InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bound For Tomorrow: Sesshomaru and Rin ❯ Chapters 15 -12 ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Sesshoumaru and Rin, or any other charcter from the `InuYasha: A feudal fairy tale' manga or anime, and I make nothing from writing this work of fiction.
 
For ease of posting this next “chapter” here on mediaminer is actually chapters `5-22' on fanfiction.net, where I USUALLY post/update my stories MUCH faster.
 
If you'd like to keep up with my more than 200 stories (if you include each chp for `Ravynskye's Drabbles, that is) for Sess/Rin and the many other stories I have, including Byakuya/Rukia, Renji/Rukia for `Bleach', and Yuuki/Kaname, Yuuki/Zero, Yuuki/Kaname/Zero for Vampire Knight, and Vivi/Hana for Hana To Akuma then may I humbly suggest that you follow me on fanfiction dot net on well.
 
http(colon)(slash)(slash) fanfiction(dot)(net)(forward slash)~ravynskye
 
 
Chapter 15: Breakfast

A/N:
Here is another quick update, especially for Kat Heartkins. I will most likely be writing shorter chapters, just so I can update more often.
Regarding last chapter and blood coming away from on Sess's rag, despite Rin not having a 'maidenhead' - even without a hymen, sexual intercourse for the first time causes tiny little tears in vaginal walls, and so a woman can bleed from it. It is normal and is not an indication of serious harm.

Sitting in the room set aside for guest to dine, Rin sat across from Sesshomaru, smiling as dishes were brought out to her. Her breakfast consisted of rice with raw egg over it, and a few vegetables and pieces of raw tuna.
"Looks wonderful, thank you." She said to the servant girl who had brought the food. Rin noted that Sesshomaru was not having any thing to eat, but only sighed slightly and shook her head. He would never eat 'human' food.
Only after Sesshomaru had dismissed the servant girl, did Rin move to pick up her chop sticks to eat. She was startled slightly when Sesshomaru's large hand gripped her wrist, turning it over carefully, and took the chopsticks from her with his free hand.
"Sesshomaru?" she questioned.
"Allow me." He released her hand, and instead picked up her bowl of rice and egg. He carefully gathered some of the rice between the chop sticks and brought them to her lips.
Rin blushingly opened her mouth, feeling somewhat foolish. Why was he feeding her like she was a child? Still she complied, assuming that he had a reason for doing so, and, nervously rubbing the 'mark' at her shoulder, she considered that perhaps it had something to with the 'bonding rites' he had spoken of before.
"You are correct." He said suddenly.
"Huh?" Rin was confused. He was responding to her as though she had spoken aloud, but she knew she hadn't. Was he… reading her mind?
Yes. Rin heard his voice echo in her head. She started, dropping her hand from the mark and looking nearly horrified. Was he going to be privy to all her most private and intimate thoughts now? This could be so awkward!
"How… how are you doing that?" Setting down the now empty bowl of rice, Sesshomaru regarded her calmly for a moment, attempting to send calming waves of energy to her before speaking again. He noticed Rin settle down and breathe deeply. "I can… smell… no… feel you…" she whispered in awe.
"We are connected now. We are able to send vague emotions to the other at any time, and direct telepathic communication is possible when you stimulate your own mark. Only at when you began to rub at it, could I read your direct thoughts, although I am aware of your emotional state, even beyond what your scent gives off, at all times. You, being human, will most likely only feel only my strongest emotions or those I intentionally covey to you, for now."
Rin frowned, "That's not fair! You already smell me so much more than I smell you and now you can sense me more than I sense you! That is so not fair!"
Sesshomaru lifted his lips in a small toothless smile, "Which is precisely why I wish for our bond to become strong. You will undoubtedly experience the benefits of my mark far more if we cultivate a strong bond."
"Oh… okay." Rin's brows knit together in concentration once more, "You said that you could hear my thoughts if I stimulated my own mark… how do I read yours, if you don't have a mark? Can you read my thoughts if you are the one who touches my mark?"
So many questions…
" Though I am able to send my thoughts to you already, the mark has other purposes and benefits as well, and if, after three days, our bond becomes strong enough… my inner youkai will appear and request you mark me as well." If it were in his nature, Sesshomaru would have blushed. He never did like to acknowledge the potential for his alpha inner youkai to submit to a female, but - it could not be denied. His instincts ruled all, when it came down to matters of mating. If his beast was suitably impressed with a mate he would submit to her, and request to be marked as belonging to her. He had never considered that there would ever be a female who had the potential to bring his beast to all fours, crawling to her and begging for affection and praise. Unfortunately for his pride, there was little doubt in Sesshomaru's conscious mind that his sub-conscious mind would do just such a thing; when the time came he would acknowledge Rin as the only one to whom he would both kneel and bow to. His inner beast would beg for her acknowledgement and the right to protect her, serve her and defend her. It was only a matter of time. "As for what happens if it is I who stimulates your mark…" he leaned forward and brushed the back of a claw over the place where his fangs had been buried the night before, sending a thought to Rin's head, even as her face flushed and she squirmed, rubbing her knees together as tingles shot from the mark to her nipples, down her spine and straight to her intimate areas,
It is erotic… She heard in her mind.
"Okay! Stop that!" she cried, loud enough to surprise them both. Quickly she regained her composure as he drew his hand away, and followed in a whisper, "don't you ever do that in public again!" she chastised, embarrassed at her body's involuntary reaction.
Sesshomaru looked, for a moment, like she had struck him. He had been over eager in his little 'demonstration, and had obviously angered and embarrassed her. He looked away for a moment, suitably chastised, though he offered no apology. He felt a small hand on his forearm, and he flicked his gaze back to Rin's.
"Only in public." She whispered reassuringly.
Sesshomaru nodded awkwardly and picked up the plate of fish and chopsticks.
"Let us finish your meal, before we go and retrieve your things from my younger brother's residence, and speak to the monk once more."
Rin nodded and allowed him to feed her as he elaborated more on the 'bonding rites' and their importance, pausing every now and then answer any questions of hers, though she kept them to a minimum.
When they were done, as she was rising she snuck her fingertips beneath the 'v' shaped neckline of her yukata and thought,
I love you.
She heard his footsteps pause behind her, and she glanced over her shoulder, her cheeks pink and her smile soft as she dropped both her hand and her eyes to her side.
He came to stand behind her and her head turned to face the front as his arm wrapped around her middle and his palm flattened against her stomach and he pressed the length of his body against hers. A stray lock of his hair fell over her shoulder when he leaned forward, and his lips brushed her ear as a low inaudible growl from deep in his chest vibrated against her back and a word escaped his lips in a warm rush of breath across the sensitive shell of her ear, causing her breath to hitch.
"Mmmmiiiiinnnneee."
Abruptly, he released her, taking the lead and walking as if nothing had happened back to their room, pausing to inform the servant girl that Rin would need to be dressed in the room, and to bring her kimono there, as Rin just stared on after him.
"Come Rin, don't dawdle." He called, without looking back at her.
A slow smile spread across her face, and she called back and skipped up behind him, "Hai, Sesshomaru-sa… Sesshomaru."
He ignored her slip-up and continued on. There was much to do today.

