Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ True Hearts ❯ Chapter four: Supressed feelings ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“talking”
‘thinking’


Disclaimer: I do not own Bakuten Shoot Beyblade or it’s characters. I only own this plot and the characters you don’t recognise.


Chapter four: Supressed feelings


Two days had passed since the party and the championship was coming to a start. People started to gather into the stadium, ready to cheer on their favorite team.
“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the World Championships. I’m Brad and as always I’m with my partner, AJ.”
“Hi everyone! Hi Brad. We’re minutes away from the opening ceremony and the crowd is already psyched and anxious to have it started.” added AJ.
“Even DJ Jazzman is up to animating the auditory.” told Brad as the said man was yelling in his microphone for the ceremony to start, accompanied by the public.
“LET IT RIP! LET IT RIP! LET IT RIP!” they shouted in unison.
As they yelled with frenesy, the lights turned off and all the spotlights shift open towards the center of the stadium, leaving the crowd in the dark. They all fell silent and looked intently to what was going to happen.
The ground opened to its full lenght and eight towers rose up. They were disposed of one in the center and seven surrounding it. One after the other, seven of the towers’ peak opened up in a flower-like manner to reveal each team. The beybladers received cheers of love from the crowd who yelled their team’s name or their own name. Only the center tower remainded closed. Suddenly the lights turned various colors and shift in every directions. When the last peak finally opened, everyone saw Team Legends: Lorelei was at a drum set, Kiara held an electric guitar and Jewel had a violin in her hands and a microphone in its holder was place in front of her. Two more musicians, a piano player and a bass guitar player, were at their side.
The moment that the spotlight reverted toward Team Legends, Lorelei started a soft beat, followed by Kiara and the other two players. Then it accelerated into a pop/rock rythm. A minute later, Jewel started playing her violin and then started to sing. Her voice sounding like the japanese singer, Himeka.

I’m finally standing
Here among the best
I’ll keep on rising
Until I’m the greatest

With pride I stand my ground
By rising up my game
I vow to bring them down
I’ll show I’m not the same

With my will
And my skill
With offense
And Defense
I push it
I clash it
Attack it
Evade it

Facing the enemy
I’ll challenge them all
I hold victory
And before me they’ll fall

It is my destiny
The crown is mine to hold
It is waiting for me
I aim to get the gold

In the end
I will send
With my might
In this fight
It flying
It falling
Sound clicking
Then stoping

I’ll take it all with my own hands
I’ll keep on fighting till the end

Every team was in awe. Though she was also astonished, Ming Ming had issues about not being the one asked to opened the championship ceremony. Kenny, even though he was a Ming Ming fan, was in extasy. The entire stadium listened and cheered Team Legends. Once the song ended, every soul in the stadium applauded them.
“What a voice!” said Brad.
“I agree. They are quite a skillful bunch of kids. Their playing was really music to my ears.” added Aj.
“Even though Team Legends is new t the beyblade industry, they are quite known in the music business. Along with their keyboard player, Oceane and their bass player, Anais, they are known as the number one musical group, Stella Proxima. They’ve been at the top charts for three years throughout the world.” elaborated Brad.
“Quite the impressive resume. I guess they wanted something different from their singing fame. Something different and why not beyblade.” laughed AJ.
The lights turned toward the VIP cabin of the chairman and his collegues. Mr. Dickenson stood on a platform for everyone to see him. He opened his microphone and began his speech.
“I’m not going to say much, since Team Legends as done a magnificent speech with their song. A song that was compose especially for this occasion. I requested it myself to the girls, in which they agreed. I thank them as well as their partners of Stella Proxima for their performance. And with that... Let the World Championships begin.”
DJ Jazzman yelled his appreciation to Team Legends.
“WE COULDN’T HAVE A BETTER START FOR THIS EVENT! I’M SURE THIS SONG TOUCHED EVERY SOUL, BLADERS AND FAN ALIKE ALL AROUND THE WORLD. AND NOW, PLEASE LOWER THE WHEEL SCREEN. WE’LL SEE THE FIRST TWO TEAMS TO BATTLE UP.”
A screen was lowered and DJ Jazzman approached it. On one side, Julia’s face had appeared and next to her image was Tala’s. DJ put his hand on Julia’s face and slide it down the screen’s surface. At high speed, the images of the other team captain passed through the screen. DJ did the same thing with Tala’s face. The rolling faces started to slow down and finally stopped on Tyson’s face. Right next to him, Max’s face had appeared.
The towers were lowered to ground level. The BBA Revolution and the PPB All Starz took place in their respective box, while the others all left to go sit in the stands. Only Team Legends was brought under the stage to have their instruments put back in their case.
Daichi and Rick took place, waiting for the dish to be revealed. Minutes later, the floor opened and the bladers were faced with a cylindar glass tower, rising in the center of the dish. The tower had one opening facing each blader and the top of it had several glass lenses. A lamp hung above the latter.
“I INTRODUCE YOU TO THE MAGNIFIER STADIUM. LET ME SHOW YOU HOW TO WORK IN IT.” told DJ Jazzman.
With that he sent his own beyblade in the dish. He made circles around the cylindar.
“AS YOU CAN SEE, YOU CAN BATTLE AROUND THE TOWER. LET ME SHOW YOU WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ENTER IT.” he added.
His blade entered the tower. Once in it, the lamp lit up and turned in an aleatory movement. Every time the light went through one of the lenses, a beam was shot down and burned whatever it touched.
“SO BE CAREFUL. STRATEGY IS THE KEY HERE. AND NOW, BLADERS GET READY TO LET IT RIP.”
Rick and Daichi prepared their launcher and beyblade and took their shooting position.
“IN 3-2-1... LET IT RIP!” yelled Jazzman.

