InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood & Tears ❯ Love and Love Again ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I still do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. However, any original characters do belong to me.
 
Blood & Tears
 
 
Chapter 13: Love and Love Again (Warning: Lemons in chapter)
 
It was their second night on the road. Kichou had been given a lot to think about. Sesshomaru had told her everything. Apparently he felt the same way she did - if they were going to be mates, she should know as much as possible about him. Kichou did find out there were some boundaries, though. Sesshomaru still would not divulge to her any secrets about Kagome, things she was certain he knew. He had finely told her firmly that some secrets were not his to share and made it clear not to ask any more.
 
At first Kichou was upset, thinking Sesshomaru was hiding something - some secret longing for the miko, but then she compared what Kagome had allowed her to `see' to what the Demon Lord had told her and decided that wasn't it. There was something about the Miko he felt obligated to protect. Kichou decided that because the Great Lord had marked her as under his protection, and because he was honorable, he would not do anything to jeopardize Kagome. Kichou decided she needed to let it go. She would find out some day if she needed to know. In the meantime she would focus on the fact that Sesshomaru had finally told Kichou he wanted to take her as his mate.
 
Sesshomaru had divulged to her how he had considered the inheritance from his father, Tenseiga, useless until the day it saved his life and transported him away as InuYasha's Wind Scar enveloped him. The Demon Lord told her how that led up to Rin ending up by his side. Rin found Sesshomaru when he was injured and tried to help, even though he tried to scare her away, and she kept bringing the Demon Lord water and trying to find something he would eat since he told her he did not eat human food. The most shocking revelation, though, was the fact that the child had been killed and then was brought back to life by Tenseiga. Sesshomaru told Kichou how Tenseiga told him that it wanted to be drawn - how Sesshomaru discovered that day that Tenseiga wasn't just a useless sword that couldn't cut, but a sword that could give back life.
 
Kichou also finally had some understanding of why Sesshomaru had never acted on his interest in her. She could smell his attraction to her for a very long time and had tried to make it clear she felt the same way. She had never understood why he never came to her. At the very least, as Lord of the Western Lands, he would need to take a mate to produce an heir at some point.
 
Sesshomaru had explained to her how he had been angry with his father for dying, and blamed it on the fact he was protecting his chosen mate, a human, and their son. He had decided that taking a mate was a sign of weakness and continued to believe that until he started to see the changes in InuYasha transpire before him. Sesshomaru had always considered his half brother as weak - tainted by the human blood that ran through him. InuYasha should have never been capable of most of the feats that Sesshomaru knew his brother was responsible for. The Demon Lord had realized, and finally accepted, the fact that InuYasha's love of Kagome only made him more powerful. While InuYasha was strong before in her presence, taking the miko as his mate made him almost unstoppable. This was what finally made Sesshomaru start to realize what his father had tried to tell him - having someone to protect only makes you stronger and that was the way to true power.
 
Sesshomaru had even shared Midoriko's message to him when she appeared to the three of them. Kichou was stunned to find out what had transpired when the jewel was purified. While she knew that Sesshomaru had marked Kagome, she had been so focused on that fact that she had not realized that he had marked his brother as well. No wonder the three suddenly had a better understanding of each other - they were tied together in a way that could somewhat, but not totally, be explained.
 
 
Sesshomaru was also busy thinking about everything that he had revealed to Kichou. He told her far more than he ever intended to, but the more he told her, the more he felt as though some great weight was being lifted from him. Kichou had accepted everything he told her and had not judged him. He could tell she was a bit upset because he wouldn't reveal more about Kagome and her home, but she had finally seemed to let that go. Kichou had accepted that part of him had used Kagome to try to better understand what attraction his father had to a human female, and then again to satisfy his lust that was caused partly by his ties to InuYasha and the Miko.
 
Their feelings for each other were so strong they couldn't help but to arouse the Demon Lord who was tied to them both by his mark. Even before then he had been drawn in just by the sheer passion emanated by Kagome. Sesshomaru wondered if he and Kichou could ever feel that strongly for each other, or if it was a human thing. While Sesshomaru usually found human emotions almost repulsive, he was almost envious of the love the two shared. It was giving and unselfish. It was clear the two would do anything for each other - even die to protect their mate. It was the first time in his life, with the exception of Tessaiga, that his brother had something he wished for.
 
