Alice 19th Fan Fiction ❯ Healing the Heart ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chris and Alicia turned to see who had snuck up on them. There stood a boy with curly blond hair and bright sapphire blue eyes smiling broadly at them. Judging by appearances, he couldn't be any older than 13.
 
“You did such a great job on exorcising that girl.” For than I must congratulate you. However, you still have a long way to go.”
 
Chris placed himself in front of Alicia. “What do you mean by that?” Chris asked warily.
 
The boy's smile twisted into a smirk. “You both harbor a great darkness in your hearts. And of course, such things wouldn't taint a true Lotis master.”
 
“And who the hell do you think you are!?” Alicia spat at him.
 
“Oh my. I did forget to introduce myself, didn't I? I am Samuel.” A dark aura surrounded his arms, forming 11 different runes. “I'm a master of the Maram words.” Before either Lotis master has a chance to react he backed towards the edge of the roof. “By the way, you're family seems to be doing well Alicia. Seems you were worth nothing to them after all. With that, he jumped off the roof. Alicia and Chris ran towards the edge and looked over. There was not a trace of him.
 
Ding Ding Ding
 
Chris looked back towards the door. “Come Alicia, we need to get back to class.”
 
*~*~*
 
When Chris reached the entrance to the student drop-off ramp, he was surprised to see Andrew there. He looked like he was stressed over something. Upon seeing Chris, Andrew approached him quickly. “What happened after I left you two today?”
 
“Why do you ask?”
 
“Alicia hasn't been to any of her classes since lunch. I went to the office after the final bell and they said she had checked herself out. She was perfectly fine when I left her. What caused her to leave?”
 
Chris ran his hands through his hair. Andrew never was one to back off when he wanted to know something. “Alicia was told by someone that she meant nothing to her family. Maybe she took it badly?”
 
Andrew gave Chris a look that practically screamed `No crap! Of course she took it badly!' “We need to find her. Could she have gone to your house?”
 
Chris shook his head. “I doubt it. More likely than not she does not want to be found.”
 
“Then we should head to the sanctuary. Phillip can probably help us find her.”
 
*~*~*
 
“Hey! Old man!” Andrew yelled as he and Chris walked into the sanctuary.
 
A blonde man walked out of a door to their right. “For the last time, I'm am not old.”
 
“But I got your attention, didn't I?” Andrew smirked.
 
“Phillip, has Alicia come here?” Chris interjected.
 
The blond man shook his head. “No, I haven't seen anyone else but you two today. Has she gone missing?”
 
“Yes.” Andrew answered. “And since you love poking your nose into other people's lives, you must know some of her favorite places.”
 
Phillip emerald green eyes darkened. “Actually, when I did an Internet search about her I found something interesting. She is a daughter of Paul Maxwell is she not?”
 
“Yes…”
 
“Then something is wrong with her family. In every article I pulled up on her family, only one child is mentioned: a young girl a few years older than Alicia named Katherine. The first and only time Alicia is mentioned is during the investigation of her mother's death.”
 
Chris and Andrew's eyes widened. “What does that mean?” Andrew asked.
 
“That family is hiding something big.”
 
*~*~*
 
Alicia stepped out of the taxi into the warm summer breeze. “I'm back.”