Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Expect the unexpected ❯ Chapter eleven: Where it all began ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warstock: Well then! Let's begin the second out of three chapters created just for you readers.
Setsuna-chan and Disclaimer still crying all over.
Red Dux: It would be nice if they could stop and help with the presentation.
Warstock: I know! SETSUNA-CHAN!! Can we start the next chappie?
Setsuna-chan: (still sobbing) Of... of course.
Red Dux: Not getting much out of her, right? I guess we should have Disclaimer do her job so she can cry some more.
Warstock: DISCLAIMER! WE NEED YOU!
Disclaimer: (in a sobbing voice) Warstock and chibi Setsuna-chan ... sniff... don't own Beyblade nor it's characters. Sniff... They belong to Takao Aoki. Sniff... They do own the characters of the Tsubasa Elite... sniff... and Grim Reapers and the plot of this story. Sniff... Enjoy your reading. Sniff...
 
 
Chapter 11: Where it all began...
 
Dawn came fast and Tsubasa Elite, along with New Destinies Corp's director, Mr. Reynolds, headed toward the meeting place. The Grim Reapers awaited them with their own director, Mr. Lain.
-“You haven't changed, Henri!” sniggered Lain.
-“Same goes for you, Christopher!” replied flatly Reynolds.
Both organisations stood right in front of each other, staring fiercely.
-“You know, we could have made a great team, but you decided to play nice with the competition instead of squashing them like bugs.”
-“Christopher! Being at the top, doesn't mean a thing if you are not pleased about the way you obtain it. I prefer working hard, respecting others and taking my time to make a name for myself than using and throwing away people just to get what I want. That's my way of doing and that's why we can't get along.”
-“I guess our friendship really grew old. Fine! Have it your way. I'll show you my way!” concluded Lain, smirking. “Mr. Hiwatari! Mr. Volkov!”
New Destinies Corp's members' eyes widened in surprise upon hearing the names. Their eyes narrowed upon seeing the two well-known figures of Biovolt. Voltaire looked, as usual, snobishly at Reynolds. His personality hadn't change. Kai's grandfather was back in the picture with more ambition than before and more surrounded. As for Boris, his appearance took a toll: he looked way older. His hair started to become greyish. His face looked more tired but no less evil than he used to be.
-“Well, old friend! Meet my new associates. We have the intention of taking the world as ours. That and also a few interesting things that caught our attention. And for that, some of you as to get out of the picture!” told Lain.
Reynolds knew all too well what his rival meant. There were lots of bladers they were interested in. They surely wanted back the Blitzgriek Boys and Bega League. And for Voltaire, it was without a doubt, he wanted his grandson back at his side. And by what Setsuna said, she also caught their interest. Maybe they also spotted the other members of Tsubasa Elite, who were also formidable bladers.
Meanwhile, the Grim Reapers and Tsubasa Elite had moved away from their director. They all knew they could do so, because other members of their own organisation would jump in to protect them. Tsubasa Elite slightly turned upon hearing about Voltaire and Boris to make sure they heard right. Their eyes narrowed when they saw the two men, then ignored them to face their rivals.
-“Looks like some of you haven't slept well!” stated Aria, gazing at Setsuna and Takato.
None of them replied and Takato noticed the concern look, through his swollen face, Ryo gave Setsuna, who, instead of staring back at the guy, lowered her head. Takato was worried but he knew he could make Ryo say what was needed to come out. So he stayed calmly by her side.
Suddenly, a phone rang, piercing the silence. Ryo noticed that it was his and took it out. Upon seeing the name of the caller, he hung up, not wishing to answer. He did that operation three times. Both Tsubasa Elite and his teammates sweatdroped at his childish antics, until Aria had enough.
-“Answer that damn phone and get it over with, Ryo!”
Ryo sigh and when the phone rang for the fourth time, he answered.
-“Hel...” he pulled away his cell from his ear and everyone heard a female speaker, mad at the young man.
-“HOW DARE YOU HUNG UP ON YOUR OWN MOTHER, YOU UNGRATEFUL CHILD? NOW PUT ME ON SPEAKER SO YOUR BROTHER CAN HEAR ME AS WELL.” yelled the woman, with a high pitched tone.
Both Ryo and Don sigh, knowing full well they'd be on the receiving end if they didn't do as she asks. So the older twin obliged, walking away from the other, his brother in tow.
Tsubasa Elite and the rest of the Grim Reapers turned to look at them. Even though they couldn't hear a thing, they all could tell it wasn't going well for those two: Ryo and Don frantically tried to say something, but were cut off. Without warning, Ryo and Don flinched and Tsubasa Elite and their two female rivals stepped back as they heard a high pitched sound, the raging mother of the twins.
-“AMURYO! SPIRIDON! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT TO ME? I'M YOUR MOTHER AND I DESERVE RESPECT FROM BOTH OF YOU!”
-“MOM!! Don't call us by our full names! It's embarassing!” said desperately the twins.
-“I'M YOUR MOTHER! I'LL CALL YOU BY YOUR FULL NAMES IF I FEEL LIKE IT! YOU DON'T HAVE A WORD TO SAY ABOUT THAT! UNDERSTOOD?”
-“Yes, mom!” said the twins, in resignation.
They talked some more and ended the conversation. Ryo and Don came back, only to have their teammates look at them, eyes wide as saucers.
-“So your real name's Amuryo?” asked Takato, sniggering. “Since we know each other, it's the first time I hear that!”
-“Spiridon! So weird!” added Satoshi.
The males of Tsubasa Elite were laughing hard.
-“Laugh it up, idiots. We didn't exactly chose our names.” replied the older twin with embarassment.
-“I know that! What kind of mother do you have to give you such weird names? Though I got to admit it fits with your stupid faces!” laughed Takato , joined by Satoshi. “Especially with that new face of yours. Did you get a plastic surgery lately?”
Ryo and Don got enraged and launched toward their rivals, who evaded them. The girls stepped away leaving them to their fight. But they soon stop, hearing a command;
-“GRIM REAPERS! ERADICATE THAT BUNCH OF NOBODIES! I'M NOT INTERESTED IN THEM ANYMORE! THEY'RE JUST NUISANCE!” yelled Lain, who moved foward to land a punch to his once friend now enemy, Reynolds.
 
