Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Hallowed ❯ Part 04 ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Authoress' Notes: Moving right along… here comes the suspense I promised all of you! Enjoy!

 

Disclaimer: Don't own! Don't sue! Also don't own Resident Evil or Resident Evil: Apocalypse, or Shrek 2 in any way, shape or form.

 

Warnings: Yaoi, language, fluffiness, etc. FF.Net readers: if you're looking for the NC-17 version of this fic, go to either my homepage (see my bio), Only TyKa Hotness, or Mediaminer.org (FireKali).

 

Pairing: TyKa! Hints of ReMa and Kenny/Hilary, too.

 

~ Hallowed ~

 

Part 04

 

Kai strode over to his teammate, who was sitting on a sofa in the lobby of the hotel they were attempting to get a room at.

"Got it." He said, dangling a key. "It's their last room, and…"

"Finally! This is, like, the sixth hotel we've tried." Tyson yawned and stood, grabbing his bag. "I just want to eat something, maybe watch a little television, and go to sleep."

Kai sighed. "Would you let me finish? I was trying to tell you they only had one room and that it only has one bed. It's a double bed, but if you don't mind sharing…" He informed Tyson as he led him over to the elevators.

Behind him, Tyson's eyes went wide and he blushed hotly. "Uh…no. That's okay. As long as you don't mind…" He replied, fighting off an urge to squeak and hide somewhere.

Kai felt his face heat up at the suspiciously husky tone in Tyson's voice. They stepped into the elevator and Kai pushed the button for their floor. "As long as you try really hard not to snore, Kinomiya."

"Hey! I don't snore!"

"Oh yes, Tyson, you do."

Grumbling indignantly under his breath, Tyson followed Kai off the elevator to their room.

After dropping their stuff off, phoning the others to let them know they were staying after all, and a short argument about where and what they were going to eat, they left the hotel again and walked to the Pizza Hut two blocks away.

When they got back to the room, Kai went into the bathroom to shower and Tyson changed into his pyjamas while he was in there. Waiting for his turn to use the bathroom, the bluenette flicked on the TV and got totally engrossed in an all-night horror movie marathon. He stretched out on his stomach, clutching a pillow tightly with his eyes glued to the television screen.

Which was how Kai found him when he came out of the muggy, steamy bathroom in his boxers and a black tank top with damp hair and sans face paint. He had to take a deep breath and shove back the need to run his fingers through the now loose strands of Tyson's silken, blue-black hair. The brat, Kai silently admitted to himself, really does look kind of cute like that…Gods! Since when did I call anything `cute'?! What have you done to me, Tyson? He rubbed at his chest, as if he could massage away the ache there and didn't notice that he was staring at Tyson without restraint, a soft, fond look crossing his face.

When he realized he'd stood there staring for at least five minutes, Kai hook himself out of his daze and strode over to the bed.

Tyson looked up and quickly looked away again when he saw Kai in his boxers and tank-top. Oh my Gods…he is way too hot to be natural. How am I supposed to sleep tonight with that fabulous, fantastic…sexy, muscular… He slammed a mental lid over the thoughts that came creeping up on him.

"Bathroom's free." Kai said, getting into his side of the bed and propping himself up with his pillow.

"I'll go on the next commercial break." Tyson replied, not taking his eyes off the screen.

Kai watched for about two minutes before he asked, "What exactly are you watching?"

"Resident Evil." Tyson said, rolling off the bed as the commercials started up. "It's based on a video game series. It's really good. Freaky and gory, but good." He went into the bathroom and quickly used the facilities and brushed his teeth before returning in time for the movie to start up again.

"Should you really be watching it before you go to sleep, then? And after you ate that pizza?" Kai gave him a look. "You'll have nightmares, you know."

"Nah. I'll be fine!" Tyson waved that off, feeling quite confident in himself on that subject. "You're nearly as bad as Gramps, Kai."

"Oh really? Well, I'm only pointing it out because if you wake me up in the middle of the night all freaked out I'll probably smother you with your pillow." Kai warned. "I really hate being woken up after I've gone to sleep."

"Duly noted. Now, shhh!"

The phoenix rolled his eyes and sat back, consigning himself to his fate of watching the rest of the movie with Tyson since he wouldn't be able to go to sleep with the TV on anyway.

