InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood & Tears ❯ The Slayer Village ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha (all of those characters are the property of Rumiko Takahashi) but I do own Kaminari, Kaiho, and the lovely Kichou.
 
 
Blood & Tears
 
 
Chapter 9: The Slayer Village(Warning: Lemons in chapter as well as M/F/M action)
 
 
InuYasha and Kagome stayed at Sesshomaru's castle for several more days. They enjoyed the privacy they were accorded in their own quarters and the quiet meals in Sesshomaru's quarters with him and Rin.
 
InuYasha didn't know how to explain the changes he'd felt since he had finally taken Kagome as his mate and had been claimed by his brother as part of his pack. For the first time in his life he felt complete, like something that had always been missing had been found. He felt calmer and more secure. For the first time since his mother had died, he felt like he was truly loved and had a place to belong.
 
Kagome too had felt a change slowly creep over her. She felt more power as well as a tranquility that went with knowing that InuYasha truly loved her, and that Sesshomaru had accepted them both. InuYasha had commented one day that she now had gold flecks in her eyes, and she also seemed physically stronger. It appeared that when they mated, their souls bonded and exchanged blood, they had each gained something from the other. As InuYasha did, Kagome now felt complete, like she had found a part of herself that she did not know had been lost.
 
 
As much as they were enjoying their time in the Western Domain, InuYasha and Kagome knew that they would have to return home soon. They had decided they would stay in the future for now. The rest of Kagome's year would go much easier if she wasn't trying to travel back and forth. Plus, with the jewel complete and purified, her job here was done.
 
InuYasha wanted Kagome to finish school and do well, but he was concerned about what he would do in the future. After their trip to the restaurant, he had asked Kagome to start helping him to learn to read and write better. She had already starting working with him while at the castle - sometimes in their quarters and sometimes out in the gardens. InuYasha learned quickly and wanted to do well for Kagome. He also wanted to be able to take her out in her era and not feel ashamed of his inadequacies again. He wanted to be able to fit in. InuYasha wasn't sure which era Kagome would want to live in, but he would understand if she wanted to stay with the conveniences she had in her time. While it would be difficult for him, he would do anything for her.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
They arrived for dinner one evening to find that not only had Kaminari and Kaiho joined them, but a very pretty Inu-youkai as well. She looked like Kaiho, but had Kaminari's facial markings and jet black hair and eyes.
 
As they came in Kaiho spoke, “We would like for you to meet our daughter, Kichou. She has been traveling the country, but has come home.”
 
Kagome and InuYasha nodded in acknowledgement as they took their seats at the table with everyone else.
 
“You are Lord Sesshomaru's half brother.” Then she looked at Kagome. “You are the Miko that Lord Sesshomaru marked.”
 
Kagome blushed. “He did it to help us, so that no other would try to take me from InuYasha.”
 
Kagome changed the subject. “Where did you travel to?”
 
Kichou responded, “All over. My parents wished for me hopefully find a suitable mate and arranged for me to visit some of the other Inu clans, but I could not find anyone who was stronger than I, someone who could protect me better than I can protect myself.”
 
InuYasha was trying not to stare at his brother. Since Sesshomaru had marked him, he had been able to pick up on his feelings somewhat - it was a bit unnerving considering he didn't think his brother had feelings at all since his facial expressions rarely, if ever, changed. However, he could pick up Sesshomaru's attraction to Kichou, and InuYasha was pretty certain that Sesshomaru would be strong enough for her. He could also smell Kichou's jealousy of Kagome - she wanted Sesshomaru for herself, he was sure of it. No wonder no other would do. Few would be able to measure up to his brother.
 
InuYasha finally spoke, “How long have you known Sesshomaru?”
 
Kichou answered, “All of my life, and much of his. He was still fairly young when I was born.”
 
InuYasha didn't ask what that meant. `Fairly young' could mean he was twenty or three hundred. He just nodded his response.
 
Sesshomaru finally broke his silence, “InuYasha, when will you and Kagome start back?”
 
Kagome responded with a sigh, “We probably should head out tomorrow. It will take several days to get back, and I would like to go by the demon slayer village on the way to check on Sango, Miroku and Shippou. I'll really miss the wonderful quarters you have provided for us.”
 
“Keh.” InuYasha nodded in agreement.
 
 
After dinner Kagome and InuYasha excused themselves and went back to their quarters. Making sure the door to the main hall was locked, Kagome went and wrapped her arms around InuYasha, pulling him into a kiss. InuYasha readily responded by wrapping his arms around her body and pulling her close. Kagome pulled herself up and wrapped her legs around him as well, deliberately rubbing his growing tent. Not breaking their kiss, InuYasha carried her to the bed.
 
