Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ When Subs Divide ❯ Haru's Date ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Haru's Date
 
 
Katara woke up. This time everyone was still asleep. She walked out of the tent and tried to clutch at where her mothers necklace should be then she started to cry. Zuko, hearing her cry since he was half asleep, got up and followed the sound. He brushed her tears away with his fingers and reached in his pocket. He pulled out her necklace. Katara looked at it (everyone, including Sokka and Aang were watching from the tent, this is THAT early in the morning that Sokka and Aang hadn't left yet)
“OH ZUKO!” Katara said. She swung her arms around his neck. Zuko kind of taken aback by the gesture froze then calmed down. He grinned and hugged her around the waist. Katara realizing that he took this the wrong way stepped back and put her hand out. Zuko kissed her really fast, even though he wasn't allowed to and spun her around. She was confused so she didn't move. She felt Zuko's hand on her shoulders then on her neck. He put her mother's necklace on her. The he stepped back. She twirled it around in her fingers and turned around but stopped. She realized everyone including her brother which made it worse had seen it. To them it probably looked like she didn't mind the kiss. She looked at Aang who's expression was angry, yet it looked at has always been that way, he had never been cheerful in his life it seemed. His face had hardened, like Zuko's had after he had been banished. Zuko's face started getting more happy and cheerful while Aang transformed into and angry scowl. Katara also noticed the hurt in his eyes.
“Aang…” She started. Aang shook his head.
“I don't care Katara, it's your life.” He grabbed Sokka and they both ran off into the woods. Katara looked down. A tear fell but before it hit the ground she spun it around in the air.
“What do you mean?” She asked the tear drop.
She looked at it for a minute and let it fall over the edge. Haru stepped up.
“Katara…we should get going…I was thinking we could sit by the bottom of the mountain or something…if you don't mind the walk.” Haru said. Katara looked at Haru and shrugged. Jet walked off saying, “HAH, mountain?! We're ON a friggin mountain. I took her to a river.”
It took a bit longer for them to reach the base of the mountain but they left earlier than everyone else so they had more time. They sat up against the mountain, it was grassy and nice and calm.
“So this is pointless right?” Haru asked staring at Katara.
“What is?” Katara asked.
“This date. You already gave your heart to Zuko?” This was Haru's way of asking about her and Zuko.
“No, I mean, I can't say, it'll be unfair…but that kiss this morning was unexpected, and I got distracted when I got back my mothers necklace. I couldn't stop it, I can't say anything now.” Katara looked out over the grass and flowers.
“Are you distracted now?” Haru asked. Katara didn't catch this.
“Yea, these flowers are beautiful!” Katara said, then she noticed she gave Haru a heads up. As in, `it's okay to kiss me I'm distracted.'
“Not as beautiful as you.” Haru said. He held Katara's head in his hand, Katara looked at Haru. His hair had gotten longer, his eyes were handsome, and he was strong and a great kind guy. He believed in her when she was alone. He stuck by her when she was rejected. He saved her without noticing it. Before he could kiss it she said, “Thank you, for saving me.” Katara said. Haru smiled.
“Please, you're the one who saved me! Can I ask you a favor?” Haru said. Katara smiled.
“Yea, anything, what do you need?” Katara asked.
“a kiss, one kiss. You don't need to like me or chose to stay with me but one kiss and I can go through-out my life saying I loved someone and I kissed that someone.” Haru stared into Katara's eyes. Katara was totally in a trance, this was more romantic than the last two…especially more than Zuko's. Katara wanted to kissed him. So she did, and It lasted longer than Jet's and Zuko's put together. It even got into a fire nation kiss before they heard a loud crashing noise. Haru looked up the mountain, huge boulders were headed right for them.
“Haru!” Katara yelled above the noise, “Use your earth bending!” Haru heard her and quickly threw the boulders out of the way, one by one, they kept coming and coming. Soon he got tired. He could only do so much of waving his arms around. He stood there staring at the boulders, he was too tired, he wouldn't make it if he ran. Katara grabbed him and pulled him out of the way. She got hit. Hard. Haru ran over to where the boulder had knocked Katara senseless.
“Katara are you alright?!” Okay it knocked her more than senseless, it knocked her out. No reply. Haru looked up the mountain, the boulders had stopped coming, relief. Haru tried to arouse her from her motionless status, nothing. Haru realized that it would be hell for him to carry her up the whole mountain, not that he wouldn't love too or that she was heavy, just he was too tired.
“HELP! HELP! AANG! SOKKA! JET! ZUKO!” Maybe one of them was in ear shot, he thought. Just then, Sokka and Aang came gliding over on Aangs stick kite thingy. Sokka was freaking out, he hated heights, Aang was serious. When they landed, Sokka freaked out…again.
“What happened?” Sokka asked.
“Boulder came from the mountain and hit her. She tried to save me.” Haru said, he was a man, he couldn't cry but he couldn't hold it in any longer.
“YOU IDIOT! You let the rock hit her?!” Aang said. “WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST MOVE IF IT WAS COMING?!” Aang yelled at him which made matters worse. Sokka had to hold Aang back from hitting Haru. Aang was steaming now. He stared at Katara, stunning when awake, gorgeous when sleeping, beautiful when crying. He knelt down next to her and moved the hair out of her face.
“I'll call Appa, he'll take her back to the campsite…base of the mountain…you idiot.” Aang said as he left Katara and walked off with his flying bison whistle.