Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Gender Bender ❯ Introductions ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

RM- Hey everyone! Welcome to Gender Bender!
 
I'm glad you all could make it. I won't keep you waiting much longer, just one side note. Profiles for all the Girls are posted on my profile, pictures and all. Have a look it if my descriptions aren't enough for you to picture them.
 
On with the show!
 
START
 
Pressing his face tightly against a thick glass window Tyson peered down at the ocean below him. “Dudes! This is so cool! Look at the seals!”
 
“Common Tyson, We have to get to the opening ceremony before the crowds are let on the ship.” Ray groaned as he snagged the back of Tyson's collar and dragged him off towards Kai who stood tapping his foot impatiently.
 
“But the seals! They're so cool!” Tyson shouted in protest as he held his hand out towards the slowly shrinking window.
 
^2 months ago^
 
“I'm glad you could make it boys!” A large white haired man said from behind a desk in a large office. His round and smiling face welcomed the three men that had slowly wandered into his office.
 
“Hey Mr. D what's up?” Tyson, a blue haired teen asked as he plopped down in one of the three chairs set before the desk.
 
“I have a request from a new tournament for you three to participate.” Mr. Dickenson said as a cheerful smile played across his lips.
 
“What kind of a tournament is it and when?” Ray Kon asked as he perched on the seat in the middle. Kai soon followed taking up the chair to the left of Mr. Dickenson.
 
“It's on a cruise ship set to leave from Seattle, Washington in two months time. It's a new form of Competition though. One of you will have a practice for the new style.” Mr. Dickenson lifted a manila folder and flipped the first page open. He turned the folder around and placed it on the far edge of the desk for the teens to look at.
 
“What kind a new style? What can a tournament be for except for battling?” Tyson asked as he leaned forwards to peer at the pictures in the folder.
 
“For performing, of course.” Mr. Dickenson answered with a small laugh. “You've seen the new commercials for the BBA, correct?”
 
“Yeah, what do those have to do with this tournament though?” Tyson questioned as he shot Mr. Dickenson a quizzical look.
 
“Clair Saintula is the woman in those commercials. She was the original idea for this new style of beyblading. The object is to wow the audience in a two minute show of a Bitbeast's powers. There is no battle, just a competition of beauty and power.” Mr. Dickenson reached over and turned the page in the folder to another set of pictures. A beautiful blonde haired woman stood in a pool of water. A white dress with split up the front adorned her body. Ruffles of white fabric trailed down from the split and vanished into the pool of water. The woman's eyes were closed and her head was tipped slightly to the side. A large circular blue gem hung from a necklace with a silver arrow shaped triangle framing it along her collar bone. The woman held the skirt of the dress in her left hand while her right possessed nothing but hair as it hovered at her waist. White streams of fog swirled around her and seemed to pool into a disk the floated mid air before her body. “One of you will have to learn to wow an audience for this part of the tournament. The other two will participate in normal battles with the other members of the teams.”
 
Kai for the first time since he entered the room glanced at the photos. His eyes examined the woman carefully. Slowly his eyes trailed up to look at the chubby man behind the desk. “I'll do it.”
 
Ray and Tyson stared at Kai for a long time, wondering what had possessed him. After a moment they nodded in agreement.
 
^Present^
 
“Clair, say something in the mic real quick.” A voice echoed over the large stadium that sat smack dab in the center of the cruise ship. A tall blonde woman nodded from her spot in the center of the arena and adjusted the small bud in front of he lips. She was dressed in a simple white sundress with spaghetti straps. Her bright red pumps accented her long legs while two red ribbons pulling her hair back accentuated her long flowing hair.
 
“How's this John?” Her voice echoed through half the arena.
 
“Not good. Stay there for a second.” There was a shuffle in the speakers then a loud screech. Clair winced and covered her ears until the screeching stopped. “Try it now.” The man's voice echoed.
 
“Is it good now?” she asked the man in the booth that hung from the corner of the room.
 
“Good. Move to the bunkers and try it again.” Clair nodded and headed for one of the team bunkers that sat along the edge of the arena.
 
Coming to a stop at the top of the stands Ray glanced over the large stadium with eager eyes. Three groups of people sat towards the edge of the arena. Two of them were a group of three and the other a pair of two. All of them appeared to be women, though it was hard to tell from the distance he stood at.
 
“They must be the other teams.” He concluded verbally. Kai passed him and headed down the steps towards the bottom of the arena. Tyson grumbled, his back still turned to the stadium.
 
