Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ BLEACHed Blitzkrieg ❯ Epilogue or The wedding ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: BLEACHed Blitzkrieg
Author(s): SanadaSayuri & Deragonmaji
Disclaimer: No money is made off this work of fiction. Bleach is not mine. If it was, I would be rich and I wouldn’t be writing this, now would I?
Summary: In a world where Kurosaki Masaki survived and is a world renowned political power, can her firstborn, Kurosaki Ichigo step up to the plate? What if he were to put his mother's teachings to use? AU
Pairing: ByakuyaxIchigo or is it IchigoxByakuya?
Note: Just another case of plot bunnies gone wild. Sorta AUish and crackish. Collab with Deragonmaji.

Epilogue

One of the heavy oak double doors opened into the spacious office. On the other side of the room, a heavy desk with a polished slate top was stacked with papers. Behind the desk, an orange haired teen clad in a dress shirt and tie sat in the oversized chair, the black jacket of his suit slung over the back of his chair. A hand absently darted up to land on top of a particularly large stack of files as the draft from the opening door threatened to topple it while chocolate eyes studied the words printed on a paper in his hand.

“Would you mind closing that door?” the teen said distractedly. “It took me three days just to read through all these files.”

A wry snort followed the harried request. “Got a lot of work I see,” came the reply in a rough, lazy drawl in a male voice.

Ichigo’s head jerked up. “Renji!”

“You know we’re going back to Soul Society today?” the sixth division vice-captain said.

Ichigo smiled, “Yeah, but I just can’t leave you know?” he waved his hand, indicating the paper covering the desk.

Renji snorted. “Been there, done that, but your father and Kyouraku-taichou insisted. They’ve got something they need to talk to you about, and Sotaicho will want to speak to you about something as well.”

The door opened and a man stepped in carrying another stack of files. “Here are the latest accounts, Kurosaki-san…”

Ichigo sighed. “Great… More work…” He looked at the redhead and said, “Look, I’ll try to meet you at the Shoten after I get through all this. Just see if you can put off the departure time until tonight at latest, alright?”

Renji nodded. “See you then,” the redhead left.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ichigo hugged his mother farewell as the shinigami entered the gates to Soul Society.

Masaki smiled. "I'll see you soon sweetheart."

Ichigo grinned and waved as the shouji doors concealed him from sight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Renji grinned and stretched. "It's good to be home!!"

Hitsugaya raised and eyebrow. "Boke. We left yesterday..."

The redhead sputtered. "S-so?? What the hell's your point??"

The shingami burst into laughter.

"Whatever, lets go." Ichigo grinned and walked off in the direction of the 10th division, the rest trailing behind, still picking on Renji.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Matsumoto laughed loudly from her place on the plush couch in the administration office. All of the shinigami present were happily enjoying a few drinks, and conversing with the one they had thought dead. Even the tensai taicho was enjoying himself. Though, it was a bit difficult to tell, as he was still working on paperwork, but the ever present scowl had softened the slightest bit.

SLAM!!!!

Everyone’s heads snapped toward the loud sound. Ichigo's eyes widened as the identity of the intruders registered in his brain. "Hey! What--"

"IIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGG GGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" a blur of white and black hurled itself across the room.

Acting on instinct, Ichigo neatly sidestepped the missile that he was ashamed to call his father. The resounding CRACK that was Isshin's head impacting with the wall cause the majority of the shinigami to wince.

Undaunted, the Kurosaki elder lept to his feet. "SON!! COME!! LEAP INTO DADDY'S ARMS FOR HE HAS MISSED YOU SO~!"

Ichigo sweatdropped. "Uhh... What the hell? You knew I was alive, dumbass..."

Isshin flapped a hand. "Details, details."

"Yare yare... Give the boy a chance to breathe..." 8th Division Taicho Kyoraku Shunsei said as he ambled his way into the room.

Streams of tears fell from Isshins eyes. "Aniki!! So cold!!"

Ukitake smiled as he walked in after his friend. "Shu-kuns right Isshin-kun." He wrapped Ichigo in a hug, "Good to see you Ichigo-kun."

Ichigo returned the smile. "Thanks Ukitake-taicho."

A fourth head poked itself into the office. "Hello boy..." Kenpachi Zaraki spoke with a feral grin. "I believe we have some business to attend to..."

