Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Mistaken Identity ❯ Confusion and doubts ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I till don't own bleach. Kubo Tite is still the righfull owner. Coz if I had owned bleach Ichigo and Rukia would have already been together by now.
 
Apparently there are still some things that could shock our little (figuratively) princess.
:>
 
Chapter three
 
“I won't let the name of my future wife be used and besmirched by the likes of you midget!”
 
…………
“WHAT!”
 
Rukia almost lost her footing. She stared at him, eyes bulging, open mouthed, while all the blood seemed to drain from her face.
 
His future wife? Future wife? FUTURE WIFE?????
 
Now Ishida was sure she was turning blue and purple in the face. Ichigo on the other hand looked smug.
 
He! One point to Ichigo he thought!
 
Surely nii-sama would never consider him as a candidate for her hand. Surely not!
 
A light tap on the shoulder brought her back to reality. But she was still too shocked to move.
 
“Its okay, and its free to breathe, you know” Ishida whispered to her.
 
“Oi Ishida, lets go man. Leave that loony behind. We've done enough tonight. Come on.”
 
“Goodbye my lady” Ishida said while bowing down. Rukia didn't like the look he gave her. It's as if he knows the truth. As if he knows anout her real identity and is just playing with her in this farce. Good thing that the orange haired gaki did not notice the many slip ups she had while talking to them. That she was sure of. But Ishida, he looks as if he really knows.
 
Baka! Baka! How she have been careless, saying that she was the princess. I should never had let that freak taunt me like that. I usually have more control than that. I'm a Kuchiki and Kuchiki's never loose control.
 
A cold breeze woke her up from her musings, and noticed that it was really dark. Inuoe must be really worried now. Got to find that panel and get back before she raises the alarm.
 
………………..
Inside the palace.
 
“Inoue do stop wringing you hand like that. It's no use worrying yourself to death. The princess knows how to defend herself. She is one of the best female warriors that we have. She'll be okay” He held her hand while talking to stop Inoue from doing those repetitive gestures.
 
“ But Ulquiorra, she's our princess, she is not one of our warriors! She shouldn't be out there! Oh Kami it's all my fault! I should never have allowed her. But I really feel for her, she's been confined here all her life! She was so lonely you see. Still I should never have allowed her to leave. What if something bad happens to her? How will I explain that to the prince?” tears were brimming in her eyes.
 
Ulquiorra pulled her towards him and laced his arms around her waist. “sshhh… she'll be back.” He said while running his hand in her back.
 
Inoue rested her head in his warm chest. Comfort, he was comforting her.
 
“Say what, if she's still not here after 30 minutes I'll go out with some guards and look for the princess.”
 
“Really? You'd do that? Thank you Uquiorra” she smiled shyly
 
“ Oh, but pls don't alert the other royal guards. Specially Sir Gin.. You know how loyal he is to the prince! If he finds out that the princess is missing I would get into trouble.” She added hastily
 
Then the door creaked open and Rukia came in. Still looking stunned and very much preoccupied. See didn't even notice how the two suddenly broke apart, both blushing furiously.
 
Inoue rushed to the princess side helping her remove the heavy cloak.
“Oh, my lady! Where have you been? I was so worried! I thought something bad has happened to you! You've been gone for hours! And it was already dark. I was really worried.”
 
Still Rukia has not spoken. Still very much in shock from what she has heard earlier.
Nii-sama would never do that. She repeated over and over again in her head. He may be cold at times but surely he won't allow me to marry a freak like that Ichigo guy! No surely nii-sama definitely won't do that Rukia kept on telling herself.
 
“Princess” Ulquiorra's stern voice finally got through Rukia and she suddenly realized that she was already inside her chamber and that both Ulquiorra and Inoue was looking at her both in different degrees of anger and exasperation.
 
Certain that he got Rukia's attention “The next time that you disobey the palace rules and went out on your own, again, I will personally report it to the prince.”
 
“Ulquiorra!” Inoue gasped but he silenced her with a stare.
 
