InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood & Tears ❯ Discussions & Revelations ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the anime/manga characters. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi and Sunrise.
 
 
Blood & Tears
 
 
Chapter 3: Discussions & Revelations (Warning: Chapter contains Lime)
  
 
Sesshomaru found himself in an odd position. He did not really care for humans, but first he had saved Kagome and started her on her path to recovery and now, here he was, sitting in the floor eating a bowl of rabbit stew with the old miko.
 
They had been eating in silence when Sesshomaru finally asked, “How is it that you know my brother and his miko?”
 
Kaede looked at him thoughtfully as she replied, “InuYasha was pinned to the Goshinboku by my sister, and Kagome is my sister's reincarnation. Do you not know the story?”
 
The Demon Lord shook his head. “This Sesshomaru has had few words with his brother.”
 
Kaede thought that was something of an understatement. “Would you like me to tell you?”
 
Sesshomaru nodded - he had started to wonder how his brother was pinned to the tree and then released from an enchanted sleep that was supposed to last forever. He settled in as Kaede started from the beginning.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Mama Higurashi and InuYasha arrived back at the shrine and went quietly into the house. Kagome was right; he did need to get some sleep. InuYasha went soundlessly up the stairs and into her bedroom. InuYasha curled up with Tessaiga on the bed and breathed in the scent of Kagome that filled the room. He drifted off to sleep clutching her pillow to his face.
 
InuYasha woke to the smell of breakfast cooking. He went downstairs to find everyone else already at the table.
 
“InuYasha, what are you doing here! Where's Kagome?” Souta asked. He knew they weren't usually far apart.
 
InuYasha looked at Mama to respond, “Honey, Kagome was hurt. We had to take her to the hospital last night.”
 
“Hospital!” Souta and Grandpa said together.
 
“Yes. They wanted to keep her for observation overnight. They are supposed to release her today,” Mama answered. She was not about to tell them how she was hurt and continued, “She was injured in a fight. I don't want you two pestering her and asking questions when she gets home, do you understand?” Mama looked very pointedly at both Souta and Grandpa.
 
InuYasha had remained silent. He felt badly about the entire ordeal, still feeling it was his fault.
 
Souta finished his breakfast and went on to school, and Grandpa went out to tend to his shrine duties. Mama sat back down across the table from InuYasha. Usually he was ravenous, but he was picking at his food.
 
“InuYasha, what's wrong?” Mama asked him gently.
 
“I…I just feel that this was my fault,” InuYasha replied. “I should have been able to protect her. I should have known something was wrong.”
 
“InuYasha, how many times have you worked with Kouga in one way or another?” Mama asked.
 
“I…I don't know. A bunch while we were battling Naraku,” InuYasha answered.
 
“How could you possibly have known that he was going to do what he did?”
 
“I…I don't know. I just should have.”
 
“You worked with him against Naraku; I know you saved his life more than once. He must be a despicable creature to do what he did to you both. If he brought fifty of his pack with him, then he knew he could not beat you without stacking the deck and cheating. It is even harder to believe he would proclaim his love for my daughter and then do something like that to her.”
 
InuYasha looked up. “I thought the same thing. How could anyone do something like that to someone they loved? And the things he said to her were…were horrible. But I…I …failed Kagome. We would have died if Sesshomaru had not come when he did.”
 
“InuYasha, try not to dwell on that. Try to remember all of the times you did save her, not the one time where you were tricked and attacked with such overwhelming odds by someone you thought you could trust. Focus on taking care of her and helping her recover, not what could have happened. Your brother did come along, and you are both alive because of it. You need to stop blaming yourselves.”
 
InuYasha was looking at the floor again. “That's what Sesshomaru says. He said what they did was inexcusable and dishonorable.”
 
“I agree with your brother. I want you to try to help Kagome heal. Make her happy, okay?” Mama said.
 
“Keh.”
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Sesshomaru sat in silence and interrupted very few times as Kaede told him the story of InuYasha, Kikyou, and Kagome. He had never before understood why the walking undead had been so resentful of the other two or what InuYasha's relationship had been with her. It was also amazing that her reincarnation could be so different. It had been clear to Sesshomaru for some time that Kagome truly accepted InuYasha as he was - something he himself had difficulty with. The old miko had given him a lot to think about.
 