 
They made camp that night at the cave that InuYasha had revealed to them on the journey west before he took Kagome as his mate. Sesshomaru did not think his brother would mind if they used the cave that had been his safe haven for so many years. They built a fire behind the falls to keep Rin and Shippou warm during the night. Kichou volunteered to hunt and came back with enough rabbits for all of them. Once they had eaten, Shippou and Rin were tired from the journey and climbed in their makeshift bed and had gone to sleep.
 
Sesshomaru set up watch outside. He was more comfortable out under the stars than in the cave. He was content that Rin was safe and secure there, but he preferred being out in the open. He was sitting on the ground, his one arm resting on his knee looking at nothing in particular. Ah-Uhn was also snoozing away in the grass by the stream.
 
Kichou made sure the children were asleep and came out to join the Great Lord. She sat down next to him and gathered her thoughts. Sesshomaru did not seem to mind her joining him, and they sat together in silence for a while.
 
Kichou finally spoke, “My Lord?”
 
“Yes, Kichou?”
 
“You do not need to go through all of the formal courting procedures for me. I do not need any special gifts or outings before you claim me as yours.” Kichou had thought a lot about this and decided she had already waited long enough - she didn't need another three months of courtship.
 
“You know as Lord of the Western Lands, it is expected of me,” Sesshomaru replied.
 
Kichou sighed. “I know, but I'm certain my parents already understood how I felt about you. I know they sent me off in desperation to find a mate, but I am also certain they knew no one but you would do for me. No other could measure up. I think they will give their approval if you ask. I know all I need to know about you. No number of gifts or anything else will change my mind.”
 
With that, Kichou leaned over and gently kissed Sesshomaru. She had never kissed anyone before, but had seen the passion between Kagome and InuYasha in this simple contact. She wanted to know what it felt like.
 
Sesshomaru was surprised. He too had witnessed this type of contact between his brother and the miko, but the miko had not once made an attempt to kiss Sesshomaru other than on the cheek. He never understood why - why they kissed or why she didn't kiss him. It was a human thing - not something normally done by demons.
 
As Kichou's lips brushed his, he suddenly felt compelled to open his mouth and brush her lips with his tongue. She parted them and eagerly accepted his tongue into her mouth. She wrapped both of her arms around him, and he felt as though she were trying to pull him into her. Soon her tongue was battling his, trying to gain entrance to his mouth. At first he uttered a low growl - he thought Kichou was trying to establish dominance. She quickly withdrew and parted from him.
 
“I am sorry, My Lord. I did not mean to offend you,” Kichou said softly.
 
Sesshomaru replied by wrapping his arm around her and pulling her back to him. He suddenly realized when she had parted from him that she wasn't trying to dominate him; she was trying to give herself to him. This time he parted his lips and let her tongue start to explore his mouth, gently at first and then hard with passion. With this simple act, he felt as though she was trying to pour her soul into him - that it was his only to claim.
 
Sesshomaru suddenly understood. This simple physical act was even more intimate than what he had participated in with the Miko. Yes, Kagome had given her body to him willingly, had even pleasured him with her mouth, but she had never offered her soul as Kichou was to him. Even when he had been thrusting into Kagome, she was often kissing his brother. Her soul belonged only to InuYasha, as InuYasha's belonged to her. Kichou was now offering that to Sesshomaru. He responded with a passion that he did not know he was capable of, first pulling her tongue deeper into his mouth before trying once again to gain entrance to hers.
 
When they finally pulled apart, Kichou nuzzled Sesshomaru's neck with her nose in a sign of submission. Sesshomaru rested his head on top of hers and said, “I will talk to your father.”
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
 The rest of that Sunday passed by quietly once Grandpa had calmed down from allowing demons in the house. What really startled him was the knowledge that the same said demons were responsible for the shrine and ensuring that the Higurashi family had maintained it for several hundred years. And while Grandpa always loved telling others the myths and legends that surrounded the shine, he had never really considered how many of them might actually be true - even after Kagome fell through the well, and InuYasha turned up on their doorstep to collect her. He had gone to lie down - it was a bit much to digest.
 
