Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Fan Fiction ❯ Conspiracies and Lies ❯ A New Boomer? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Before either of the two Knight Sabers could move, a metallic THUD from the roof caught the boomer's attention, as well as theirs. THUD! THUD! Like footsteps, the sound came closer until it stopped above them. The boomer cocked its head and seemed to be trying to figure out what was going on. And that was the last thing it did.
 
* * *
 
“Sir, it's done.”
 
Mr. Kichiko stood in his boss's office, a clipboard in one hand and a control with one button in the other. When there came no response, he risked a glance around him.
 
The office was elegantly decorated in dark browns and grays. Reddish-brown wood covered the walls in panels and the carpet was deep gray. The vaulted ceiling was draped in shadows and the wall behind the dark brown desk was a giant window, the shades closed as always. As for the desk itself, it was cluttered with holographic monitors, keyboards, and such. A stack of crisp papers sat in one corner and a jar of feather pens sat across from it. And, also as always, the man behind the desk, Mr. Sayachi, was wrapped in shadows. Nobody, as far as Mr. Kichiko knew, had seen this man's face. Finally, a reply came.
 
“This is good news. Send it out immediately.”
 
“B-but sir! We don't know if-”
 
“SILENCE!” Mr. Sayachi slammed his fists on the desk and stood up, and for the first time Mr. Kichiko looked upon his boss' face. His head had been shaved and reflected the dim lighting. Dark, intense brown eyes peered out under bushy brown eyebrows that were flecked with gray. Scars crossed his slightly wrinkled face in a peculiar pattern, almost like… teeth marks.
 
“Listen to me, Kichiko, and listen close! I want these `Knight Sabers' DEAD, do you hear me!?” His face was only inches from Mr. Kichiko's. “You do NOT question my orders, UNDERSTAND!? SEND IT OUT!”
 
Mr. Kichiko swallowed hard and nodded; his throat felt like it had been tied in a knot. He pressed the button on the control. Mr. Sayachi sat back down.
 
“You may go now, Mr. Kichiko.”
 
* * *
 
The boomer collapsed as… something else came through the ceiling and landed on it. The two Knight Sabers could do nothing but stare in shock as the thing turned towards them, red eyes focusing and unfocusing as it sized them up.
 
The newcomer was twice the size of the boomer. Its body was bright purple, its limbs and head deep red. Five black claws extended from each of its four hand-like feet and matching spikes ran down its back. Two long, scythe-like tails curved out, whipping and snapping around wildly.
 
Priss risked a glance at the screen that showed the control room.
 
“I take it this isn't part of the program?”
 
“No! Mackey and Nene said together. Mackey typed furiously, trying to figure something out. “Well,” he said. “It's definitely a boomer…”
 
“So, THAT thing's a boomer? You sure?” Priss said taking one step back subconsciously.
 
“Positive.”
 
It seemed to finish examining them, for the boomer let out something between a howling screech and a maniacal laugh. It lunged at them, but the two Knight Sabers jumped up over its head. Priss dove, trying to break the armor on its back from above. As soon as her kick landed, pain shot up her leg; the boomer's armor wasn't even scratched. Both its tails lashed out; one wrapped itself around Priss' injured leg, the other grabbing Nene around the waist. Snapping like a whip, it through the two across the room and into the bars. Electricity shot through the hardsuits, frying every circuit, wire, and electrical THING it touched. Not only that, but frying both women trapped inside. Priss' body prickled like being stabbed with thousands of tiny needles over and over and a ringing filled her ears until she thought she would go insane. The last thing Priss heard was her COM system crackling and an unknown voice yelling something she couldn't understand before everything went black.