Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Story About Love And Freedom ❯ Page 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Once upon a time, there were these two lovers. These two lovers met in a way every couple would dream of; in a high tower, in the middle of the night, under moonlight and stars, they shared a kiss. However their love was not accepted by the kingdom. The king of the castle had already lost his son and he didn't want to lose his grandson to a mere peasant. The king convinced all his citizens that the two lovers were wrong for each other. The two lovers attempted to fight against the king and his priests, but they were unsuccessful. The two lovers could no longer live in a kingdom that shunned their kind of love. In the end---
 
“I'm done. Are you done Tyson?”
 
“Ah no… I haven't finished writing this stupid story yet.” Fairy tales are supposed to be easy to write.
 
“Ha ha. Why'd you join creative writing if you suck at writing?” Max laughed.
 
In the end, the two lovers stole away into the night and they lived happily ever after.
 
Tyson crossed out the last line and sighed. He leaned back in his chair, crossed his arms behind his head and stared lazily out his skylight.
 
-----------
Story about Love and Freedom
-----------
 
Bayside High is your typical small secondary school with several hundred students attending every year. Most of the teachers are friendly, smart and okay to deal with. The only teacher that Tyson had conflicts with since he started attending Bayside was with his biology teacher. From the very first class, Boris was a pain in the ass. He had crossed his fingers in hopes that he would get a different Bio teacher this year, but it seemed Boris enjoyed torturing him too much to let him go (at least that's what Tyson thought). He couldn't believe he had already tolerated three months of his bullshit.
 
Tyson sighed. At least Biology was last block, but what a way to end the day.
 
“What's the matter Ty?” Max peaked out from behind his locker door to tilt his head in question at his friend a couple of lockers down. He was slapping books harder against other books than usual and seemed to almost be tearing papers out of his binders.
 
“I hate Bio, that's what.” Tyson fumed.
 
“Me too! That's why I'm not taking it. You should have gone for physics.”
 
“No way! I suck at mathematical stuff.”
 
Max laughed.
“I suck too! The only reason I'm still alive is because of Rei. I swear if he wasn't helping me study, I'd be six feet under my textbooks by now.”
 
Tyson chewed his bottom lip and considered what Max just said. He had a point. Maybe he should have gone for more classes that his friends were in. Then at least he wouldn't feel so miserable working on his own. His spirits fell further upon hearing a ringing sound echoing through the hall, signalling the beginning of classes.
 
“Well I'll see you at lunch, Ty. Don't get too bummed out by school,” chirped Max before he bounced off to his first class of the day. Tyson wasn't as thrilled. His first class was Creative Writing and he hadn't even been able to write a proper story. Who was it again that said Creative Writing was easy credits? Probably Hilary. Ugh, why did he listen to her?
 
Tyson growled, slammed his locker shut in frustration and ran to his class.
 
Ms. Kincaide is probably the nicest teacher in the world. She's just a little clumsy and meek. Everyone in the class stared off into space as Ms. Kincaide attempted to pick up her spilled lecture papers and attendance sheets as fast as she could.
 
“Um everyone?” Ms. Kincaide fixed her glasses on the bridge of her nose, “um, well, today we will be getting a new student in our class. How exciting!”
 
A few heads turned in interest by the news, but most were still stuck in the clouds. Tyson happened to be one of them, thinking of what to eat later for lunch. Asian or Western? Sushi or Burgers?
 
“He's come all the way from Russia! Why don't you introduce yourself to the class.”
 
More heads turned now to the appearance of the new student, intrigue was piqued towards the new handsome face. Now every head turned except Tyson's, still far in his thoughts until a voice brought him back to earth.
 
“Hello. I'm Kai Hiwatari.”
 
Tyson's eyes darted from the ceiling to the front of the classroom and his eyes widened in surprise. This new boy was above average in height, with smooth, deathly pale skin, so thin all over as if he didn't eat much or at all, wore the ugliest, raggedy and baggy thrift store clothes that were ever fabricated, had hair that was sticking out all over the place as if he never brushed it before, but was so incredibly beautiful. Very, very beautiful.
 
Tyson lost his ability to breathe.
 