He nodded his thanks to Kaede as he silently stood and glided out of the hut to disappear into the trees. He would wait near the well so he would be alerted when they returned.
 
Sesshomaru found himself at the base of the Goshinboku. After running his hand over the area where InuYasha had been sealed for fifty years, he sank down at the base and drifted off to sleep.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Mama Higurashi took InuYasha to the hospital with her to stay with Kagome until she was released. She looked much better when they arrived. Some of her color had started to come back to her face, and she was more chipper than the night before. The only thing she was complaining about was the fact she was hungry - a liquid diet didn't do much to fill an empty belly.
 
At the hospital's insistence, she was taken to the entrance in a wheelchair. At InuYasha's insistence, she was carried to the car in his arms. He set her carefully in the back seat on the funny donut-shaped pillow they had provided, and then climbed in on the other side beside her.
 
They rode home mostly in silence, other than Mama telling them she would take them home and help Kagome get comfortable. Mama then planned to go to the market to pick up the items on the list the dietician had given to her for Kagome's sustenance the next ten days as well as her prescribed antibiotics. InuYasha had picked up the hand that was nearest him and was gently stroking it as Mama talked.
 
After they reached the shrine InuYasha went around the car to help Kagome out. Once again he picked her up to carry her into the house. Mama reached in and grabbed the `donut' to carry in with them.
 
InuYasha first carried Kagome up to her bedroom. She wanted a change of clothes since she had still been wearing the same thing she had come home from the past in. The nurse at the hospital had helped her take a shower, so she was at least feeling cleaner. InuYasha helped her gingerly out of the t-shirt and sweats she had been wearing. Before she dressed again he checked the worst of her cuts. The hospital had left them mostly uncovered because they were healing well, and the deeper ones needed to be left alone so they could drain as they healed from the inside-out.
 
Mama had come upstairs to check on them to see if Kagome needed any help and to tell them she was about ready to go to the market. The sight that met her when she opened the bedroom door completely stunned her. There was her daughter, standing totally nude in front of InuYasha, who was licking the worst cuts on her back. Mama could see the gentleness of his touch. He wasn't trying to fondle her or do anything else other than trying to help the seeping cuts heal. Kagome had her eyes closed as he checked her over. Mama could see the complete confidence her daughter had in the hanyou.
 
InuYasha stopped when he realized that Mama had come in. He was concentrating so hard on Kagome's wounds that he missed it when she first walked in. Kagome opened her eyes when he stopped and saw her mother. She figured they were in trouble.
 
Mama Higurashi stood there wide-eyed…she wasn't really sure what to say.
 
Kagome broke the silence. “It's okay, Mama. He has been tending to me like this for over a week - well, him and his brother. I would have bled to death if they had not. The wolf demons tore my clothes before they started on my body. I looked like I had been run through a paper shredder. There was no water near where we were for them to clean me. I think I told you that Sesshomaru worked on me until InuYasha was well enough. He took over because his saliva was stronger and helped me heal faster. It's also the reason I'm healing with so few scars. Apparently at one point they tried to dress me, but that opened the wounds up and they started bleeding again. So basically, I've been naked in front of them for more than a week. They didn't do anything to harm me, or anything I didn't want them to do. InuYasha will never hurt me nor take advantage of me. Neither would his brother.”
 
Mama had sunk onto the bed while Kagome explained all this. Finally she said, “May I see?”
 
InuYasha stood aside as Mama looked over the area he had been working at on her back. Mama had seen the slashes the night before at the hospital, and was amazed at how much better they already were.
 
“You mean this is all due to your saliva?” Mama asked curiously.
 
“Keh.”
 
“This is amazing. Too bad you can't market it,” Mama said as she left the room and closed the door behind her.
 