The movie ended and Tyson shut off the TV, yawning and stretching his arms out above his head. It made his sleep-shirt ride up, exposing his stomach and Kai unconsciously licked his lips, though in his mind all he could think was I didn't know Tyson was that muscular. He waited until Tyson had crawled under the covers with him and settled on his side facing away from Kai before turning off the light and trying to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai sat up abruptly with a harsh gasp, his crimson eyes wide and unseeing in the moonlit darkness. Tyson, awakened by the sudden movement and unconsciously sensing something wrong with Kai, rolled over and blinked sleepily at him.

"What's wrong, Kai? Kai?" He frowned and reached out to place a hand on Kai's shoulder, shaking him lightly. "Hey…snap out of it, dude."

"Huh?" Kai sucked in a deep breath and let it out slowly, blinking in confusion for a moment. "Shit." Realizing he'd been dreaming, as he usually did, of his days at the Abbey, he rubbed at his face in embarrassment and self-annoyance.

"Nightmare?" Tyson slid out of bed and disappeared into the bathroom for a moment. When he came back he had a glass of water, which he pressed into Kai's hands. "Here. Sip slowly and take your time getting yourself back together. And don't tell me you're fine, `cause I can see quite clearly you're not."

Kai's face darkened in embarrassment and shame as he stared into the glass he clutched so tightly his knuckles went white. "I'm sorry."

"What for? Geez, Kai…everyone has bad dreams sometimes. Nothing to be ashamed of. It's just the mind's way of coping with things sometimes. And Heaven knows you've had a lot of crap to deal with in your life." Tyson rubbed his shoulder soothingly, a little surprised that Kai hadn't pushed him away yet, but not daring to mention it. He must be more shook up than I thought.

"Maybe…" Kai said in such a low voice that Tyson had to strain to hear it. "I don't know what triggered it this time. I guess it doesn't matter."

"You can tell me about it." The dragon offered kindly. "It might make you feel better…"

"It was the Abbey." Kai replied slowly, staring straight ahead at the wall. "Do I have to say more?"

"No. You don't. Here…" Tyson plucked the glass from Kai's hands and set it on the table next to his side of the bed. "Lie back down and relax, Kai. Try to go back to sleep."

Kai did so obediently, grateful that for once the bluenette knew enough not to push him for explanations. Besides, he was already embarrassed enough as it was and the whole thing was terribly ironic, since he'd been warning Tyson against having nightmares. He closed his eyes as Tyson settled down on his side. Then he opened them again when he felt Tyson's fingers run through his hair.

"Bother you?" The bluenette asked in a quiet, husky voice.

"I guess not. Just…not used to…affectionate gestures." Kai sighed and closed his eyes again. He just didn't have the energy to protest Tyson's actions just to protect his pride right then and he actually was kind of enjoying the attention.

He didn't see the dragon's soft smile. "I know. Go ahead and sleep, Kai. You're safe with me."

"Hmm…" Kai made a noise in response but didn't answer further. He'd already fallen asleep.

Tyson inched closer, careful not to wake the troubled teen up again, and lightly pressed his lips to Kai's. When he didn't stir, Tyson did it again and let his forehead rest against Kai's, closing his eyes.

"Sweet dreams, my phoenix." He whispered drowsily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyson woke up the next morning and found Kai had already gotten up and gone off somewhere. Shrugging, he stumbled into the bathroom to have a shower.

He was dressed and sitting on the bed, pulling on his socks, when his wandering captain returned.

"Good. You're up." Kai shut the door and kicked off his shoes, walking over to the bed and sitting down. "You eat yet?"

"No. Did you?"

"No. I just went to get a newspaper." Kai waved it in front of himself. "Why don't you call up some room service, Tyson? We can't do anything on empty stomachs."

"Sure!" Tyson rolled to his knees and crawled up the bed to get to the phone on the bedside table.

Kai opened his newspaper and began reading while Tyson proceeded to order brunch since it was nearly noon anyway.

Tyson hung up the phone. It would be fifteen to twenty minutes before their meal got to their room. Curious about Kai's reading material, he crawled back to the older blader and looked over Kai's shoulder.

"What's so interesting in the newspaper?" He inquired.