Chapter 16: Children

Walking through the village on the way to his brother's hut with Rin proved to be an exercise in both Sesshomaru's patience and tolerance. The whispers of the day before were back, although this time they were more directed at Rin than at him.
Many people commented on the noises which were heard coming from the inn. Some had speculated that he had killed her. Some said it had been accidental, and he had done so in the heat of passion, and his howl was one of remorse, while others assumed he that he had murdered her on purpose and his victory howl was made when his fangs sunk into her flesh.
It astounded him that the humans would still question his motivations after he had spent years providing for the girl's needs and catering even to some of her girlish desires for things such as combs mirrors and fans, lipcolor and hair decorations. If his motivation were to kill or devour her why would he have wasted time in first seeing to her comfort? He could have snapped her neck in an instant and devoured her in a single swallow, if he had chosen to. No demon played with their prey for so long before attacking.
The stupidity of humans never ceased to amaze him. It seemed only the children of the village were immune from spouting such nonsense. While many were afraid, an equal number of them seemed fascinated with the tall taiyoukai walking amongst their numbers. Several had expressed curiosity over his fur and a few had even expressed a desire to touch it. Perhaps Rin had not been so unique as he had origianally thought when she found him?
No.
At the moment he did not appear threatening beyond the fact that he was obviously youkai. When Rin had stumbled upon him he had growled at her with blazing red eyes and elongated fangs, presenting quite a frightening countance to any mortal - let alone one so young. It also seemed as if many of these kodomo ningen were familiar with Rin, and seemed to believe that anyone in her company must be trustworthy. It was a foolish notion, on the whole, but one that served his purposes well.
Passing the shops, a few of the pubescent males made remarks regarding his new mate, ranging from it being a 'shame' that one so attractive as Rin would choose to bind herself to a 'creature' such as himself, to saying that it a good thing they had been made aware of her 'perversions' in this way, and were grateful that they had not 'married' her before knowing of her 'devious desires'.
Many speculated on his 'behaviors' during 'love making' - wondering if he had 'humped her leg' or 'drooled' on her or any number of behaviors usually associated with mortal dogs that had nothing to do with him. As if he would be so base.
Never before had Sesshomaru seen anything amusing in his behaviors in the least. While, he did admit, there were several times that Inuyasha's inability to overcome his canine instincts had proven itself to be quite humorous. Sesshomaru did not go chasing after every random fallen tree branch that was thrown, or scratch his ears with his feet - at least in this form.
One particularly brave child escaped the watchful, or not so watchful, gaze of its mother and ran innocently towards Rin. She saw this and smiled, dropping down to great the boy at his level, while extending her arms for him, "Ichigo!"
Curious to witness the interaction, Sesshomaru halted his steps and observed Rin with the wayward ningen offspring. He wondered if she treated human children as warmly as she had treated his brother's children?
To see a female so comfortable with young ones was… different. His own mother, while never cruel to him as a child, was very… distant. He had not many childhood memories that included her. He had often thought that he would require his own mate to be of a different temperament concerning offspring. After all, whelps prospered much more easily when they had consistent role models, something which he felt he had lacked, in the never ending parade of tutors and servants. He had been a… difficult child, and most did not last long in his company. The turn over rate in his caretakers was staggering. It did not help matters that the only adults with the authority to bring consequence to his actions were more often than not either absent or uninterested. Looking back, perhaps some of his less-than-desirable behaviors had been attempts to garner the attentions of the only adults who's opinions and attentions he cared for?
Again he was alone in the courtyard and bored. Again the other children would not play with him because he wanted to play 'war', (as usual) and they only wanted to play ball. They said they didn't want to play 'war' with him because he was always too 'rough'.
Weaklings! 'War' is supposed to be rough! How do they expect to win if they are always showing mercy to the enemy? Baka kodomo!
No matter. Once he was big and strong he would never be ignored again! ALL would know his name and wish to be in his company!
No! Everyone would adore him so much! He would be the king of everything! He would have demons practically begging to be his friend! He, Sesshomaru, would be the center of it all! Just like his Lord Father was so loved by everyone in his lands, he too would be sought after, but not only by those of the west - but everyone, because he would conquer all the lands, rule everything and everyone and he could command them to play with him then! Being the Lord's first born they should have felt honored to be his playmates! And it was even more unfair that his most recent nursemaid refused to make the other's play with him. He couldn't wait until he could give the orders around this place… He'd have all those other whelps locked up in their rooms forever, and they could only come out if they agreed to play 'war' with him whenever he wanted! Yes! That's what he would do, when he was Lord.
When he was big and strong…
"Sesshomaru-kun! Come along, it is time for your calligraphy lessons, followed by ikebana practice." His instructor called out.
"Hn. Ikebana is a waste of time. No one arranges flowers on a battlefield. That's female stuff!" He huffed and made his way slowly towards the sliding shoji.
When I'm bigger and my poison comes in I'm gonna melt every flower in the shiro so no one can make me practice Ikebana anymore!
This is so unfair!
Father promised he would take me to get a sword from Totosai and instead he goes off on his own again. He completely forgot about me! Stupid Father and his stupid fangs and this stupid shiro and stupid flowers and stupid EVERYTHING.
"That may be true, my young lord-to-be, but it was your father who ordered you be instructed in such a thing. Perhaps he thought you might learn something from it."
"Do not refer to this Sesshomaru as '-kun'. This Sesshomaru is '-sama' to you."
The instructor's gentle and amused smile did nothing to stem the young lord-to-be's annoyance as he agreed but chuckled softly under his breath, "Of course… Sesshomaru-sama."
Upon reaching her the small boy, even smaller than Rin had been when she first encountered him wounded in that grove, allowed himself to be lifted, wrapping his small arms around Rin's neck and wrapping his legs around her middle while seating himself on the shelf of her cocked hipbone. He smiled widely and hugged Rin tightly for a few moments before pulling back, still beaming at her.
"Are you doing well today?" Rin asked. The boy did not respond verbally, but instead continued to smile, while nodding vigorously, "Where is your Okaa-san?" Again the boy made no verbal response, instead turning and pointing in the general direction of a group of women, chatting and holding laundry. "Does she know you've run off?" Rin asked, with a slight playful accusation. When the boy only shook his head in the negative, Sesshomaru finally concluded that this boy, much like Rin had been when he found her, was mute.
"Rin?" There was no need to voice his question, she would know regardless.
"Uh… Ichigo is um… the same as Rin when you found her." Rin's answer was awkward, as she did not want to draw attention to the boy's condition in front of him.
"You care especially for this child?"
"Yes." Rin nodded, smiling and looking back at the young boy in her arms.
"I see. Put him down." Rin gave him a questioning look, but did as he commanded.
"Come here, boy." The boy slowly and hesitantly approached the diayoukai, glancing back at Rin who gave him an encouraging nod. When he got close, Sesshomaru came to his knees, and the boy stood before him. With his hands at his sides, he gave a small bow.
By now several villagers began to stare. The boy's mother had finally noticed him missing and when she saw her son standing before the demon her face froze in terror. She did not scream, as if afraid to startle the 'animal' that was so near to her son. No one moved, no one spoke, few dared to even breathe. No one could believe that Rin had allowed the boy so close.
"Ichi-" The mother began to call, but a single deadly glare from Sesshomaru and she was silent again.
"Your condition makes you weak, boy." Sesshomaru's clawed hand came out, lightly gripping the child's throat, "Wretched, and unfit to live." The boy showed confusion in his face, but not fear. He was likely more shocked at the insult than anything. Good. Keep him distracted. Sesshomaru leaned in close to the boy and commanded softly, "Close your eyes."
With a flick of Sesshomaru's wrist the boy's neck was snapped, and he fell heavily on the ground in a lifeless heap.

Chapter 17: A gift she didn't ask for

Rin gasped in shock, however she knew immediately Sesshomaru's intentions.
The same was not true of the villagers. The boy's mother screamed and made to run for him, while a few of the men drew their swords, intent on avenging the death of one of their own.
Rin looked around in horror at the chaotic scene her mate had caused and, even though his intentions were good she couldn't help but be angry with him.
Damn his pride!
Did he think he could kill a child in the middle of the village, in front of everyone, in front of the child's mother, without explaining himself or announcing his intentions and it would be okay?
Sesshomaru watched impassively at the idiotic humans and their pointless anger. He smiled a tiny smug smile at how stupid they would feel when he brought the child back to life, healed of his malady. Perhaps they might even be grateful? Not that he cared or anything…
Sesshomaru ignored the angry men with drawn swords who were screaming words of hatred and offering up pointless challenges they could not honestly hope to present to one such as himself.
Instead of acknowledging them he drew Tenseiga. This action had the effect of making the men of the village even more angry - for they now believed he intended to battle with them - than before.
"First he bewitches one of our women and rapes her, and then he kills one of our children! Let's vanquish this mononoke once and for all! C'mon men!" screamed a particularly brave, or more likely a particularly stupid human man, who was near the front of the crowd.
Before the men could charge a red and white blur jumped in front of Rin and Sesshomaru with his own sword drawn.
"Everyone just calm the fuck down!" Inuyasha yelled to the angry mob advancing on his brother and his sister in-law. Inuyasha knew Sesshomaru was a bastard, but he would not have killed a helpless human child - especially in front of Rin. Something was going on here…
Sesshomaru, ignoring the growing angry mob completely, lowered his heavenly fang above the child's small and broken body.
He called it's aura, willing his sword to work, and both revive and heal the child his mate held such affections for, and felt such a connection with.
He had felt how she saw so much of her younger self in this small boy when she had held him in her arms, as she had wished someone would hold her. Heard the kindness in her voice when she spoke with him, as she wished others would have spoken with her, even though she could not have spoken back, just as she knew the boy could not respond to her either.
Compassion.
Rin had taught him the trait, and for her, he had always felt it most deeply. And for the child, Rin had felt it. Tenseiga worked because of and thrived on compassion. Through her, through Rin - Sesshomaru himself had been able to feel it once again, this time for the boy. He realized that it was likely that it was Rin alone who paid the boy much mind - as evidenced by how easily his mother had lost track of him. Once he took Rin away from this place the boy would most likely be almost completely ignored, as Rin had been before he had… well, before she had found him.
Rin would not want that.
Sesshomaru wanted nothing to be cause for Rin to feel either reluctance or hesitation when it came time for her to leave this village with him. He wished for her to be nothing but both eager and happy when she departed to embark on a life spent at his side, serving as his mate and lady of the Western Lands.
Sesshomaru's pride would be wounded if Rin were to have even the faintest of reservations about leaving this human settlement to be with him.
He narrowed his eyes as Tenseiga pulsed in his grip and the messengers of the underworld appeared before his gaze.
As a gift for Rin, Tenseiga, I ask you to revive and heal this boy… For Rin…
The sword pulsed again and with two sure swipes Sesshomaru turned the messengers of death to wisps of smoke.
Inuyasha was beginning to have trouble holding the men back and the child's mother was nearly hysterical now, when suddenly the boy peaked his head around Inuyasha's hakama pant leg, peering at the angry mob with somewhat frightened wide eyes, but did as Rin had told him and very slowly and cautiously stepped out in front of Inuyasha and gave a small bow.
The men's' eyes grew wide and one by one, they dropped their swords in shock. One finally spoke up and in a shaky voice he called to the boy, "I… Ichigo? Is that… Is that you?"
The boy shocked them all even more when he replied back in a quiet voice,
"Hai…"
The boy's mother fainted.
Snapping her out of the shock the held her riveted to the spot as she watched the chaotic scene her mate had caused, Rin heard his deep, calm, and completely indifferent voice, call to her from her left "Rin, come."
Calm as ever Sesshomaru made his way around the trouble knot of humans that had formed itself around the 'miracle boy' and Rin followed with mixed emotions, noting distantly that Inuyasha was now following the pair with a scowl on his face, to match her puzzled frown.
What was she supposed to feel after that benevolent, but completely arrogant display?
She was… grateful, surprised, angry, happy, proud, amazed, annoyed, disgusted with his arrogance and how he thought he could just do as he pleased - kill a child in front of its mother and not explain himself or offer the poor woman reassurance…
What was he thinking? Whodoes he think he is? Pulling a stunt like that for the whole village to see? That arrogant bastard!
It was in that moment of anger and disgust when Rin felt large, strong, claw tipped fingers gently laces themselves between her small thin delicate ones and Sesshomaru lightly squeezed her hand. When she looked up into his face, Rin could clearly see the questioning look in his eyes and the downward turn of his mouth. He could sense that Rin's emotions were in a state of flux, and she was less than completely pleased with his actions concerning the boy she so cared for.
Rin could never stay angry with him though… especially when in the end he had done something so… kind; and so she bent her arm at the elbow and walked slightly behind him to adjust for their height differences, indicating that she wished for Sesshomaru to continue to hold her hand.
Three words echoed in her mind, “For you Beloved.
The final word echoed in her heart as well.
Though no one else heard it, she had - and it was the first time he had ever acknowledged…
Rin smiled brightly and squeezed back. Beloved…? She thought, pleasantly surprised at his use of such an affectionate term. He never ceased to amaze her, and she felt so… proud of him for daring to say something like that, even if it was only so that she could hear it… She could get used to hearing things like that from him, she thought happily.
One day she would ask him to say it aloud.

