Bubblegum Crisis Fan Fiction ❯ Of Knights and Ghosts: A BGC & Ghost in the Shell xover ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Of Knights and Ghosts: A Bubblegum Crisis: Ghost in the Shell crossover.
Afterwards

Jeena Malso headed up the hallway towards her suite, the reddish-brown haired woman still dressed in her AD Police uniform. Even beneath the bulky gear she looked good, a athletic woman who was comfortable with her body. She unlocked the door and flipped on the light only to freeze as she saw the woman asleep on her couch.

“Motoko?” Jeena blinked in surprise.

Motoko awoke quickly, only blinking a few times as she sat up and smiled a bit wryly. “Sorry,” the now dark purple haired woman smiled, “I was just waiting for you.”

“Picked the lock?” Jeena asked as she took her AD Police armored jacket and undershirt, revealing a muscle shirt and her cybernetic arm.

“It’s not like you gave me a key,” Motoko said as she stretched out with a catlike sort of grace. “Besides,” she smiled at her slightly, “I wanted to thank you for your help.”

“So things went well with your case?” Jeena asked as she casually stripped her muscle shirt off to reveal a white sports bra underneath, along with a torso covered with the faint scars being a police officer had left on her.

Motoko admired her muscular body, but felt no real attraction for Jeena. Back when they had worked together she and Jeena had a brief affair, but they had soon discovered they made better friends than lovers.

“Yeah,” Motoko fought back a chuckle, “not bad.”

“Must explain all the alarms out at Genom,” Jeena said with a certain malicious glee, “and why they wouldn’t let us investigate.”

Genom and the AD Police had a interesting relationship, Motoko mused. Most of the ADP knew or suspected that Genom was involved in dirty dealings, but proving it was another matter. Similarly Genom despised the ADP in private, but publically they needed the Police around to make it look like they were actually trying to control the rogue boomer problem. As you could imagine, there was no love lost between them.

“Did using the Knight Sabers work out?” Jeena asked as she retrieved a clean T-shirt and pulled it on.

“Pretty well,” Motoko admitted, “they’re very good....”

“You have that, ‘I’m planning something’ tone in your voice again,” Jeena said warily as she tucked her shirt into her dress pants.
“No, not exactly,” Motoko said with a charming smile, “I just hate to see a potential resource going to waste.”

“Definitely plotting something,” Jeena said as she pulled her leather jacket on. “Care to join me? It’s Friday night and I’m off the weekend.”

Motoko got up and said, “Why not?”

Hot Legs wasn’t the sort of club that Motoko would have expected Jeena to go to, it was packed, noisy and on the bad part of town. “We won’t be here long,” Jeena reassured her, “I just want to catch tonight’s act.”

“Oh really,” Motoko gave her friend a thoughtful look as they picked up some beers from the crowded bar.

Jeena grinned back as she said, “Not what you’re thinking.” She took some of her own drink and explained, “My ex-partner Leon’s pretty hung up on the singer... I wanted to check her out in case she’s stringing him along for something.”

“Ah,” Motoko nodded thoughtfully. Jeena had a almost sisterly attitude towards the big galoot, as she liked to call him, so Motoko could certainly understand Jeena wanting to check out a potential mate.

“One, two ,three, four!” the woman in a blonde wig began then her band followed, the slim figure on the stage singing passionately. Priss Asagiri rocked hard, the leather clad woman setting a wicked pace as the crowd cheered happily.

“What do you think?” Jeena asked as Priss began a second song.

“She can sing,” Motoko acknowledged, “and she’s got a nice body.” She decided not to mention the results of her hacking efforts over the last week, and that Priss was on her short list of people she suspected were Knight Sabers.

“She’s shot him down enough times that I figure she’s gay,” Jeena confided, “but I can’t talk him out of it....”

Motoko fought back a chuckle, “Maybe it’s the challenge?”

“Men are strange,” Jeena shrugged eloquently.

“You got that right,” a pink haired young woman overheard the last of their conversation while trying uselessly to get the bartender’s attention.

Taking pity on her Motoko flagged down the bartender then looked at the girl, “What will you have?”
“A bottle of beer, thanks,” she smiled shyly and then offered a hand as she introduced herself, “I’m Nene.”