Meanwhile, Kai goes under stage to meet Team Legends. He absolutely needed to talk with Jewel. He could understand her presence as a singer but as a blader, he could not. As he passed, he saw people working and running to take all the equipment off the previous stage, others were taking down the architecture of the towers. In a corner, he spotted Team Legends putting their instruments in their case, chatting along with the other two members of Stella Proxima. Jewel was sitting by herself, taking a good look at her violin as she repaired a broken string.
The dual haired teen approached her. As he did, Jewel saw, from the corner of her eye someone coming. She lifted her head and noticed him walking closer. She put her violin down and prepared to run, but Kai was faster and grabbed her hand. She litterally refused to look at him, turning her back completely to him.
Kai was surprised by her move, but decided to ignore it and turned her to face him.
“Judging by the fact that you were about to run away from me, there’s something going on. Why are you and the girls here, Jewel?” he said, staring at her.
“We felt like it.” she replied, not lifting her head to look at him. “Is that so bad if we want to play beyblade, Kai?”
“It’s not that it’s bad. You girls never liked the sport in the first place, so it’s odd to see you all here.” Kai told her, eyeing her skeptically.
Jewel looked back at him, shifting uncomfortably. Kai knew she lied to him. Her body language told him that much.
“Tell me the truth.” he replied, still looking intently at her.
“Whether you believe me or not, that’s the truth, Kai.”
Kai sighed. He knew that it was nearly impossible to pry something out of her. She could be so stubborn, but then again, he himself was someone you couldn’t easily make him tell anything. He stared at her, studied her.
“Jewel, how come you’re awake? Last time, you were unconscious in a hospital bed for two years. All the time you were lying there, hooked to the artificially life maintening machine, I was at your side. The doctors didn’t give you much of a waking chance. And suddenly, three years ago, you just disapeared. I...”
“What do you want me to say? I got better in no time and left.” she cut him off.
“ Have you, not even once, thought of coming to see me? I mean... I’ve been visiting you ever since that day, five years ago. I’ve been worried about you... I thought you would never wake up.” Kai urged for an answer.
“I didn’t think, not even once to go and see you. As far as I’m concerned, I don’t want you in my life anymore. Other than being an opponent in the world championships, I don’t want anything to do with you.” she told him, earning a sad look from him. “I thank you for taking your time to see me in the hospital, but now that I’m out and walking, I see it more fit for us to go our separate ways.” she added, with a somewhat trembling voice.
Kai’s eyes widened, his hands slightly releasing hers. She took the opportunity to leave.
“Wait a second...” Kai felt his heart being crushed. “You’re just going to walk away without a word?” he asked, lowering his head, covering his pained expression with his bangs.
Jewel stopped in her tracks. Taking a deep breath to hide the fact that the tears were streaming down, she added before walking away:
“ There’s nothing more to say, Kai...”