Chapter 18: Creature Comforts

Disclaimer: I do not own Sesshomaru, Rin or any of the characters in this story... cuz I'm not the awesomeness known as Rumiko Takahashi
A/N: Just another quick short update - written mostly in flashback form, because this idea wouldn't leave my BRAIN for this story - so I had to get it out.
Sesshomaru watched his brother set the crates down with a scowl and wrinkle of his nose… no doubt the Hanyou could smell the sex in the room, and being that it was the scent of Sesshomaru he was having a hard time not losing his lunch.
He watched him retreat out of the room with not a glance over his shoulder, and breathed a silent breath, detesting the fact that his brother's scent was now in the room that he was expected to stay in for the next several days.
The day had worn his patience thin, dealing with the lecherous monk, while less vexing than dealing with nearly any other member of his brother's pack was an arduous task… especially when one was known to have had relations the night before.
Never the less the time and place for the human bonding ceremony had been set and he had said nothing as the miko had insisted that Rin and Sesshomaru 'leave the rest to her'. He was annoyed and apprehensive about leaving the planning of something like this to a woman who had willingly mated with his brother… in his mind this left her judgment quite… suspect.
Rin had nodded and smiled politely, and giggled watching Inuyasha use a large stick and rope to rig the crates over his shoulders. Huffing and panting he'd bemoaned the fact that he was the one carrying Rin's things… However when Sesshomaru had reached out with a single hand and gripped the center of the stick, the large heavy crates tied on the ends like a scale, and effortless bared the burden with a single arm; Inuyasha had insisted he was more than strong enough to handle it and demanded to be the one to carry them.
That fool is so easily manipulated…
Sesshomaru held in his smirk as he handed the load back to his brother and walked - burden free - back to the inn with Rin attached to his elbow.
Rin was a forgiving soul and had seemingly pardoned him from any wrongdoing in the brief but dramatic death of the small child.
Now he was here in the inn with his mate once more, ready to relax. He was becoming hungry… but there was only human food available at the inn, and he could not leave his new mate to hunt… it was problematic, because he could only hunt if she accompanied him, and yet he was loathe to hunt in her presence.
He did not want her to see him in such an… animalistic state.
Yes, he hunted game… but the way he did so was anything but dignified and he had always hunted alone. The one time he reverted to instinctual behaviors while in this form - save anger or sexual situations - was when he ate, and he always preferred to eat alone.
Still, it had been nearly six days since his last meal, as getting to Rin quickly had been his top priority, and he was feeling the effects of his self-neglect.
Surely he wouldn't die if he didn't eat for two more days, but a human could go weeks without food - that didn't mean they liked to, and it was the same with him.
Resigning himself to another night without raw fresh meat, he briefly considered… could he eat it cooked?
Perhaps… he could choke it down?
"Do you require food, Rin?" he asked, suddenly hoping she'd say she was hungry. He had always made sure to feed Rin exceptionally well… especially after…
She had been with him almost five months, and he was, by now, not only used to her… He enjoyed her.
He enjoyed her tagging along with him, the sound of her feet padding the ground at his side and if he deigned to tilt his chin downward, seeing the top of her dark head and her ponytail bobbing with each step.
This day however she was falling behind, her steps slow and her breathing slightly labored. There was also this awful stench coming from her, and he was in search of a hot spring for her to bathe in, and rid herself of the odor.
Upon finding one, he looked at the small girl, whose cheeks were flushed and whose eyes dropped; slightly watery.
"Bathe here, Rin." He commanded.
He turned and sat on a rock, facing her, but staring off into the distance and paying no attention whatsoever beyond listening to make sure she didn't drown as she slipped her kimono over her head and stepped into the spring.
She pulled her ponytail out of her hair and set the small bit of leather it was tied with aside. Rin scrubbed her skin and ran her fingers through her hair. Completing her bathing rituals in expedient fashion.
Sesshomaru-sama did not like to be kept waiting.
When finally the warm water began to get to her and fatigue set in, she did sit down on a rock, attempting to soak. Her little body ached and the steam had unplugged her stuffy nose and now it was running.
She was sick.
Rin knew she was sick, but she knew something else as well…
Sesshomaru-sama did not like… inconveniences.
If she was too much trouble, he might get rid of her. Rin would rather die than leave Sesshomaru-sama and return to life as an orphaned outcast in some human village.
Only a few minutes later Sesshomaru-sama commanded that she exit the onsen with the same detached tone he always used, but for once in her life, Rin was slow to follow his command. The water felt so good on her aching muscles and she could finally breath through her nose again and… she just felt so icky.
Rin stood and turned to him, intent on asking for something she almost never asked for.
More TIME. It seemed odd that he would be so impatient, and always in such a hurry, considering that time meant nothing to him… Rin supposed he was simply a restless spirit by nature, always needing to be on-the-go in order to feel content. The odd thing was, Rin knew that despite the fact that Sesshomaru-sama was in a hurry… he was never really going anywhere.
There was no sign of Naraku. He'd given up on Tetsusaiga. He had his sword, tokijin. There was nothing for him to really do.
Rin could simply intuit that he seemed more as if he were running from something. It was as if he thought he could outrun his past, his feelings, himself - if only he kept moving. He never wanted to catch up to himself.
He especially didn't want to go… home.
He must have had a home at some point, right? He is a daimyo, daimyo no nishie. That title must mean he has a home, right?
"Sesshomaru-sama?" Rin called, standing in the knee high water.
"What is it?" His face turned to face her and for a moment Rin thought she saw shock in the widening of his eyes as he looked at her - naked - for the first time ever.
Sesshomaru was hard pressed not to outright gasp when he saw Rin nude for the first time. While he always guarded the area she bathed in, or commanded Jaken to do so, he'd never bothered to pay attention to her, beyond seeing that she didn't drown, and wasn't attacked, eaten or carried off by some other Youkai or human.
Rin was bone thin.
How… how had her appearance changed so drastically without his noticing… moreover… Why had it changed?
Sesshomaru was no expert on human physiology… but he was reasonably sure that the breast bone of an eight year old girl should not show her sternum in such stark relief.
"May Rin please stay in for a few more minutes?" The small girl asked, seemingly oblivious to her deteriorating health.
Sesshomaru gave a dip of his chin as his permission while he pondered the possible causes of her reed-thin frame.
The most logical explanation was that she was not getting enough nourishment… But he'd even recently taken to giving her food if she was unable to find any for a day or two. Clearly, this was insufficient.
"Rin." He called, and when she turned to him with a 'hai' he paused.
Was he really doing this? Was he really learning about humans for her sake?
How far the mighty had fallen, and to be felled by an eight year old human girl-child?
Pathetic… Still…
"How often does the average human consume food?"
The question shocked Rin. True, she ate almost once every day… but it was usually just a few mushrooms or some stolen crop. Rarely, she was fortunate enough to catch fish. She was hungry… often. But unless she was really desperate, she didn't ask to stop. She had tried not to be a nuisance with her needs… Was he going to say she had to eat less often, because she was taking up too much time in her searches for edibles?
She didn't want to tell him… He would surely think she was too much trouble… but… He could smell if she lied.
Nervously, she answered, in hushed tone, "When Rin lived with her family, she ate three times each day, Sesshomaru-sama." She was quick to add, "But Rin doesn't need that much! Rin is fine!"
The girl reaked of that disgusting smell, and now fear… Why would such an inquiry produce such results? Sesshomaru was puzzled.
Then Sesshomaru was shocked, again.
Most require food three times each day… And yet… The girl eats only once a day, or sometimes goes one or two days without consuming food?
Now, Sesshomaru was angry. It would not do to have a thin and underfed child follow him. Her appearance and state of health was a direct reflection on him. What good was a silk kimono if it fell off of an impossibly thin frame?
"Why is this was not brought to the attention of this Sesshomaru, before now?"
Why had she allowed herself to suffer hunger? That was one of the things he'd been attempting to save her from!
Save her… him… not tenseiga... him.
Yes. He had saved the girl; not the formerly lifeless sword. It could not be activated without a caring master, so it was him who had saved the girl, him who had wanted to save the girl.
It was him who had turned around to investigate the scent of her blood, in the first place.
And she was now his responsibility.
"Rin didn't want to be any trouble to Sesshomaru-sama." Rin answered honestly, hoping he'd see that she really didn't want to inconvenience him with her petty 'human things'. After all, on the rare times he left her because a clue to Naraku's whereabouts had been discovered, she got to eat as much as she could find near camp, as often as she wanted. It was only when they were always on the go that it became an issue.
Her answer shocked him. Rin should not suffer for his ignorance of humans… it was wrong. The girl was no trouble, ever. He would not mind the waiting, if it meant her health and well-being were maintained.
Suddenly there was a feeling of… guilt. He had neglected her. Even if it were unknowingly, it was not acceptable.
"You will stop for food three times throughout each day, from now on." He commanded, watching her consider this.
"But… Will Sesshomaru-sama always wait for Rin?" The worry in her voice; the fear of abandonment was obvious, even if he couldn't have also scented it.
"Yes. You will keep this Sesshomaru apprised of any changes in your health or needs, and such things will be accommodated within reason."
When Rin told him she was also 'sick' it struck him hard. For the first time in a very long time, Sesshomaru held camp for nearly a week and a half, allowing his girl to recover.
During that time, he hunted for her, and commanded Jaken to gather for her.
Rin would suffer hunger no longer, and never again.
"Yes, dinner sounds like a wonderful idea! Would you like me to order you up something raw? Beef or perhaps pork? After all, you must be hungry as well, and Rin knows Sesshoumaru would never eat anything cooked!" Her smile and giggle; the easy way she teased him… It was something that he'd never experienced with anyone else, and it made him all the more convinced of the 'rightness' of his decision to mate with her.
Rin was always so easy with him, and he didn't feel so… lonely… when she was at his side. She… understood him, like no other ever had before, and it made him feel… safe.
Safe to be himself around her, without fear of rejection… Or of disappointing her by not living up to some impossible standard; the kind of impossible standards so many others had placed upon him almost his entire life.
"Yes. Beef, raw and cubed."
"Hai!" Rin responded with her usual enthusiasm, before calling for a servant to bring food, "When we're done eating, what do you want to do then?"
Sesshomaru cocked a brow… She made this too easy, really. Even someone as inept as he was in these… things… could easily make a flirtatious suggestion.
"Did you not say you wished for a bath?" The over-bright gleam in his amber eyes was the only sign of his amusement with himself.
"Oh, but… You said that…" Rin trailed off, blushing furiously and lowering her head, only to peak up her eyes at him, "Yes. Rin would most definitely like a bath."
The quick flash of red in his eyes was nearly imperceptible, but Rin had clearly felt the sudden surge in him through her mark.
Apparently, she'd responded in a way that pleased and excited him.
By the Kami, the girl was perfect… responded to his every advance, clumsy though they may sometimes be… it was for these reasons that he loved the girl.
Rin.

