Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Aang's Last feast ❯ One good day ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
The world was in balance once again. With the defeat of Fire Lord Ozia, the world was at peace. The Avatar had made peace, and even was able to bring his people back from extinction. But that was 100 years ago. Avatar Aang was an old man now. But he had enough life left for one last adventure.
Aang woke up a in small room. It was plain, but had a homey feel to it. He got up and walked to the window. He loved the view of the Potola Mountains at dawn.
“What a beautiful morning,” Aang thought, ‘To day will be a great day. Everyone should be here by noon.” He then picked up a pen and paper and began writing something. When he was finished, Aang walked out and saw a few young monks playing on air cycles. But one was having trouble.
“Awe man, I’ll never get this right,” complained the young monk.
“You are just a bit slow when jumping on it,” said Aang “Try jumping on the moment the ball is created.”
“Okay,” said the young monk. He moved his arms, and made the ball, and made on top. “Wow, thank you Avatar.”
“Please, call me Aang,” Aang said humbly. He patted the boy on his back and went for morning meditation.
Noon came, and a group of people on a flying bison came to the temple. Aang went to meet it. He saw riding it were three old woman, two old men, and who appeared to be some of their children.
“Katara, your still as beautiful as ever,” said Aang as he addressed one of the women with silvery hair.
“Thanks Aang. It is so good to see you again,” Katara replied with a smile. Aang could tell, though her face was withered by time, her spirit was a kind as ever. Behind here was an elderly man with a burn over his left eye and a golden flame in his topknot.
“Fire Lord Zuko, It is a pleasure to see you in good health. I see Katara hasn’t healed that scar yet,” said Aang jokingly, with a deep bow.
“It is a reminder of what my people were like once,” replied Zuko, “You remember our daughters Kana and Ursa?” as he waved to two beautiful, identical women, both wearing a combination of Fire Nation, and Water Tribe attire.
“And our grandson, Iroh?” continued Zuko. He pointed to a young boy who had a beautiful face.
“Hello Avatar Aang,” they said in unison. Behind them was another couple.
“Sokka How’s Kyoshi Island and the South Pole these days? Shouldn’t you of gotten a hair cut by now.”
A man with a white ponytail replied, “Fine Aang. You know I think the Unagi could use a visit.” He chuckled. An elderly woman with brown hair, and a fan walked up and hit him. “Suki, what was that for?”
“I felt like it.” Suki chuckled. “Aang, You know are daughter Yue.” Aang saw Suki point to a pretty woman with a large belly.
“Oh ” cried Aang “When are you expecting.”
“It could be any day now.” Yue said with a smile as her husband rubbed the belly.
The last person to greet Aang was garbed in green clothes holding what seemed to be a rabbit with large hind legs.
“Hello Twinkle Toes,” she said, while kicking the ground at the same time. Aang jumped, and landed on a small pillar that she just created.
“I see you’re still light on your feet Aang. Sorry Snoozels, didn’t realize you were that close,” she said.
“Yeah right Toph,” said Sokka picking himself up.
“So is that Flopsie III? And how is Omashu?” asked Aang
“Yes. Omashu is great. The people are really enjoying me as their Queen.” replied Toph.
“Well, you guys have been traveling for awhile, how about some lunch?” asked Aang
The walked up the path to the main hall.
As they entered the Dining Hall, Sokka asked, “So are we having meat?”
“You know Air Nomads don’t eat meat. But I had a monk go and get some for you guys for this occasion,” answered Aang.
“Wow thanks Aang.” Replied Sokka happily.
“Let’s eat,” said Aang.
“Zuko, why aren’t you eating?” asked Katara.
“One hundred years ago to day, you defeated my father, and my uncle became the Fire Lord.” said Zuko.
“He’s the one I’m named after, isn’t he mom?” asked Iroh.
“Yes, son” replied Kana.
“I know he never loved me, but I still miss him,” said Zuko.
“So, nobody had seen you father since the day after Aang defeated him?” inquired Toph.