‘Romanova,’ Motoko recognized her, of course. “Motoko,” she shook it gently.

“What are you doing here, Romanova?” Jeena gave Nene a look, “Aren’t you a little young for this bar?”

“Hey, I’m nineteen,” Nene protested.

Jeena snickered softly. “Sure you are,” she gave Motoko a look, “I’m pretty sure she’s hacked the ADP computer so often it calls her mistress.”

“Oh ho?” Motoko enjoyed seeing the younger woman’s blush.

“I’d never,” Nene said with as much dignity as she could muster.

“Oh, you’ve made some new friends,” a cool voice said. Turning they saw Sylia Stingray giving them thoughtful looks, the business woman dressed in a simple but expensively made suit. High class, much like the products she sold at the Silky Doll.

“Now everyone, repeat after me,” Priss yelled as they finished another set, “Genom Sucks!” She got the crowd to drunkenly yell that back, then egged them on, unaware of several figures working up towards the stage.

Sylia frowned, “Oh dear, Priss is editorializing again.”

Then the heavily built man and his friends forced their way up on stage and things got very quiet. “Hey,” he jabbed a finger at Priss, “I work at Genom, damn it!”

“As head gorilla?” Priss looked him over coldly.

“You little,” he lunged, Priss barely getting clear.

“Oh crap,” Jeena headed for the stage at top speed, Sylia, Motoko and Nene following right behind her.

A black haired young woman climbed up on stage with the grace of a dancer, then delivered a remarkable kick that dropped one man completely. Taking up a fighting stance she asked, “You all right, Priss?”

“Thanks Linna,” Priss rabbit punched another guy while noting that the brawl was getting worse very fast.

Slam! Jeena dropped a man with one punch as they reached the stage, what was growing to be the center of the melee. “AD Police,” she yelled, “stand down!”

As expected, everyone ignored her.

“Way to go,” Motoko slugged a pro-Genom rioter calmly, then used a leg sweep to put him down.

“Oh shut up,” Jeena calmly blocked a length of pipe with her metal arm before punching the guy in the gut.

“Eep,” Nene swiftly ducked behind Sylia even as the woman coolly used precision strikes to stop attackers.

“Get out of here guys,” Priss called to her bandmates before she and Linna jumped down to join the fight at ground level.

“Sorry about this,” Linna said as she used a judo throw to disable a furious woman.

“It’s nothing,” Sylia smiled as she casually blocked another strike.

“Hey,” a laughing Jeena finished off Sylia’s foe, “you’ve made my night.”

“You’re nuts, you know that?” Motoko asked as she head butted another opponent, sending him sprawling to the ground.

“Look who’s talking,” Priss said, slamming a guy’s head against the base of the stage.

As Jeena was about to be hit from behind Nene slammed a chair down on him as she growled, “No sneaking up on people!”

“Thanks,” Jeena grinned.

The fight didn’t end so much as just run out of steam. In the middle of a clear space the women stood tiredly, the fallen scattered all around them. “Well,” Priss pushed sweaty hair out of her eyes, “was it good for you?”

“Priss,” Linna groaned tiredly, “don’t make me hurt you.”

“Promises, promises,” Priss grinned.

“I’m very sorry our friend ruined your night,” Sylia nodded to Jeena then gave Motoko a searching glance.

“We were just going out for drinks anyway,” Jeena said casually.

“Once we were done here that was our plan too,” Nene frowned at Priss.

“What?” Priss looked innocent.

“You just had to start something....” Linna muttered.

“Would you care to join us, then?” Sylia offered, “The chances of finding anything left to drink here are low.”

“Hmm?” Jeena gave Motoko a look.

“Why not?” Motoko smiled as the group headed out together. ‘I doubt a hair color change fooled Ms. Stingray,’ she mused, finding it amusing that she was in the company of several of the people she suspected of being Knight Sabers. ‘This is going to be a interesting night,’ she mused.

End...?

Laying the groundwork for more Ghost in the Shell/BGC goodness if I feel like it. The idea of Priss egging on the crowd is from Adam Warren’s BGC comic, a very interesting little book.