Souta had been thrilled with the white dog that InuYasha had won for him at the carnival. He was also fascinated with the two-tailed cat that Kagome won, especially when she told him it looked just like Kirara in her small form. While Jii-chan may have trouble truly believing in demons, the imagination of a young boy had no trouble at all.
 
Souta was going to spend the afternoon at the same carnival that Kagome and InuYasha visited the night before. InuYasha was eager to try out his new chain and charm and didn't mind in the least when Mama Higurashi asked Kagome and InuYasha if they would mind walking Souta there to meet his friends. One of the other mothers had promised to see him safely home if they would just get him there.
 
 
InuYasha was so thrilled at going out without a hat or bandana on his head that he had hoisted Souta up onto his shoulders with the intention of carrying him all the way to the carnival. He had to free one hand from holding him when he saw Kagome's pout at not having any contact with him. He held on to Souta with one hand and took Kagome's hand with the other as they walked towards the carnival.
 
Souta decided about a block away that he was probably too old to be riding piggyback, so InuYasha set him down so he would walk the rest of the way under his own steam.
 
They were supposed to meet Souta's friends just inside the entrance gate. It looked like they were a little early, so Kagome took Souta to the ticket booth and bought him a book of tickets, and told him not to lose them. He had a few extra dollars in his pocket in case he needed them, so he should be in pretty good shape for the afternoon.
 
Kagome didn't want to leave her little brother until at least one of his other friends had shown up, so she, Souta, and InuYasha sat down on a bench near the entrance where they could keep watch. Souta was busy chatting about all of the rides he wanted to go on and the prizes he was going to win while they waited. Kagome and InuYasha gently warned him that winning prizes wasn't all that easy, and not to waste too many tickets - Souta would probably have more fun if he used his tickets mostly for the rides and food. Besides, what prize could be better than the one InuYasha already won for him?
 
Souta was mid-sentence when he stopped and waved. “Hey guys, I'm over here!”
 
Kagome and InuYasha stood as Souta ran over to join his friends. They followed behind him and greeted Mrs. Takagomi, Souta's best friend's mother. Kagome introduced InuYasha to her and made sure that Mrs. Takagomi was indeed going to see Souta home.
 
 
They were just outside the gates when Kagome heard a growl and InuYasha stepped protectively in front of her. It didn't take but a second for her to see why. Eri was storming toward her with another girl close behind her. Kagome just sighed. At least Ayume had warned her.
 
Kagome knew she wanted to get this over with, though she would have preferred a place not so public. She stepped from behind InuYasha and stood alongside him, holding his hand.
 
Eri came right up to her and actually took a swing at Kagome. Kagome just ducked and Eri found her hand in InuYasha's strong grip. Her eyes opened wide and she yanked back her hand when she realized he was growling at her.
 
All Eri could spit out was, “YOU…You…you…you…”
 
“What?” Kagome politely responded.
 
“YOU ruined EVERYTHING!” Eri yelled.
 
InuYasha looked at her coldly. “Anything that happened was your own fucking fault. Kagome never did anything to you. You insisted on sticking your nose where it didn't belong.”
 
Kagome added, “The others tried to tell you to leave me alone. You just wouldn't listen. It's your own fault you ended up on your butt on the ground and got in trouble because you lied.”
 
“It's your fault that Ayume is with that Niro guy!” Eri shouted.
 
“Huh?” Kagome and InuYasha said together, along with the other girl that Kagome didn't know.
 
A revelation suddenly flashed through Kagome's mind - she thought she knew what this was about now. She reached out, grabbed Eri by the hand, and said, “We need to talk - now.”
 
Kagome practically dragged Eri away from the other two. The other girl started to follow, but InuYasha reached out and stopped her.
 
He shook his head and said, “I think she means to talk to her alone. We'll wait here.”
 
InuYasha kept his now unseen ears pricked in the direction Kagome had gone in case she needed him.
 
When Kagome had dragged Eri a safe distance away from the others she said, “Eri, what's this all about? Why have you been trying so hard to run everyone else's lives and not to take care of your own? Why do you feel the need to meddle in everything? Exactly why are you so angry that I'm with InuYasha and Ayume is with Niro? You even kept Hojo and Yuki apart on purpose. You knew they liked each other so you deliberately tried to force Hojo on me for nearly three years and told him Yuki couldn't stand him. Why have you tried so hard to make everyone around you miserable? Friends don't treat each other that way.”
 
