Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 57

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 57
 
 
~Serena's POV~
 
“Is she ever going to wake up?”
 
No. No I was not. My real body was lying on a bed in the medical center in a self-induced coma. My way of dealing with the horror of being raped in my own mind. I, in my astral body, had shut down almost everything. All I allowed was vital organs and hearing. I was curled up under the stairs Kai had run up earlier. It was dark. I knew Marik was gone; but I could still feel some of his evil.
 
“I don't know Serenity,” said Duke.
 
Sobs in the outside world.
 
“What happened? When I was under Marik's control, I didn't go into a coma.”
 
“She's trying to heal.”
 
“He speaks! The Russian speaks!”
 
“Quiet Tristan. What do you mean Kai?” I could imagine Yugi, or was it the pharaoh who had spoken, looking at Kai questioningly.
 
“Marik violated her in her own mind.”
 
“Like he…raped her…in her mind?” Teá sounded appalled.
 
“Everyone's mind is different. You saw how Marik treated her right? He called her his queen. He took it one step further in her mind.”
 
“How do you know this Kai?” asked Serenity.
 
“Another one of Serena's powers is telepathy. Telepathies form a link with someone else. Astral selves can travel between those links apparently.”
 
“So you saw…” Duke didn't finish.
 
“Yeah.”
 
Knuckles cracking.
 
“Tristan, Duke, let's go take care of that sicko.”
 
“Right behind you Joey,” said Tristan.
 
A roar. A dragon's roar.
 
“Yeah, you can come too Dragonia,” said Duke with a chuckle.
 
I couldn't believe it. Dragonia was in the outside world? Did someone call her out from my blade?
 
Someone picked up my real body.
 
“What are you doing Kai? She could need medical attention!”
 
“I told you Yugi. She's this way to heal herself. She'll be safer in our room where Marik can't get to her.”
 
“Is there anything we can do?” asked Serenity.
 
“Yeah. Don't go after Marik.”
 
Protests.
 
“Serena wouldn't want any of you to get hurt on her behalf. If Serena was awake, she would tell you the same thing.”
 
“Fine,” said Tristan sadly.
 
“I don't like it.” Joey was obviously still fuming.
 
I stayed curled up in my little ball. Kai was right. I didn't want any of them hurt because of me. I had hurt enough people already. I heard the swish of a door, footsteps, another door, and then, my body was placed down. The bed bounced as someone got on it next to me. I whimpered and shrunk more under the stairs. A light shone at the top of the stairs. I saw the silhouette of someone.
 
“Serena?” The stairs creaked as Kai came down. Or was it Kai? It sounded like Kai. “Serena?”
 
I went to get out, but I drew back. What if it wasn't Kai? What if it was Marik pretending to be Kai?
 
“Serena! You can't let Marik control you!”
 
I clutched the bed sheet closer around me. I hadn't gotten around to reorganizing my mind.
 
“Serena, it's Kai. You can come out. No one's going to hurt you.”
 
Something jumped onto the stairs, causing me to shriek. Kai whirled around. “Dragonia!” Kai saw me under the stairs. “You scared Serena.” Kai walked toward me; but I shrank back, causing Kai's face to fall. “You don't trust me do you?”
 
“How do I know you're not Marik?”
 
“You and I met when we were nine. We started dating at age eleven. You just recently found out that you were stolen at birth from the hospital. Oh, and we both find Tyson Granger annoying.”
 
I crawled out from underneath the stairs. Clutching the bed sheet around my throat, I ran to Kai. He held me in his arms as I cried my eyes out.
 
“It's going to be alright.”
 
I shook my head. “My mind was my sanctuary. Now its been defiled.”
 
“Not if you remodel it.”
 
Kai didn't seem to be making sense. To me, it would still be my defiled mind. Kai took both of my hands. The bed sheet slipped. Kai laughed, he actually laughed.
 
“First, you need some clothes.”
 
“R-right.” My face red, I imagined a new outfit. I opened my eyes and looked down. I was wearing my normal black outfit.
 
-For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you-
 
“Step two. We need lights.”
 
I shook my head. Kai held me close. “I- I can't.”
 
“It takes steps to get over a horror.”
 
“And time.”
 
“Yes, but one step at a time. We need light.”
 
-I'll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through through it all-
I gulped, but obliged. My mind came into light. The bed could clearly be seen. I shrank back; but Kai held me close and made me look into his eyes.
 
“Turn that bed into whatever you want. You are in control of your own mind. Remember that.”
 
I concentrated on the bed. It transformed into a sofa.
 
“Good. Anything else you would like to change in here?”
 
