Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ 'Cause Every Second Counts ❯ Fully Alive ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Okay,breathe in for me."
Hyourinmaru hummed as he placed the end of the cool medical instrument on the back of his patient in a few spots then away from his patient's body.
"How have you been feeling? Any fevers? Have you been eating right?"
The elder male pinned Kaien with a serious stare. Kaien just chuckled and smiled at his doctor.
"I'm all fine,Hyourin. No fevers,been eating fine,and no tummy aches."Kaien rubbed his belly as he smiled."Everything's fine."
The edges of Hyourinmaru's mouth curved up ever so slightly.
"You're cheerful attitude always rubs off on me every once in awhile. But if anything changes don't hesitate to check into the hospital."
The black haired male waved his hand dismissively.
"Don't worry Doc,Shinji watches me like a hawk."
The aqua-green eyed male glanced at the clock and began to put his sweater back on.
"So,I'm in the clear,right?"
The teal green haired doctor nodded.
"Yes,for now you are."
Kaien slapped Hyourinmaru's left arm playfully.
"Aw,there you go trying to scare me like always."
The doctor rubbed his arm with a frown on his face and then gave Kaien a somber look.
"Just remember Kaien,there's always a chance-"
"Yeah I know." Kaien cut Hyourinmaru off."Listen,I gotta go to work now. Shinji'll kill me if I don't make it on time to Itonami. So..." The black haired man smiled brightly at his doctor."Have a good day for me,Doc."
With that Kaien winked at Hyourinmaru. As he made his way out Kaien said farewells to the nurses. He got into his dark blue car and began to make his way to Shinji's cafe,Itonami. Why his best friend had named the cafe life was far beyond him. A smile grew on Kaien's lips as the cafe came into view. As soon as he entered he was greeted by Shuhei Hisagi,the host of the cafe.
"How's it goin',Hisagi?"
Kaien patted the other male on the back as he passed by.
"Goin' okay I guess." Shuhei replied with a shrug.
Most customers at first glance would think Shuhei to be scary. What with his beady little eyes and the tattoos of a sixty nine and a blue strip going from his left cheek that stops over the bridge of his nose. But you can't forget the three scars that go down through his right eye on to his right cheek. Then again when the tattooed male puts on a warm smile it just changes peoples minds. It's like an invitation into the cafe.
The aqua-green eyed male was just about to go to the cafe locker room when he was pulled into the room next to it. Kaien already knew full well who grabbed him and where he was. The lights came in to show none other than his best friend and employer,Shinji Hirako. The owner of Itonami was in uniform like all his other workers. In a butler outfit.
The cafe was a butler and maid themed cafe. It brought in loads of happy customers. The uniform consisted of a blazer that had two rows of three buttons,one on the left and another row on the right. The last button on the right side had a pocket watch chain attached to it. The blazer had long coat tails that ended at the calves of the person's legs. A white button up shirt along with a black tie,white gloves and black dress pants. Shinji began to tap his dress shoe covered foot as he crossed his arms over his chest.
"Well?" The blonde asked and Kaien rubbed the back of his neck.
The black haired male opened his mouth to speak,but got cut off while Shinji went momma bear on him.
"What did the doctor say? Are you good? Is everything fine?"
The slim male had Kaien's right arm in a death grip.
"Um...Shinji you're hurting my arm. I like it very much attatched to my body."
The black haired male chuckled helplessly. The blonde let go quickly and smiled apologeticly.
"Sorry,so um,how'd it go?"
"I'm still in the clear,Shinji."
Kaien smiled brightly and Shinji let out a relieved sigh.
"M'kay. That's good. Now one question...WHY ARE YOU STILL IN YOUR STREET CLOTHES? GO TAKE HANATARO'S PLACE! HE'S BEING EXTRA CLUMSY TODAY!"
"Roger that."
The aqua-green eyed male fast walked over to the men's locker room of the cafe. For fear of Shinji busting down the door and yelling at him more,Kaien tried to dress into his butler uniform fast. First he stripped down then put on the pants,button up shirt,tie,blazer,shoes and the last white golves. The black haired man always had the first three buttons on his shirt undone and his tie worn loose. It always drove Shinji up the wall that Kaien never wore it right.
