Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Fan Fiction ❯ Conspiracies and Lies ❯ A New Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's note: Yeah, yeah, this is usually at the end, but oh well. Just so ya' know, (ha, ha, oh dear. I'm already making song references…) as much as I'd like to say it, I DO NOT have anything what-so-ever to do with characters here other than Niera and whatever I'm gonna call *Spoiler alert!* Linna's brother. I don't know nuffin', copper! I jus' write th' stories! I mean, uh, whoops! I don't exist!
 
“….” Dialogue
italics thinking (cause everyone needs to think!)
* * * changing scene/point of view (as in Priss to Niera, Linna to Sylia, etc.)
 
 
 
A wicked metallic scream pierced the night and drove a knife through Niera's heart. The rogue boomer's eyes glowed red and blood ran from its mouth. The monster's head twitched once, twice. And slowly, slowly it stepped closer…closer until Niera could smell the stench of death. Of her parent's death.
 
THUMP! Niera jolted awake and found herself on the floor once again. For the past week, this was how she'd woken up. It was quite annoying actually; she was starting to get a bruise on her arm. The teenager groaned and pulled what little blanket she could reach over her head. There was a slight jingling behind her-no, wait, in front now, and then she felt something warm and wet on her arm. Uncovering her head, Niera discovered her Doberman Baily. Laughing, she sat up and rubbed her friend behind his ears. He butted her shoulder with his head then ran to her bedroom door and looked back as if to say `Hey, I wanna go out! Come on!'. Standing and stretching her sore muscles, Niera ran a hand through her straight brown hair and walked to her closet. Flinging the doors open, she stared for a moment at her limited choices then chose a simple outfit: a loose black T-shirt, a jean jacket, loose fitting dark gray jeans and black and red Converse. Throwing her pajamas on the plush bed, she dressed and went down the spiral staircase, Baily following close behind.
 
The den was nothing special really. A big screen TV sat against one wall and a large beige couch that could fit a family of four and two dogs sat against the opposite wall with a dark wood coffee table sitting between them. As for the walls themselves, they were chocolate brown. This color always made Niera hungry in the morning, so she went into the black and red kitchen and grabbed a banana, along with a chocolate gram cracker or five. She'd eaten the banana in the time it took her to get Baily's leash out of a drawer. Attaching it to his black leather collar, she gave him a treat to keep his appetite down until they returned and went down the carpeted hall and out the door.
 
* * *
 
Priss blinked open her eyes then quickly regretted it and ducked back under the covers. That was the worst thing about waking up. The sun. It was always guaranteed to be right in your eyes. After a few moments, when she was almost asleep again, an annoying beep from her computer forced her out. Huh. Must've left it on… again. She ran a hand through her hair, which she had started doing for some unknown reason before answering anything, then saw the name Nene flashing on the screen.
 
“Oh god…” Sighing, she answered.
 
“Good MORNING Priss!” the blonde said almost too cheerfully. Her face appeared on the screen, plastered with a big grin. Priss said nothing, just tried to resist the urge to turn off her computer. Nene narrowed her eyes and frowned.
 
“Alright, Miss Grumpy! Try to be nice, but NOOO… Anyway, Sylia wants us for training AGAIN. Apparently, she wants to see how we do with the old suits incase the current ones are ever down for repairs. So hurry up!” Without waiting for a reply, Nene vanished, her job done. Sighing again, Priss leaned back in her chair. This is going to be a long day Getting to her feet, she decided that she should probably find something to eat.
 
* * *
 
“Is it finished?” A voice spoke out of the darkness. The only light came from a humming computer set up on a mahogany desk. On the screen was a tired looking man in a white lab coat.
 
“Yes, sir. We'll be awakening it in approximately one hour,” said the man in the lab coat.
 
“Good, good. Everything will run smoothly, I take it?” came the voice again. Its owner seemed to be seated in the shadows behind the desk.
 
“Well, we won't know until it's awake, but-”
 
“We do NOT have time to make adjustments, Mr. Kichiko. I want to know: will everything work?” the shadowy figure's voice became harsh and demanding.
 
“Y-yes, sir, Mr. Sayachi. Everything is guaranteed to work fully.” The scientist, Mr. Kichiko, wrung his hands nervously.
 
“Very good,” the voice answered. “Alert me when it's time. I will very much like to see how they deal with… my little gift.” The computer shut off.