Kai swallowed and suppressed a shiver. He could feel the younger blader's body heat against his back, though they weren't physically touching, and Tyson smelled really, really good fresh out of the shower. Combined with the all to recent memory of how he'd woken up that morning - tangled in the sheets with the oblivious bluenette, spooned by Tyson's body at his back - Kai had to fight off a bright blush and his hormones.

"The news. Don't you read the newspaper, Kinomiya?" He managed in a neutral sort of tone.

"Not usually. I just watch it on TV if I want. I do read the comics though!" Tyson replied cheerfully, oblivious to the effect he was having on Kai. "Are there comics in this paper?"

Kai looked at the index and tugged out the section with the comic strips, handing it to the bluenette over his shoulder. "Here. Now leave me alone, would you? I'm trying to read."

"Thanks!" Tyson took them and sat back against the headboard to read his favourite part of any newspaper.

Kai breathed a silent sigh of relief and went back to his own reading.

The food soon arrived and the two bladers dug in hungrily. When they'd finished, Tyson at back in his chair and smiled in satisfaction.

"That hit the spot! So? What shall we do today until the trials tonight?"

Kai shrugged. "I don't know. We could drive around and look at the sights, I suppose. Maybe check out that graveyard that woman in the shop told us about."

"Sounds like a plan to me!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ooh! Look Kai! The guidebook says this one is the grave of a woman who used her evil magic to…"

Kai sighed and hid a yawn behind his hand as he waltzed along behind Tyson. They were walking through one of the oldest cemeteries in Salem, looking at the graves and crypts that were described in a guidebook the bluenette had gotten at an information centre they had come across when driving around. Kai tuned out the litany as Tyson read aloud from the book in his hands. He was still trying to sort everything out in his head - the night before, the conversation in the car…it had him all confused. He couldn't fathom why he was still here, following the dragon around despite his boredom.

And why do I keep agreeing to do what he wants? Why haven't I told him `no' and gone back to Boston yet? He asked himself, moving along with Tyson as he went on to the next crypt and giving a short "Hn." when he got a look that wondered if Kai was paying attention or not. Kai could feel a swath of heat pass over his cheeks as he remembered how Tyson had run his fingers through Kai's hair the night before. I should have been shoving him away and making him sleep on the sofa but instead I just lay there and let him. It didn't feel wrong…I…I liked it. I wanted more.

He leaned a hip against a gravestone and watched Tyson walk over to inspect a plaque on the door of a huge limestone crypt, having to crouch down to get a better look at it before consulting his guide.

Oh, who am I kidding? I want him, at the very least. Kai shifted his stance uncomfortably, the ache in the lower half of his body spreading slowly. Damn you, Kinomiya, for being so beautiful! Outside…and inside…

Tyson stood and dusted off his pant legs. He knew Kai was supremely bored out of his tree, but he hadn't complained yet - not once. Wisely, the dragon chose not to question it and just go on like normal.

"Well, that was the last one from this cemetery. Should we go find another one or do you want to do something else?" He asked, flipping through his book. When he got no answer, he looked up. "Kai?"

"Huh? Oh. I don't care. How about a movie or something? I'm tired of walking around all over the place." Kai suggested, looking away in an attempt to hide his blush and still seem casual when doing so.

Tyson blinked in surprise, having noted the redness of Kai's face as well as the way he'd seemed to be staring at Tyson behind his sunglasses, and wondered at it. "Okay!" He readily agreed. "I'm sure we can find something good playing. Let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since the movie theatre turned out to be only a couple of blocks away from their hotel, they drove back to the hotel and left the car there, deciding to walk the short distance.

When they reached the large, modern building, they stood outside looking over the listings to see what was being offered, what times, and which show they could agree on to see.

"Shrek 2 is supposed to be really funny. The first one was." Tyson said.

"I'm more in the mood for action, really." Kai shook his head.

"Uh…how about Resident Evil: Apocalypse, then?" Tyson pointed at the listing. "We're in luck! There's even a matinee today for it."

"Is that, like, the sequel to that movie we watched on TV last night? With the zombies?"

"Yep!"

"That'll do, then."

"Did you even like the one last night?"

Kai shrugged. "As far as horror movies go, it was alright, I guess."

Tyson gave him a look. "Remind me when we get home to show you the games on my PS2. Then maybe you'll have a better appreciation for the movies."

"Whatever."