As soon as the black haired male had stepped out of the locker room he saw the assisstant manger. Jushiro Ukitake.
"Ah Kaien. I see you're doing fine. Shinji already told me of you're doctor's visit." The white haired man smiled."Good for you."
Ukitake looked at Kaien and frowned.
"Oh,your uniform isn't in order here,let me help you out."
The brown-eyed man smiled again as he buttoned up Kaien's shirt and tightened the tie. The aqua-green eyed male made a choking sound and pressed his hand to his neck.
"There all better."
Ukitake still had that sweet smile on as he patted Kaien's chest and walked away. As soon as the other male was out of sight,Kaien tugged on his tie as if he were a dog that didn't want a collar. Once out in the front of the cafe he opened the door and heard a surprised squeak. Hanataro had bumped into Kaien and dropped all the plates he was carrying. The aqua-green eyed male tried to act as fast as he could. Kaien caught Hanataro before the smaller of the two could fall,the black haired male's right arm wrapped around the smaller male's waist and had pulled him close.
Shinji made a horrified face as the plates came crashing to the floor. The women and teen girls in the cafe squealed at the position the two workers were in. Kaien glanced at Shinji,the blonde was about ready to burst out screaming and the females of the cafe had excited glints in their eyes. The black haired male smirked as an idea came into his mind. He changed his expression into one of worry as he looked back at Hanataro's already flushed face.
"Hanataro,are you alright?"Kaien asked and the smaller male squeaked again.
"I-I-I'm f-fine."
"Ah,that's good." The aqua-green eyed male smiled and brought his left hand under Hanataro's chin."At least my little flower is safe out of harms way and into my warm embrace."
Hanataro's blush grew even more and he began to stutter as the females in the cafe squealed loudly. Shinji turned towards the female customers and held his hand out towards them.
"For yaoi fan service you must pay five bucks for every yaoi line that was spoken,the warm embrace,cupping of the chin,seductive smiling seme and the blushing uke."
The blonde began to count on his fingers.
"That'll be twenty five dollars from each of you." Shinji grinned as the females began to whine."Come on pay up."
The next thing the blonde knew he got hit upside the head and was getting yelled at in his ear.
"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"
Rangiku Matsumoto stood next to her boss furious at his demand from his customers.
"Now,now Shinji let the women enjoy the little show for free." Ukitake added in.
"But they do this almost all the time! This is quality fan service going on here! And how could I not want to profit from it?"
"We can't help it that Hanataro is overly clumsy and that Kaien is always around to save him."
The white haired male chuckled. Shinji frowned and looked at Rangiku.
"Oi,Rangiku go clean up the mess of plates on the floor."
Once the others has busied themselves the small black haired male turned to the taller one.
"Kaien,why do you always use me as a scape goat like that? It's embarrassing."
Hanataro touched his cheeks trying to cool down his overheated face. Kaien laughed and ruffled the smaller male's hair.
"It always gets me off the hook from Shinji yelling my ear off. It helps you as well from Shinji's wrath."
Hanataro pouted and nodded.
"You're right,I guess."
"Hanataro!" Shinji called out.
"Y-Yes?"
"Your shift's over,ya can go now."
After Hanataro left all the pre-afternoon fuss began to die down and the hours began to go by slowly. Kaien sat at one of the tables and was playing around with salt and pepper shakers.
"It's not wise to play with salt,Kaien."Rangiku said in a sing song tone as she approached the male."It'll give you bad luck if you spill some and don't throw it over your shoulder."
Kaien looked to his left. The red head was in the womens maid uniform,the sleves were a little puffy and black with two white buttons. A white bow tie on her neck,the front was black with a low v-neck and another white v-neck underneath the black one. The skirt part of the dress was white till the bottom. With three horizontal strips,the top and the bottom strips were black and the middle thin strip was white. Kaien remembered how much trouble one of the other female workers had with the maid uniform. Isane didn't like it at all,the silver haired woman would complain on how short it was and how it just didn't go with her look.