Mama Higurashi was still stunned at the sight she had witnessed. She now understood why Kagome had such faith in InuYasha. She also couldn't believe that a mature male like InuYasha could carry out such an act without any sexual overtures. Either he did not care for her daughter at all, or he cared for her so much he would do anything for her and expect nothing in return. She suspected it was the later. Pondering all of this, she left for the market and pharmacy.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Kagome and InuYasha both breathed a sigh of relief. Kagome thought her mother would be furious at her for standing totally naked, alone, in front of InuYasha. She was glad they weren't doing anything more than him tending the areas that were taking the longest to heal. She had badly wanted to turn around and kiss him.
 
Once InuYasha was satisfied with her progress, he helped Kagome into another pair of sweats and oversized t-shirt. She still didn't want any underwear because it was too binding. When Kagome was dressed, InuYasha carried her down the stairs and placed her on the couch, her `donut' underneath her. He then went and found a blanket to throw over her.
 
When Mama arrived back home she found them both on the couch. InuYasha was sitting at the end with Kagome's head in his lap. He was absentmindedly stroking her hair as they watched the television. Well, it looked like he was staring at the TV; it appeared that Kagome had fallen asleep. Mama smiled and went back to the kitchen. She wondered which of the many flavors of “Jell-O” and broth she should prepare for Kagome. It was going to be a long ten days if this was practically all Kagome could eat. She had also picked up different flavors of some of those sports drinks. They had calories in them as well as electrolytes that would help her body regain its balance.
 
  
InuYasha had probably been on the couch for an hour or so after Mama had returned when he decided he really should go back and tell Sesshomaru what was going on. He carefully lifted Kagome's head as he stood and grabbed a pillow to put under her in place of his lap. Mission accomplished, he went quietly in the kitchen to see her mother.
 
Mama Higurashi was studying several brightly colored boxes when he came in. He tapped on the doorframe as he came through to warn her he was there. When Mama looked up at him he said, “I need to go and let my brother know what has happened, and how long we will be. He is probably waiting by the well for me. How long do you think it will be before Kagome is well enough to travel back again?”
 
Mama looked at him as she considered what he asked. “Kagome has to stay on a liquid diet for ten days, and then they estimate another three to four days to adjust her back to solid foods. I would say at least two weeks.”
 
“Keh. If she wakes, tell her where I went and that I'll be back.” InuYasha left silently as he headed back to the well.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Sesshomaru realized immediately when InuYasha returned alone. He could both feel his presence and smell him. He went to the well to find InuYasha waiting.
 
InuYasha already knew what he was going to ask. “Some of tears on the inside reopened. They had healed pretty well at first because she wasn't eating much but only drinking water. When she started eating more real food again, it caused the bleeding to start again when she had to relieve herself.”
 
Mama had explained that part to him after he told her what had happened the first few days, and the fact Kagome was mostly asleep except to drink and eat a little when she woke up.
 
Sesshomaru nodded his understanding so InuYasha continued, “They had to put her on something called a liquid diet. She can't have any solid foods for at least ten days. She will have to stay at home while she recovers. Once her body has had a chance to heal, then it will take three or four days for her to gradually start to eat again. It will be too much of a shock to go back on her regular foods right away.”
 
Mama had explained that to him as well.
 
Sesshomaru looked contemplatively at his brother. “So it will be at least fourteen days before she is well enough to return.”
 
“Keh.”
 
“InuYasha.”
 
InuYasha looked up. He had been staring at the ground.
 
“You need to stop blaming yourself for this. It was not your fault. It was not her fault. It was the wolf demon's fault and no other,” Sesshomaru said quietly.
 
“It…it's just I've never failed her before, not like this. We would both be dead if you had not come.” InuYasha's ears were flattened to his head as he stared at the ground again.
 
“InuYasha, look at me.”
 
When InuYasha looked up again Sesshomaru continued, “You had no reason to think anything other than Kouga and his pack were your allies. You have only ever acted honorably regarding him. You could have left him to die more than once but you saved him instead. No one with any honor would ever have expected the deceit that he showed you and your miko. You may be a hanyou, but you have shown honor and bravery in situations that would have sent many full demons running in fear. I am no longer ashamed that you are my brother.”
 
InuYasha just stared at Sesshomaru; he could not believe what he was hearing. However, he didn't say anything so Sesshomaru continued, “Why have you not taken the miko as your mate? It has been obvious for some time how you feel about each other.”
 