Hitsugaya stood up suddenly and slammed his hands onto the desk, causing everyone to jump then shiver as the temperature dropped several degrees "In case you haven't noticed, this is not a party... As glad as we all are to see boke over here," he gestured at Ichigo with a thumb. "Hey!!" objected the strawberry, the vertically challenged tensai ignored the exclamation and continued without pause. "My office is no place for a brawl, so I would appreciate it if you all would GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!"

Ichigo didn't need to be told twice. He took one look at the bloodlust boiling in one Kenpachi Zaraki's eyes, and did the smart thing. He got the hell out of dodge.

"GET BACK HERE GAKI!!!!" Kenpachi roared as he gave chase.

Hitsugaya turned a scalding glare onto the remaining shinigami. "Can I help you?" his tone was icy as the temperature dropped even further. The rest decided that they should take a leaf out of the death-berry's book and make themselves scarce. The office was empty a few seconds later.

Toushiro heaved a sigh as he sat back down at his desk. Finally, he could get some work done in peace.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Ouken?” Ichigo frowned. “That’s the Royal Key to the King’s dimension, right?”

“Yep,” Shunsui gave his nephew a flat look. “You’ll have to take care of Karakura while you’re in the human world, Ichigo. According to the Twelfth Division, Karakura has the necessary concentration of souls and spiritual power to create the Ouken, which means that Aizen will be attacking it. If Aizen manages to create the Ouken, the entirety of Karakura will be obliterated in the process. This information isn’t public yet, but I’m fairly sure that Yama-jiji will be telling you this at a later meeting.”

“But if Aizen creates the Ouken, and Karakura is obliterated because of it… The human government is going to go nuts, assuming that either Japan is creating some super weapon, or Karakura was attacked by some country opposing the unification because its home to the Japanese Foreign Minister and her son!” Ichigo muttered. “The possibility of another war being started because of a completely unrelated incident is extremely high. I doubt even mom’s influence could stop other countries from declaring war if that were the case…”

“Which is why we’re telling you this before Yamamoto-sotaichou gets the chance,” Isshin said, entering the room. “A lot is riding on you this time, Ichigo, not just the unification process, but also making sure that Karakura can survive the following war.”

Ichigo nodded. “So, where is the Elder? I thought that if this was so important, they’d be here at the set time.”

Shunsui chuckled. “He’ll be here soon. Give the old man a break.”

Ichigo crossed his arms and muttered something along the lines of being old not being an acceptable reason for being late.

“Now, now,” Isshin said lightly, “The only reason why you’re still a Representative Shinigami instead of a fully fledged shinigami in the Gotei 13 is because you were late for a meeting, so don’t complain.”

“That was completely different,” Ichigo snorted. “It wasn’t like I could have shunpoed to the meeting once the car broke down.”

The three sat in silence after that, occasionally sipping from cups of tea as they watched sakura petals drift through the air through the open door leading into the garden. Ten minutes passed and another door opened.

“Forgive my tardiness,” an aged voice said. “I trust you were not waiting long?”

The three turned and nodded at the old man who stepped into the room.

“Not at all, Elder,” Isshin said.

“Good afternoon, Elder,” Shunsui said, his voice taking on a teasing lilt.

“Good afternoon,” Ichigo inclined his head respectfully, his face carefully blank and his tone inflectionless as his posture stiffened.

“Ah,” the Elder breathed, “You must be Ichigo-kun.”

“I am.”

The Elder nodded and knelt on one of the cushions as a servant set a cup in front of him. “I’m glad to finally meet you, Ichigo-kun.”

“Likewise.”

“Come, child,” a wrinkled hand waved away the stiff formality of the teen, “there is no need to imitate the Kuchiki Heir. We are all family here.”

“As you wish,” Ichigo’s tone and face never changed though his shoulders and his grip on his reiatsu relaxed slightly.

The Elder chuckled and turned to Isshin, “He reminds me of you before you left to marry that woman of yours, Isshin-kun.”

“Ichigo is Masaki’s and my pride and joy,” Isshin said, “Ichigo and his two sisters, Karin and Yuzu have filled our days with much light and laughter.”

“And I suppose the boy takes after his mother, if his political exploits are any indication,” the Elder chuckled. “But on to business then.” The old man turned to Ichigo. “Ichigo-kun, you are aware of your status in this family, right?”