InuYasha felt her hands pulling at his clothes as he set her down. He in turn reached and untied the belt that held her yukata closed. He wasn't surprised that she didn't have on anything underneath - she'd gotten used to wearing no undergarments when she was injured. He smiled inwardly and reached down to brush her breast with his claw. It immediately responded and hardened. Shedding the rest of his clothing, he set Kagome on the edge of the bed and drug his tongue against her warm core.
 
She moaned in appreciation as he went to work with his tongue, delving in as deep as he could reach - Kami, he loved the taste of her. He added his thumb to thump the button right above where he was thrusting with his tongue until he had her writhing off of the bed in pleasure. When he could stand the pain of his erection no more, he pulled himself upright and pulled Kagome to him. He entered her as she lay back on the bed, her legs wrapped around him. As he slowly began to thrust into her, he reached forward to take a breast in each hand and rubbed them in opposing circles in rhythm. When he picked up speed and started to plunge into her even harder, his hands slid to her waist just above her hips. He was panting and calling her name, his head thrown back as he filled her with his seed, and she called his as she climaxed again with him. As he held still while he pumped into her, she pulled herself upright on the bed, legs still holding him inside her as she pulled him in for another kiss.
 
When he finally slid out of her, InuYasha crawled alongside her on the bed. Pulling her body into his once again, he kissed her shoulder and neck as he nuzzled her hair and they drifted off to sleep.
 
 
They woke early the next morning. As much as they hated to leave the comfort of the castle, they knew it was time to start back. If they waited much longer, they would not be able to make it home before the next new moon.
 
Kagome wanted one more warm bath before they hit the road, and InuYasha didn't mind. He made love to her again in the bath before they dried off and dressed - InuYasha once again dressed in his familiar firerat and Kagome in the t-shirt and sweats she had brought.
 
As Kagome was making sure she had everything in her backpack, a knock at the door announced the arrival of Sesshomaru. He entered with Rin and had brought additional supplies for their journey. Kagome thanked him and packed them in her bag.
 
InuYasha looked quizzically at his brother. He knew something was up. “Sesshomaru, are you planning to come with us?”
 
Sesshomaru looked at him, almost in surprise. “What makes you say that?”
 
“Dunno - just a feeling,” InuYasha responded.
 
“Rin wished to go and visit Shippou, and I am curious about this demon slayer village,” Sesshomaru replied.
 
“This wouldn't have anything to do with Kichou, would it?” InuYasha asked knowingly.
 
“Rin needs someone closer to her own age to play with, and she asked about Shippou. She wants to inquire if he would like to come here to visit,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
Rin finally joined in the conversation. “Rin will need someone to play with while Lord Sesshomaru courts Kichou so he can take her as his mate as you did Kagome. Rin noticed how much time you and Kagome spent in your quarters when Lord Sesshomaru said we should not disturb you, and Rin does not want to be alone.”
 
Kagome giggled. What was the saying `out of the mouth of babes?'
 
Sesshomaru's jaw actually dropped. “Rin, what makes you think that?”
 
Rin looked the Demon Lord directly in his eyes and said, “Rin just knows. A girl can tell these things. Rin pays attention even when others think she is not.”
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
They arrived at the demon slayer village mid-afternoon of the second day. Since Rin was going and Sesshomaru did not want to be gone from his castle for long, he had made use of Ah-Uhn to transport them once again.
 
They landed on the outskirts of the village, outside of the barricade that surrounded it. They had thought about landing inside the fence, but it was a good thing they didn't attempt it. It turned out that Miroku had placed a ward around the village to protect it. Kagome and Rin could approach, but InuYasha was thrown back when he tried to follow.
 
“Oi, Monk! Are you in there?” InuYasha shouted.
 
“InuYasha?” They heard a familiar voice reply.
 
The gate opened and there stood Miroku. “What are you doing here, and what's Lord Sesshomaru doing here with you?”
 
A furry red blur flashed past and nearly knocked Kagome off of her feet as Shippou landed in her chest.
 
“Kagome!” The young kitsune yelled in glee.
 
Kagome and InuYasha both grinned when Sango finally made her appearance. Apparently she and Miroku were wasting no time in starting to repopulate the village. Her belly was already quite round with the child within her.
 
Sango and Kirara joined the group. “We're so glad to see you, but what's going on? Why are you here?”
 
Shippou's eyes grew large as he looked at Kagome. “You've mated with InuYasha and Lord Sesshomaru, too!”
 
Kagome blushed. Sango and Miroku's eyes grew wide. “What?!”
 
Kagome responded, “I'd really rather not explain everything that's happened the last couple of months out here. Are you going to invite us in? You know Lord Sesshomaru and Rin, and Ah-Uhn helped get us here.”
 
Miroku waved. “Just a minute, I have to take down part of the ward so all of you can come in. It allows Shippou and Kirara to pass though, but keeps out other demons.”
 
Sesshomaru had watched everything in silence. Even though he had fought on the same side as the group against Naraku, he could tell they were still wary of him.
 