InuYasha was looking at the ground again, his ears once again disappearing they were so plastered to his skull. “I…I never thought I deserved her. I'm just a filthy hanyou. She is beautiful and kind and too good for me. Even when I did think about it, I would remember the names my mother was called because of me. I couldn't put her through that.”
 
“That was not all, was it?” he heard his brother inquire.
 
InuYasha shook his head. “I was not exactly sure of the circumstances, but I knew you could claim Kagome if you wanted to once I had taken her as my mate. That…that you could kill her if she did not please you or…or meet expectations. I knew you didn't care for humans and blamed my mother for our father's death. I…I was…afraid…”
 
“You were afraid that because she is human, I would have automatically slain her as unworthy,” Sesshomaru finished for him.
 
“Keh.”
 
“InuYasha, look at me.” He continued when he had InuYasha's attention again, “That may have been true at one time, but it is not any more. It is clear the miko loves you for who you are. She has accepted you completely without question. She also showed complete trust in me to heal the two of you when you were so grievously injured. What surprised me was her need to return the pleasure we had shown her. She did not have to do that. I think it was part of her complete trust in the two of us.
 
"I will not violate that trust. I will not harm her. Due to the circumstances of her rape, I will have to be present to watch when you do take her as your mate to make certain that she is not forced. I will only participate if either of you need help, or if you want me to also mark her so there will never be a claim by another. Unfortunately, Kouga is not the only demon out there that will not respect the mark of a hanyou. My mark will ensure no other ever touches her. To make it clear that you are truly her mate, she will mark only you in return. You are the one she would be bound to.”
 
InuYasha was trying to process every thing that Sesshomaru was telling him. He was no longer ashamed InuYasha was his brother. He no longer harbored any ill will towards Kagome. He would claim and mark Kagome only if they wanted him to, but if he did, no one would ever dare lay a hand on her. It was a lot to think about.
 
“Keh. I'll discuss it with her. She already told me that she could do as you asked after everything you have done for us. She would willingly submit to you if necessary. We should have some time. It will take time for her to heal, and I don't know when she will really be ready after what happened to her. She has nightmares from it,” InuYasha replied.
 
“I know, she started having them before she had even truly regained consciousness. It must be difficult on someone so trusting to be violated so brutally. Return to her and stay until she is ready to come back. I will come back to this well in fourteen days to check on her progress. Think about what you have learned.” With that, Sesshomaru retrieved Ah-Uhn's harness and bridles and went in search of his dragon. He had matters to tend to at home.
 
 
InuYasha was still sitting by the well thinking about everything they had discussed when he realized Kaede was approaching. He looked up as she came toward him.
 
“InuYasha, what news do you have of Kagome?” Kaede asked.
 
“How…how did you know?” He asked.
 
“Your brother told me,” was Kaede's reply.
 
“You talked to Sesshomaru?” InuYasha couldn't believe it.
 
“Yes, he was hungry so I fed him.”
 
“Keh?” This was becoming more unbelievable by the second.
 
“He told me that Kagome had been attacked by Kouga, and you had to take her home for care. What happened?” Kaede asked.
 
InuYasha told Kaede how Kouga had approached the same as he always did but then attacked both of them with the aid of his pack. How he had violated Kagome and hurt her badly. How InuYasha had been unable to save her but Sesshomaru had arrived.
 
Kaede could tell he was still blaming himself. “InuYasha, you must stop blaming yourself. This is no one's fault but Kouga's and it sounds like he paid dearly for his assault.”
 
“That's what everyone keeps telling me, but I can't help but to feel at blame.” InuYasha was boring a hole into the ground now.
 
“InuYasha, you must move forward. You must help Kagome to heal. You cannot do that if you are still blaming yourself for something you had no control over. Kagome was not expecting such an attack any more than you were. I know she does not blame you,” Kaede told him.
 
“You're right, she was blaming herself, but it wasn't her fault either,” he said as he started thinking, `Maybe the only one at fault in this really was Kouga.'
 
InuYasha looked at Kaede again. “So Sesshomaru actually accepted food from you?”
 