Chapter 19: Bath Time LEMON!

The meal was passed in near silence, and with every bite Rin could feel her body hum with anticipation.
Rin watched as Sesshomaru begrudgingly choked down the raw beef cubes held from the end of her chopsticks and giggled when a stray thought of how much he missed the fresh blood on his tongue accidentally made its way to her mind.
He'd blanched at the realization but Rin was under no girly-illusions about her demon-mate and knew he was not human, and measured his morality by a far different standard.
When the meal was finally finished and both sets of chopsticks were broken, the tray set outside the shoji it was then than Rin felt her face heat up even more… She knew what was coming.
Sesshomaru watched Rin's every graceful movement as she moved their dishes to the outside of the room and silently contemplated the idea of running his tongue over her body… Each and every inch.
Her ever increasing arousal and anticipation could be felt and scented so clearly
How had his father denied himself this sort of connection… Simply in favor of philandering about with worthless whores.
A whore in a princess's robes was still a whore. Dirty human bitch! This time, `bitch' was clearly meant as an insult, in his mind. Kiisama, (The most rude way of calling some one) and not mesuinu, (the word for `female dog' or `bitch') was the word he'd internally used to refer to his father's choice in female mating partner.
The unexpected flare of anger startled Rin and she turned to him with wide alarmed eyes. It was only the grace of the kami that allowed for her ignorance of Sesshomaru's unexpected train of thought.
Rin is not Izayoi… Rin is not like other humans… Rin is special.
Rin is acceptance… Rin is love… Rin is life.
He could feel the innocence and radiate off of her, despite the fact that she was no longer a virgin. There was nothing about her he could consider 'sullied'…
Rin is perfect… a perfect mate to this Sesshomaru. His opposite and compliment, all wrapped up into one small, neat package.
His feelings shifted again, and suddenly he wanted her; wanted to reaffirm his claim over her.
His instincts would dictate that he copulate with her until she was impregnated with his seed and scent entirely.
"It is time." He declared in his familiar clear cool tone - but Rin could easily feel the hint of tension lurking just beneath the surface.
She nodded and rose to her knees.
His eyes burned brightly as Rin approached on her knees. He reached forward slowly and cupped her jaw line.
"Come closer, Rin." His voice slipped out like soft smoke on a breeze and for a moment she wasn't sure she could respond to his softly spoken command.
Almost as if on instinct her body leaned forward and found a spot between his legs, which were spread in a 'V' with bent knees. Rin soon found the back of her head crushed to his chest and his fingers woven in her hair.
His sharp claws traveled down the back of her neck, pulling at the strands of hair and a shiver ran through her at his touch.
He did not have to resort to touching the mark on her neck, every contact of the tips of his fingers gliding down the silk covering her back had her blushing furiously.
Rin had asked for a simple butterfly knot in her obi this morning, and was glad she had. He pulled the center with one harsh tug and it loosened. With another harsh tug at the hidden knot beneath the decorative one, her robes loosed even more, widening the 'V' of her neck line.
He hooked a finger at the dip of the kimono in the back of her neck and Rin rolled her shoulders back.
With precision and unhurried movements Sesshomaru removed the rest of her complicated ties and spread the silk of her garments. When they were finally totally lose he tossed them aside carelessly.
A hand with no stripes or claws ran along the length of her spine and Rin finally tipped her chin to meet his eyes.
He bent down, his large frame dwarfing her small one and brought his lips to the shell of her ear, his breath passing over and tingling the nerve endings.
"Lay back" he whispered, lowering his arm to support her weight and she closed her eyes and let him lay her before him… A much tastier meal than the one he'd just eaten.
Rin expected to feel his warm solid body immediately cover her own, but instead she found him grasping her foot. Her zori were haphazardly discarded and her tabi peeled away, leaving her totally bare.
Her eyebrows scrunched and when she felt grip and cradle the back of her ankle in one large hand and gently stretch her leg upwards, she threw her head back - once more exposing her neck and signaling her total submission.
She wasn't sure what he was going to do… But she trusted him, entirely.
When Rin could feel an alien warmth on her largest toe and suddenly a sinewy muscle burrow between that toe and the second, she opened her mouth in surprise. When she felt the oft-neglected digit sucked into the hot wet cavern of her lover's mouth, without even feeling a hint of the dangerous fangs she knew were there, she sucked in a breath and cried out.
Each individual toe was cleansed in such a way, and Rin fought not to squirm as the bottoms of her feet were thoroughly licked as well.
His tongue trailed upwards, over her a single ankle, and upwards in long wet swipes of his tongue to each knee, before he switched legs and repeated the actions.
Rin felt him move to the inner sensitive skin of her thigh, just above the knee and could already feel the tingling wetness creeping to her most intimate areas.
Higher… Go higher… Her mind begged.
But…
It was not to be…
Instead he leaned forward and crawled up her small body, his billowing sashanuki hakama brushing against her nudity as he moved.
Sesshomaru stopped and straddled her, himself still completely clothed, and surprised her again by leaning down and reaching to the side - grabbing her hand.
Each finger was taken into his mouth, licked and sucked and Rin had the vaguest wondering if this was even a hint of what he felt like when she would take him into her mouth? She supposed she'd never know anything beyond the reactions that produced, but it was interesting to ponder anyway.
Upwards, and over… Her wrist, her elbows her upper arms to her shoulders and finally to the sensitive skin of her neck.
So patient… So slow… Such intimate attentions to each and every inch of her flushed skin…
"Sesshomaru!" she moaned, when it seemed he was ready to begin a southward journey, letting go and ceasing the sucking of the rounded edge of her collar bone and lapping over her chest, above her breasts. Her nipples were already hard, and aching for stimulation and when she cried his name she felt the smirk of his lips move against her skin.
"Yes, Rin?" He mumbled his taunting into the skin between her breasts, and in-between his smooth light licks of her salty-sweaty skin.
This isn't really working as a 'bath'… He's just making me hot… and I'm just sweating and… … … even more than before.
Rin groaned and refused to respond, and in return she felt a small nip to the side of her breast. It didn't hurt - but it certainly got her attention…
"Speak." He commanded, and Rin didn't have time to think about the hilarity of a dog ordering a human to 'speak' before she answered.
"I… I… I don't really think this is working…" Sesshomaru ran his hand over her breast, slid to the curve of her waist, down over her him and settled his warm large hand directly over Rin's wet center.
"I believe, Rin, that it seems to be 'working' more than adequately, considering the intentions of This Sesshoumaru." A long finger ran along her wet seem and slipped inside of her and Rin bucked up in response while drawing panting breaths.
He moved slowly, pumping in and out and making light circles over the rough raised place within her.
"I thought… I thought you said 'bath'?" Rin protested weakly, despite the fact that her hips were now moving in circles in time with his motions, as she desperately sought more contact.
She didn't notice that Sesshomaru had used his other hand to untie his hakama until the flash of unexpected youki blew his kimono and juban open, exposing his chest - they were conveniently not tied appropriately.
He… He planned this!
She almost could have been angry, but right now the dark jagged stripes on his cheeks and the glowing amber eyes were far too entrancing for her to focus on any sort of 'afront' she may have felt at his planning to seduce her - and her succumbing so easily.
He removed his finger from her passage and pulled the open silk over his broad well muscled shoulders and arms and slipped his hakama to the floor. His fundoshi was sliced open and the obvious evidence of his arousal was exposed to her, for only a moment before he lowered himself to cover her.
Rin buried her face in his neck and groaned as she felt him grip his erection and slide it along her wet sex.
He mumbled into her ear, "I lied."
Rin groaned again and lifted her hips at the same time he pushed his forward, allowing him to press himself into her. Her hands reached far down and cupped his backside - willing him to shove himself into her faster and harder.
"Oh!"
She was so full! He was so thick and hot and hard and the throb of him inside her was something that would always blow her mind - she hoped.
He growled deeply in his chest and pulled back, before shoving himself sharply forward once again.
"Yes!" Rin whispered, praising his actions and letting him know she wanted him to continue in such a 'rough' manner… She didn't want him to be 'careful' with her, she wanted it hard and fast.
He bowed his back and pressed his forehead to her own while wrapping his arms around her shoulders and hugging her to him.
This should be uncomfortable… Laying on the uneven surface of his arms against the floor… Why can't I feel that?
It was only then she noticed that his youki was gathered beneath her and with his next thrust the phantom wind pushed against her lower back and shoved her hips forward with his.
"Oh, God!" She cried out, as his rhythm increased and his small grunts and low growls filled her ears.
Making love to a daiyoukai…
She wasn't sure how he could focus to control his ki that way - or if he even was doing it on purpose - but by the gods right now she didn't care.
Each movement was hard and fast and the pressure in her belly tightened as her sex thickened and swelled to keep him trapped in a strangle hold of passion and desire while he dragged himself in and out of her sweet, tight friction.
"Rrrrrrrriiiiiinnnn…" He growled pressing her against him when he felt her walls clamp around him in a final effort before she clenched and fluttered and squeezed around his aching member.
With a final rough thrust of his hips he stilled his motions and felt himself expand once again within her - the relief of his release pouring out in year old Rin (3 years ago).