Once Miroku had the barrier at the gate down, everyone followed Sango through. Miroku stayed at the gate and chanted something as they passed through. Once they were all in, he closed the gate and said, “You will all be able to pass through now. The ward should recognize each of you when you come and go.”
 
Kagome had still been carrying Shippou, who hopped down and peered from behind her at Rin.
 
Kagome asked, “Shippou, do you remember Rin?”
 
Shippou nodded. He and Rin had stayed together when the others were battling Naraku.
 
“She came to visit with you; would you like to show her around?” Kagome continued.
 
Rin looked at Sesshomaru, and he nodded. She ran up to Shippou. “Hi, Shippou! Have you been well?”
 
Shippou nodded, took her hand and they ran off.
 
InuYasha looked around him. Miroku and Sango had been busy. A number of the buildings had been repaired as well as most of the fence, except for a few sections that were probably too heavy for them to repair on their own. “Oi, Monk. Looks like you've been busy. You want me to help with those sections of the fence while I'm here?”
 
Miroku looked at him. “Not until you tell us what has been going on since we left.”
 
Kagome sighed. “Can we go inside and sit? This may take a while.”
 
They followed Sango into the hut they had restored for her and Miroku's use. Sango motioned for them to sit around the fire pit. InuYasha sat down and Kagome sat in front of him so that she could lean back against his chest. InuYasha wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into him. Sesshomaru sat to their right.
 
Sango spoke first, “What did Shippou mean, that you have mated with both InuYasha and Sesshomaru?”
 
Kagome blushed again. “InuYasha is my mate, but I've been marked by Sesshomaru to show that I'm part of his pack and under his protection.”
 
Miroku asked Sesshomaru, “Why would you do that?”
 
Sesshomaru replied, “Because my brother and the miko found that there are demons who would ignore his mark because he is hanyou. They will not dare to ignore this Sesshomaru's mark.”
 
“What happened?” Sango spoke, she could tell from the tone of Sesshomaru and Kagome's voices that this was not done lightly.
 
Kagome started the story, telling them how Kouga had approached them as always, but then attacked. How he brought fifty of his pack to carry out his plan, how he had broken InuYasha's leg and then his arm. When she started to tell them what he had done to her, she choked and couldn't continue.
 
InuYasha pulled her tighter to him, stroking her hair as he continued her story and told them what Kouga had done, how his brother had saved them. How the horror of what had happened to them made them realize they wanted to be together, how he had gone with Kagome back to her time to stay with her while she healed, and how Sesshomaru had taken them to his home so they could complete the mating ritual.
 
Miroku and Sango sat wide-eyed with horror through the entire story. Like everyone else, they couldn't believe that Kouga would do such a horrible thing considering he was always proclaiming his love for Kagome.
 
Kagome finally spoke again, “He said that if he couldn't have me, no one could. He wasn't even planning on taking me as his mate. He just wanted to make it so no other would ever want to touch me.”
 
Sango finally interrupted, “But you haven't explained exactly why Sesshomaru marked you.”
 
Kagome answered, “Kouga told us it would not matter even if InuYasha had marked me, he wouldn't honor the mark of a half-breed. Sesshomaru advised us that it would be true of others as well. He said that because I'm a miko, and had the power to see the jewel shards as well as carry the Sacred Jewel, there would be others who would try to claim me even though I'm human. I knew he was right - that was the reason Kouga originally kidnapped me. So even if they try to say InuYasha's mark doesn't matter, they will not dare lay a hand on me with Sesshomaru's mark.”
 
Miroku finally spoke again, “So what about the Shikon no Tama? Have you had any luck locating the last shard?”
 
Kagome blushed again. “Yeah, we found it. It turned out someone who thought to overthrow Sesshomaru had it. He didn't succeed and we retrieved the shard.”
 
Kagome didn't think it necessary to explain that InuYasha had gone full-youkai and ripped out the offending Inu-youkai's throat while he was in his true form.
 
Sango spoke again, “So where is the jewel?”
 
Kagome's face was matching InuYasha's firerat by now. “It was purified.”
 
Miroku asked, “Purified? What did you wish for?”
 
InuYasha answered, “We didn't, it just happened.”
 
Kagome decided to jump in again. “Midoriko appeared and told me the well will remain open as long as we use it at least once a year, and my soul has been bound to InuYasha's so that I will age with him.”
 
Miroku was studying the three. “That's not all there was to it.”
 
InuYasha was blushing now. “Wha…what do you mean, Monk?”
 
“All three of you have been bound in some way, and Kagome has more power than before. I can feel it. In fact, so do you and Lord Sesshomaru. Kagome, did Midoriko pass her power to you when she went on?”
 
“I…I don't know. She didn't say.”
 
InuYasha spoke again, “I remember being covered in a pink light that faded into you after she left.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded.
 
