InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bound For Tomorrow: Sesshomaru and Rin ❯ Bonding ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA - DUH.
A/N: Just a quick update to prove to all that I HAVE NOT and WILL NOT abandon this story. It is moving right along and I'm sorry that RL and OL drama have given my muse the boot as of late, but I am DETERMINED to continue this story. Hope you all enjoy. Also, I'm trying to get a feeling of how many people are actually still READING this story, or if I've lost a bunch of you, so if you could review, even just with a 'happy face' or something to let me know you are out there, I'd appreciate it beyond measure.
Like all good things eventually the 'morning after' had to come to an end, and the reality of the situation presented itself in all its wonderful glory. Properly reassured and feeling much more like his usual self, Sesshomaru decides that it is time for 'business' as usual. The next three days are going to be eventful, and he has much to explain to his new mate, as well as human bonding ceremony to prepare for.
Reluctantly, Sesshomaru allows Rin to disentangle her limbs from his own and escape the loving embrace of his fur to stand and walk to the water basin, collecting a few cloths to cleanse herself with on the way. It amazes him how he cannot seem to stop staring at her. Even the simple movements she makes to wash away the sweat and wonderfully musky scented combination of both of their intimate fluids enchant him, and there is little in this world that could have distracted him from the graceful way she lifts each of her legs as she wipes her inner thighs.
"Urg, I need a real bath." She complains to herself aloud.
Instantly, his body stiffens and a low growl escapes as one corner of his upper lip curls back to reveal a gleaming canine fang. She will not wash away his scent before it has a chance to properly permeate her, and 'set', so as to become permanent. For the next three days, uncomfortable as she may be, he will bathe her only in his scent laden saliva, cleansing her with his tongue.
These next three days are absolutely crucial to the future of their relationship. These hours are to be spent building the strongest possible bond between the two of them. The mark will assist, but the bond must be built through ritual grooming, feeding, and care of the each other. Above all, they must be in close physical proximity of each other, and she must not be removed from his scent range. If their bond is soured in any way, it is possible the youkai within him will turn on her, and perceive her as a 'deserter' to their relationship. If his youkai feels she has rejected him, or she is not loyal and committed to him - he will be helpless to stop himself from instinctually killing his traitorous bitch.
"No bath." He warns, still growling at her. The mark he has given her has apparently gifted her with something in the way of youkai instinct, because Rin tips her head back and lifts her chin. Her tongue peaks out and licks her upper lip, as her human anatomy dictates that she in unable to lick her own nose and immediately his own lips settle back into familiar neutrality. Even though she has submitted to his edict without explanation, he feels it best to elaborate, she must understand the significance of these next days. "You will not wash my scent from your skin before it has a chance to settle and become permanent. Your hygiene will be seen to in ritual grooming sessions."
"Grooming?" Rin puzzles aloud rhetorically, dropping her head back to a normal position, she finally makes her way to him and picks up her discarded sleeping yukata. She seems cautious now though, and holds it as though she expects him to inspect it, "May Rin dress?"
He smirks at the return of her submissive and childish speech patterns, "Yes, of course, this Sesshomaru"he emphasizes the use of third person and sees Rin's cheeks brighten in realization of her over-caution with him now, "will do so as well, momentarily."
With all the grace of his station he rises and uses the wash basin as well, noting the white rag comes away with the faintest hint of blood on it, from the loss of her maiden head. His smug satisfaction is tamped down by his sudden concern for her well being. Perhaps he should not have allowed them to mate again so soon after the taking of her innocence?
"Rin… are you… alright?" He looks her over with soft golden eyes, searching for any hint of discomfort in her stance or scent, yet he can find none, despite his decidedly rough treatment of her the night before, and their activities upon waking this morning. "Are you… sore? In any discomfort?"
Rin's cheeks flame and she looks down, knowing to what he is referring. The confident vixen of the night pervious has left her now and left a fifteen year old newly wed in its place, "I'm fine, I… think it's the effects of the shard." Her hand comes up to rest in the valley between her breasts, indicating the location of the magical object which will allow her to remain forever at his side, un-aging, healthy, uninjured and alive.
"Hn." He nods, satisfied; satisfied until he hears her stomach growl, that is, "You are, however, hungy." He notes with amusement that she again blushes. The girl is going to faint if she doesn't learn to control the rush of blood to her head.
"Yes." She nods, watching as Sesshomaru retrieves his clothing and hastily dresses, before he runs his fingers through his long hair, smoothing it into falling into a perfect silver waterfall down over his shoulders. Rin has never been able to get her own hair to behave in such a manner, and she self consciously tugs at the knots in her own hair, cursing the chopsticks for falling out in the heat of passion, leaving her hair ruly and wild appearing this morning.
Suddenly, he is behind her, running his claws through her hair for her and detangling the snarls with expert ease and efficiency. She must be presentable at all times, if she is to walk at the side of one such as he, and he cannot risk leaving her while he goes to inform the servants that a morning meal is required for his lady.
"Rin come. We will order a meal brought for you, and we will talk over your breakfast."
"Talk?" She says this as if having an entire conversation with him is not only unexpected, but a downright shocking idea to her. His lips curl up and his eyes sparkle with amusement,
"Yes, talk. I have much to explain to you about what will occur in these next three days. How you are to behave, and what will be expected of you if we are to bond properly."
"Bond?" Her eyebrows furrow and her nose scrunches. Her lips turn down as she considers what he's said. He can't help but be amused once again at the adorable, (there is that ridiculous terminology again), look on her face. He suddenly wraps his arm around her, flattening his hand on her lower back and dragging her to him. He gathers his ki beneath her feet, lifting her up to his level. He seals her lips with his own as she squeaks in surprise at being levitated off the ground so suddenly and forces his tongue past her lips, which yield easily to his insistent demand.
"Ummmmmm." She moans, hooking her arms loosely around his neck and tilting her head. When they finally disengage, both panting for air, he presses his forehead to her own and stoically as he can manage confirms for her, "Yes. Bond."