Kagome didn't want her to know that Ayume had told her what happened while she was away.
 
“You…you don't know?” Eri said through her tears. She had started crying when Kagome got about halfway through.
 
“I've been away for a month. Mama sent InuYasha and me to some relatives after my relapse from my one day back at school. Why couldn't you understand I didn't want to talk about it and leave me alone like Ayume told you? Why did you have to keep coming after me? Why can you not accept that I belong with InuYasha?” Kagome answered, and then continued, “And then there was that incident at the theatre. You were downright mean to Ayume. You know she's shy and has a hard time with strangers. She finally gets brave enough to go out with a boy and you had to act like that! Why do you treat your friends that way?”
 
“I…I though maybe Ayume didn't like guys…I thought…may…maybe she would rather be with a girl,” Eri said, though quietly, not cruelly this time.
 
Kagome thought they were finally getting somewhere. “What aren't you telling me, Eri? We've been friends for a long time.”
 
Eri looked at Kagome through the tears hanging from her lashes. “You still consider me your friend?”
 
Kagome sighed. “Eri, I don't know if you were pushing me to tell me what happened because you were really concerned, or just because it gave you something else to meddle in. You used to not be so aggressive, but over the last year, you've been almost unbearable. I wouldn't throw away the friendship we've had for years over one rough stretch, but I won't tolerate the kind of behavior you've been showing any more. When I tell you to leave something, you really need to drop it. Now, what is it that you're trying to tell me? Why would you care about Ayume and Niro so much?”
 
“I…I finally figured out I wasn't happy with any of the boys because I don't really like them that way. I…I realized that I wanted to be with a girl,” Eri said very softly.
 
“And you wanted that girl to be Ayume. You thought because she never went out with boys that might be the reason why,” Kagome said.
 
Eri just nodded her head.
 
Kagome sighed. “Eri, Ayume was just very shy. She's wanted to go out with Niro for a long time, but was afraid to. InuYasha and I agreed to go on the double date with them to help her out. It just turns out that she and Niro really do like each other. Nothing is going to change that. There isn't really anything wrong with you wanting to be with another girl, but you can't force one who doesn't feel the same way to be with you that way. Does this new girl you're with like you that way?”
 
Eri nodded. “Yeah, she's really nice. I've been happy since we've been together.”
 
“Does this mean that you've stopped trying to make everyone else around you miserable?” Kagome asked, rather bluntly.
 
Eri nodded again. “I was so mean because I was so unhappy. I didn't know or understand what I wanted. I couldn't stand to see anyone else around me happy, so I tried to ruin everything for all of you. I couldn't even be nice to you and especially InuYasha when he saved me from that gang at the theatre. I was so mad at the whole lot of you that I couldn't see what was in front of me. They told me later that gang was suspected of several rapes. You have no idea what you may have saved me from.”
 
Kagome looked at her. “Actually, I know exactly what we saved you from.”
 
“What…what do you mean?” Eri asked.
 
“Why do you think I was so upset, why I didn't want to talk to you or anyone else? Why I knocked you to the ground when you grabbed me from behind? Why do you think you got such an extreme reaction?” Kagome asked quietly.
 
“You mean…”
 
“Yeah, and I'd appreciate it if for once you would let it drop, and not ever bring it up again. I'm still not ready to discuss it, and don't know if I'll ever be. Not just with you, but with anyone,” Kagome answered.
 
For once, Eri got the hint and didn't say anything else. Instead, she reached forward and hugged Kagome and said, “I owe you and InuYasha an apology, and a thank you.”
 
“Okay, but do yourself a favor. Do the same for Yuki, Hojo, and Ayume, all right? At least think about it,” Kagome said. “You ready to go back to the others?”
 
Eri nodded and they walked back to InuYasha and her friend.
 
Much to InuYasha's surprise, Eri hugged him when they came back. He just stood there rather awkwardly, not really sure what to do. Kagome just grinned as Eri said, “I owe you that for saving me at the theatre.”
 