“Aye. He was interested in how I knew you and Kagome,” she answered.
 
Uh-oh, that probably meant... “So you told him…”
 
“All about you, Kikyou and Kagome. I was surprised he knew so little. Well, maybe not - he did say you two had few words.”
 
 
InuYasha's head was pounding with all of the thoughts racing through it as he walked from the well house back to the house. He could not remember ever having so much to think about at one time. The most important was that Kagome was going to be okay and loved him. The next that Sesshomaru did not want either of them dead any more. Everything else paled in comparison, but InuYasha knew that is was all important in one way or another. He was lost in his thoughts when he entered the door and found his way back to the living room.
 
Kagome was still sleeping on the couch as he had left her. He picked her head up and replaced the pillow with his lap. InuYasha was once again absentmindedly stroking her hair as he thought about everything that had happened and the possibilities to come.
 
When she was better he would have to tell her what his brother had told him. She needed to know everything and the potential consequences. He was also wondering how much her mother would need to know. That could be awkward.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Kagome was healing well under her mother's and InuYasha's watchful eyes. Her mother had come to accept the fact that she could only sleep if InuYasha was there with her, tucked in with her in her bed.
 
The harsh reality came when her mother tried to get InuYasha to sleep in the guest room. Neither Kagome nor InuYasha wanted to displease her, so they had tried it. The screams from Kagome's nightmares had wakened the entire house and only InuYasha could soothe her frayed nerves. No more was said as InuYasha climbed into bed with Kagome, wearing the pajamas mama had provided for him. Her moans and whimpers would always alert him when nightmares tried to enter her dreams, and he would gently rub her abdomen to calm her. Usually she would roll over and clutch him, burying her head into his chest. He would stroke her hair until her breathing evened out and she drifted back into a more peaceful sleep.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Since InuYasha was going to be there for an extended time (well for InuYasha - he usually did not stay for more than a day or two), Mama and Kagome had taken him shopping a couple of days after her release from the hospital for some modern clothes and shoes. They dressed him in several pairs of loose fitting jeans and black pants and several different shirts for him to wear in public while he was there. They also picked up a couple of bandanas and a black ball-cap for him. They were even able to get him to agree to a pair of sandals. InuYasha would never be truly comfortable with anything on his feet, but at least the sandals didn't pinch his claws back into his toes like regular shoes did. Fortunately, it did not take too long since Kagome still tired easy. InuYasha had picked up on the signals right away and told her mother it was time to take her home.
 
Under Kagome's feeble protests, InuYasha carried her into the house and to the couch. Mama brought one of the sports drinks for her. Kagome took it and drank it all, handing the empty bottle back to her before she lay down on the couch. InuYasha sat down and pulled her head into his lap and was stroking her hair as she drifted asleep.
 
When Kagome woke from her nap, she opened her eyes to find beautiful amber ones looking down at her.
 
“What?” She said softly.
 
“You're just so beautiful,” He replied.
 
Kagome reached up and pulled InuYasha's face down to hers as she kissed him.
 
InuYasha finally had to pull away - they both needed air. He reached down and kissed her on her forehead as he stroked her hair.
 
“InuYasha, can we go outside for a bit? I need some fresh air,” She asked.
 
“Where to?”
 
“Where do you think?
 
“Goshinboku?”
 
Kagome nodded her answer so InuYasha helped her up and grabbed the donut-shaped pillow. He knew the bench would be too hard for her even though she was healing well. Kagome grabbed his free hand and led him outside.
 
When they reached the tree, InuYasha set the pillow down on the bench and Kagome sat on it and patted the bench indicating she wanted InuYasha to join her.
 
“Thank you for coming out with me. I really needed to get out of the house,” Kagome said, and then pulled him into another kiss.
 
InuYasha readily responded, wrapping his arms around her as their kiss deepened.
 
When they finally pulled apart, InuYasha asked, “Kagome, would you ever really want me as your mate? You know it wouldn't be easy.”
 
Kagome sighed and responded, “InuYasha, I love you and can't imagine ever wanting anyone else. What anyone else says would not matter as long as I knew you wanted me. Besides, anything worth having is never easy. But do you really want me after what's happened?”
 