“At father’s and Shihouin-san’s insistence, I studied on it during my stay in the Fourth Division Hospice after my initial entry to Seireitei,” Ichigo answered.

The Elder nodded. “Then you are aware that as the son of the third son, that there is very little left for you? At best, you can claim some influence as a member of House Kyouraku, but near everything else is controlled by our Clan Head, except, if you, like Isshin-kun and Shunsui-kun were to join the Gotei 13.”

“I am well aware of what my position in the Clan entails,” Ichigo responded.

The Elder nodded again. “Yes, I would expect nothing less from one with an upbringing such as your own. However, Ichigo-kun, you possess much more influence than the Clan Head at the moment.”

Ichigo’s eyes widened minutely at the declaration and his reiatsu reflected confusion. “I’m afraid I don’t understand.”

The Elder sighed. “The Council 46 is in awe of you because you spoke well enough to stop Tousen Kaname (who, might I add, is well known for his obstinacy and refusal to deviate from his original intentions once his mind is made up) from defecting, thus depriving Aizen of an ally. You have the support of almost the entirety of the Captains of the Gotei 13, and the support of House Shihouin, House Shiba, House Ukitake, and House Kuchiki, as well as the obvious support of House Kyouraku. Your mother is a powerful politician in the human world, and you proved yourself as a capable politician while serving in your mother’s place while she recovered from her injuries. You are capable of convincing a Quincy to accompany you to rescue a shinigami. You can even fight on an even footing with a captain level shinigami. You have much more power and influence than even the Clan Head because of this, and so you have become a very desirable commodity to the Noble Houses.” There was a brief silence as the Elder took a drink and as the cup was set back down, the Elder continued, “However, despite all of this, your inheritance will be small at best. As such, the Elders of House Kyouraku have decided that the best way to ensure your future is by creating an alliance between House Kyouraku and another Noble House. That is, if you do not intend to, in the future, create a new Noble House under the name Kurosaki. And if that were the case, House Kyouraku would support you of course; you are, after all, one of our children.”

Ichigo’s posture stiffened again as his eyes narrowed slightly and his face blanked and he tightened his grip on his reiatsu. The Elder couldn’t help but admire the cloak of impassivity and dignity that the boy could wrap around himself at a moment’s notice. The boy was truly worthy of his status in Seireitei it seemed.

“Am I to assume, then,” Ichigo said slowly, his voice and face betraying nothing, “that the Elders of House Kyouraku have already arranged for my betrothal?”

The Elder nodded. “Yes. It was surprisingly easy to gain the assent of the Elders of that particular Noble House to push the engagement through. I wasn’t joking when I said that the Nobility of Seireitei truly desires to have you in their respective Houses.”

“May I inquire as to the identity of this person, Elder?”

“Certainly!” the Elder chirruped, his eyes lighting up in pleasure. “Up until recently, an alliance with this particular House was extremely difficult to gain, but with you, Ichigo-kun, the Elders of that House agreed quite readily! There is no doubt in my mind that the Heir of House Kuchiki will take good care of you.”

“Wait, WHAT!!!” the careful mask of control shattered and Ichigo was on his feet, his reiatsu fluctuating wildly. “You did NOT just say House Kuchiki!”

The Elder stared at the boy. “I thought you would be pleased, child, especially since you seem so close to the members of House Kuchiki.”

((In the background, Isshin sighed. “Well, there went all that carefully crafted control. And he was doing so well too.” Shunsui nodded in agreement.))

“Are you insane?!” Ichigo yelled. “We’d kill each other before the night is up!”

The Elder said carefully, “Now, I’m sure you’re just exaggerating. Control yourself, child.”