InuYasha just nodded and tried to draw back. He was uncomfortable with anyone other than Kagome touching him so familiarly.
 
Eri turned loose and reached back to take her friend's hand. “This is Mari. Mari, this is Kagome and InuYasha.”
 
Kagome and InuYasha acknowledged the introduction and Eri then asked, “Are you going to the carnival?”
 
Kagome shook her head. “We came last night. We just walked Souta down here to meet his friends. Mama will be wondering what happened to us so we need to get back to the shrine. It was nice meeting you, Mari. You two have a good time.”
 
Kagome and InuYasha were holding hands again as they headed back towards the shrine. Neither said much along the way, though InuYasha led Kagome to Goshinboku and pulled her on his lap on the bench under the tree. He kissed her and just held her for a few minutes before he finally asked, “So that girl Eri, she doesn't really want a male, she wants to be with another female?”
 
Kagome kissed him again and nodded. “That's why she had been so unhappy.”
 
“So how do they…” InuYasha asked.
 
“Well, you know what Ayume was telling us about last night? Did you understand when she said where her face was buried?”
 
InuYasha blushed; he had a pretty good idea, and nodded.
 
Kagome breathed huskily in his ear, “You can tell I like it when you do that, can't you?”
 
“But…but you wouldn't want…” InuYasha stammered.
 
“No, not with anyone other than you.” She didn't feel the need to add `or your brother.' “It's just if that if two girls are going to be together, that's mostly what they are going to do. You brought me great pleasure with that before we were mates. It's not the same as when we are really together, but you kept me pretty happy all the same,” Kagome replied.
 
“Is…is that normal?” InuYasha asked. He was trying to think if he had come across anything like that in his life. He had seen two males together, and thought that was bizarre enough - that's why he told the monk they weren't even going to go there when he brought it up after Sesshomaru claimed him.
 
“Not exactly normal, but not all that uncommon either,” Kagome replied.
 
InuYasha just looked more confused so she decided to explain further, “There have always been people that preferred their own sex. It just wasn't considered - acceptable. There's something in their mind, their heart, that just makes them different. They have become somewhat more understood, and less judged. It doesn't have the stigma attached to it that it used to. In the past, people could be downright cruel because they didn't understand. Now that society doesn't judge them so harshly, they aren't as afraid to show what they are. Does that make sense?”
 
InuYasha nodded, he sort of understood. After all, until Kagome, he had been judged his entire life for what he was, rather than who he was.
 
“Does that mean Eri won't be causing you trouble any more?”
 
“She was so unhappy with her own life she was trying to make the rest of us miserable, too. I think now that she understands herself better, she'll be easier to get along with.”
 
“Does that mean you are going to go back to school?” InuYasha asked. He knew one of the reasons Kagome wanted to stay home was because of Eri.
 
Kagome shook her head. “I want to spend more time with you. While I'm working on my schoolwork, you are going to work on yours as well. I want to be there to help you when you need it. Plus, my work won't take nearly as long if I'm not sitting in a classroom with thirty other people.”
 
InuYasha's response was to pull her into a kiss. He wanted to learn everything he could. He had no way of knowing which era Kagome was going to choose, but wanted to be prepared if it were to stay here.
 
When Kagome pulled away for air she whispered huskily, “I think we are the only ones here for the afternoon - want to go up to my room?”
 
InuYasha's answer was to pick her up and run to the house. After determining that they were indeed alone, he leaped up the stairs in a single bound and into her room. Kagome locked the door and pulled him back into another kiss as she unbuttoned his jeans and unzipped them. It didn't take long before their clothes were in a heap on the floor.
 
InuYasha kissed Kagome again, and then laid her on her bed with her legs dangling over the side. Going to his knees, he started in on the activity they were previously discussing. He placed her legs over his shoulders and he dug into her with his tongue. Kagome just lay back on the bed and sighed in pleasure.
 
InuYasha used the fingers on one hand to part her while the others were diving in deep. He was nipping, sucking and thumping the bundle of nerves with his tongue until she was screaming his name and writhing off of the bed. As she had started to convulse, he had withdrawn his fingers and dove in as far as he could with his warm, wet tongue. Kagome cried in pleasure as he lapped at the juices pouring out of her.
 