“It's so nice to meet you Kai!” Ms. Kincaide chirped, “Everyone is so very happy to have you here in our class! Please take a seat at any free desk that you'd like.”
 
Everyone's eyes were glued onto Kai as if he were a model walking down a runway. He very well could have been one with his cool and calm demeanour. The new student didn't seem to notice the fixated attention he was receiving, or perhaps he didn't care. Tyson on the other hand did. He worried whether Kai would be able to hear his heart pounding so hard outside his chest as he approached closer. Tyson tried switching his attention to the window, tried hiding his reddening face, tried betraying his fantastical thoughts.
 
Like how at first he thought that maybe Kai would choose the empty seat right beside his but instead he walked right past him, the scent of icy mint wafting by, and chose the farthest seat from the whiteboard and everyone else, in the very back corner. The Russian propped his head into a hand and elbow on desk, looking apathetically into nothingness.
 
Tyson couldn't have been farther from Kai's poise. One hand's fingers fidgeted between his pen and lined paper, the other hand clenching and unclenching his pants, one of his legs couldn't stop shaking, because part of him just wanted to get up and talk to the guy! But part of him didn't want anything to do with him. What kind of feelings were leaking out of him? These weren't the right kind of feelings that a normal person should be feeling. That's right… he shouldn't be feeling this way. It's weird. He's supposed to be just another normal guy. Just like everyone else.
 
He had to shut his mind from all the thoughts and desires attempting to pervade his mind, which proved to be one of the most difficult tasks Tyson had ever attempted. The whole time, his breath was shallow, and the actual class seemed to be in another dimension. Time was especially agonizing as it seemed to pass by in snail motion. Tyson shook, bit his tongue, pursed his lips, tapped away at his desk and tried too hard to hear what new idea Ms. Kincaide was introducing, but to no avail.
 
At last when the bell rang, Tyson was the first to pack up his bags and to run out of the classroom. There was NO WAY that he was going to talk to that guy. In his condition, he would probably look like a total idiot. No, he decided he was going to have absolutely nothing to do with the new student in his Creative Writing class. The feelings that had poured out of him and that had staled around him had been too much for him to bear.
 
Thank God Kai wasn't in his English class. For once, Tyson was glad that he didn't have any friends in a class of his. He really needed the personal time to cool off. However… the ghostly pale skin persisted in haunting the back of his mind.
 
The best part of school is lunch time. One gets a break from stressful classes, meet up with friends to socialize, and fulfill one's appetite. Heck, the cafeteria food isn't half bad at Bayside. Tyson followed the set route, almost mechanically, into the caf and towards the usual hangout table he and his friends chose less than a year and a half ago. He was confident in finding Max bouncing next to Rei and asking questions about Physics, seeing Kenny pour over his computer programming, and maybe even Hilary waiting to demand for her grammer textbook back from him, but he had not expected this.
 
There was a new head amongst the usual three to four.
 
“Hey Tyson!” Max was smiling and waving his arms frantically at him. Rei was beside him alright but neither of them was working on any homework. Rei noticed Tyson cautiously approaching the table and took the initiative to introduce the new member.
 
“Tyson, this is Kai Hiwatari. We met in cooking class and found out he's a real cool guy. It's his first day here at Bayside too. Kai, this is our friend Tyson.”
 
Tyson was gaping like a fish out of water.
 
Kai clearly had a disinterested expression in his face. He didn't even bother to look Tyson in the face as he said “Hi.”
 
Tyson tried to adapt as any fish would flopping helplessly on land and being toasted by a brilliant sun. “Uh… um... h-h-hey.”
 
“Hm.” Was all Kai that said. Tyson was stunned. What a jerk. The guy may be strikingly attractive in face but has the worst attitude on the face of the planet. This guy wasn't worth his time! The rest of lunch was spent with all of his friends excitedly talking to the new guy, and completely ignoring him. One time, when Kai went to grab an apple to eat, all heads in the cafeteria turned around to stare at him walking across the room. Wherever Kai went, everyone's heads would turn to stare at the tragic beauty so out of place. Why was he in such terrible looking attire, people all around wondered. But at the same time they couldn't stop admiring him.
 