Satoshi and Don agreed to climb up a building and have their fight there.
-“So... SPI-RI-DON? How do we play it?”
-“Don't call me that! Or I'll make your girlfriend suffer later!” replied angrily Don.
-“You touch Reanne and it'll go badly for you!”
Both teens took out their beyblades, getting ready to fight. They launched their blades at each other's face, making them collide in the the process. The beyblades fell on the ground, spinning fast. Satoshi's blade centered itself between the two young men, while Don's circled around it. Once in a while, Don's beyblade would attack Wind Eagle and the latter would dodge it.
-“Stop dodging and attack for once, or maybe you're too scared?” impatiently said Don.
-“You should learn to be patient, my dear Spiridon!” replied Satoshi, making the other really angry.
-“Stop calling me that!” yelled his rival.
Not knowing that anger fuelled his oppenent more than his calm self, Satoshi's eyes widened as Don's attacks were making full impact on his blade.
-`Since I know him, he's never acted like that. Except the day Takato and I managed to sabotage Ryo and Don's science fair project, in retalition for doing it to ours. Ever since we were little, we never got along with these two. When they moved to Australia, it did us good until they showed up again. We're not meant to be friends. And right now, he's getting out of control. I have to find a way to stop him.' thought Satoshi.
-“Wind Eagle! Shove him off!”
-“Chester! Destroy his blade and him in one attack!” told Don, with sheer rage, to his bitbeast.
Don's baby blue beyblade started to lit up and, in a flash of light, a big elephant came out of it.
-“Rock Smash, now!” ordered the enraged teen.
The blue blade started to spin faster until it reach high velocity and grinded the walls of the building they were standing on. Large pieces of the wall were sent flying toward Satoshi's beyblade. One of those pieces landed near Satoshi himself.
-“Hey! Be careful! We could get hurt!” warned Satoshi, only to realise that Don had already lost his mind.
-“Wind Eagle! Use Arrow Wind to shield us!”
Satoshi's bitbeast came out of its blade with a majestic cry. It's large wings opened wide and unleashed a protective wind, circling around its master and its beyblade.
-“ARRRRRGHHHH!!” yelled Don. “I won't let you escape me!”he added with venom, clear in his voice.
His beyblade slammed and reslammed into his oppenent's, leaving no opening. Satoshi looked helplessly as his blade started to loose some of its pieces. That's when he noticed the small, very small gap in Don's fierce attacks: the blue blade took 5 secondes before redoing the same attack pattern.
Slam right, slam left, slam above and faint toward right to hit left again. Don's blue beyblade took a step back before coming again.
Satoshi took a good look: faint toward right to hit left, step back.
-`Now's my chance!” he thought.
-“Wind Eagle, Sky Attack!”
Satoshi's blade lifted in the air and bounced in repetition on Don's until it stopped spinning. He then slammed it toward the defeated teen. Don couldn't believe he had lost to his rival. He look at the other guy with anger and ran away after picking his blade up. No way he'd let Satoshi apprehend him. He simply wouldn't allow that.
Satoshi picked his blade and looked to where Don was standing, only to find an empty space.
-“Looks like little Spiridon went crying to his big brother.” he teased. “Man! I'm beat! I'll take a little breather here before looking for the others.” he said, sitting on top of the building. Watching the rising sun, he couldn't help wishing Reanne was sitting next to him.
 