It was very humorous watching her work in the maid outfit everyday with her blushing face,the woman got as clumsy as Hanataro because she was embarrassed. Shinji got fed up one day and made her wear the butler uniform,since then she became a very good worker and many customers believe her to be a man at first.
Kaien returned his focus to the salt and pepper shakers and lightly pushed one of the salt ones so it could fall.
"I stopped being superstitious a long time ago,Rangiku."
The woman just shrugged and rested her arm on Kaien's shoulder.
"What time you get off today Kaien? I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me and Shuhei for some drinks."
The black haired male smiled sadly.
"Sorry Rangiku,but I promised my family I'd visit them today after work."
The red head pouted and rested her hands on her hips.
"Oh boo. Such a party pooper you are sometimes, Kaien."
Rangiku whined and poked the aqua-green eyed male in the side. Kaien laughed heartily and poked the woman back. Her smile stayed put as their laughter died down.
"But seriously. One of these days you're going to come with us and without Shinji. I really don't know why he has to follow you almost everywhere like a mother hen."
The black haired male just nodded happily.
"Yeah one of these days,Rangiku."
"Hey,you two!"Shinji said loudly."Get back to work! What do I pay ya for?"
"For smiling and looking good."
Rangiku giggled as she fluffed her hair and blew a kiss Shinji's way. The blonde made a disgusted noise causing the woman to laugh as she greeted customers that just got seated at a table. As more customers began coming in the two workers began to get busy again.
0-0-0-0-0-0
The aqua-green eyed male changed the last table cloth as Shinji and Ukitake were counting the days money.
"Kaien."Ukitake called out softly."You can go to your family get together. I hope you have a good time."
The white haired male smiled and Kaien uttered his goodbyes.
"Oi,don't stay out too late and if ya do then stay at your parent's house!"Shinji yelled after Kaien,who just waved as he left. Ukitake chuckled at Shinji.
"Hey what's so funny?"
The blonde frowned at the older male.
"You sound like a parent,Hirako."
Shinji's frown deepened at the comment.
"As his employer,room-mate,and best friend I can't help but be concerned about him..."The blonde let his sentence trail off into short silence."Don't you worry sometimes,Jushiro?"
Shinji looked at the brown-eyed man with a hurt expression. Ukitake looked toward the exit that Kaien had left from,took a hold of Shinji's hand and gave it a comforting squeeze as he nodded.
"I'd be lying to you if I said I never did,Hirako."
0-0-0-0-0-0
Kaien breathed in and exhaled slowly and gave a small frown as he stood in front of the Kuchiki mansion.
"Why mom and dad don't just move into a smaller home is beyond me. It's just them and Rukia and Byakuya."
The aqua-green eyed male walked up to the front of his childhood home and rang the doorbell. The head butler,Kenpachi Zaraki,opened the door for Kaien to enter.
"Hello,Master Kaien." he said with a grin.
The tall male had his hair styled in slicked back spikes. He wore a regular butler outfit,a little different from what Kaien would wear for work. The black haired male patted Kenpachi on the shoulder as he got inside.
"I've told you before,Kenny,just call me Kaien."
The taller black haired male crossed his arms over his chest.
"And how many times have I told ya ta stop calling me Kenny?"Kenpachi asked and Kaien smile.
"Since I was a kid."
"KAIEN!"
An excited voice exclaimed causing the male to turn around in time to see his little fourteen year old sister run down the grand staircase. Rukia Kuchiki. The black haired female hugged her big brother and smiled brightly.
"What took you so long?" she asked
Kaien ruffled her hair and smiled.
"Had work today,Rukia"
"Oh! Kaien dear,you're here."
Kiyoe Kuchiki,the mother of three and a very beautiful woman,made her way to her eldest son. She had long black hair that ended to the middle of her back and she had aqua-green eyes. Kiyoe hugged her son and fixed Rukia's hair.
"Kaien,don't mess up your sister's hair."
The aqua-green eyed woman pouted.
Kaien chuckled,"You know Rukia never seems to mind me ruffling her hair every once in a while."
Sojin Kuchiki placed his hand on Kaien's shoulder and smiled warmly at his son.
"How's life out on your own treating you,son?"