Once the tremors in Kagome's body had quieted, InuYasha leaned over her and kissed her. Kagome reached up and took an ear in each hand, and gently started stroking them with her thumbs. As she did so, she eased up on the bed and turned, opening herself for her mate - making it clear what she wanted. InuYasha crawled on the bed, and started lapping at her core once again until she was hot and wet. He trailed his kisses upward, pausing to tease her belly button and then each of her breasts. He worked his way up to his mark and stopped to suckle at it as he placed himself over her. He felt an eager hand reach down and start to stroke him, to guide him in. He was holding just far enough back that she could tease herself and him by stroking his head along her hot wet core, he could feel her legs wrapping around him and trying to pull him closer.
 
She groaned when he dipped only the head in, and then pulled back out. She wanted all of him, and she wanted him now. InuYasha was trying to be patient. As much as he wanted to plunge into her depths, he wanted to take his time. Reaching forward and bringing his lips down hard on hers, he started a slow and torturous rhythm. Each time, he would go in a little further than the time before.
 
He heard her gasp when he plunged his tongue into her ear, and started to flick in rhythm with his thrusts. All too soon for him, and not soon enough for her, he was burying himself to the hilt inside her.
 
“Oh, `gome, you feel so good,” he rasped.
 
She was crying, “Harder, InuYasha, harder.”
 
Kagome had arched her back into him and helped him find a sweet spot inside. She gasped every time he hit it. He could tell she was going to orgasm again soon. He thrust harder and faster against the spot that brought her such pleasure until he felt her walls tighten around him. He was already so close and that was all he needed to bring his own release. He was panting and threw his head back with his eyes closed as he thrust in hard one more time and exploded. He leaned forward and kissed her again as his throbbing member continued to pulse and fill her warm depths. Not wanting to lose contact with her, he pulled her over on her side, their legs tangled together. His hand started to gently play with her breasts as they lay there together.
 
Kagome leaned forward enough to kiss him as her hand trailed up his face and to an ear. InuYasha's eyes closed and he started to rumble as she gently stroked the furry appendage.
 
Her ministrations didn't take long to receive their desired results. She could feel InuYasha growing hard again inside her. He couldn't help himself as he started to rock into her again. Not losing contact, she rolled him over on his back until she was astride him. She took his hands and placed them on her breasts as she started to ride him.
 
This time Kagome had her eyes closed as she rode her lover as he played with her breasts, rolling her nipples in rhythm between his thumb and forefinger. Then he started using his whole hands to gently squeeze her breasts, brushing his thumbs over her nipples in the process. She gasped when she felt a claw reach down and start to flick her, never breaking the rhythm.
 
It wasn't much longer before she heard, “Oh, `gome, harder, please, faster.”
 
To comply and help keep her balance, she grabbed one of his hands in each hand. With their fingers laced together so InuYasha could help brace her, Kagome started rising further and slamming down harder and faster. As InuYasha released the fire from his loins, he turned loose of her hands and placed his on her thighs, holding her still as he filled her once again. He then helped ease her down so that she was laying on top of him, still coupled. He wrapped his arms around her and held her as close as he could.
 
Kagome wasn't done yet though. They didn't often use the bed because she was afraid it would make too much noise. She slid down and started teasing InuYasha with her tongue. It didn't take long before he was hard and ready to go again. This time she turned and using the footboard as a brace, brought her knees up under her and spread her legs. InuYasha first went after her with his tongue until she was so wet she was dripping. As he teased her clit with his claw, he entered her from behind. Kagome responded by arching her back and slamming back so that he was buried to the hilt. InuYasha just grinned and grabbed her waist with both hands as he started to thrust once again.
 
The two rocked against each other, both panting and calling each other's names, each trying to get the other to go harder and faster. InuYasha had managed to reach down again with one claw to flick at her clit and apply pressure to the bundle of nerves there as the other reached up to stroke her breast. Once again, as Kagome climaxed the convulsions of her inner walls brought InuYasha over the edge with her. He kissed her back, shoulders, and neck as he lay across her back with his chest rumbling in contentment. Kagome had lowered her elbows to the bed so she could rest her trembling body on her forearms. She wasn't sure how InuYasha had done it, but without losing his contact within her he had managed to position them so that she was sitting on his lap, leaning back into his chest with his arms wrapped around her. He was kissing and lapping his mark on Kagome's left shoulder.
 