-You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me-
“Um…” My legs buckled. Kai caught me and helped me toward the sofa. Dragonia wound around our legs, causing us to fall on the sofa, Kai on top of me. My eyes widened; but instead of being scared, I blushed, as did Kai.
 
“Sorry about that.” Kai got off.
 
“I-it's okay.”
 
“Really?”
 
I nodded and sat up. Kai put his arm around my shoulder and I leaned into him.
 
“We've really come a long way haven't we?” asked Kai.
 
“Yeah.”
 
-Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me-
 
“What would Tyson think of you if he had seen you crying and hiding?”
 
I sat straight up and glared at Kai. “Don't you dare tell him!”
 
Kai laughed. “I won't. We'd have to go into a long explanation anyways.”
 
I leaned my head back on Kai's shoulder. There was silence.
 
“Hey Kai?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“How'd you know to follow the telepathic link? Why did you tell M-Marik that you were my boyfriend? Why-” Kai put a finger to my lips.
 
“Am I not your boyfriend?”
 
“You are, but you never want to announce it to anyone.”
 
-You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall-
 
“Which is a mistake. You told Mai that life wasn't meaningful until someone cared for you. You're my meaning in life. Not this secrecy stuff. You.”
 
“And you mine. That's why I go along with this secrecy.”
 
“Remember when you visited my mind and helped me with my guilt about Wyatt? And how the door opened right before you left?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“I told you that you weren't one of my guilts. That was partly true. I feel guilty about having to keep our relationship a secret. What happened earlier made me see that I can't bear for anything to happen to you. You are my life and I want the world to know that. I wasn't doing you credit. You've done so much for me by just keeping the secrets, when I haven't done anything for you.”
 
-I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you-
“No. You do a lot for me Kai. You're with me everyday. You helped me through Biovolt when I would have given up long ago. You-”
 
-You were always there for me
The tender wind that carried me
A light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration
Through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you-
 
Kai tilted my face up. “So we both helped each other. We could argue for hours over who did more.” His forehead was against mine. “Why don't we say we help each other the same?” He kissed me.
 
-You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me-
I grinned. “I like that plan.” I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him again.
 
-Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me-
Soft music came into the background. Both Kai and I looked over by the `televisions'. Dragonia had her claws on a stereo. Kai and I laughed.
 
“Thank you Dragonia.”
 
“I take it she led you to me?”
 
“Yeah.” Kai kissed the top of my head.
 
I jumped off the sofa. I pointed and cleaning supplies appeared. “Time for work.”
 
Kai got up. “May I help?”
 
I shook my head. “You got me started. The rest I need to do on my own.”
 
-You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me-
 
“Will you get yourself out of your coma please? You have everyone worried.”
 
“I will. Clarify something for me though. Were Wheeler, Devlin, and Taylor actually going to beat up M-Marik?”
 
“Yes. Dragonia was going to go also.”
 
I stared at Dragonia. “How?”
 
Kai kissed me. “You need to wake up and see.” Kai traveled up the stairs and through the door labeled `Kai'.
 
-Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me-
 
I looked back at Dragonia. “What does he mean?”
 
Dragonia ignored me and curled up in front of the stereo.
 
I laughed. “Fine. Have it your way.” I went to the sofa and turned on the `televisions'.
 
~Normal POV~
 
Serena woke up to feel warm arms around her, warm breath at her neck. Serena tried to turn.
 
“And where do you think you're going?” The arms tightened.
 
“I just want to see if it's someone I like holding me or if I have to break a few bones.”
 
Laughter. The arms released. Serena turned around, nose to nose with Kai. They kissed.
 
“Welcome back.”
 
“It's good to be back.”
 
Something black was floating behind Kai. Red eyes looked at Serena.
 
“What? How is Dragonia…What is going on?”
 
“I have a theory about it and I passed it by Yamura, who agrees with me. Dragonia was fighting with Marik in your mind when the lightning hit you. Marik left; but since you had a link with Dragonia, she became real. Sort of like Dizzy's freak accident. Of course, you changed.”
 
“How?”
 
“For one, your eyes now have a tint of red in them. Two, when you talk, I see pointed eyeteeth. Finally, you have dragons traveling up your arms.”
 
Serena sat up. “Really?” She looked at her arms. Sure enough, dragons.
 
Kai pulled her back down. “You can admire your new look in the morning. It's late and you've been through a lot. You must be exhausted after using your powers.”
 
Serena yawned. Kai's arms encircled her again and pulled her close.
 
“'Night.”
 
“Good night.”
 
-I'm everything I am
Because you loved me-
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Author's Note: I do not own the song Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion. I can't write songs that good and I certainly cannot sing them (my friends can tell you that).