.hack//LIMINALITY Fan Fiction / .hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ .hack//CHECK ❯ Epilogue 2 ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Epilogue 2 // Well...
 
It's been six months since the incident.
 
CC Corp is out of business, and it looks like we're gonna have a chance to see how the checks and balances of our great country work... Let's be realistic, here. We all know they're gonna cover it up. For the first time ever, it looked like the government might have had a class action suit on its hands...
 
Shelly started seeing Ian... Honestly, I have no idea what she sees in him... He's broke, he spends all of his time on the pirate servers of an extinct online game... What the hell? Did I not pay enough attention to her? What gives? I mean, c'mon... The news reported it! A million corpses! Someone had to do SOMETHING! I mean, a little neglect under those circumstances is understandable, right?
 
Right?
 
Good lord. Maybe I should stop dating celebrities... They tend to be prima donnas... Everything is about them, them, them...
 
Hmm... In retrospect, it may have been my other relationships that caused this...
 
Well, I'm working on another movie... Don't ask me about the last one. Don't worry about this one, though. I ran the script past Tiffany as soon as I got it, and she said that as long as I do exactly as the director says, it won't flop. . . Directors are there to direct, after all.
 
Went over to Jack's place a week ago... What the hell is that guy up to? I swear, he didn't say more than “hey, how are you” the entire time I was there... Okay... Well, maybe he did say a bit more than that... But I mean, really. From the looks of things, Jack is up to something big. He's filled his living room with computers. I'm assuming that he built them all himself. Hell, I know I would... From what I was looking at on one of the screens, it looked kinda like a physics engine or something... He was on the phone a lot... I had to cook his dinner. Which makes me wonder how often he eats... I spent most of my stay talking to his dog. I don't know which should bother me more: the fact that I was talking to a dog, or the fact the dog seemed to understand what I was saying to it.
 
Hmmm... Now that I think about it, I haven't heard from Tiffany much lately. I wonder what she's up to...
 
Ah, well. Ciao. Don't do anything I wouldn't consider doing.
 
Danny Carter