Hilary did come by and, just like everyone else, was completely enraptured by the handsome Kai. “My name's Hilary!” She was so fast in going up to Kai and forcing herself within his familiarity. She was rosy cheeks, batting eyelashes, and a sparkling smile in front of Kai, and Kai smiled back! Tyson was shocked. Again he was feeling unnecessary emotions but... was that a tinge of jealousy just now? And now the two seemed to be engrossed in some interesting talk, Something about Kai's racial origins… how he's half Japanese and half Russian or something like that. Tyson couldn't believe everyone could be so affected by external beauty. Well, it was like pure, natural beauty but still, everyone were so blinded that they didn't bother to see that internally he was…. possibly someone very ugly!
 
He couldn't stand the show anymore and left the group without a word. No one seemed to notice his departure.
 
Third block used to be his favourite class. Although he didn't have the same gym class as Rei and Max, they shared the same block with Tyson so occasionally they would be outside on the field at the same time, sharing the same running track and would have free time to talk together. Today wasn't the same as usual because guess who was in his Gym class? Hiwatari. Tyson decided that that's what he would call Kai. Since calling a person by their last name was a display of hostility, Tyson figured that Kai would understand that Tyson wasn't like all the others in his school who were eyeing him like candy. Maybe Hiwatari would even get the idea that he didn't want him in his group of friends, period.
 
And like as if Hiwatari even cared to be friends with him. In fact Tyson could tell that Hiwatari made sure to thoroughly avoid all contact with him. Kai never spoke out to him, made sure to be completely out of physical reach and they hadn't even made eye contact with each other yet. What more could be said? Maybe that his unbeatable records were all beaten by Kai. Hiwatari is a faster sprinter, long distance runner, high jumper, push-upper, an anything better-“er” than Tyson. The gym teacher was ecstatic over Kai's god-sent physical talent. “New records, new records” was whispered excitedly throughout class and made its way into the school hallways.
 
Oh no, Tyson's day couldn't have gotten better. That's right, it could only get worse. Boris was ALL OVER Kai. “Oh a Russian student! Then you know all about hard work and success that comes with it!” Boris exclaims. What a racist. It really didn't help either for Kai to feed Boris' ego. Hiwatari turned out to be a star student, able to answer all the questions, provide additional facts, and bring up interesting new point of views on difficult concepts. The guy was a monster. Of course before the class was over, Boris, the asshole that he was, had to make a statement about his superiority over Tyson, in front of the whole class.
 
“Kai, what a wonderful remark. It's exactly what I would have expected from a Russian born. Now TYSON on the other hand,” Boris turns around to point very rudely at said person, “needs to work MUCH harder and get his wits up to calibre. Really now, a C+ on the quizzes is absolutely understandable… for someone who doesn't try very hard or even care about the course. But I DO hope that everyone here in this class will work hard towards success, just like our wonderful Kai here. We all must understand the rules, the right attitude and the right position in this class, don't you AGREE Tyson?” Tyson gritted his teeth, breathed short, scalding breathes through the seams and against all bodily signals, spoke through the cracks, “Agreed.”
 
“Tyson?”
 
He didn't bother to respond Max by the lockers. He just wanted to get out of there as fast as he could. After hastily cramming all his books into his backpack, he ran all the way home without a rest to catch his breath. Once he got home, he found himself in an empty house again. Tyson felt dizzy from the sudden rush of blood to his head and sat down on his front steps for a break. That's when he noticed the pile of papers stacked underneath the porch. Shit. He was supposed to run the paper that morning but he'd completely forgotten! Terribly disappointed in himself, Tyson entered the quiet house, shaking. On his way to the bedroom, he thought he'd passed through the kitchen for some water. As usual the dishes were piled high in the sink and no one was home. No one was ever home.
 
It was all that Tyson could do, to clench his fists and hold back his tears. It was just great. School was starting off to be a disaster, work was no better, family didn't give a damn, he couldn't even talk to his friends, and now he's forced to become friends with a total jerk. He was just sitting on his bed but all the emotions he'd held confined in his heart that day found their way out of his controlled grasp. Tyson grabbed his pillow and began punching into the polyester stuffing. Why couldn't he stop crying? He… just… couldn't… stop crying…