“No,” said Zuko.
The feast lasted several hours. The old friends shared memories, old and new.
“I’m telling you, I scared Suki so bad when I hid in my capsized bout....” Sokka said.
“You still have those brusies I gave you for that.” Suki retorted. Even Zuko joined in.
“Hey dad, tell us a story of when you were still trying to capture Uncle Aang,” pleaded Ursa.
“Yeah Dad. Make it about Fire Lord Iroh,” said Kana.
“Okay, I remember one time when he was captured by a group of Earth Kingdom soldiers. Only when they caught him, he was taking a bath.”
“How did he escape Grandpa?”
“He first fell of the horse to drop his sandal. This allowed me to track him. Then he tricked them into touching his cuffs after he heated them up. And just as they were about to crush his hands, I came and saved him.”
“Yeah grandpa ” cried Iroh.
“And when the fight was over, I asked something very important. I said, ‘Now would you please put on some clothes ’” And every one started laughing. Then suddenly Aang got up.
“What’s the matter Aang?” asked Katara.
“Oh nothing, I was going to do my evening meditation and then I will rest. Good-bye everybody,” replied Aang.
“Mind if I join?” asked Toph.
“I would like that Toph”
When they went into the monastery, Toph tapped Aang on the shoulder. When he faced her, she kissed him passionately.
Those seconds seemed like hours, even days passed by.
When they finally separated, Toph said with a smile, “I’ve always wanted to that.”
“So did I, but being the Avatar. You know I wanted to be with you to, but I couldn’t....”
“Save it Aang. I know you had your responsibilities, but that doesn’t stop the way I feel.”
“Or the way I feel.” And they kissed again. Then they sat down and Toph watched Aang meditate.
After twenty minutes or so, Toph realized it. She rushed over to Aang, but she got no response.
“Hey Guys!!! Get In Here NOW!!! AANG IS DEAD!!” Toph screamed. In moments everyone was in the room.
“Come on Aang, you can’t die on us just yet.” Katara choked out between the sobs and tears. . After a few minutes of trying to wake him, Sokka found a note inside Aang’s robes.
He read and tears came from his eyes. “It says,
‘Dear friends
If you are reading this then I am dead. I had a vision this morning of Avatar Roku. He told me that I was going to die, and I knew this would eventually happen. I was happy to be able to say good bye to all my friends. I lived a full and happy life. I have two requests. The first is I wish that you cremate me at sunset tomorrow, and scatter my ashes in four places. The first is in the winds of this temple. The next is in the volcano where Avatar Roku’s temple was. The third is near the Northern Oasis. And lastly is in the City of Omashu. I wish you all a wonderful life, and the second request is for each of you to go and never have a day without some fun in it.
Sincerely,
Aang”
“He knew he was going to die, and he didn’t tell us How inconsiderate If he wasn’t dead I would kill him my self ” Toph claimed.
“You don’t mean that Toph’
“Yeah I do Katara! He just sat there with a smile on his face knowing this was the last time we were going to see him ” Then the two of them hugged and cried into each other’s arms.
Later Sokka, and Zuko moved his body back to his room.
“I guess that is why he was in such a good mood.” Katara noted as she looked at his peaceful face. Then without warning water crashed over her shoes.
“Oh my goodness!! My water has broken ” cried Yue. With in the hour, Yue had given birth to a baby boy.
“You know he looks kinda like dad,” Sokka mentioned as he held his grandson for the first time.
The next day, they cremated Aang’s body. Zuko, Ursa, and Kana lit the fire. The fire danced as lively as Aang had lived his life. No eyes were dry that sunset. They left the Southern Air Temple the following day. Katara, Zuko and there family headed back to the Fire Nation. Sokka and Suki to Kyoshi Island. Yue, her husband, and their baby boy, to be named Bato headed back to the Northern water tribe. And Lastly Toph returned to the City of Omashu. Each one carried with them a small urn of Aang’s ashes, and when the next Avatar would be born. Little did they know that they had witnessed the birth themselves.