Sighing in complete contentment, Kagome finally broke their silence, “I don't know when the others will be back. We should probably take a bath before they come home.”
 
InuYasha turned Kagome to face him and eased off of the bed. Carrying her with her legs wrapped around him, he stopped so she could grab their two robes in case they needed them coming back from the bath. Still joined at the hip, he carried to the bathroom and turned first so she could lock the door, and then carried her to the shower so she could turn on the water and adjust the temperature.
 
Kagome finally giggled. “How long are we going to stay coupled like this? Are you still hard?”
 
Her answer came as InuYasha stepped under the streaming hot water, moved his hands to her waist, and started moving her up and down. Kagome responded by placing her hands on his shoulders to help. Her efforts were rewarded as she felt InuYasha start to pulse within her, which caused her to orgasm yet again. She wrapped her arms around him and lowered her mouth to his. She was his lover, and he was hers. She would never tire of him.
 
When she finally felt him slide out of him, she lowered herself to stand and asked, “You want to soak in the bath?”
 
He responded with a nod and another kiss. She turned off the water of the shower and went to turn on the water in the bath. When was ready, InuYasha lowered himself into the water and then Kagome joined him. He pulled her back to him and they just sat and relaxed in the warm water for a while, enjoying each other's company in silence.
 
Deciding she wanted at least one more round before they finished cleaning up to get dressed, Kagome turned and backed away from InuYasha to the other side of the tub. Grabbing the sides of the bath with her hands, she spread her legs so that her calves clung to opposite sides and she let her body float at the top of the water. InuYasha couldn't miss that signal if he tried. He first pulled her up just enough to clear the water so he could once again tease her with his tongue, alternating between diving in deep and then dragging it across her core. When he had her gasping for more, he cupped his hands under her cheeks and brought himself to his knees. As he drove into her with the water sloshing around them, she had somehow managed to get her legs on his shoulders. Both already oversensitive between their multiple orgasms and the addition of the warm water, it wasn't long before they were crying each other's names again and their bodies shuddering together.
 
InuYasha helped Kagome gently untangle her ankles from around his neck and lower them so she could wrap them in a more comfortable position and then pulled her forward to sit up. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into another kiss, this time gentle and soft. When they parted, he rested his forehead against hers as their breathing and pulses slowed back to normal, and then pulled her tightly against his body.
 
Kagome said, “I know - I love you, too.”
 
 
Everyone was back home in time for dinner. Mama Higurashi found Kagome and InuYasha innocently sitting on the couch and watching TV again. She just smiled as she watched the pair. Their love for each other had been obvious to everyone around them - they had just seemed to be the last to figure it out. She hoped they had enjoyed the afternoon she engineered for them. It was no accident they were in the house alone all afternoon.
 
She knew they were doing their best to keep their mating a secret from Grandpa and Souta until they and Mama were ready for them to know, which Mama appreciated. Her reward to them would be to try to create times like this, where they could be all alone and not worry about how much noise they made. Mama Higurashi had been very much in love with Kagome's father, and like Kagome, she was full of passion. Though her time with her husband had been cut short, it had been wonderful. Mama could want no less for her daughter.
 
 
At dinner Souta was happily relaying the events at the carnival. He had a great time with his friends. As Kagome and InuYasha recommended, he chose not to waste a lot of tickets trying to win prizes - he saw quickly how difficult it was, and probably impossible for someone his age. Instead, he rode lots of rides and ate lots of junk food. Needless to say, he wasn't very hungry at dinner though he ate some to please his mother.
 
Kagome was also reminded at dinner that school would start again tomorrow since it would be Monday. It would be her first day of home schooling, and InuYasha's first day of more formal lessons. Kagome knew he was smart and eager to learn and was looking forward to it.
 
Kagome had not asked InuYasha yet about why he looked happier after his talk with Sesshomaru that morning. One thing she knew about InuYasha was not to pry. They may be mates, but talking still did not come easily to the hanyou. Kagome trusted him and knew that when he was ready, he would tell her.
 
 
To be continued...