Turning the corner toward the hallway that leaded out of the stadium, Jewel saw Elliot waiting for her.
He looked at her angrily. As she was about to pass him by, the young man grabbed her hand and lead her to the Dragon Squad’s waiting room. Once inside, he shoved her aside, glaring at her, daring her to defy him. Jewel glared back at him.
“What?” she hissed.
“You talked to Kai.”
“He caught me. Beside, I wasn’t going to just ignore him after so long.”
“What did you tell him?” he barked at her.
“Nothing... If you’re afraid that I spilled, you don’t have to worry. I know when to keep my mouth shut.” she replied angrilly.
Elliot came closer to her and grabbed her neck, pushing her back until she was cornered into the lockers.
“You have better not told him anything, or else...” he menaced. “We have a task to do and we can’t let Kai get in our way. I’ve got my eyes on you, Jewel. And your team too. If you don’t want to see any of the girls get hurt, you know what to do.
“...”
Elliot let her go and walk away. He knew Jewel would do anything to protect her friends from any danger. Nonetheless, he’d have to watch her. Who knows what that girl was capable of doing.

Kai watched her leave, not knowing what else to do. He could have gone after her, but didn’t know what to say to have her stay. Kai lowered his head, having his light blue bangs cover his face as he hid his pain.
He decided against watching Tyson and Max fight. He walked away, intending to find a quiet place where he could be alone and think. Kai strolled aimlessly and ended up in a park. He sat on a bench, put his elbows on his knees and his head in his hand. He was litterally crushed by her words and so confused to what was going on. Even though Jewel didn’t say anything, he was sure something bad was going on. It was impossible to conceived that she would willingly play beyblade. She hated the game, loathed it.
The Blitzgriek Boys, who had been watching him, followed him out the stadium. Even though they didn’t hear a word that had been said between the red haired woman and the bluenette, they knew they couldn’t leave him alone. The three russians saw him sitting miserably on a park’s bench, looking crushed. They all arched an eyebrow and looked at each other. That vision of Kai wasn’t the typical Kai way they knew. Something was bothering their teammate.
“You know, ever since the beginning of the tournament, Kai’s been acting weird. Especially since he saw those girls from... What’s the team’s name again? Oh yeah. Team Legends..” stated Spencer.
“I know.” told Tala.
“I think we should talk to him.” added the blond russian.
The redhead had known for a while, that is was better the leave the phoenix on his own.
“Leave him. Kai’s not the type to talk it out. Let alone, telling us.” said Tala. “Let’s just watch him from afar for the moment. If there’s any reason to butt in into his business, we will.” he added.
“Sorry, captain, but I feel it otherwise. Look at him, Tala. Are you sure you’re seeing what I’m seeing?” asked Bryan.
“...” Tala was at a loss of words.
“We can’t leave him like this.” added the lavender haired teen.
“Maybe, but how do you suggest to have him talk?” asked the redhead.
They all started to think of a way to get Kai talking. After a few minutes, Bryan came up with a brillant idea. No way in hell, would they leave the bluenette on his own.
“I have an idea...We’ll make him talk even if it’s by force.” the lavender haired russian said, grinning from ear to ear.
He whispered in their ears his plan, to which Spencer grinned widely and earned a disapproving look from Tala. In the end, Spencer and Bryan had convinced the redhead into putting the plan in action.
“And where are we going to do that?” demanded Spencer.
“Oh I know the perfect location. And once there, he won’t be able to escape that easily.” smirked Tala.
Approaching Kai, they all stood before him. Sensing their presence, the phoenix lifted his head and saw his team. He boredly look at them, putting instantly his mask, so they wouldn’t see his expression.
“What?” he asked.
“Oh... nothing much... except that you’ll be following us.” replied Bryan.
Kai arched an eyebrow at them. Before he knew what was happening, they grabbed him and followed Tala’s direction toward the place they needed to go to. The Blitzgriek Boys ignored the amused look of the passing people and dragged Kai. That did not go without some struggling, complaints, swearing and treats from the phoenix.
Once there, Spencer and Bryan drop him on the ground. Kai grunted in displeasure. When he looked at where they had brought him, he recognized the old abbey. He stared at them, in which they pointed to the main tower. Kai sighed and followed them inside.
“Why are we here?” he asked, very annoyed, moreover when he heard the locking system turning on.
“We’ll battle, Kai. Us three against you. If you win, we’ll leave you alone. But if you lose, you’re going to tell us what the hell is wrong with you.” answered his team leader.
“What made you think I’d comply?” retorted Kai.
“You don’t have a choice. First of all, you can’t get out of here unless someone wins. You know how this old tower works.” said the team captain, smirking. “And if you refuse, then you can say goodbye to your chance of fighting Tyson. I won’t allow you to battle.” told Tala.
Kai growled in annoyance. He couldn’t believe his ear. Then again, who said he’d lose to them.
“Fine. But I warn you, I won’t lose this easily.” he agreed.
The all smirked and got ready to battle it out.