Demonstration - flashback chapter - 9 year old Rin to 14 year old Rin, so 1 year before present time.
A/N: I realized I hadn't shown any of Rin's abilities yet in flashback and beyond a brief mention of her being proficient in a few different weapons, we haven't seen her in action. This is going to be VERY important to upcoming chapters, so I had to demonstrate she CAN fight… Otherwise it would have come out of nowhere and as a huge shock when we get out of the village. There will be another one of these just after the wedding, and we'll see her spar with Sess and the inutachi before we leave the village too. Rin's a scrapper! (Still, only human… But a tough little girl none-the-less!)

 
 
"Get up." Sango hovered over the nine year old girl.
"Stop it! Please Sango-sama!" Rin was close to tears. She hated this. She didn't mind her lessons in healing, in herbs, in writing hiragana, or any of the other things… but she hated her time spent with Sango-sama. Still, she got up.
"Draw." Rin glanced to the wooden sword at her hip and the intense look in Sango-sama's eyes… she didn't want to draw that sword, because as soon as she did, Sango-sama would come at her again and she'd panic and be on her butt.
"I… I don't want to." She confessed.
"Are you afraid of defeat?" Sango condescended. She was getting tired of this. It was common knowledge that Rin would most likely end up going back to Sesshomaru and if she couldn't defend herself when he was gone the girl was as good as dead. Who knew how much time she had to train her? Who knew when the next visit would come and Sesshomaru would give Rin the chance she so obviously wanted, to return to his side.
"No… I just…" Rin didn't know why it was that she hated this so much. It wasn't as if pain was a foreign concept to her and she'd long ago learned to take a beating… She didn't want to hurt anyone else though… besides… she shouldn't have to wield a sword…
Sesshomaru-sama would do that for her. What if she became strong, and he thought she didn't need him anymore?
Was that what this was? Trying to make her not need her Sesshomaru-sama anymore? Is that why they made her train like this?
"You wish to remain weak?" There was something like derision in Sango's tone. This was getting ridiculous, she didn't understand the girl's reasoning, "Why?"
"Rin needs Sesshomaru-sama." The girl whispered… Something she often said when a task was 'too hard' and she wanted to give up… but for the first time the light clicked on in Sango's head…
Rin… Needs… Sesshomaru-sama.
She wasn't saying she needed him to do it for her… She was saying she didn't want to NOT need him anymore.
"Do you think Sesshomaru-sama will suffer a weak human girl at his side? Do you not think you will burden him if you do not learn to do for yourself? Do you not think that's why he left you in the care of our group?"
A…Burden?
Rin had never thought about it. When she called, he came. That was that. But… was it… going out of his way to come and save her?
Was she… a burden to her beloved Sesshoumaru-sama?
Rin got to her feet and drew her sword, suddenly ready for another round.
"Rin will not be a burden to Sesshomaru-sama." Her eyes had a new determination in them.
Five years (and a lotof training with Sango and Kagome) later, a now fourteen year old Rin was a capable warrior; although, she'd proven to be at her most impressive with a bow and arrows.
"Here. Sango said you needed a proper weapon… and since I was going to Totosai's anyway to pick up the sword for my kid…"
A bone bow made from Inuyasha's fangs was pushed into her hand.
"Inu…ya…sha…sama…" Rin didn't know what to say to her adopted older brother. His fangs were a very personal thing and…
Rin threw herself into his arms and he wrinkled his nose as her shoulder was pushed under the sensitive appendage. The shoulder of her Taijiya training outfit held scent pellets, and they burned his nose terribly.
"Yeah, yeah… Get off me brat!" He shoved her away, but she still just gave him a smile… He was always like that, and it didn't mean he cared about her any less.
"Tell my wife she don't gotta worry about you breakin' no more o' her bows, okay?" Rin was known for snapping not only bow strings, but actual bows with the strength behind her shots. This bow was strung with his own youkai hair, and shouldn't break no matter how hard she pulled on it.
Kagome could breathe easy and stop complaining now… And if she was happy, then he was happy.
"You smell of horses."
Rin blushed, she'd never been entirely comfortable around him, once she'd realized how much his nose could tell him.
"Rin was training."
"Training?" He raised a brow at her statement. Was she learning to be a healer to animals as well?
"Rin was practicing shooting an arrow from her new bow while riding on a horse." There was no pride in her statement, in fact, she seemed embarrassed more than anything.
"You are proficient with a bow?" Now he was curious… And slightly amused, "You will demonstrate your ability for this Sesshomaru." He decided, before Rin could answer him.
"Uhhh…" Rin really did not want to do this… He was… Sesshomaru-sama and any skill she had would likely be nothing to him. She'd probably embarrass herself.
"Rin." He said sternly, and she instantly obeyed the unspoken command. Rin shot off to retrieve her bow and arrows.
"You will aim here." He indicated the area where his heart would be.
"But!" Rin was not going to aim for him… He wasn't even wearing armor! She could kill him!
"I do not repeat myself, Rin."
"No!" For the first time in her life, Rin defied her Lord's command openly.
In an instant, before she could even blink he was standing before her growling. She gasped and shot her head upwards, trying to figure out what was going on. "You doubt me? You believe that you, a foolish mortal little girl have the ability to harm this Sesshomaru? You are so arrogant?"
She'd insulted him. Rin's large brown eyes started to water, and she only dropped her head and shook it in the negative.
"Then you will aim your arrow where I indicate and you will attempt to hit the target. You will fail, but you will make the attempt, regardless. Do you understand?"
Suddenly… Rin smiled… But it was not a nice smile.
"Yes, Sesshomaru-sama." She chirped, overly bright.
He turned around, giving her his back, and walked slowly back to his place across the field from her.
Arrogant? I'll show him who's arrogant!
While he was turned Rin laid a single arrow along the inside of her sleeve, running parallel to her forearm. It was almost too long to fit, but she made it work.
When he turned back around, Rin grabbed a different arrow from her quill and notched it.
"Now." He commanded.
Rin let the arrow fly and watched as he effortlessly captured it between his fingertips, turning it to ash.
He glanced down to asses her aim, ready to make a comment praising her accuracy as his hand carelessly (and foolishly) dropped from the front of his body.
He heard a 'snap' from a distance and his head shot up.
By the time he lifted his head to look at what she could have possibly been doing it was too late. He caught the arrow just as the tip pierced his skin by millimeters… Drawing blood.
Sneaky bitch…
He yanked the tip of the arrow from his flesh and watched as red blood seeped from the small wound around the torn edges of the hole in his kimono.
He smiled.
A genuine smile.
He glanced up at the playfully smug brown eyes across the field from him and she gave him a sheepish grin in return.
Good girl, Rin.
Now… He'd just have to ask his brother why it was that the girl was wielding his fangs…

Chapter 21: Unexpected Guest!