Kagome thought out loud, “I remember thinking that I've been feeling more power, and stronger, but I thought it was from the ritual considering we exchanged blood and our souls were bound together.”
 
Sango's curiosity was really peaking now. “What were the three of you doing when the jewel was purified?”
 
InuYasha's face was now the same color as Kagome, rivaling the red of his haori. “I was marking Kagome, she was marking me, and Sesshomaru was marking me at the same time.”
 
Sango was blushing now, and the monk was grinning as she asked, “I thought you marked each other when you were, well, you know…”
 
“Keh.” Kagome had now buried her face in InuYasha's chest in embarrassment.
 
“Then what was Lord Sesshomaru doing there?” Sango asked.
 
“This Sesshomaru had to witness the ritual due to the circumstance of the Miko's rape to ascertain that she was not forced at any time. This Sesshomaru also had to help the miko mark my brother because he has tough skin and she has no fangs.”
 
Miroku was finding all of this talk rather interesting. “So Lord Sesshomaru, when you marked InuYasha did you…”
 
“Oi, pervert…NO! All he did was bite me to mark me as part of the family!” InuYasha was practically yelling at the Monk. He did not even want to go there.
 
“So how did he mark Kagome?” Sango asked.
 
“He did the same thing, he bit her shoulder in the same place he did mine.” InuYasha figured they didn't need the details of Kagome's marking and the fact she had submitted to him fully.
 
Sango raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything further. She could tell Kagome was embarrassed enough about the whole thing.
 
“Kagome, do you want to take a bath?” Sango asked.
 
“I need one to get the dust off. Do you have one with warm water?” Kagome asked.
 
“We have a hot spring within the compound. There is a bathhouse built around it and we were able to restore most of it. It wasn't badly damaged during the attack,” Sango replied.
 
Kagome got up and started digging in her backpack. Once she had her bath items and a change of clothes, she said, “Let's go.”
 
Miroku looked at InuYasha and Sesshomaru. “Well, we know they'll be gone for a while. Do you want to help me with those sections of fence?”
 
InuYasha nodded and rose. Sesshomaru followed out of curiosity.
 
When the boys went out, Shippou and a breathless Rin ran up to them.
 
Shippou asked, “Where's Kagome?”
 
InuYasha replied, “They went for a bath runt.”
 
Shippou started to dash off but InuYasha grabbed him by the tail and lifted him up, “Where do you think you're going?”
 
“To see Kagome!” Shippou replied.
 
“Oi, runt. The girls want some privacy. They need to talk so wait until they come back.”
 
“You're so mean, InuYasha!” Shippou pouted.
 
InuYasha thumped Shippou on the head, but not too hard. “Shippou, they'll be back. Just leave them for now.”
 
Rin added, “He is right. They will be back. Show me some more of the village.”
 
Shippou perked up. “Okay.” He and Rin took off again.
 
 
Sango gasped as Kagome took off her clothes and she saw her back where the worst of the slashes had scarred. “Oh, Kagome, what did they do?”
 
Kagome slipped into the warm water. “They slashed me to ribbons with their fangs and claws. I would have bled to death if Sesshomaru hadn't come. He saved us and then helped heal us. When InuYasha had recovered enough he helped him to take care of me.”
 
Sango asked, “Why don't you have more scars, then. What did they do?”
 
Kagome blushed and giggled. “There wasn't any water near where we were, so Sesshomaru cleaned us with his tongue.”
 
Sango was blushing now. “You mean he licked you?”
 
“Yeah…all over,” Kagome responded.
 
“And InuYasha?” Sango was curious.
 
“Sesshomaru did the same for him until he was better, and then InuYasha took over taking care of my wounds. Sesshomaru had to dilute his saliva so it wouldn't be poisonous, so InuYasha's is stronger. Once InuYasha was able to start, I started to heal more quickly. Their saliva helped keep me from scarring except for the very worst of the wounds. You should have seen my mother's face when she walked into my bedroom to find me naked in front of InuYasha with him licking my back.”
 
“Your mother?” Sango couldn't believe it.
 
“Yes. I think she was too stunned to be mad. Plus, she could see that InuYasha wasn't trying to take advantage of me, even when I wished he would.”
 
“InuYasha was okay with Sesshomaru marking you?” Sango had changed the subject.
 
“Yes, after what happened. He didn't want to have to, but after what Kouga had done he decided that if I were okay with it, he would be, too. He never wants anything like that to happen again, and I don't either.”
 
“Can I see your marks?” Sango was curious, she could barely see them peeping out from under Kagome's hair.
 
Kagome turned her back to Sango and pulled her hair off of her right shoulder. “This is Sesshomaru's mark. The one he placed on InuYasha is identical to it.”
 
When Kagome had faced Sango again, she pulled her hair off of her left shoulder. “This is InuYasha's mark.”
 
“Wow,” Sango said, “It looks like both his human half and youkai half marked you.”
 