Reanne led Daphnée near a river, where both could use their bitbeast's potential to the fullest, since both of them wielded water bitbeast. They stared at each other. These girls didn't need talking to know how much hatred was between them. Back then, these two used to be the best of friends, but somewhere, along the way, it got sour.
 
~ Flashback ~
 
-“Hey Reanne! I'm going to the candy shop. Are you coming with me?” pleaded a 10 years old blond with electric blue eyes.
-“Sure! Let's go and let's get a mountain of candies. A mountain as big as the sky!” replied the black haired girl.
 
****
 
-“Daphnée? My parents and I are going camping! Wanna come with us?” asked 12 years old Reanne.
-“I'd love to! But I have to ask my parents first!”
-“Of course! Oh and tell them it's for 3 days. It'll be fun! And you can share a tent with me! We'll tell ghost stories at night!” added Reanne.
-“Cool!”
 
****
 
-“Reanne! Do you hate being with me? You've been distant, lately!” asked a 14 years old Daphnée.
-“I like being with you, Daphnée. But I also like to spend time with my other friends. “ replied Reanne.
-“Your other friends are delinquents!”
-“Just because we like to party and go to karaoke or arcades, doesn't mean we're turning bad. It's just different than what I do with you! With you, it's all about reading, shopping and girl talk. But that's not the only things I like to do!” told the black head.
-“So you think I'm boring! You've really change. You're not the Reanne I use to know.” said the blond girl. “I really don't like what you've become!” she added.
 
~ End of Flashback ~
 
From that moment, their 6 years friendship turned from bad to ugly. It was the end! Nothing could be said that would rekindle what was lost. They were too different now.
Without a word, the girls loaded their launcher and locked their beyblade on it. They positionned themselves into a launching stance. As a fish flickered on the river's surface, they sent their blades flying. They didn't take too much time before attacking the other's blade, hoping to end it quickly. Blades clashed into each other, repelling and smashing repeatedly.
Daphnée saw a small opening into Reanne's attack: her turquoise blade always circled before making its combos. The blong girl took the opportunity to unleash her bitbeast.
-“Marina! Tidal Waves!” she cried out.
Daphnée's dolphin emerged and used the water to wash it's opponent away. Taken off guard by the sudden attack, Reanne covered her head before a huge wave hit her. Reanne was sent into the river and got stuck in its depths.
Tsubasa Elite's member was paralysed and struggled to resurface, to no avail. Her turquoise beyblade, having evade at her mistress' command before the impact of the tidal wave, was spinning in high velocity. Catalania, Reanne's bitbeast, sensed her mistress in danger. The center of the blade started to lit up and in a flash, Catalania came out. A majestic swan appeared and performed a new special attack: the water in the river lifted up into a water spout and charged toward Marina.
Flabbergastered by a move she never saw from Reanne's bitbeast, Daphnée stood where she was and when the water spout came down, both her and her blade got washed away. She landed hardly on the ground, meters away from where she previously stood. Her beyblade was no longer in motion.
Catalania speeded to where Reanne sat, at the bottom of the now empty river. Reanne coughed water out of her lungs. Catalania looked at her with concerned eyes. Her mistress smiled kindly at her.
-“Thank you, Catalania! Without you, I was a goner.”
Catalania opened its wings in a happy motion and slidded its neck on Reanne's shoulder.
-“I should get out of the river. The water's starting to flow down again.” told Reanne to her bitbeast.
The swan understood and reintegrated its beyblade. Reanne pick it up and climbed out of the river. Once out, the black haired girl noticed that Daphnée was gone.
-“Not catching her today, huh?” she said too herself, walking away to find the other members of her team.
 
Takato and Ryo moved to a higher place, where no one could reach them. Finally alone, no one to stop them. They stared at each other down. Ever since little, they both hated the other. From the moment their eyes connected, they couldn't stand one another. It got worse when they both learn that the other had the same feelings for a certain green haired girl: Setsuna. Their battles always leveled up everytime they met. For that girl, they settle to battling to see who'd win her.
Takato finally spoke up the things that were on his mind.
-“Ryo! I want to know what you did to Setsuna!”
-“I have no idea what you're talking about!” fainted Ryo.
-“Yes, you do! Right after you abducted her! I can tell!” said Takato venomously.
-“I gave her food! That's what I did!” replied flatly his rival.
-“I know there's more, so spill it!”
-“Fine! Let's just say her lips and skin taste good!” smirked Ryo.
 
 
Warstock: ... (still in shock)
Setsuna-chan: ... (looking shock and embarassed)
Disclaimer: He what? Setsuna-chan?
Setsuna-chan: ... um... yeah... well...
Red Dux: Disclaimer, I think we should get out of here. It's going to get ugly, once Warstock (alias Takato) gets out of his shocked state.
Disclaimer: I think so too. Maybe we should take Setsuna-chan on the way to somewhere.
Red Dux: I agree.
Warstock: ... He's... he's...