They turned as one to go inside but stopped in their tracks. The two bladers found themselves blocked by a wall of black-robed, hooded people, the hoods shadowing faces so that neither Kai nor Tyson could see who they were.

"Um…who're these guys?" The younger teen wondered aloud, eyeing the group warily. "And what's with the outfits?"

"I don't know. Let's just go back to the hotel, Tyson." Kai placed a cautioning hand on Tyson's shoulder and they turned to go back the way they'd come, but found their way blocked by more creepy figures. "Or not."

"I think we could be in trouble, Kai. What do we do?" Without realizing it, they ended up standing back to back, each of them facing a group of the strange people.

"If we get past them, we can make a run for it."

"Okay…but…"

One of the figures stepped forward, lifting a finger to point at them. In an eerie, dark voice that sent chills down both their spines, the figure spoke.

"There they are! The evil-doers! They have used their wicked powers on the children of Salem! Take them!"

"Wait a minute!" Tyson exclaimed hastily, eyes going wide in shock at the accusation and beginning to get a little scared.

"I don't know what's going on, but we didn't do anything. Don't force us into a corner, people. I guarantee you won't like it." Kai gave the group that warning but was summarily ignored. Frowning, he glanced over his shoulder at Tyson. "We have a problem, Kinomiya."

"Duh. What do we…ack!" He was cut off as the group he was facing leapt forward and tackled him to the ground.

"Tyson!" Kai whirled, intending to help the dragon but it was a mistake because he had to turn his back on the rest of the group. They got to him before he could get to his fallen teammate, who he noticed was already out for the count.

Then someone slapped a damp cloth over his mouth and nose that smelled heavily of almonds, a sickeningly thick scent that he was forced to breathe in. He tried to struggle, but found his limbs were just so heavy and immobile…

And then the world went blank.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyson dreamed.

In his dream, he could see a group of darkly-clothed figures without faces, chasing him through the streets of an unfamiliar town that looked like a scene from a movie set in colonial times. At his side, also running away from the figures, was Kai. They kept trying to run away, but everywhere they went they would run into more spooky people.

And then the people became zombies, mindless creatures that just wouldn't stop coming after them no matter how hard Tyson and Kai fought them off. At one point, Tyson watched in horror as Kai was dragged down to the ground and the zombies began to feed…

"Ah! NO! KAI!" Tyson sat up abruptly with a shout, breathing hard and heart pounding, his pulse beating erratically in his ears like a drum.

"Tyson! Hey…" Kai's voice penetrated the weird fog in his mind and he looked in the direction the sound had come from, trying to focus on it. "Kinomiya, I'm right here. Are you okay?"

"Huh? Kai…what happened?" Tyson blinked and groaned, suddenly feeling like he was going to be rather sick. His head hurt like hell, too. "Oh Gods…I feel awful."

"I know. I did, too, when I came to." Kai gave him a sympathetic look and came over to sit next to him on the floor of…wherever it was they were. "Put your head between your knees and take slow, shallow breaths through your mouth. It'll pass." He instructed, laying a hand on Tyson's shoulder and rubbing in an attempt to soothe.

"Why do I feel like losing my lunch? And what happened, Kai? Where are we?" Tyson asked, doing as he was told and closing his eyes as he fought off the nausea.

"It's the chloroform making you ill. They used it on those cloths and made us breathe it in to knock us unconscious." Kai responded matter-of-factly. "But I'm sorry to say I still haven't figured out what's going on or exactly where we are. All I can see is that we're in a storage room that appears to be in a basement somewhere. The door's made of thick steel and locked, there's only one window - barred - that we wouldn't fit through anyway."

"Great." Tyson raised his head slowly, beginning to feel better but still a little shaky. Then he thought of something else and began patting his pockets frantically. "Wait! Dragoon!?"

"Here." Kai pulled Tyson's blade and launcher from his jacket pocket and laid them in his hands. "They left our stuff on that crate over there. Either they don't think out blades are a threat and can be used as weapons…or they're just stupid. Or both." Kai's smile was a little scary, but Tyson found that for once, he didn't really mind.

"Well, that's a relief." The bluenette heaved a sigh and clutched his blade firmly in his fist. "I'd be totally lost without Dragoon, I think."