“Yeah, that's what Sesshomaru and Kaminari said. There isn't a lot of history on a hanyou taking a mate, so they weren't sure what to expect.”
 
“So did Sesshomaru really only have to bite you to mark you?” Sango asked.
 
“Not exactly,” Kagome responded.
 
Sango raised an eyebrow so Kagome decided she might as well explain. “I'll ask you not to tell Miroku everything; he doesn't know when to quit. I had to submit fully to Sesshomaru for him to mark me. That's why Shippou said I was mated to both of them.”
 
Sango's eyebrows had disappeared into her hairline. “What did InuYasha think?”
 
“He was there to help. We both understood the importance of it and decided to do it. Sesshomaru marked me after InuYasha and I had completed our markings, and then he disappeared, leaving us alone.”
 
“So the jewel was purified when you were in the middle of…” Sango couldn't finish, but blushed instead.
 
“Yeah,” Kagome replied, “Midoriko said it was our love and selflessness that purified the jewel and set her free. At the time I was thinking how much I loved InuYasha, he said he was thinking the same of me, and Sesshomaru was able to set aside his animosity and claimed InuYasha as his brother. Midoriko also told Sesshomaru he will be able to find his soul mate now and be happy since he was able to free his heart of his anger and bitterness.”
 
“So why did he and Rin come with you?” Sango asked.
 
“Rin wanted to see if Shippou will come to the castle with her and visit for a while. She doesn't have anyone her age to play with, and she picked up on the fact that Sesshomaru is attracted to his advisor's daughter and wants to court her to take her as his mate. Rin doesn't want to be lonely while Sesshomaru is spending time with Kichou.”
 
Sango was thinking about what Kagome said. She was also thinking about the fact it was amazing she and Miroku were able to be together enough for Sango to get pregnant with the kitsune underfoot. Even she was starting to wonder how InuYasha had gone for so long without killing Shippou. His mouth could really be annoying since he didn't know when to stop - he was worse than the monk.
 
Sango broke out of her thoughts and asked, “You don't think he will want to go with you?”
 
“He can't,” Kagome replied. “I'm going back to my era to finish school, and InuYasha is coming with me. Shippou can't go through the well.”
 
After a few minutes of silence Kagome asked, “So what have you and Miroku been doing? It looks like you have been able to make a lot of repairs in addition to you being pregnant.”
 
Sango launched into a description of what they had been doing since they had parted company from InuYasha and Kagome.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Miroku was merciful and didn't question InuYasha. Truthfully, he was terrified of upsetting the Demon Lord, so he kept his questions regarding the mating to himself. He figured Sango would tell him everything Kagome told her after the others had left.
 
They walked out to the worst section of fence. It didn't take InuYasha much effort at all to move it back into its position. Miroku lashed the timbers into place and they moved on to the next section to repeat the process.
 
Miroku finally asked the same question Sango had asked Kagome, “Lord Sesshomaru, why did you come with InuYasha?”
 
Sesshomaru looked at him and decided to answer, “Rin would like to request for Shippou to come and visit the castle for a while. She would like someone closer to her age to play with.”
 
Miroku looked thoughtfully at him. “That might be a good idea if Shippou wants to go. But InuYasha, you don't think he will want to come with you and Kagome?”
 
“He can't Monk. We're going back to her era for her to finish school. He can't travel through the well,” InuYasha replied.
 
Miroku was thinking the same thing Sango had been - it would be nice to have some time alone with his wife without the energetic kitsune underfoot. “We'll have to discuss it with him over dinner.”
 
 
Dinner was interrupted by wails as Shippou cried that no one wanted him.
 
“Shippou, you know that isn't true, but you can't go home with me. You can't travel through the well,” Kagome said gently.
 
“Shippou, you know you've been bored here by yourself. You've wanted someone who can give you more attention than Sango and I can while we work to restore the village,” Miroku added.
 
Rin was the one who made the kitsune stop crying though. “Rin only has Jaken to play with, that is why Rin asked if you could come home with me.”
 
Shippou stopped his tirade and said, “Really? You want me to come home with you?”
 
“That is why Rin asked Lord Sesshomaru to come with InuYasha-sama and Kagome-sama. I want you to come back with us,” Rin replied.
 
Sesshomaru finally added to the conversation - he wanted Rin to be happy. “Shippou, there are kitsune as part of the staff at the castle. They will be able to help train you in the use of your powers.”
 
Shippou perked up. “You mean it? I haven't had anyone to help me since Father died.”
 
“If you want to learn, they will be able to help,” Sesshomaru answered.
 
“Keh,” Shippou replied.
 
Miroku, Sango, InuYasha and Kagome just grinned.
 
 
It was decided that Rin would sleep with Shippou in his room for the night. Miroku said they had another hut nearby restored that InuYasha, Kagome and Sesshomaru could use if they wished. They nodded and followed Miroku to the hut. It appeared that either Miroku or Sango had anticipated they would be using it for the night. A fire was already burning in the fire pit and warming the room around it.
 