The aqua-green eyed male smirked.
"It's been good dad."
Sojin Kuchiki also had black hair that reached a bit past his shoulders and gray eyes. the gray eyed male looked up to see his second son making his way down the grand staircase.
"Byakuya,come greet your older brother."Sojin said with small cheer in his voice.
Byakuya glanced at Kaien,his face a mask void of emotion.
"Hello,brother."
The air between the two felt tense and awkward. Kenpachi walked over to the family of five stating that dinner was ready. Kiyoe ushered them to the dining room and dinner commenced. Mindless chatter of how their days had gone were said between bites. Byakuya mostly kept to himself unless spoken to. Sojin had asked Kaien about his day and the aqua-green eyed male began to talk animatedly of what happened at work. The spiky,black haired male also told his family about the doctor visit with cheer in his voice. This set Byakuya off,he slammed his hands against the table and in the calmest way he could he let his anger slip through.
"Why are you so happy about a doctor visit,Kaien? This is serious,why do you act like nothings wrong with you? It's bad enough we can't have you here at home because you don't want to be here."
Kaien put on a blank face and sighed. This happened almost all the time between him and his little brother. The aqua-green eyed male would just act like his care free and cheerful self,whenever he came home. For some odd reason Byakuya would become enraged and argue with his older brother.
"It's not that I don't want to be here. It's just-"
"Just what?"
Kaien let another sigh escape his lips. The spiky haired male got up from the table and his mother tried to get her son to stay longer.
"Kaien dear,please sit back down. You know your brother doesn't mean to get angry with you."
Kaien looked Byakuya in the eyes then shook his head.
"Sorry mom and dad,but I think it's time for me to go now."
Rukia frowned and Sojin got up as well and walked his eldest son to the door.
"Kaien don't mind your brother. We're all on edge because you live outside of our supervision. Byakuya is just worried about you. You know that."
Kaien looked down to the floor and gave a small nod.
"Yeah I know dad. I know."
Kaien left the mansion and drove home with a blank expression on his face as he thought the night should have gone more smoothly if only he didn't mention seeing Hyourinmaru. Once he was inside the apartment he shared with Shinji,he called out to his best friend. Kaien didn't get a response so he looked around to find that the blonde wasn't home yet. The aqua-green eyed male rubbed the back of his neck as he made his way to his room
"Maybe Rangiku asked Shinji to go out with her and Hisagi. Or he's with Ukitake." Kaien mumbled to himself.
The black haired male shut the door to his room and walked over to his bed. Kaien knelt and took a guitar case from under the bed. Kaien opened the case and smiled at his acoustic guitar. He touched the instrument gently and rested the side of it on his thigh while he sat on his bed. The aqua-green eyed male began to press and strum at the strings,playing a song he used to like in his high school days as he sang along.
"Telling Layla's story broken."
He paused for a moment as he still strummed.
"'Bout how all he bones are bbroken."
Another pause from sining.
"Hammers fall on all the pieces. Two months and the cover creases. Here she stands today. In her brilliant shining way. Fully alive. More than most,ready to smile...and love life. Fully alive. More than most,ready to smile...and love life."
Kaien took a few breaths and then continued to sing.
"All my complaints shrink to nothing. I'm ashamed of all my somethings. She's glad for one day of comfort. Only because she had suffered."
The black haired male began to nod his head as he continued to play.
"Here she stands today. In her brilliant shining way. Fully alive. More than most,ready to smile...and love life. Fully alive. More than most,ready to smile...and love life."
Kaien did a mini guitar solo and sang again.
"Fully alive. More than most,ready to smile...and love life."
The aqua-green eyed male repeated that last line three more times and played a little longer after he finished singing. Kaien stopped and sighed.
"I wish the visit had ended better."

A.N:I made Kaien apart of the Kuchiki family cuz I wanted nothing to do with Ganju and the Byakuya disliking Kaien thing seemed good for this. I now wanna learn how to play Fully Alive o.o But God knows I can only do simple songs on the guitar and since graduating in June I am out of practice with guitars since I don't own one and I only practiced in guitar class back in high school. God I wanna go back to school.