“Fuck, Kagome. I've already told you that it wasn't your fault. There's a big difference between willingly giving yourself to someone and being forced like you were. It doesn't matter to me except that I want you to get well,” InuYasha replied.
 
“What about your brother? Are you still worried about him?” Kagome asked with concern.
 
“No…I saw him right after you came home from the hospital. I went back and told him what was happening and…well…we talked…”
 
Kagome looked at him, waiting for him to continue so he did. “Sesshomaru told me that he would not harm either of us. He said he would have to watch our mating because you had been raped to make sure you were not forced. He also would help if needed. Sesshomaru said that he would not take you and claim you unless we wanted him to. He will not force himself on you unless you are willing. He said that you would mark only me showing that I am your true mate, but if his mark is also on you, no other would ever dare touch you.”
 
Thinking about being watched and helped made Kagome blush. On the other hand, thinking about what the three of them had done together made her blush, too. She finally said, “What do you mean by `mark'?”
 
InuYasha answered, “When I take you, I have to bite down on your neck. The scar will turn into a mating mark. You in turn will do the same to me. If Sesshomaru claims you, you will bear both of our marks.”
 
“You mean Sesshomaru and I would have to…”
 
“Keh. Only if we want,” InuYasha said very quietly.
 
“What would be the benefits?” Kagome asked seriously.
 
“There are other demons like Kouga out there who would disregard my mark because I am a hanyou, but if Sesshomaru marks you, then no other demon would dare touch you. You wouldn't be just marked by a full demon - Sesshomaru is the Lord of the Western Lands. He would have the absolute authority to kill anyone who questioned his claim. He said if we chose to do this, he would not expect anything further from you. Just the one time to mark you,” InuYasha finished.
 
“What do you think?” Kagome questioned.
 
“I don't want to share you, but I never want anything like what happened to ever happen again.” InuYasha's ears were flat again.
 
Kagome leaned over and kissed him. “We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I have to get well first, anyway.”
 
“Keh.”
 
InuYasha wrapped his arms around her, kissed her again, and then they just sat there on the bench, in silence, enjoying each other's company.
 
InuYasha felt a shiver run through Kagome.
 
He stood up and took her hand. “Oi, wench. You're getting cold. We need to go in.”
 
Kagome reached up and kissed him on his lips before she replied, “Okay.” She grabbed her pillow before InuYasha led her back indoors.
 
 
They were back in the living room, but had reversed positions. Kagome wanted to sit up and watch TV, so she had InuYasha stretched out on the couch with his head in her lap. A gentle rumbling was coming from his chest as she rubbed his ears. He was about to drift off to sleep when…
 
“Mama, Kagome, I'm home…Guess who's with me?” yelled Souta as he came in the door.
 
“Fuck!” was all Kagome heard as InuYasha flew out of her lap and up the stairs. She knew why very quickly.
 
Apparently Souta had let it leak that Kagome was home and recuperating after being attacked. Her three friends from school were there. Oh shit - they had drug Hojo along, too. She really did not need this. Where was her mother? She knew InuYasha was already hiding in her room.
 
Kagome didn't even attempt to get up. She somewhat resented their unwanted intrusion, and was already missing the warmth of InuYasha's body and his furry ears.
 
“Kagome, how are you? Souta said you were attacked and staying at home because of it. What happened?” Of course it was Eri; she was always prying.
 
“I really don't want to talk about it,” Kagome was rather cool in her response.
 
“Did that overbearing guy who's been harassing you do this to you?” Eri continued.
 
Hojo was sitting there puzzled…what guy?
 
“Come on, you can tell us!” Eri insisted.
 
“I really don't wish to discuss it with you.” Kagome was starting to get irate.
 
Ayume said quietly, “Guys, she may not want to discuss this, why don't you drop it.”
 
Of course Eri thought she knew what was best. “You need to just drop the guy and go with Hojo. He's a much better boyfriend for you. He would never hurt you.”
 
Hojo was still wondering what's going on.
 
Yuki tried to tactfully change the subject, “Kagome, do you know when you might get to come back to school?”
 
