Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Chit Chat ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Chit Chat
 
Toph and Katara were talking.
 
“So what does he look like?” the Earth Kingdom girl asked.
 
Katara raised an eyebrow. “What does it matter?”
 
“Don't think I can't see what people look like,” she chided. “I could describe you to a t.”
 
The waterbender rolled her eyes. “Fine. He's got a big scar on his left eye. Last time we saw him he didn't have the ponytail.”
 
“Sokka still has a ponytail.”
 
“Yes, so that's one less thing I can bug him about.”
 
“What else?”
 
“I don't know. He's pretty much an arrogant bastard. Oh, and he travels with an old guy.”
 
“What about appearance wise? I gotta know these things so I can attack the right person. Good thing we got the ponytail thing cleared up or I would've attacked Sokka.”
 
They giggled at the indignant “hey” from the distance.
 
“Well,” Katara thought a moment. “Aang keeps seeing him in Earth Kingdom garb, and we've seen him use swords before. He's got a pretty good balance for it.”
 
“Muscled arms, then?”
 
“Oh yeah. And he's pretty strong. He gets angry a lot too. Must come with firebending.”
 
“Right. What about movements? People have pretty distinguishing walks and attack styles.”
 
Katara tilted her head, thinking. “Hm… Like I said, he's arrogant. He walks like it to. Like he's all “princely.” Which he's not. Mean and conniving, that's what he is. He can fight, because we've fought. He pretty much forces his attacks on you. No grace, whatsoever. Just wham! It's pretty easy to sneak around him, especially with waterbending.”
 
“Pretty stationary to the ground?”
 
“Yeah, I guess. He knows some tricks though.”
 
“What else?”
 
“Ah… He's got a pretty strong personality. I think he's learned to adapt himself to most situations. We've fought him on countless terrains. He never wins.”
 
“A spoiled prince. Easy.”
 
“Maybe not spoiled. And we're pretty sure he's on his own now, considering.”
 
“Whatever. He sounds easy to beat.”
 
“Easy to beat but not easy to bring down. Trust me, we've tried. He doesn't give up. Might be his only redeeming quality.”
 
“Doesn't sound like he has much else to go on.”
 
“Well, you know. He can't be a complete brat. He's not necessarily ruthless. He's got morals… I think. And he had to get that scar from somewhere. I wonder where that was.”
 
Toph giggled. “You sound like you like him.”
 
“I don't!”
 
“Bet you can't wait until we run into him again.”
 
“No! How can you even say that?!”
 
“Because it's true.”
 
“It's not!”
 
“Come on, Sugar Queen. You couldn't tell a proper lie if your life depended on it.”
 
Katara glowered. “…Shut up.”
 
Sokka moved forward. “Katara…”
 
“It's a joke, idiot, and I don't. Now shut it before I shut it for you.”
 
They walked in silence a little bit longer, until…
 
“So, Katara,” Toph said loudly. “Where do you wander off to in the middle of the night?”
 
Aang sighed. It was going to be a long trip.
 
Notes:
I could've taken it in a different direction, but honestly, Katara hasn't seen that much of Zuko. I don't even know if she's really seen him fight with swords, but I can pretend.
I love Toph. She is perfect for awkward situations.