Kagome threw her opened sleeping bag flat out on the pallet on the floor. She pulled out her blanket to use as a cover and stripped off her clothes. As long as it was just the three of them, she preferred sleeping in the nude. InuYasha followed suit and lay on her sleeping bag behind her, pulling her into him in their familiar position to drift off to sleep. Sesshomaru took the other pallet on the other side of the fire pit.
 
Sesshomaru was awakened during the night to hear Kagome's whimpers and InuYasha whispering in her ear and rubbing her back. Sesshomaru got up and came over to join the couple.
 
“She's having nightmares again?” Sesshomaru asked softly.
 
“Yeah. It must be from retelling the story today. She hasn't had one this bad in a while. I'm afraid I have to wake her this time,” InuYasha quietly replied.
 
InuYasha probed at her mouth with his tongue until she responded. Kagome woke in the middle of their kiss.
 
“What…what is it?” She asked.
 
“You were having another nightmare,” InuYasha replied. “You haven't really had one since we mated.”
 
“Probably because we haven't been to sleep a single night without, you know…first,” Kagome replied.
 
InuYasha was hard just thinking about it. He looked at his brother, “You're here, you help protect her - you want to help?”
 
The smell of Kagome's arousal was overwhelming. Sesshomaru stripped off his clothing and joined them.
 
Kagome lay back and spread her legs. As InuYasha kissed her and played with her breasts, Sesshomaru started teasing her with his tongue. He managed to find an angle where he could apply pressure to the fleshy button with his fang as he dove in with his tongue. He was using his fingers to pry her folds apart for easier access. Kagome tried not to scream as she writhed off the floor, her body almost in convulsions as he brought her over the edge. InuYasha helped by diving into her mouth with his tongue and practically swallowing her cry for her.
 
InuYasha could feel his brother's lust, even though Sesshomaru had not asked to be with Kagome again since he had marked her. Kagome could as well and knew she could not deny him - she had promised that she wouldn't. She rolled over and rose on her hands and knees. As she took InuYasha in her mouth, she felt Sesshomaru slide into her from behind. She had to turn loose of InuYasha to keep from biting him as the pressure of the Demon Lord started to build inside her. Next she felt InuYasha sucking at her breasts - he had changed positions and turned around. As he nipped and suckled at her nipples, he reached and started rubbing her clit in rhythm with his brother, which was building in speed and pressure. Kagome had her eyes closed and her head thrown back as the three rocked in rhythm with each other.
 
Sesshomaru slammed into her one last time as he exploded into her body. He had wrapped his arm around her stomach and was gently rubbing a circular pattern on her belly with his claws as he held her to him, his body now lying across her back with his chest rumbling in a low growl. InuYasha was holding Kagome to help support her - her whole body was trembling from her last orgasm the two had brought her to.
 
When Sesshomaru finally relinquished his place, Kagome said softly to InuYasha, “Your turn.”
 
InuYasha was still on his back, so Kagome first tackled him with her tongue, swirling it around his head while one hand gripped his base and the other teased his sac. When his panting indicated he couldn't take a lot more, she moved forward and lowered herself onto him. Sesshomaru was watching with interest - he had not seen the female in the dominant position before. Kagome placed her hands back on InuYasha's thighs to support her as she started to ride him. Sesshomaru saw and opportunity as he reached between them to start flicking her clit as InuYasha had done before, and started grazing his fang and tongue across her breast as she worked his brother. InuYasha reached up to start rubbing the breast his brother couldn't reach.
 
InuYasha had been painfully hard to start with, so he didn't last all that long. He cried Kagome's name as he turned loose of the fire that was burning in his loins. She stopped her motion to settle on to him as he filled her, and then leaned forward to kiss her mark on his shoulder. InuYasha wrapped his arms around her, and pulled her close.
 
Sesshomaru had pulled back out of the way when InuYasha came. He could feel the bond and the love between the two. While he knew they would both allow him to satisfy his needs, he also knew they shared something he still did not quiet understand. He wondered if the attraction he had felt for Kichou for all of these years would lead to something like that if he allowed it. Sesshomaru considered it would be worth finding out. As Kagome and InuYasha rolled over on their sides, he lay down with them, and pulled the blanket back up to cover them. They went to sleep as they had those nights in the cave, but in reverse. Sesshomaru was in front with Kagome tucked in behind him. Kagome was nestled into InuYasha's body with his arms protectively around her. She had no more nightmares that night as she went to sleep between the two brothers.
 
 
When they awoke the following morning, all three felt the need for a bath. Kagome grabbed her bath supplies and told them both to come on. She led them to the bath she had been to the day before with Sango and stripped off her clothes. Since they had no worry of being attacked, Sesshomaru and InuYasha both followed suit.
 
