Batman Fan Fiction ❯ Second Sight ❯ Hidden Spector ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 2
Hidden Specter
 
“Ghosts do not inhabit the machine!” The man screamed as he pressed his hand gun further into his captives skin. “The machine is only the last embodiment of mans flawed quest to find an unloving god.” He continued totally unaware that more than just his hostages listened to his rant.
 
`Bato,' Major Kusanagi spoke on section nines encrypted link. No more needed to be said as she hung invisibly in the corner of the ceiling.
 
Bato also cloaked scanned the assailant. `Major this is no humanist his heat signature isn't even human.'
 
`What' the major replied.
 
`According to my scan he is a mark twelve cyborg. It's a new design out of the Itchi corporation.'
 
`If he is a cyborg then what could he hope to gain from this'
 
`He could be taking the heat away from somewhere else'
 
The major reacted to this, `Togasa I need you to be alert this may only be a ploy.' Togasa acknowledged this with a grunt. `Ishikawa,' she began
 
`Already on it major you will know what happens before anyone decides to do it.'
 
Section nine as it is now had only been in operation for a few years, but they had the ability to read each other. The Major only had to say a name and it was already known what was needed. There success repeatedly counted on this fact. Aramaki there leader was a genius of design and his hand built team proved this time and time again. Even repeated attacks from there own government, the people funding them could not bring them down.
 
`Major,' Aramaki began on a special link just to the Major, `This attack has reached the desk of the defense minister we need to end this quickly before the media is able to enter the situation. No fatalities lets have this one clean.' Ever since the last attempt to end section the ministers of the state have been pressing very hard at the body count, they wanted the job done with as little blood on there hands as possible. Beside elections where in a few months.
 
`Batou, Boma,Saito,' the Major yelled over there link. Her crew sprang into action Batou was in charge of distraction while Boma and Saito rescued hostages and the Major was on take down.
 
“I shall cleanse the earth,” the type twelve continued. A tap on his shoulder took him by surprise. In his shock he turned dropping his captive. A greater shock came next.
 
“Excuse me do you know where the bathroom is?” Batou asked smiling. He took his moment to attack and swung with all of his cybernetic might. The blow barely nudging the man. “Your not a type twelve are you?”
 
The bot sprang forth at him swinging and kicking Batou took only to defense ducking and parrying each blow. A low swing kick brought him to the ground and a quick roll allowed him to barely miss an impact directed straight for his head. His roll was to slow as the bots other hand raced down and scooped him up by his neck.
 
Batou looked around the room was completely clear now. The man noticed this to and began to growl. Batou, kicked him in the most sensitive place he could think of. A metallic thud was the only sound and the Cyborg looked at him with a funny expression. He smiled and shrugged then kicked again. No luck.
 
He was thrown across the room nearly destroying the far wall. Before he could stand and react he was on him again. The borgs fist swung down at him with amazing speed, stopping just hitting Batou. Smoke poured from his joints, it fell to the ground stuck in its attack position.
 
“Major, you know I love your right? But your timing is horrible.”
 
“Sorry next time I will let it charge all the way.” The major said decloaking and holding a small device with electrodes connected to the cyborg.”

**********************************
 
Batou crashed landed on a couch in the office of Director Aramaki. He crossed his legs and waited to for the debriefing to begin. Aramaki walked in and sat at his desk shortly fallowed by the Major. She stood in front of his desk and began to speak.
 
“The cyborg attack from yesterday had gone with out a hitch. Even the defense minister was forced to acknowledge this fact, though in normal form the local police received full credit.” She moved to a monitor that descended out of the wall. “This footage was taken at the same from a security camera at the Serano Corporations Headquarters at the same time as the attack.”
 
The video showed nothing other than a continuous loop of several guards falling knocked down by some unknown source.
 
Aramaki toned in, “At this moment we have no reason to believe that the attacks are connected. We are not taking any chances at this point.”
 
Togusa looked up, ”Was anything stolen?” the members of section nine all looked to him as the least cyberneticly altered of the crew he had proven very valuable to the team no only in field opp but as a mind to the group.
 
“Only a small amount of data.” The major continued, “On the interceptors project. And one other thing of note was found left behind.”
The major went to a drawer opened by Aramaki lifting out a large black object which she tossed onto a table between the couches. It landed with a hard clang.
 
The object, was the shape of a bat.
 
 
 
Batman stood outside of an unmarked warehouse. Last night he had broken into the Serano building in search of any information on the interceptors being shipped to the united states. Unfortunately the only information he was able to find was that the project had been cancelled and all the remaining stock was destroyed.
 
He had left a special Bat-a-rang with an experimental tracer, at the scene in hopes that this section nine that the oracle spoke of would come to investigate. This building seemed to fit the bill for a quasy secret organization that operated on which either side of the law it required.
 
That was step one. Step two, infiltrate Section Nines computer systems and see how much they knew. Night was falling soon. Bats only came out at night. Besides Bruce Wayne needed to make a stop at Wayne Tech Japan.