Rin awoke to her mate nuzzling into her neck, and tickling her ear with his warm breath. The night before had started with a 'bath' and turned into an all night love-making session, that, she was certain, without the benefits of the shard in her chest, would have left her quite sore this morning.
"Ummm…" She giggled, rolling over and curling her nude body into his chest. She scooted down his taller body and bumped the underside of his chin with her nose several times, licking his Adam's apple and earning a soft growl for her efforts in responding to him as she knew a mesuinuyoukai mate would have.
"Ohaiyo…" Rin whispered, smoothing her hand along his side and landing on the dual-stripes of her mate's hip, using a single fingertip to trace the outlines of those markings which warned of his venom to any and all who would think to trifle with him.
It was strange that while those markings were yet more proof of how deadly he could be, if provoked, Rin could not help but find them… erotic looking.
Exotically beautiful.
From his flawless pale skin without a single freckle, a single birthmark, to his amberine eyes that glowed deadly red when he was angered or threatened… His moonlit hair that was thick and silky as it swayed while he walked; as if he were followed by his own personal breeze. Even the gods wished to highlight his ethereal beauty.
Having never seen him nude before these last few days, Rin was allowing herself the indulgence of simply staring at him; running her hands over the areas of his body she could and letting herself feel the breathless anticipation of knowing that, if she so desired… She could do anything she wanted to with this demi-god laying at her side… She could… touch him, taste him, stroke him, have him… He would allow it; allow her… Even, though she would never understand why (what made her so special?), welcome and enjoy her advances…
The broad expanse of his muscular chest; toned but not bulky… The angle of his jaw line, strangely androgynous looking; his face was soft and sculpted without being square and dull looking. No stubble to be seen. His tapered slender hips and long lean legs… His firm rounded backside… His hands; starkly different from one another, one with razor sharp talons, the other with what could have passed for simply well-groomed fingernails, the deadlier of the two which lead to a delicately striped wrist, however both led further still to well-muscled biceps and squared shoulders. Thick rounded collar bones with a dip before corded musculature which brought her to his long, elegant neck and back again to the chest she'd been so admiring only moments before.
Every inch of him conspired to make her heartbeat race in her chest; the sum of his parts being still somehow not equal in grandeur to the whole of him.
"Rrrriiinnnn…" His baritone broke the early morning silence and the meditation of simply admiring him - lying nude on his side with mokomoko haloed around his body while sunlight peaked through the shafts in the wooden slats which kept the window closed and moved over the dips, curves, and cut of his muscles - making Rin shiver and her nipples harden.
"My Lord," Rin replied breathlessly, though she knew she no longer had to use his title, there were moments, when she wanted to.
Not to show she was inferior… But to reinforce to him the level of esteem in which she held him; to communicate her respect, her awe, her gratitude, and her devotion… No matter what else he was to her - guardian, protector, husband, lover, mate, guide, teacher, authority figure, alpha male… He would always also be…
Her Lord.
Sesshoumaru watched as Rin's eyes and fingertips moved over his body… Wondering what it was she was seeing? Something foreign? Some strange alien creature that she mated with, ignoring the differences in physicality; able to overcome them due to some human emotional sentiment she felt for him? Was the arousal she felt for him merely an emotional reaction, or did she truly find him as… physically appealing as he did her?
It seemed she was focusing on each and every characteristic of his that made him different from her. She focused on his markings, his hair, his eyes, ran her fingers over his pale skin, down to first his clawed hand, then over to his 'new' hand, and up along his imperfect arm - tracing the scar of the connecting point of this recovered limb with her fingertips before swiping along his shoulders and back to his neck.
What must he look like to her human eyes?
The scent of sex was so strong in the room, and not only the scent of sex, but his own scent lingered on her so strongly that he couldn't scent her properly to attempt to gauge her current emotional state that way. For him to not be able to properly scent her was the equivalent of a human being blindfolded.
Scent was everything to him.
All the mark on her neck told him was that she was slightly… Agitated. Excited, though he could not tell what type of excitement that was. As though she were waiting for something. Also, he felt the respect she held for him, though, that was nothing new…
"Rrrrriiiinnn…" He growled out, becoming slightly uncomfortable as she continued to ogle him.
Only when he saw her shiver, and her nipples harden along with the sound of her heartbeat increasing slightly did he come to the conclusion she may be… aroused… by looking at him, and at that moment he decided not to care if her arousal and desires were caused by human sentiment or if it was the result of her finding his physical form appealing to her primitive mating instincts, as it was with him.
Did humans have mating instincts that were anything like an inuyoukai's? Certainly they must… right?
"My Lord…" The breathy sound of her voice and the way her body pressed into his even more closely was confirmation enough she desired intimate activities… But she was suddenly formal with him, when he'd previously communicated that such was unnecessary.
This strange dichotomy made him cautious.
"Rin. I have told you before that formality between us is no longer -" He emphasized his familiar speech, hoping she too would go back to being familiar with him. He didn't know what to do when she was sending every signal in the world she wished to mate, yet put verbal distance between them… And he sorely wanted her again. His body's reactions were proof enough of that, he thought, feeling himself become fully hardened as her knee moved against him when she squirmed upwards and forwards, placing her lips at his pointed ear.
"Indulge me…" She breathed lightly; careful of his sensitive hearing and her proximity to his ear.
Not entirely certain he knew what she meant, he nevertheless curled his arm around her waist and moved his hand to her firm posterior, massaging and squeezing lightly; shoving her hips forward to press himself against her, allowing her to feel his hot, hard arousal against her pubic mound and soft belly.
Her reaction was to drape her leg over his hip, and groan, "Sesshoumaru-sama…"
The addition of the honorific pulled him from the moment, and, finally conceding defeat, and needing to understand what she was doing, he ceased grinding himself against her and pulled back to look her in the face. "Rin…?"
The apparent confusion on his face was so… cute… that Rin almost laughed. Almost. She knew by now that laughing at him in this situation would do nothing but cause him to shut-down completely. Vulnerability was never something he showed easily - even to her - and she couldn't risk that he might misunderstand her laughter.
It might ruin the mood… And right now, that was the last thing she wanted.
Still, Rin was Rin, and she was playful… "Can Rin tell Sesshoumaru-sama a secret?"
When he nodded the affirmative, she continued, "Rin never dared to dream her Lord would take her as his mate… But Rin did dream…"
The dark haired girl pressed her fingers to her mark, and filled his head with one of her favorite fantasies from the days when she would think of nothing but his return. In her fantasies, she was allowed to travel with him again as a servant of sorts… But a servant that was granted the privilege of serving him in certain ways To do so would have not brought shame, but instead would have been an honor, a privilege to see him as no other did, and Rin would have been eager to be granted such a position in his life, even if she were a `dirty little secret', she would have shared that secret with him, and let her heart be proud, even if her mouth must remain silent on the matter.
Truthfully she'd never even held the hope of making it to official concubine status. She was a low-born ningen orphan, he was a mighty and powerful lord of youkai. Him taking her as a wife and mate should be unheard of.
Convention would state that if he had ever deigned to bed with her it would be in an unofficial capacity and kept a secret at all costs… And… In all honesty, Rin was a fifteen year old girl who was so blinded by adoration and love that she would have undoubtedly agreed to such an arrangement. It wasn't even about a lack of respect for herself - it was that she had too much respect for him to sully his good name and reputation - But by the gods did she ever want him.
It would have been worth it to her. To be his whore would have been fine by her, because she loved him… And doing those things with only one person - who you loved - was something she could never have find shame in.
Sesshoumaru was shocked at the scene unfolding in his head. Equal parts of him were aroused and disturbed that Rin would think of him in such a manner. Aroused that she would have been sexually attracted to him regardless of if he'd granted her status or not - but disturbed that her fantasies included a version of him capable of using her for nothing but sexual pleasure with no care for her honor.
This Sesshoumaru would keep no ningen as a whore… He thought - to himself.
Rin watched his jaw go slack and his eyebrows raise and suddenly regretted being so frank with him. Perhaps she should have not informed him of this side of her psyche… The part of her that so was so dearly devoted to him that all she wished for was the opportunity to serve him in whatever way…
She pulled her hand from her mark and blushed scarlet, looking down and away. "You think I'm strange…don't you?"
"Rin." He could think of nothing to say.
"It's alright… We don't have to… I just thought… Wanted… Never mind…" She buried her head in his chest, and sighed deeply. So much for that idea… She had truly thought that with his dominant personality, he might like the concept of playing 'Lord' and 'Handmaiden'. It was just a game… A silly fantasy…
Unconsciously, she began to rub her suddenly tense shoulder muscle out of embarrassment, (most likely a habit she'd picked up from being around Miroku so often), unknowingly sending her thoughts to him once again.
Yes. Silly. A Game. Since when have you ever known Sesshoumaru-sama to be the 'playful' type? Gods, Rin… Sometimes you really are a moron. Of course he wouldn't think it was 'sexy' - of course he'd just think it was stupid, and childish. Now he thinks you're stupid - and some kind of weird pervert or something. Great. He thinks he mated to a childish pervert. He must be so disgusted with you - and himself and his choice to mate you - right now.
Rin sighed, holding back any of the tears that stung the backs of her eyes and dropped her hand, so Sesshoumaru was no longer privy to her train of thought, but he'd certainly heard enough.
It was the duty of a mate to fulfill the desires of their partner. It was his duty to indulge Rin's fantasies, even if he didn't understand them. Certainly, if were he who had some scenario he wished to act out sexually, he would expect that Rin would hear him out and, provided it were not extreme or damaging physically or emotionally, he'd expect her to be willing to go ahead with it.
The trouble was, he simply wasn't that creative. He'd always simply wanted to mate. He just wanted to be with a female… He'd never really gotten beyond that point. He wished to mate with a female - frills and fantasies and specific scenarios were never something he'd given much thought to. Rutting was rutting… Wasn't it?
Apparently not. Perhaps all females were so very… specific with their desires about the events surrounding mating or… perhaps it was a human thing?
He suddenly wished very much that he would have covered this area with his brother during their little… discussion.
Either way, he'd been silent far too long and Rin's mood was rapidly declining and if he wanted to mate at all - and he did - the best way to assure that that happened was to go along with her desires and offer reassurance of his continued positive opinion of her.