Fortunately, it was Sango who discovered them in the bath rather than the monk or kitsune. Her eyes opened wide and her jaw almost hit the ground when she found them. There was Kagome, busy scrubbing Sesshomaru's hair, while InuYasha's was damp and apparently already washed. He was just basking in the warm water with his eyes closed while Kagome worked on his brother.
 
InuYasha cracked one eye open when he smelled Sango, and reached over to tap on Kagome's shoulder. He pointed at Sango and both Kagome and Sango blushed.
 
Sango stammered, “I…I…didn't mean to interrupt. I just wanted to tell you that break…breakfast is almost ready.”
 
Kagome answered, “We're almost done. I just need to rinse Sesshomaru's hair. We'll be there in a few minutes.”
 
Sango nodded and left. She blushed again as she thought about the fact that all three of them were in the bath naked.
 
 
Shippou came running out to meet them as they walked back toward the main hut. He leaped into Kagome's arms. InuYasha could tell his nose was working overtime. He plucked Shippou out of her arms and told the others he would be there in a minute.
 
Kagome and Sesshomaru asked no questions. Instead, they continued on their way.
 
InuYasha looked at Shippou. “Shippou, there are some things you aren't old enough to really understand, but you are old enough to keep your mouth shut.”
 
Shippou's eyes opened wide. “Why does Kagome smell like she is mated to both you and Sesshomaru?”
 
InuYasha resisted the urge to thump him. Instead, he set him on the ground and squatted on his haunches next to him. “Shippou, there are demons who would try to take Kagome away from me because I am a hanyou.”
 
“Who would do that?” Shippou innocently asked.
 
“Kouga, for one. He's the cause behind all of this,” InuYasha replied.
 
“What do you mean?” Shippou asked.
 
“He showed up one day planning to take Kagome by force. He told her that it wouldn't matter if she were my mate because he doesn't recognize the mark of a half-breed. Sesshomaru told us that there are other demons that feel the same way. Because of that, Sesshomaru claimed and marked Kagome as part of his pack, as a female under his protection. Do you understand?”
 
“Yeah…but you smell like him, too,” Shippou added.
 
“He marked me as his brother, as part of the family. He didn't plan to do it, it just sort of happened,” InuYasha responded, and then continued, “Shippou, you need to be careful about what you say in front of the others about Kagome. You also need to keep your mouth shut when you get back to Sesshomaru's castle with him. There is an Inu there he plans to court and take as his true mate. She will not like to be reminded that Kagome is under his protection. You may be young, but I think you understand enough to know what that means.”
 
Shippou nodded.
 
“Do you think you can do that? Go and help keep Rin happy, learn about your powers from the kitsune at the castle, and not upset Kichou by bringing Kagome up?” InuYasha asked.
 
Shippou knew this was the most adult conversation he had ever had with InuYasha, and that InuYasha was being serious. Shippou folded his arms, looked InuYasha square in the eye and said, “Keh.”
 
InuYasha picked him back up, ruffled the top of his head, and carried him in for breakfast.
 
 
They were having a quiet breakfast when Sesshomaru spoke, “This Sesshomaru knows he has never been here, but feels as though he has.” He looked at Kagome and InuYasha, “Do you know why?”
 
Kagome looked thoughtfully at Sesshomaru, “The Shikon no Tama was born near here. It was the priestess whose soul was trapped in it who appeared to us when the jewel was purified. Her remains are in a cave near here. We could take you there after breakfast.”
 
InuYasha said, “You should see it. It is something you won't believe unless you see it for yourself.”
 
Kagome turned to Sango. “You don't have to come with us. I know it's a bit of a walk but we can find our way.”
 
Sango nodded. “I am getting tired more easily, and it's harder to keep my balance at times. If you don't need us, Miroku and I will stay here.”
 
“Rin and Shippou should remain here as well. Will you keep an eye on them?” Kagome asked.
 
Sango and Miroku nodded.
 
Kirara had jumped into Kagome's lap and mewed. Kagome was stroking her fur and asked, “Do you want to come with us?”
 
Kirara mewed again so Kagome said, “I'll take that as a yes.”
 
Kagome stood up and said, “Well, there's no time like the present. We should go.”
 
She headed out the door with Kirara in her arms. InuYasha and Sesshomaru followed at her heels.
 
Kirara jumped out of Kagome's arms and ran ahead of them into the cave. As Kagome followed her, she thought again about the battle that Midoriko had waged when her soul was forced out of her body. As they approached the mummified bodies of the youkai that had the priestess clenched in their jaws, Kagome again felt sad at the thought of the pain that it must have caused Midoriko to be trapped in the jewel for all those hundreds of years, and at the sadness the jewel had caused as those who wished evil had claimed it.
 