Kai reclined against the wall, folding his hands behind his head. "I know I would be without Dranzer." He agreed. "But we need to think of a way out of here. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not be around to find out what they plan on doing with us."

"Ditto. But what can we do? The window's not an option, you said, and the door is too much for us to break down with our blades, right?"

"Yeah. Well…" Kai got a thoughtful look on his face. "I think it would be too much on my own but maybe, if we used Dranzer and Dragoon together…"

"It could work." Tyson looked at him eagerly. "Let's try it, at least!"

They got up and set their blades to their launchers with dual `clicks' of sound. They could barely see the outline of the door in the darkness of the crowded basement room, but it was enough to know where to aim.

"Let it rip!" They chorused, launching directly at the door.

"Dranzer! Blazing Gig Tempest!"

"Dragoon! Galaxy Storm!"

There was a thunderous clan as their blades collided with the steel door and their bit-beasts came out and went to work. Ducking and covering their heads, they waited as the door suddenly fell with a crash and dust and smoke filled the air.

Coughing, Tyson stood up and looked at the open doorway. "Alright! Look, Kai! It worked!" In his excitement, he glomped onto his captain and hugged him hard, planting a sort of sloppy kiss on Kai's mouth before he realized what he was doing.

Kai's eyes went very, very wide and he went very, very red, blushing from the roots of his hair right down his neck and under his scarf and clothes. "T…Tyson…" He stammered, then looked away hastily (but not before Tyson saw what appeared to be a flash of pleasure and longing in his crimson eyes) and went to pick up their blades, tossing Dragoon to the bluenette. Clearing his throat, he said gruffly, "Let's get out of here before someone comes to investigate."

"Yeah. Right!" Tyson was blushing madly, too, silently kicking himself for being a complete moron for kissing Kai. He hurried after the phoenix, and soon discovered the door led to the outside world up a set of concrete stairs.

They found themselves out in an alley between two buildings. Kai looked one way, then the other and frowned.

"Which way?"

"I don't know. We don't even know where we are or how long we've been in there." Tyson pointed at the blown-out door over his shoulder. "Let's follow this alley farther in. We'd be more likely to be spotted if we go out front, right."

"Probably." Kai set his blade to his launcher once more, in preparation. "Just in case." He said at Tyson's raised eyebrow. Tyson didn't really have anything to say to that so he simply followed Kai at a slow jog.

They reached the end of the alley and peered around the corners. The street was virtually empty, and Kai vaguely recognized the street itself. There were only a few cars parked near a restaurant and on occasion one would drive past.

"Well, the good news is we're still in Salem." Kai said in a low voice. "The bad news is we're clear across town from the hotel, and I left my cell phone there. We'll have to walk and be sneaky about it."

Tyson nodded and together they left the alley, walking along the sidewalk and trying to look inconspicuous.

After a few moments of silence, Kai couldn't stand it anymore and shoved his hands in his pockets with a scowl that was directed at himself when he blushed again. Continuing to walk, he asked, "What was that? Back there…"

His teammate started and turned a little pink, not looking at him. "I…it just sort of happened. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm sorry, Kai! I promise it won't happen again! I…do you hate me?" Tyson asked in a small voice, slowing to a stop and kicking at a pebble while staring at the ground.

Kai stared at him in surprise. Hate him? When he gave me something I've wanted from him for a long time now? Of course he doesn't know that, but still… "No. I don't hate you." Kai assured him, leaning against a lamppost and folding his arms over his chest. Tyson's head snapped up and he grinned a huge ridiculously relieved smile. "Like I said, Kinomiya, I'm just not used to displays of affection. Especially if they're directed at me."

"Well, I'm still sorry…"

"Forget it."

"Hey! There they are!" A shout rang out and the two bladers straightened, taking one quick look in the direction they'd come before turning and running. "Hey! Wait!"

"Damn it! We have to lose them somehow!" Tyson panted, running alongside his captain.

"Maybe in there." Kai pointed ahead of them and to their left. "I recognize that cemetery."

"We were here earlier today." Tyson nodded. "It's the one with all the crypts - perfect place to hide and ditch the freaks."

"Hurry!"

They crossed the street and climbed over the huge iron gates that were locked and chained shut. Once inside, with the angry shouts and exclamations of their pursuers following them, they ran deep inside the cemetery and weaved in and out of the paths among the stone crypts.