Ichigo stiffened, took a deep breath, and reeled in his reiatsu, and knelt back down. The tensing of the skin around his eyes were the only indication of his feelings. “My apologies,” he said between clenched teeth.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kuchiki Byakuya was on his way down to the tea room in the Kuchiki Estate to meet with the Kuchiki Elders for some reason that was as yet, to him at least, unknown, when a sudden blast of angered reiatsu crashed over his senses. Almost as quickly as the reiatsu had appeared, it vanished. He stopped and turned slightly in the direction toward which the Kyouraku Estate lay, wondering what could have caused the owner of that particular reiatsu’s anger. His shoulders shifted imperceptibly, the closest to a shrug that would come from Kuchiki Byakuya. Well, whatever it was, if the teen could regain control of himself that quickly, then it was probably nothing to be worried about. Byakuya kept right on walking.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The atmosphere in the Kuchiki Estate’s Tea Room was calm and the silence was only broken by the quiet rustling of fabric, the swirling of liquid, the quiet noises of objects being picked up and set down, and the sound of a whisk through liquid. The tea ceremony was completed with the grace and precision that was the expected norm for the members of House Kuchiki, and as Elder and Heir partook of the green tea and sweets, for the time, there was only silence, tinged with the barest hint of apprehension, expectancy, and dry, icy formality.

“Byakuya-dono,” the Kuchiki Elder who was representing the entirety of the House Kuchiki’s Elder Council intoned, “We of the Kuchiki Elder Council have decided it is time for you to remarry for the honor of the House.”

Byakuya took a sip of his tea, his face unchanging.

“As such, we have decided to form an alliance with House Kyouraku.”

Now Byakuya was confused, though he showed none of it. He thought that House Kyouraku had no daughters? No, wait, Senbonzakura reminded him that there were two of them, young, very much so, and just out of childhood and entering that awkward time during which they were neither children nor women, but daughters of the House Kyouraku still, both hidden in the human world. Surely the Elders did not intend to marry him to mere children?

“In one week’s time,” the Elder continued, “You will have formally proposed and bound this engagement, and in two month’s time, you will marry the firstborn child of the third son of the House Kyouraku, one Kurosaki Ichigo.”

Byakuya couldn’t help it. He choked on his tea.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If nothing else, for the next few days after the surprising, and admittedly very welcome, news of Kurosaki Ichigo’s survival of the blast that killed twenty-one other delegates, and the war that had only been barely averted as a result, and the news that House Kyouraku and House Kuchiki had agreed on an alliance to be sealed by marriage, the Sixth Division Captain and the Substitute Shinigami had gone out of their way to avoid each other. A day before the week ended, the two sucked it up, and arranged to meet in a tea house in Rokungai, and with Ukitake Jyuushirou, Kyouraku Shunsui, Kurosaki Isshin, and Kuchiki Rukia as witnesses, Byakuya and Ichigo went through the motions of a formal engagement.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A month later, the Senkaimon was opened, and Isshin escorted his wife and two daughters into Soul Society in preparation for the wedding. The Captain-Commander of the Gotei 13 even lifted temporarily, the exile on Urahara Kisuke so he could attend his one time student’s wedding.

Ichigo had never been more mortified in his entire life.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The day after the wedding, Ichigo and Isshin escorted Masaki, Yuzu, and Karin back to the human world. Ichigo resumed school and seeing to the business he had inherited from his mother while simultaneously taking care of his sisters while Masaki traveled the world, working her political magic, and Isshin returned to Seireitei to run the Fifth Division.

Three days after the wedding, the original advance squad of Shinigami, plus one, entered to the living world. When Ichigo saw who was with them, he just barely managed to resist the urge to pound his head on a wall, for who had stepped through the Senkaimon as a member of the advanced squad, then his husband, one Kuchiki Byakuya.

The deathberry decided that it was the last straw when a giggling Rukia, Yuzu and Karin locked them together in the guestroom that he had prepared for Byakuya, and found on top of the dresser all the condiments necessary (and unnecessary in his own opinion) for a night between lovers.

But then again, Ichigo thought, when Byakuya proved extremely adept at calming and distracting his husband, perhaps things weren’t that bad. Even if they would have to put up with the teasing from the others the next morning.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Owari

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

SanadaSayuri: --Sigh–Well, there you have it! We have reached the end of BLEACHed Blitzkrieg. And no! There won’t be any sequel, unless Deragonmaji wants to go through all the shit that’s happened up till now what with all the additions and changes that will have to be made to accommodate what’s been going on thus far?

Deragonmaji: First off, I would like to thank you all for reading! -bows- I wouldn't mind writing a sequel. It might take a bit to write it completely as to include all the changes as SanadaSayuri has said above. Whatever, we'll work it out. ^^ Feedback?

SanadaSayuri & Deragonmaji: Thanks for reading this fic! We really appreciate it! COMMENTS ARE WONDERFUL!! :D