Eri just couldn't let it drop. “Why don't you just dump the guy? He's got a bad attitude and he is overly possessive and you don't need him.”
 
That was the straw that broke the camel's back. “INUYASHA, GET DOWN HERE!” Kagome was mad.
 
InuYasha had covered his ears and came bounding down the stairs. He could hear the tension building, that and the fact that the stupid girl didn't know when to shut up.
 
Eri was sitting next to Kagome, and InuYasha and Kagome both gave her a glare making it clear that she needed to move. Eri was somewhat in shock when InuYasha sat down and Kagome grabbed his hand, pulling it into her lap.
 
This is InuYasha. He is my boyfriend. He is not the one who attacked me. He fought off the attackers and then he and his brother saved my life. He took care of me until Mama could take me to the hospital. He's been here helping take care of me ever since. I will not dump him. You do not know what is best for me. I'm sorry Hojo, but I never thought of you that way. InuYasha has been the only one for me since my fifteenth birthday when I first met him. I was afraid to hurt your feelings and Eri does not know when to stop meddling! Any other questions?” To emphasize what she had stated, she leaned over and kissed InuYasha. He blushed, but kissed her back. How could he not after that?
 
Eri and Hojo were stunned.
 
Ayume was smiling as she said, “I knew you loved him.”
 
Yuki just shook her head. She thought it was about time Eri got what was coming to her.
  
 
Mama Higurashi had come in just in time to hear Kagome's declaration. “Kagome has been through a lot and is still trying to recover. It is probably best if you go.” The tone of her voice made it clear they were to leave.
 
As they stood up and started out, Ayume leaned over and whispered in Kagome's ear, “He's hot…keep him.”
 
Kagome grinned, and InuYasha blushed. He could still hear under the bandana.
 
“Souta, get in here!” Kagome and InuYasha jumped. Mama was yelling?
 
“What did you tell those girls, and why did you tell them anything?” Mama asked Souta when he came into the living room.
 
“They…they kept asking me about Kagome and where she was. It just sort of slipped out. I didn't expect them to follow me home. Then I didn't think Kagome would mind,” Souta replied.
 
“Souta, if I told you and Grandpa not to ask her a lot of questions, do you really think I wanted her friends over here so they could bombard her?”
 
Souta hung his head. “I'm…I'm sorry. I didn't know they would be so mean.”
 
Mama hugged Souta as she replied, “Now maybe you understand. Kagome isn't ready to talk about this with anyone. And you do understand she can't exactly tell them she was attacked by a demon five hundred years in the past, right?”
 
“You're right Mama. I thought they would help cheer her up. I should have known better when they drug Hojo along, too.”
 
“Okay. Go up and start on your homework.” Mama gave him another hug and sent him upstairs.
 
Mama turned to look at Kagome and InuYasha.
 
Kagome started before Mama could. “I'm sorry, Mama. I didn't mean to get so mad. Eri just wouldn't quit telling me I needed to dump InuYasha for Hojo, and InuYasha wasn't down here to defend himself. Yuki and Ayume both tried to get her to change the topic, but she wouldn't quit. I was having such a nice peaceful afternoon before they barged in.”
 
Mama looked seriously at her daughter. “Kagome, it's okay. I can understand that you had to defend InuYasha against her attacks. I also understand that you are not ready to talk about what happened. I do hope you will let me know when you are, all right?”
 
“Okay, Mama.” Kagome sighed as her mother went back to the kitchen to start dinner.
 
Mama was actually glad that Kagome had cut the girls off before they did any real damage. Teenage girls just didn't understand how mean they could be sometimes. Then again, some of them did.
  
 
Souta was really quiet during dinner. He still felt badly for letting the girls and Hojo follow him home. Everyone ate in relative silence. When she was finished, Kagome said she was tired and was going up to her room. InuYasha excused himself and went with her.
 
Kagome closed the door and turned to InuYasha. “InuYasha, why haven't we done anything more since we got back?”
 
“What…what do you mean?” InuYasha asked though he had an idea.
 
Kagome reached up and kissed him. “I mean what we did before we came back - while we were in the cave.”
 