Kai stopped and crouched down beside a headstone, motioning for Tyson to do the same. "Listen." He whispered.

The two teens could hear the echoing clang of the iron gates as they were opened by their pursuers. "We have to hide, Kai." Tyson whispered urgently, tugging on the phoenix's jacket sleeve.

"I know. Come on. They're coming this way." Kai grabbed Tyson's hand and pulled him along, until he found a small clump of bushes. Ducking down behind them, they waited in silence, being very careful not to move and alert their pursuers to their location as a group of them walked by with flash lights, searching the area for the escaped teens.

When they'd passed, Tyson stood and dusted himself off. "We'd better go. Maybe we can sneak out the front while they're searching for us in here."

"Let's take a different exit." Kai shook his head. "No doubt they've left guards at the front gates."

"Oh. Should have thought of that myself." Tyson gave him a sheepish look. "Okay."

They jogged stealthily along through the underbrush and bushes. As they neared the far end of the cemetery, Tyson tripped on a partially hidden log and knocked Kai over as he fell. Unfortunately, they were also at the edge of an embankment of a steep hill that led down to a stream.

"Oof! AH!" Tyson gave a muffled cry as they rolled down the hill. When they came to a stop, just barely missing the stream of cold, muddy water, Tyson was mostly on top of Kai, chest to chest, their noses brushing and their harsh breaths mingling in the cool autumn night air. The bluenette stared down into burning russet eyes and felt himself get lost in them.

Kai stared back, ignoring the object poking him in the back that was really uncomfortable, in favour of enjoying the feeling of the dragon's lithe, muscular body pressed against his own with nothing but the layers of their clothes between them. With no way to hide his body's reaction, Kai didn't bother trying to hide his enjoyment of their current position from Tyson, letting him see the quiet need in his eyes.

Tyson saw it, and shifted uncomfortably when he felt his pants suddenly become a little too tight. Kai let out a tiny noise that sounded suspiciously like a whimper and Tyson sucked in a breath, going very, very still.

"Kai…"

"Kinomiya…Tyson…" Kai said his name huskily, his eyes darkening quickly under Tyson's gaze." Either get the hell off of me or kiss me. Don't tease…"

With a low sound, Tyson dipped his head and pressed his mouth to Kai's ,eyes sliding closed immediately as heat spread along his skin from just that simple contact. He felt Kai's arms slide around the middle of his back and around his waist and the bluenette groaned, parting his lips and tentatively letting his tongue touch Kai's lips in a silent demand for entrance. The phoenix complied and Tyson made a noise of approval, his tongue seeking out its counterpart and doing his best to make Kai's come out to play.

Their first kiss turned passionate and primal, a short battle for supremacy ending with Tyson the winner - not that Kai minded much. It felt good - no right - to be the submissive one, to give himself to Tyson like this and not have to worry about always being in control and what anyone else wanted of him because here and now, in the dragon's arms, he realized he was as free as he'd ever been. And in the pleasure he was receiving Kai could also feel the trust and affection Tyson had for his captain. It was a little staggering for Kai to realize that he'd been wanting this for so long and that he hadn't had the courage to do anything about it, let alone admit it to even himself.

Tyson broke the kiss eventually, when the need for air became too hard to ignore. Panting, he stared into dazed, pleasure-filled crimson orbs and couldn't help smirking with proud satisfaction because he had put that look in Kai's eyes.

"I have wanted to do that for a ridiculously long time." He murmured, brushing his lips across Kai's eyelids as they fluttered closed, then across his nose, his cheeks, and again pressing a kiss to Kai's mouth. "Kai…"

"I…" Kai had to stop and clear his throat to get rid of the raspy quality to it, moving his hands to run them up and down Tyson's arms on either side of him. "I had no idea. When did you…"

He was cut off by Tyson putting a finger over his lips and shushing him. "Quiet. I think someone's coming." He whispered, rolling off Kai and getting up. Kai got to his feet swiftly and together they managed to climb back up the embankment.

Just as they reached the top, the beam of a flashlight landed on them and a shout of "Hey you! Stop!" had them on the run once more.

*************************

Authoress' Endnotes: Phew! ^____^ Part 04 is complete! Like? Hate? Did I earn that `suspense' category? There's more coming soon… Please R/R!!!!