“You want to let me go now?” Tyson asked as he pulled against Ray's grasp on his collar. Ray released the teen and slowly followed Kai, his eyes still running over the massive stadium.
 
Tyson turned with a grumbled and quickly ran to catch up with Ray. He didn't bother to look around the stadium.
 
“Hey John, could you fix the ring in my head phone. I don't want to go deaf before the opening ceremony.” Clair's voice echoed over the seats and up to the new comer's ears. All three pairs of eyes turned to the woman who stood in one of the two bunkers in the arena.
 
“Sure,” There was a paused then a small click. “That better?”
 
“Yeah, thanks.” Clair slowly stepped out from the bunker and headed for the other.
 
“Hey Clair,” A female voice shouted from the edge of the arena. “How much longer is this gonna take?” A small brown haired woman yelled as she hung herself over the railing to the arena. Her partner hung her head in exhaustion.
 
“Would you quit complaining? You can frost your damn dumplings when we get back to the room!” The other woman yelled, her black shoulder length hair flying over her shoulders as she snapped up and grabbed the smaller girl.
 
“But the ceremony is gonna take forever! They always do!” The smaller girl shouted as she struggled against the other woman's grip.
 
“Deal with it! I can't believe that we are even the same age! You are so annoying!” The taller woman forced the brown haired girl into her seat.
 
Ray watched the two curiously as he wandered down the stairs. Kai had already found a seat near the front and had taken it in silence. He could hear Tyson careening down the steps behind him so he stepped to the side and let the bumbling teen travel down the steps unhindered.
 
“John, how's that sound?” Clair's voice rang through the stadium again.
 
“Good. I'm going to play a bit of your piece for the ceremony. Tell me if it's too loud for your performance.”
 
“Sure. Remember it is track five, not one like it was.” Clair emerged from the second bunker and headed back to the center of the arena.
 
“Gotcha,” Music erupted from the speakers. A deep beat rolled through the stadium making everyone jump at the sudden noise. All eyes went to the blonde who quickly stuck her hand up in a fist with her thumb pointing down. The volume quickly dropped as the words came into play. It was only a chant that didn't make much sense but Clair dropped her fist and began to tap her hand in sync with the words. After a moment she drew her hand across her throat and the music stopped.
 
“Sounds good, but could you pick the tempo up by five beats per. Minute? I don't want to have to hold my breath any longer than thirty seconds.”
 
“Sure thing, you can take a break until the beginning of the ceremony. Make sure you welcome the teams, they need to get into position before the audience is let in.” Clair nodded and turned to the two girls who were now quietly sitting next to each other.
 
“Melody, would you go find the teams that aren't here and show them to their places? Beth will help me show these teams to their places.” The black haired woman sighed and stood. Dropping her hands to her sides she wandered to a set of stairs and began the long walk to the top. The brown haired girl popped up from her seat and headed for the only gap in the railing that led to the arena floor. “Please, the rest of you follow Beth's path to the arena floor.”
 
Slowly the groups of people converged on the arena floor. They stood in clumps of their respected teams. Clair stood next to Beth before the groups. Each group stood almost completely apart from the next. Clair pulled the microphone away from her lips and smiled at each team.
 
“Hello, I'm Clair Saintula. Welcome to the Oceans Tournament. As I'm sure you all know there are a total of six teams participating, right now we only have four present.” Clair made a gesture to each group then to herself and Beth.
 
“Introductions while we wait for them?” Beth asked as she turned to face Clair with a smile.
 
“I suppose that could do.” Clair nodded and turned to the first team. “The Heart Breakers, correct? Why don't you go first?” The group of girls shifted almost uneasy. After a moment one girl stepped forward. Her albino white hair swayed from side to side as she moved and her light blue eyes searched the faces of the people that looked at her. She looked like she had just come out of a boarding school. Her white pleated skirt and jacket gave off a stuffy impression. The crosses that adorned the top of her leggings and the center of her tie told everyone that she was highly religious. The only thing that might have pulled anyone away from their first impressions was the shimmering orange feather that hung from a choker that adorned her neck.
 
“Hi everyone, I'm Selena Ietov. I'm originally from Brittan and I've participated in most of the recent European tournaments.” She quickly stepped back to the other two members for her group with a small blush present on her cheeks.
 