Even though InuYasha had been here before, the sight in front of him still amazed him. As strong as Kikyou and Kagome were, he could not imagine a single human having the power that Midoriko did to purify anything she came in contact with. What also saddened him is that like Kikyou, Midoriko had been destroyed by the secret love of a man with an evil heart. As Onigumo had become Naraku, demons used the body of the man who wanted Midoriko to merge together so they would have enough evil energy to overpower the warrior priestess.
 
Even Sesshomaru was impressed by the power that this miko must have held. He looked over the mummified bodies with his golden eyes in awe. No wonder he had felt such power when the priestess had appeared to them. It would take tremendous spiritual energy to battle the number of demons that this single human had taken on. He listened in silence as Kagome and InuYasha told him the story, ending in Midoriko's soul being forced out of her body as she gripped the soul of the demon, to be locked together into the Shikon no Tama.
 
As they walked back to the village, Sesshomaru finally broke the silence, “So this is why I feel like I have been here before. I have felt something of a connection I cannot explain to both of you since the mating ritual, and then the Miko trapped back there in the cave gave something to each of us.”
 
Kagome gathered her thoughts before she answered, “I imagine so. It feels like the three of us are tied together, just as Miroku said, though I can't really explain it. I don't know if it is from Midoriko's appearance to the three of us together, or the fact that we are tied together by the ritual. InuYasha and I are bound to each other, but then Sesshomaru marked each of us as well. I guess we may never really know since it all happened at the same time. In any case, Sesshomaru, I am pleased you intend to court Kichou properly so you can take her as your mate. I suspect she was holding out for you all along.”
 
InuYasha nodded in agreement. “I could smell her jealousy of Kagome when Kichou said she was the Miko you marked. I've asked Shippou not to bring up Kagome in front of her so he doesn't make her mad.”
 
Sesshomaru stopped and looked at them both. “You mean you both could tell?”
 
Kagome looked at him. “Well, it was kind of hard not to. I've been picking up on your feelings some since you marked me.”
 
InuYasha nodded in agreement, and then said, “If we can pick up on your feelings when you only marked us, I can't imagine what you are picking up since you drew the blood.”
 
“I can somewhat feel the intensity of your feelings for each other. It is not something I can truly comprehend. Even though Kagome accepts me and allows me to satisfy my needs with her, her feelings are not the same for me as they are for you. Both of your auras have a completeness and tranquility they did not have before. I have decided that the only way I can experience this for myself is by finding my own mate. I had heard speculation that I was waiting for Rin to be old enough, but I think of her more as my own pup, not a potential mate. That was one reason I decided to wait until she is old enough to give her the choice of being bonded to me for life. If I was planning to eventually take her as my mate, I would not have hesitated.”
 
“Why would others think you were waiting for Rin?” Kagome asked.
 
“Because of Father, and now InuYasha's attraction to a human. I also returned home smelling of you more than once. They figure it runs in the bloodline,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
“Oh,” Was all Kagome could manage as she stroked Kirara, who was once again in her arms.
 
 
They were hungry when they returned to the village. It was past lunchtime, but Sango had food waiting for them.
 
After they ate Miroku and Sango showed InuYasha, Kagome, and Sesshomaru around the village. They were proud of the progress they had made with their repairs. Their visitors had to agree - they had managed to do a lot between just the two of them in the few months they had been there.
 
Sesshomaru was impressed when Sango showed them the building that was used to house the demon parts where the slayers' armor and weapons were made. Sesshomaru could tell from some of the remains that were there that these humans were not to be taken lightly. The slayers had killed some ferocious demons as well as uncountable lesser ones when the village was at its height. Sesshomaru could see why Sango was such a strong fighter and opponent if this was her background. He could also see why Naraku would have feared them and sent his hoard to destroy the village.
 
At dinner Kagome said that they should probably be on their way the next day. InuYasha nodded in agreement. He didn't want to be stuck on the road when the new moon came.
 
Sesshomaru looked at Shippou and asked, “Do you intend to come home with Rin?”
 
Shippou nodded his response, “I haven't changed my mind.”
 
“Good. Be prepared to leave with us in the morning. We will escort Kagome and InuYasha back to their village first and then we will return home,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
Rin stood and took Shippou's hand. “Good night, everyone.”
 
Kagome looked at InuYasha and Sesshomaru. She was ready to retire if they were going to be traveling all day the following day. She rose and yawned and told Sango and Miroku good night as well.
 
InuYasha and Sesshomaru rose and silently followed after her.
 
As Kagome entered their hut, she chucked her clothes and lay on her sleeping bag on her back, legs spread with her knees bent. InuYasha and Sesshomaru looked at each other. They could both feel what she wanted as well as smell her arousal, and neither would be the one to deny her.
 
When Kagome was finally exhausted, and all three satiated, they curled up together and drifted off to sleep.
 
 
* * ^~^ * *
 
 
AN: For the description of Midoriko and the man that was part of the merged youkai, refer to InuYasha Manga Part 91, “Birth of the Shikon Jewel.”