“I do hope I am making myself clear to you Princess” He said quietly but there was no mistaking his seriousness.
 
Rukia looked at him, with a dead serious expression in her face, “Tell me Ulqui…”
 
“My name is Ulquiorra Princess, pls try to remember” he said against clenched teeth.
 
“Say Ulqui…” Rukia said again as if not hearing what the fourth strongest and scariest royal guard has just said.
 
Urgh! He thought, there is absolutely no getting through to this girl.
 
“ano.. what are the rules about marrying off a princess? I mean, I know that it's tradition for the princess to marry at the age of 19 and not later, but what would be nii-sama's criteria for choosing my husband?” Rukia asked looking straight into Ulquiorra's eyes. Her big blue-indigo eyes pleaded with his
 
Inoue who misunderstood the whole situation turned to Ulquiorra, both hands on her hips. “What is the meaning of this Ulqui? Is the princess gonna be married off to someone? Why didn't you tell me?” she said accusingly.
 
His fists clenched and unclenched. Grating his teeth together he said once again “It's Ulquiorra” but he said it more softly to Inoue
 
“And to answer you Inoue, no I have no idea that the princess will be getting married soon. Actually if you ask me, I don't think that the prince is willing to give our princess away in matrimony to anyone. Last time I asked he just told me that no one was worthy enough.”
 
Then he turned his stare at the silent princes who actually looked liked she found something worthy to stare at on the hem of her gown.
 
“Princess, the usual tradition dictates that the princess' be married to someone of noble lineage also. He has got to be wealthy. He's actually supposed to be wealthier than his bride. And he has to prove to everyone that he is worthy of the princess, in your case you, and that he can protect you and the new kingdom that he would build for his bride”
 
“And how would he or who ever that is would do that Ulqui?” she asked quietly
 
A vein was now actually ticking in Ulquiorra's temple.
 
Princess…noble…must not smack…princess…noble…must not smack, his brain chanted.
 
But his voice remained calm as he answered.
 
“To prove that he is worthy of you princess he must win in at least 3 battles out of five against the 5 strongest royal guards. After that he should be able to win against your brother in an actual battle also.”
 
“Oh… I see…” She was starting to feel better by hearing what ulqui has said “ I… I'think I'll rest now. Thank you Ulqui.” She smiled, stood and went inside the inner sanctum of her chamber.
 
“I hope that answers your question princess.” He bowed as the princess stood up and left. Telling himself that he should depart now, while he still has some fringes of control remaining, lest he forgets himself and smacks the princess in the head for calling him Ulqui again and again. He cringed, I really hate that nickname!
 
Ok so I'm safe from that orange haired freak Rukia thought. Definitely doesn't look like noble. A street rat would be a more apt term. And more importantly, he has to beat her brother in a fight! Now, that, she knew would be impossible. No one could possibly beat her brother. As her eyes flutters to close she feels much more reassured.
 
Inoue looked at her charge. Something was wrong. She seems worried. What has happened? And why was she asking about marriage? Surely it would be the prince's responsibility to choose an acceptable husband candidate for her. And her 19 th birthday isn't due till a couple more months, 8 months exactly.
 
Truth be told she should be the one worrying about marriage. She's turning 20 tomorrow and yet she's still not married. She's practically considered an old maid!
 
“Oh!” Inoue said suddenly. Eyes going round, mouth agape. What if our princess has fallen in love? Maybe that's it! She has fallen in love with someone! Hmmm… I wonder with whom?
 
“Ohhhhh….” She said again This is bad! Maybe she fell in love with someone unsuitable! Maybe that's why she was asking about the `how' of choosing a husband!
 
I will not let that happen! As her personal companion it's my duty to make sure that her marriage is a success. Someone from a very noble lineage. Who ever it is that has overstepped their boundaries would personally answer to me! Right, they would surely answer to me. I will lead the princess back to the right path!
 
“ I vow princess, that as long as I'm here, you will be kept safe.” Inoue said softly but with much conviction to the sleeping princess.
 
NOTE: reviews are still so much welcome and appreciated.