The next to step forward was a smaller girl with brilliant blue hair that was tacked up into two high pig tails. Her aquamarine eyes stared straight at Clair as if she was only talking to her. “I'm Malu Shoin. I'm the performer of our group.” She tugged at the sleeves of her shortened blue jacket nervously and shifted in stance causing the short white skirt she wore to flutter around her legs. “Uh, I'm 16 and hail from Europe as well.” She turned then and headed back to her group.
 
A slightly taller blonde took the last step up. Her dark orange eyes traced every one in the room. A tight white halter top adorned her frame and a black flowing skirt hung from her hips. White skin tight gloved ran from nearly her shoulder down to her wrists where they ruffled out over her hands. “Aaoa Tato. Captain,” She stepped back to her team and closed her eyes to relax.
 
“Alright then, Aaoa, Malu and Selena. Next we have The Forgivers, correct?” Clair turned her attention to the next group of girls who stood casually along side each other. They seemed to be much more relaxed then the other team.
 
“You sure are.” The first girl stepped up and waved to everyone. Her southern accent tainted her words as she spoke. Her bright violet eyes danced excitedly as she spun around to look at everyone. “Hi ya'll. I'm Captain of our team, Amy Charleston.” She smiled as her eyes passed over each person. Her orange riding boots clacked against the floor as she tapped to a stop and grinned at Clair. Her white blouse wrapped around her body then settled at her sides with a soft swing. The caramel pig tails that hung low from either side of her head swung lightly at her back.
 
“This over here is Eva Jones and our Performer.” Amy pulled her hand back to gesture at the girl who stood with her hands lightly folded at her hips. A black Tie hung from under the collar of a sleeveless white blouse and black arm covers ran from her biceps down to her knuckles. Eva bowed her head as she was motioned to and pulled the knee length black skirt out to the sides a bit almost as if she was curtseying.
 
“And that pretty lady is Litana Mu.” Amy's hand shifted to the other girl who stood twiddling her thumbs quietly. She made no move at the mention of her name, but kept her lavender eyes glued to the ground. Her layered chin length hair frothed about her face as she slowly lifted her head to glance at Amy. Amy waltzed back to Litana and draped her arm over the Russian's shoulders. Patting the grey furred hunting hat Litana wore she laughed and snapped the pair of goggles keeping the ear flaps up. “She's a bit shy, but don't take her for granted.” Litana blushed and sent her eyes back to the ground.
 
“So, there we have the Heart Breakers and the Forgivers. As I'm sure that you all know, the guys standing all by them selves are the Blade Breakers, Kai Hiwatari, Ray Kon and Tyson Granger. Seeing as how this is a three person tournament Max was not allowed to participate, though I've heard a rumor from the guest list that he will be here.”
 
“Hey, Clair! I found these losers running around down stairs!” Clair turned to the source of the shouting and found Melody bobbing down the stairs with six boys in tow. “Do you think we should let them be in the opening ceremony? I mean, they are late.” Melody yelled as she trotted down the steps to the gap in the railing.
 
“Lost and late are two different things, Melody.” Clair laughed lightly and smiled to the boys though it looked like she was still looking at Melody. “Welcome Demolition Boys and the Majestics. Please hurry, we must get to our spots before the crowds come.”
 
“Wow, I haven't seen you guys in forever!” Tyson cried out as he started to run towards the two male teams that were descending to the arena floor. Kai quickly snagged the back of Tyson's collar and yanked the smaller teen back to his spot. “Ow! What was that for Kai?” Tyson complained as he rubbed his throat.
 
“Now's not the time Tyson.” Ray answered for their team captain.
 
Clair glanced over to the three teens with a quirked eyebrow then smiled and turned back to watching the other seven come their way. “Could I please have the performers for each team come with me backstage? The rest of you will need to follow Beth and Melody under the arena.”
 
As soon as the rest of the teams arrived on the arena floor everyone was split into their respective groups. Clair led a total of six people to an opening in the ten foot wall that led to the “Backstage Area” while Beth and Melody dragged the others to a trap door on the other side of the arena.
 
“So, we have here Kai Hiwatari, Spencer… Pe… Pe… Russian something, Oliver, Malu Shoin, Eva Jones and myself, Correct?” Clair glanced over her shoulder as she walked. There was a mumble of yeses. Clair sighed and headed for a set of stairs that went down a few feet. A quite rumble of voices slowly entered the hearing rage of the teens. “We're on in ten minutes, hopefully. This is how it is going to go…”
 
END
 
RM- Please R&R! I want to know if I'm doing okay so far. This is my first real tournament story besides The Island Tournament. Please give me suggestions if you have any. I want to make this story as good as possible.