“You mean…when we…”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Kagome, you started bleeding again after that. I was afraid I would hurt you again,” InuYasha said softly.
 
“InuYasha, what we did wasn't what made me bleed. It was the fact I had started eating solid food before my body was ready for me to,” Kagome answered. She hadn't realized that had been the problem.
 
“Are you sure?” InuYasha asked.
 
“Yeah, I'm sure. All you did was made me feel good; you did nothing to hurt me.”
 
“I was also worried about your mother - you did tell her we hadn't done anything,” InuYasha said.
 
“No, what I told her was that you did not do anything I didn't want you to do.”
 
“Does that mean…”
 
“That I want to…yeah,” Kagome finished for him.
 
She locked the door before she wrapped her arms around him to kiss him.
 
InuYasha couldn't help but respond. This was a kiss that could not be denied. He parted his lips as she dove in with her tongue. Her arousal filled the room as she pressed into him. She reached down and found his shirttail and pulled it off in one swift motion over his head. Out of habit, he very carefully removed her t-shirt, and then turned her around to check her back.
 
Kagome giggled - she knew he couldn't help it. He had been checking her wounds at least twice every day to make sure they were all healing correctly.
 
“Oi, wench. I can't have you reopening any of these.” He licked her back in emphasis. There were a couple of cuts that they still needed to be mindful of but he reached around and played with her breasts, which he knew were now completely healed. It didn't take much for her nipples to become hard at his attentions. Kagome stood with her eyes closed to the sensations of his warm tongue on her back and his hands gently massaging her breasts.
 
Without stopping what InuYasha was doing, Kagome slid her sweats down and stepped out of them. She was now back in her familiar nude position standing in front of him. She had been waiting every time for him to do something more than clean her cuts. She had not thought about the fact that she had started bleeding again shortly after he had brought her such pleasure in the cave. He had no way of knowing it was strictly coincidence.
 
InuYasha was really starting to be overwhelmed by her arousal with the flimsy barrier of her sweats gone. He was kissing and nipping at her neck and shoulder while he continued to rub her breasts. Kagome finally turned to face him and drew him into another kiss before she went and lay on the bed.
 
InuYasha was pretty certain what she really wanted, and he couldn't deny her. He pulled her around so that her legs were hanging off of the bed. He lifted her knees up and draped them over his shoulders and went to work with his tongue. Hearing her moans from under the pillow she had pulled to her mouth, he added his fingers, and started experimenting to see what got the best response. He finally settled on driving in as hard and deep with his tongue as he could while he rubbed her clit and button with his thumb. She had her legs wrapped around his head by now and it felt like she was trying to pull his entire face inside her. InuYasha went harder and faster until she finally lifted her body off of the bed as it almost went into spasms. He eased up as the tremors subsided and the juices flowed out of her again. Kami, he loved the taste of her. He continued to lick until she finally released him and relaxed.
 
Kagome just sighed and looked at him. “You have too many clothes on. I preferred it when you slept with me nude.”
 
InuYasha leaned over and kissed her. “Keh. Does your mother know that?”
 
Kagome just kissed him again. “You still have too many clothes on.”
 
InuYasha complied and took off the rest of his clothing. Standing before her naked he asked, “Happy now?”
 
“Very.” Before he knew it she was on her knees and had engulfed him in her mouth. It didn't seem like it was any time at all before she was licking him clean, and InuYasha was sighing in contentment.
 
“Looks like you'd wanted to do that again, too,” Kagome said teasingly.
 
“Keh.”
 
“I need to take a shower before bed.” Kagome put on her robe, gathered her pajamas and went down the hall to the bathroom.
 
It seemed like no time at all Kagome was back. “Your turn. You need a shower, too.”
 
“Keh. You saying I smell?” InuYasha kissed her.
 
“After what we were doing, we both did,” Kagome replied.
 
“Keh.” InuYasha took the hint and followed suit.
 
InuYasha returned dressed in his pajamas. Kagome turned off the lights, pulled back the covers, and they climbed into bed. InuYasha pulled Kagome back into him as they drifted off to sleep.
 
 
To be continued…