So… She wanted him to act as a Lord and as mate - at the same time…? Those were two entirely different personas in his mind; two different roles to play. How on earth should he go about combining them?
Well… The easiest thing to do would be to follow her lead and take up a formal speech pattern.
"Rin," He grasped her hand, placing it on his still hard member, "This Sesshoumaru finds the idea to be… intriguing."
Two days earlier - The Western Palace
"My lady, the… surveillance… reports you ordered." The servant bowed and presented the sealed scroll to Lady Tsubaki, who took it and broke the seal, scanning the contents carefully and allowing the corners of her lips to turn up.
Three days? He is always in such a hurry.
The lady 'tsk'ed slightly and shook her head. She had a lot of work to do, and only a short time to do it in.
There was absolutely no way that she would allow her son to participate in a human binding ceremony in some small backwater village where she doubted highly that even appropriate garmets for his rank and position could be obtained… Let alone the substandard quality of the food and sake for the banquet immediately following such an event.
"Oh, Sesshoumaru… Whatever will your mother do with you?" She mused aloud. Simply because his new mate was human was no excuse for him to begin to lower his standard of living. It was his job to elevate her - not allow her to drag him down and begin to accept the standards of a commoner.
The lady quickly made up a list of people with whom she needed to have an immediate meeting, to make a 'plan of attack' on getting this little wedding up to standards befitting her son and his station.
"Contact several chefs, beaver youkai that will be able to quickly build using materials from the surrounding area, several seamstresses, an expert in flora and an ikebana master…" The list went on and on…
The next day the palace was abuzz with activity, and the following day necessary materials were being packed and carted into a demon-caravan. By nightfall they must take to the skies, after all.
The lady herself chose to travel alone, flying amongst the clouds in her true form ahead of the heavily guarded procession.
She wanted some time, after all, to speak to her son before the others arrived.
Laying sated and spent, lazily licking the sweat from the face and neck of his mate and relishing in the salty tang of her still-flushed skin, Sesshoumaru felt completely at ease.
He'd found he very much enjoyed Rin's mating-games, and vowed to come up with a few of his own for them to act out. Perhaps a midnight chase through the woods culminating in him capturing his 'prey' and 'devouring' her… intimately?
More and more he was realizing that Rin very much enjoyed the more… beastly… aspects of him. She did not require or desire him to feign humanity. She was mated to a dog, and those parts of his behavior and desires that were distinctly canine in nature seemed to be something which fueled her amorous desires, rather than making her uncomfortable.
She seemed especially fond of his fur.
Some things never change. He grinned, remembering how as she had traveled with him as a child, Rin has always loved to curl up in his fur and run her small fingers through it, nuzzle her face into it while deeply inhaling and had grinned larger and wide each time he had curled his demon-appendage around her small body in a strange but warm and fuzzy embrace. Rin had dubbed this a 'puppy hug', and had deamed any time he cleaned her face or hands with a quick and utilitarian swipe of his tongue a 'puppy kiss'.
Only to protect the small girl from the cold… Only to keep her clean and her scent from becoming unpleasant… He had reasoned at the time; ignoring the way she assigned affection to the gestures that he refused to acknowledge as signs of such… But he never corrected her.
He had done much in the way of fostering her adoration of him - if only because he remained mute on his "true" motivations whenever she took his care of her basic needs as evidence that he held 'affection' for her in return.
He never said "This Sesshoumaru is simply assuring that Rin does not contract illness from exposure to the elements; thus impeding his progress. It is not a 'hug', Rin."
He let her believe what she wanted… And Rin wanted to believe that he was 'Strong and kind!' (as she had once insisted to a surprised and confused looking Totosai), and… He had never had anyone describe him as 'kind' before… And… He enjoyed that she saw him as such, regardless of if it were true or not.
If it was true for Rin, then it was true enough.
Not only had he not corrected her; he had punished Jaken for attempting to correct her. If Jaken said that 'beneath that calm façade Sesshoumaru-sama is a boiling, seething mass of-', well he never got to finish the sentence and inform Rin of his opinions of Sesshoumaru's true nature, because he received a swift kick to the head to shut him up.
He would not have had the toad coloring Rin's idealized perception of him. Jaken was not going to do anything that might alter Rin's adoration of him.
The sad truth was… Sesshoumaru loved that Rin… loved him.
He would not have done anything to jeopardize that love; after all, Rin was the only one who had ever loved him.
And, as the 'Journey to Hell' had proved beyond any shadow of a doubt… Sesshoumaru had grown to love Rin as well.
Subconsciously on his part, that love would find expression in many ways, in the coming years. Chief among those his unselfish act of giving her to a woman who was better suited to care for Rin and teach her of "women's duties" than he was. Birthing, breastfeeding, menstruation, and even sex… All those things he had specifically instructed Rin be taught of and trained in.
At the time, he never stopped to question why he was so pre-occupied with her learning of such things. She was still a good four to five years away from being able or ready to produce offspring, and yet he had insisted she learn to birth and care for them.
But truly… What were five years to one such as he? To his immortal mind, the five to six years it would take her to mature and become ready to bear his offspring were nothing. To a human, it was as if waiting for mere weeks. She grew up so fast that her time as an under-developed child meant nothing and was not how he 'saw' her.
Rin as a child was hardly the image he had of her in his mind when he thought of 'Rin'.
Her time as pre-pubescent had been so short to his perspective, that it was inconsequential when stacked against the time he'd known her as having sweet, soft curves and hips that swayed invitingly as she walked; being certain that the long hemline of her expensive kimonos swished in the way to best highlight their exquisite artistry.
Only after those curves and that soft rich fertile scent took hold on her slight frame did he realize where his odd obsession with insuring her knowledge of such things as 'childbirth' came from…
He now realized that he must have known, on some instinctual level, that if his 'love' was ever going to find it's natural evolutionary conclusion and it's final expression by the act of mating - then naturally Rin must be schooled in how to deal with the consequences of said activities. Obviously, the natural consequences of mating included offspring and having to care for them. It was necessary that Rin have knowledge of such things.
This Sesshoumaru is more brilliant than even he realizes… Even plans that he himself has not realized he has made are most consistently and perfectly executed.
Sesshoumaru went from licking Rin's face to rubbing his nose beneath her earlobe and nibbling on her mating mark, huffing and growling softly in his chest when Rin gave an appreciative sigh. He was more than happy to go back to his previous musings while simply holding her against him possessively.
Rin was his… "Miiiiiiinnnneeeee…" He growled possessively into her ear, squeezing her rump and shoving his hips forward for good measure.
By her own choice… He added mentally. His pride swelled each and every time he thought of how enthusiastic she had been when he'd first suggested they become mates. That was not the face of a girl choosing a mate because she had nowhere else to go, or felt as though she were merely obligated after being the recipient of the generosity of a benefactor. Rin had been genuinely… excited with the prospect.
It was also necessary to his pride as a male, that Rin choose to be with him - and that that choice be an informed decision, with all other options equally presented. His pride would dictate that she would not mate with him simply because he was 'all she knew' and therefore didn't 'know better'.
He wanted her to choose him over the humans.
It had been a large gamble, certainly… But he had stacked the deck in his favor with frequent visits and fine gifts. Attention to the details of her upbringing and patrolling the borders of her village to ensure her safety had made him certain that the girl would live to make the choice.
"Ummmm… Yesssss… Always…" The girl in his arms cuddled closer and sighed, letting her eyes close and her body go slack in his embrace. She was exhausted after how he'd worn her out, in the best way possible, only minutes before.
The couple's bliss was interrupted though, by a servant who appeared at the door, knocking timidly. "Excuse me, my Lord, my Lady… There is a… visitor who insisted on seeing the Lord."
A breeze came by through the open window and ruffled his fur, blowing his long hair about; a familiar scent wafted in on that same breeze.
What on earth is she doing here?
Suddenly he panicked. His… his mother was here.
What on earth could her purpose here be?
He cuddled Rin more closely, and felt his own chest begin to shake. If she comes near to my mate This Sesshoumaru will not hesitate to commit matricide.
Rin noticed Sesshoumaru's tension and felt her blood run cold. "Sesshoumaru… What's wrong?"
"My Lord?" The servant called once more.
"Tell her she may enter momentarily." He answered curtly; reluctantly releasing Rin from his grasp and raising up to walk over to where his clothing is neatly folded behind a privacy screen.
Instantly Rin rose to follow him, her nervousness showing on her face; wide uncertain eyes watching his every move. When she saw he meant to dress, Rin thought instantly of the chance to be a dutiful wife. An opportunity to do something for him beyond lay with him… Not that that wasn't quickly becoming her most pleasant and favorite 'duty'.
"May Rin assist you in dressing go-shujin?"
A curt nod and a small near-to-invisible smirk was her answer and Rin instantly went to work wrapping him in the layers of his fine silk garments and fastening his intricate knots.
When she was done, he looked somewhat more like his usual regal and self-composed self and Rin decided that if he was dressing, she should as well. She reached for her yukata and kosode - only to find they were not where she left them.
She turned to see Sesshoumaru holding her garments in his hands. "Sesshoumaru?"
"This Sesshoumaru intends to return a favor." He intoned as seriously as he could.
Rin's eyebrows shot up and she felt her cheeks heat. Somehow this act… Him dressing her was more… intimate… more… domestic than anything she'd shared with him these last two days. There was a familiarity and comfort expressed in a man dressing a woman that was not the same for a woman dressing a man. Usually only those men who preferred men as romantic partners were allowed to dress women. "H…Hai…" She stammered while he looked down at her; expressionless but with mischief lighting his eyes.
Quickly and efficiently Sesshoumaru made Rin as presentable as he could. Her obi was tied somewhat simply, but surely his mother would not expect an elaborate welcome, considering she had just 'dropped in' so unexpectedly.
The scent and aura was suddenly overpowering, and his many layers of very formal robes were somehow more stifling and uncomfortable than his armor... She was right on the other side of the door.
Steeling himself, Sesshoumaru stepped from behind the dressing screen, and sat in seiza, Rin positioning herself behind and to his left, also sitting with her behind resting on her heels.
He looked back over his shoulder at Rin, whose nervous scent was most certainly affecting him. He had to forcibly stop the instinctive twitching of the tip of mokomoko.
Calm yourself. There is no need for worry. He whispered to Rin's racing mind.
Sesshoumaru schooled his features back into their impenetrable mask of stoicism and took one slow deep breath to steady himself, before he would have to face… His mother.
Trying to sound as commanding and imperial as possible, he finally gave his consent to slide open the door and receive his visitor,
"Enter."

