Angels Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Heaven ❯ Lost Heaven ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Lost Heaven
 
They say in the Ancient Books, unknown to the world, that there is a world not unlike our own. Countries shaped similarly to ours, vast oceans as deep and blue, and faces… Faces that are our own. If anyone has ever told you that everyone in the world has a twin… They weren't lying.
 
My name is Romi… just Romi; I have no surname. I'm Your average 17-year-old student; decent grades, a few awards, and all that jazz. I'm currently studying abroad in Japan, though I'm only here for two weeks. Once I'm done studying here, my next target is Munich, Germany. After that I plan to explore the ancient tombs and pyramids of Egypt.
 
You see, I'm an experiment.
 
I was “born” in the International Laboratory of Human Science. My creators were illegally studying human transmutation—a taboo of alchemy—when they started “planning” my birth. The human whose form I was supposed to take lives now in the other world… My “twin.”
 
If I am confusing you, please be patient. You will understand in due time. If it helps, I am also known as a homunculus. A creature born from science… A failed experiment. But unlike most homunculi, I am actually quite sane. I understand things of this world and only use my powers if needed.
 
But being a homunculus is not easy to live with. Knowing that you were a failed creation, cursed with monstrous features and strange powers. We live with the heaviest burden… To carry the knowledge that you stole a child's soul, a child still in the womb of its mother. It's a wonder I myself haven't lost my sanity yet.
 
Fortunately for me, my only strange features are my vibrant pink hair and mystifying amethyst eyes. My natural hair color is truly pink, and my eyes purple. But since this world is plain and without magic, I must often lie to my acquaintances. There is only one person who believes me, one who knows my story and how I came to be. One person who is able to help me find my other self…
 
It's been three years since that day.
 
☆
 
The wind was strange this morning. It blew to the east… a sign of some sort? Perhaps… we shall see.
 
I'm Romi; 14 years old and currently attending a high school in London, England, although I wasn't born here. I'm an experiment. My birth place was in an International lab in the United States.
 
In my Mythology class, we're working on projects of certain Gods and Goddesses—any of your choice, unless someone beat you to it. I chose to examine my own race more thoroughly—so I am “acting” as one of the seven sins of the homunculi. It's complicated to explain; I wasn't a complete failure, so I was not given a sin as a name. In fact, I was almost exactly what they had wanted—except…
 
In my presentation, I described my birth and how most homunculi such as myself act. Of course, we were supposed to tell it in first person. As you can imagine, it was not difficult for me since I wasn't lying.
 
Out of the 38 students that presented in the past two weeks, only one had caught my interest. He created his own “God,” but he was a God of Alchemy. He was the only “God” who was able to create and use the Philosopher's Stone, and cursed those he saw as evil whenever he wished. We made eye contact near the end, and he froze… My gaze is fairly powerful. It's the greatest power I possess… the power to see through the eyes and into the mind.
 
I saw that he wasn't lying, either.
 
His name is Edric Himmel, a tall brunette boy with dazzling green eyes. When I first saw him, I nearly had to double take. He almost looked like an angel… an angel whose wings were clipped as he fell from Heaven.
 
The lost Heaven of which I was searching for.
 
I'd never seen him much around school. I kept to myself, as did everyone else. But there were times when I ran into him at the local library—each time he was reading up on alchemy or homunculi…
 
Finally, that day, he came up to me after class. “Excuse me, Romi,” he said, quite politely. “Um…” He blushed, seemingly embarrassed. “Why were you staring so intently at me during my presentation? It was… a bit unnerving.”
 
I offered a smile, shuffling some of my papers in my bag. “I just found your topic of choice… interesting, perse,” I said, barely implying that I knew his secret. He tried to smile, nervously scratching the back of his neck.
 
“Look… Can we… maybe hang out sometime? There's something… Something I want to talk to you about,” he said. I blinked, my eyebrows knit together.
 
“Sure,” I replied, sensing that this was the only time I'd be able to get information out of him in private. I didn't have friends, and I assumed he didn't either, so we never hung out until that day.
 
It was very awkward at first… Until Edric started a conversation about alchemy. He was quite surprised at my knowledge. Then again, I was born from alchemy. Although it was misuse of alchemy…
 
“Um, about that,” he added quietly, glancing around the ice cream shop we had gone to. “You aren't… I mean, you can't be a real…” He paused, concentrating, staring at me though I knew my gaze made him uneasy.
 
“The truth is…” I started, also glancing around. “Yes. I am. I can't explain it to you now… in public, but maybe we can meet up at my house this weekend. Then I can tell you.”
 
His eyes widened slightly and his mouth hung open. I put a smirk on my face, gathering up my things and waving goodbye. This was the moment that I had been waiting for…
 
I had finally found my guide to the lost Heaven.