Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Till the End of Time ❯ Chapter 4: The Story part 2 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“The Almighty One later ignored the mortal's wish and let fate decide the mortal's life. He never knew, however, that the feelings that the two have will one day bring disaster to the universe.”
 
Chapter 4: The Story part 2
 
Forseti inhaled a massive amount of air and in few seconds, released it. He then glares at me as if I angered him. I gulped.
 
“The feelings that the Goddess had had been too much for Yggdrasil to handle, as well as for earth, and the gates that connect the worlds began to weaken, letting Nifleheim, land of freezing mist and darkness as well as the home of the Goddess of the Underworld Hel and the Giant Surt, to enter heaven, and the other worlds, safely. You know that a Goddess's power increases when she held love within her, right? Her love for the mortal was so strong that, unknown to the goddess and heaven, she was leaking power and directing it to the gates… hurting and weakening it. It's like a massive exert of greenhouse gasses that shrunken the ozone layer on Earth. The weaker the ozone, the more Ultraviolet rays enter Earth. It's like that with the gates and Surt's army. Surt's army is the Ultraviolet rays, and the Gates are the Ozone layer.”
 
I never knew that our love for each other was that dangerous. I know now why he sent me to battlefield, instead of ending my life, He wanted to let me witness and experience the cause of our love for each other.
 
“That is why their love for each other is so special yet so dangerous. Earth wasn't strong enough to hold the goddess's power, unlike here on Heaven. Their love for each other was something to admire by every couple around, especially when they succeed on passing through the Judgment Gate.”
 
“When the Almighty One found out about the weaken gates and the cause of it. He ordered an immediate separation and death to the mortal. He sent he's valkyries, including my mentor, to find them.”
 
I do not know why he was hesitating. He look at all of his direction- up, down, front, left, right, back- to see if someone is either eavesdropping or looking. Satisfied that no aura or eavesdropper were to be found that could be listening to us, he whispered to me.
 
“It took six long years to find the two. To tell you the truth, they were actually found a day after the order was executed. My mentor and her squad found them, hiding on the basement of one of the mortal's relatives. Pity overcomes my mentor, especially when the two are my mentor's closest friends, and helped them find a place were the Almighty One will never find.”
 
I stared at him in shock as memories flooded my mind. The sadness the blue haired Valkyrie gave us, the cries of my infant son, the tears of my wife, green grass, yellow house, fire. My thoughts were interrupted when Forseti wave a hand in front of my face.
 
“Hello, are you still there? Good. Anyway, the place they reside-“ He look at all his direction again and whispered, “It's a world called Alfheim, the land of the light elves. They welcomed the family, yes a family for the goddess gave birth to a son, with welcome arms and engulf them with special light that acts as a camouflage to their aura and synchronize it with the elves' to make their aura like the elves. It was perfect and they lived in harmony for over half a decade. During those six years of harmony, the Goddess yet again gave birth to three infants, all three females.”
 
A tear slide down from my eyes as yet again memories of a smiling mother as she proudly held one of her daughters in her arms and a boy, the mother's son, smiling brightly at his father beside his mother.
 
“Are you alright? Why are you crying?”
 
I sniffed and rub the tears from my eyes. “It's nothing, I just remembered something, please continue.”
 
“Oh, okay. Anyway, on the fifth month of the sixth year they stayed on Aflheim, some traitor valkyrie told of their location to the Almighty. Angry by this, he sent a unit of highly experienced valkyries to retrieve the mortal, the goddess, and their children and kill any one who gets on the way. My mentor did not participate on this, and sadly confessed to the Almighty of her involvement with the family. The Almighty forgives my mentor but will be promised a punishment after the family is retrieved.”
 
I remember this. I was so angry at the Almighty as one of the valkyries harshly push me in front of the council chamber and kneeled painfully before the Almighty, Heaven's Council Members, and my family who sat silently beside the Almighty. I could see fear and sadness in my wife's eyes as well as the tears of my son. I wasn't able to find my three daughters, probably with some goddess to be taken care of for a while. I gave my family a reassuring smile and a thumb up, giving them a sign that everything will be alright. Everything was not alright when my punishment was given to me. I remember the misery my wife released when I was dragged out of the chamber and into a dark room that I tried to forget, all the pain that they inflected upon me, and the sorrow and misery of the separation from my family. It was unbearable.
 
“I don't really know what happened in Afleheim. When they retrieve the family, they were sent to the council chambers to be trialed. The session was kept private and the people who knew about it must keep it to themselves and not let anyone know of it, so I don't really know what happened. My mentor's punishment was to spread a false rumor on the mortal, that he kidnapped and raped the Almighty's daughter. This was to view that a mortal and a divine being can never be together. The system in which wishes will be given to mortals was abolished so that the same `mistake' shall never happen again. Yggdrasil's inspection was never completed and left abandoned, but it's still operational and its new purpose nowadays is to renew the gates and keep a sharp eye on the other worlds and the beings that reside on those worlds. It will act as a tree that connects the worlds together like that of the branches of a tree. The mortal, who is now viewed as the worst being in the universe, was banished from the heavens and the mortal plains and will be sent to battle in Ragnarok against the advancing armies of Surt and the Goddess Hel.”
 
From my view, I could see a family. It consists of a father, a mother, and a son walking around the park happily. A feeling of Nostalgia rouses from its slumber within my heart. Oh how I long to see my wife and children one more time, to see their smiles as I walk towards them, to feel their welcoming arms and the warmth of their happiness.
 
“The Lady Goddess now resides within the palace of the Almighty, sealed within the halls of the Almighty One where the souls of the dead await for their final judgment. Her powers stripped, leaving her nothing but an immortal human. Her license as a first class goddess, second category still remain but her duties as a first class goddess was taken away by the almighty and replaced it with the duties of a judge. A judge who decides the faith of the dead, whether he or she is given the grace of the Almighty and be allowed within the gates of heaven, or be sent to hell, where the ever so proud Hild reside, to rot and become a devil. The punishment is nothing but harsh and cruel to the gentle and caring Goddess.”
 
Forseti glanced at my direction and sadly cast his eyes away from me when he witnessed my overflowing tears. I sniffed and sob, trying to imagine the new life and duties my gentle wife were forced to live. I cursed the Almighty One for the cruelty he cast upon his middle daughter.
 
Seconds turned into minutes as I angrily mutter curses at the Almighty, not caring whether he heard me or not. I knew that Forseti was listening to every word I say, and, though he didn't show it, disturbed by the insults I spat. Finally calmed, I turned my attention to the boy beside me and ask him this question I've been wanting to ask.
 
“Why are you telling me this?'
 
The look in his eyes brought forth another wave of nostalgia. Those blue gentle eyes, so gentle it resembles Her.
 
“Why, you ask. Like I said before, I feel as if I knew you somewhere… One who is very important to me. My mentor, Lind, told me about you and about the Lady Goddess Belldandy…”
 
I cast my eyes down in sadness.
 
“…And about my three younger sisters and me.”
 
Ho ho ho, A little cliffie there lol. So who do you think Forseti really is?