Chapter 22: Mother's Plans
殺生丸ã 8;りん殺ç” 76;丸ã¨ã‚Šã‚“ 30;®ºç”Ÿä¸¸ã¨ã̵ 8;Šã‚“殺生ä 4;¸ã¨ã‚Šã‚“æ® 6;生丸ã¨ã‚Šã ;‚“殺生丸ã ;¨ã‚Šã‚“
The lady sauntered in, taking note of her surroundings briefly before glancing down to her son and his new mate, seated formally on the floor before her.
The slightest incline of her head was all the acknowledgement she would give to Sesshoumaru, and she ignored Rin entirely but for the slide of her eyes to the young girl, whose head was bowed in respect.
It was clear from the scent in the room, the almost overpowering scent of sex, that Sesshoumaru was at least doing something right, and the smallest hint of pride shown in the flicker of her eyes, if only briefly.
With the natural grace of her station, the lady sat in formal seiza, folding her legs beneath her and resting her weight on her heels.
"Sesshoumaru." She drawled out, noting that his posture was rigid at his eyes were focused entirely on her. His face was completely blank, revealing nothing, but the discomfort he felt was clearly scented.
"Mother." He responded sharply.
"I trust you have been well?" A flick of claw, a brush of long silver hair back over her shoulder, casual gestures that did nothing to ease the tension in the room.
Sesshoumaru watched each and every move his mother made. He did not trust her in the slightest, and her motivations remained completely unclear. At this point, she was nothing but an unpredictable threat.
"What is it that brings you here, mother?" He did not have either the time or the desire for small talk. All he wanted was for her to leave.
"This one is… disappointed…"
An audible gasp was heard from Rin when the lady said those words.
Sesshoumaru felt his chest shake. While her disappointment in him was nothing new, he would be damned if she would insult him in front of his mate, or insult his choice in mate. No one had the right to question his decisions, no one.
His golden eyes narrowed and his aura went flaring.
"It is my understanding you have decided to have a human marriage ceremony?"
What business is that of hers? The hairs on the back of his neck stood up, and if he wasn't riled before, Sesshoumaru certainly was now. "What of it?" He responded defensively.
Somewhere in the back of his mind, he registered that Rin was no longer even breathing.
"And tell me, Sesshoumaru…" The lady mocked, "You feel this is appropriate for one of your impeccable breeding? Honestly, Sesshoumaru… to take part in a rushed human bonding in some backwater village? Truly, I'd have thought you might know better by now. There will be no 'wedding' today, Sesshoumaru."
Rin sat silently, feeling very foolish. How could she have ever expected that Sesshoumaru should marry her in the human way? She should have told him it wasn't necessary. To have someone like him… a noble demon participate in some silly human ceremony?
She was asking too much. She hadn't realized how insulting such a thing would be to his demon honor.
Rin felt like she was going to cry, and wished the earth would swallow her up right now; anything to overcome the embarrassment of having besmirtched Sesshoumaru's honor, especially in front of his mother. She felt so stupid right now, like such a selfish, immature and stupid human. I'm sorry, Sesshoumaru…
"Enough!" Sesshoumaru snarled, feeling how his mother's callous words were hurting his mate. He would not apologize, he would not back down, and he would not explain himself to his mother in this matter. It was not her business what concessions he did or did not make for his mate's happiness.
The lady hid her smile of amusement behind one elaborate kimono sleeve, tittering softly.
She was laughing at him? At them? She thought she could waltz in here, invade his privacy with her spies, interrupt his time with his mate, order him around as though he were still a child, upset his mate, and now she was laughing?
That was it. He'd had enough; enough of her patronizing, enough of her disrespect, and enough of her meddling.
Sesshoumaru smiled.
For the briefest of moments, the lady felt the smallest, tiniest, most minute amount of fear of her son. Perhaps she had finally gone too far. It seemed that while she'd spent centuries pushing all his buttons and taking no small amount of pleasure in doing so, that where Rin was concerned, he would not be pushed.
Now there was pride reflected in the gleam of her over-bright eyes. She was extremely glad that Sesshoumaru was reacting this way. He was protecting his mate not only physically, but also from sadness or shame, and making no apologies for it.
Oh, but you really are a good boy, underneath it all… You will make a fine mate to that human girl, my so; a very fine mate, indeed.
"Calm down, Sesshoumaru!" Her airy lilting tone meant to sooth and calm, "You never do listen, do you? I said there would be no wedding today…"
"And how is This Sesshoumaru to interpret such a statement?" He could feel the red tide pulling at his vision, and the venom surging in his blood stream… Get to the point, bitch, and quickly.
"Why, only that your beloved mother requires another day or two to make final preparations, of course!" The absolutely delighted smile on her face galled him to no end. The way she clapped her hands together and her eyes sparkled made him want to rip her face off.
Why did everyone seem so invested in planning this ceremony? First the miko, and now his mother; what was it about his mating that made everyone lose their minds?
"Haha-ue wishes to help Rin and Sesshoumaru-sama with our human wedding?" Rin's pleasantly surprised, and very much relieved voice slipped past his ears, and Sesshoumaru's blood momentarily stopped boiling, and he was able to regain some of his composure.
Rin couldn't believe her ears! This, more than anything, was a sign of his mother's true acceptance of her into their family's noble ranks, and she couldn't help but be incredibly happy and completely honored that Sesshoumaru's mother would wish to help them.
Now back to his usual regal, cool, calm and collected self, Sesshoumaru felt very much more in control of the situation. He now knew why she was here, and he knew how he could get rid of her. "This Sesshoumaru does not require you assistance in this matter."
The very last thing he wanted was any sort of help from his mother… After what had happened the last time he went to her seeking a favor… For a moment his thoughts drifted back to the day he'd held Rin in his one arm and helplessly watched as every other soul in hell was purified… every soul but hers, every soul but the one that mattered.
He was snapped back from the frightening thought that haunted him far more often than it reasonably should by his mother's condescending voice once more,
"Tsk-tsk, Sesshoumaru, you always are such a stubborn and ungrateful little koinu." Sesshoumaru could feel his patience wearing thin, and at her calling him a 'puppy', he could feel the urge to rend this arrogant female rising from the pit of his belly once more.
There was no way - no way in hell - he was going to allow her to belittle him in front of Rin, and he wanted her to go now, not take over and make a huge production of what he'd hoped would be a small and private ceremony with Rin. Sesshoumaru closed his eyes briefly, trying to find his center once more.
Sesshoumaru's mother gave Rin a sly wink, and immediately gave Sesshoumaru a sugary smile, "Come now, Sesshoumaru. This One has never had a daughter before now, and this One would very much like to spoil her in a manner befitting the mate of a son of mine." She turned to Rin, "Your Haha-ue promises a most beautiful and lavish ceremony, a human wedding fit for a youkai princess. What say you, little one? Will you indulge an old, lonely woman and allow her to fuss over you, just a bit?"
Damn it. She just had to say this was for Rin, and play off of Rin's sympathies at the same time. If I don't give in now, Rin will undoubtedly think me 'mean'.
Sesshoumaru glanced behind him, and found Rin's large, very surprised, and yet now very… hopeful eyes pleading with him to accept his mother's offer to 'spoil' her.
Those eyes would be the death of him.
Rin glanced at her mother in law for a split second, who gave a tiny conspiratorial jerk of her chin, as if to say 'go on'. "Please, Sesshoumaru-sama? Rin is certain that Haha-ue will do a very nice job!” Rin perked up, “And, think of it… Now Kagome-chan won't be the one in charge." The tiniest little bit of Rin's lower lip peaked out, and she dipped her chin and widened her eyes impossibly large, "Please, Sesshoumaru-sama?"
Sesshoumaru closed his eyes, if only so he no longer had to gaze upon Rin's pleading face. His fists squeezed briefly at his side and he pushed out calming breath. He could feel himself shaking and cursed the way he'd somehow allowed himself to lose control of this situation.
Mated only two days and he'd somehow already found himself ganged up on by the two women in his life, and losing control.
"You owe me for this, Rin." He sent the thought to her mind, and instead of feeling her kowtow in submission her mark sent waves of her joy and excitement to him.
"Do your worst, mother," Sesshoumaru elegantly rose and headed to the shoji style door, snapping it open, "But for now, leave us. This Sesshoumaru requires time alone with his mate."
"Ah, yes, yes… This One nearly forgot! It is the third day." His mother rose and reached into her kimono sleeve, leaning down and handing Rin a small piece of parchment. "You are literate?"
Rin nodded, "In hiragana, my Lady."
"Good. Read this, and when the time comes…" She looked at her son with a teasing look, and gave Rin a playful wink, "make him beg."
Rin's eyebrows shot up. "Beg?" She could not even imagine the circumstances it might take for Sesshoumaru to beg for anyone, or any thing.
Sesshoumaru shot daggers his mother's way, but made no comment. He could not deny that, in all likelihood… By the end of the night, he would indeed be on his hands and knees and begging. He had no choice in the matter, and instinct would take over.
After three days, if our bond becomes strong enough… my inner youkai will appear and request you mark me as well." If it were in his nature, Sesshomaru would have blushed. He never did like to acknowledge the potential for his alpha inner youkai to submit to a female, but - it could not be denied. His instincts ruled all, when it came down to matters of mating. If his beast was suitably impressed with a mate he would submit to her, and request to be marked as belonging to her. He had never considered that there would ever be a female who had the potential to bring his beast to all fours, crawling to her and begging for affection and praise. Unfortunately for his pride, there was little doubt in Sesshomaru's conscious mind that his sub-conscious mind would do just such a thing; when the time came he would acknowledge Rin as the only one to whom he would both kneel and bow to. His inner beast would beg for her acknowledgement and the right to protect her, serve her and defend her. It was only a matter of time…
"Leave now, Mother." He insisted.
"Fine, fine… Throw an old woman out. Sesshoumaru, you completely lack any charm." The lady dusted her hands off and went to the door. "I have preparations to see to, and you two," She gave a knowing glance between the newly-mates, "have grandchildren to conceive."
Sesshoumaru fought the rolling of his eyes and Rin put her head down and blushed.
Sesshoumaru's mother walked airily to the open shoji, "The caravan should be arriving shortly, and this One must see to it the villagers do not riot at the sight of a hundred demons coming their way."
Sesshoumaru's eyebrows shot up, "Cara-?" Before he could finish, his mother was gone in a flash of light.
Sesshoumaru closed the shoji, and immediately turned to Rin, still blushing.
"Thank you, Sesshoumaru, Rin knows how hard that was for you."
Oh, but she was lovely…
"Hai." He pulled Rin to standing, and placed the parchment which carried instructions on how to tame his inner youkai to side, lazily undressing first himself and then her once more. "Now, I believe I said you would owe me for this concession," He brushed his fingertips up along her sides, smoothing his palms over her breasts, kneading and shaping them gently before sliding his hands up to her neck, burying his long fingers in the hair and the base of her neck and the tips of his thumbs on her jaw line to tilt her head up. He leaned his tall frame down, and brushed his lips over hers softly, smirking when Rin moved to try and capture his lips in a kiss, but he held back, teasing her gently and mumbling softly, "Are you ready to pay up?"
殺生丸 ã¨ã‚Šã‚“æ®ºç ”Ÿä¸¸ã¨ã‚Šã‚ “殺生丸ã¨& #227;‚Šã‚“殺生 丸ã¨ã‚Šã‚“æ ®ºç”Ÿä¸¸ã¨ã‚& #352;ん殺生ä¸& #184;ã¨ã‚Šã‚“
SPOLIERS FOR NEXT CHAPTER
We've got Inuyasha running in to Ryokun, who promptly tells every demon in a hundred mile raidus that Sesshoumaru is mated to a human now… And somewhere in the forests of Japan, Kohaku is demon slaying… And since every demon knows about Sesshoumaru being mated now, guess what Kohaku hears from his prey? Oh, the plot thickens!