Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Shinomegami ❯ The Appearance of Yuu Yetou (Usagi) ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


This chapter begins with Nuriko and Miaka meeting. Also, the Shinomegami are already in the plot. Oh, the first Shinomegami will be really easy to identify. If you want to know the Chinese names I will be using, go to the bottom of this chapter.

R&R plz!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Argh! I am so pissed with this damn useless - "

"Lady Kourin, you shouldn't have to do this by yourself. I am here to do it for you", a soft voice replied to her screaming and gently took the brush from Nuriko's clenched hand.

"Ah, thank you, Yetou. I just can't be trusted with brushing my own hair", Nuriko sighed, feeling the soft brushes run through his long purple hair.

"Ah", Yuu Yetou(*) acknowledged, setting down the brush after untangling her mistress' hair. Her small lithe hands began whirling the violet strands around, setting it into a hairstyle. She piled the violet hair up and let wisps fall before his ears, with long stands falling by his face.

Nuriko gazed into the mirror and smiled his approval. "You're such a natural hair dresser, Yetou", he complimented, patting the hairstyle in mirth.

"Thank-you for your compliment, Lady Kourin", Yuu Yetou bowed, dipping her head low in respect to the young crossdressing man.

"No problem…Oh, by the way, Yetou, have you heard the uproar the entire country of Konan is making? Every night I here sounds of celebration every time I take a walk in the city. Is something major going on that I haven't been informed about?" Nuriko demanded to know, his lips twisted into an involuntary pout.

"Lady Kourin…" Yuu Yetou hesitated. "…Have you heard of the Suzako no Miko that has appeared? I hope you don't mind me saying this, but His Majesty seems to have taken a fancy to that silly girl".

Nuriko narrowed his eyes and cocked his head questioningly. "Oh?"

"She is very pretty, I'll have to say. But she is clumsy and rather a glutton, if you don't mind me saying so. But she is heartwarming to be near. His Majesty seemed very…lively when he was with her", Yuu Yetou informed him.

"…Is that so? Then I must see this little girl myself, shan't I?" Nuriko stood up and picked up her dress. Yuu Yetou calmly led her out of the room and they made their way down the hall towards the palace grounds.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

"MIAKA!" Hotohori shouted over the pile of rubble. He knelt down, and with his bare hands (he was either very worried or very foolish) and tried to lift large pieces of broken concrete.

His hazel eyes were glazed over with immense worry for his Miko (and his fellow Seishi) as he continued to dig. He knew he wasn't doing much help, but he had to do something.

"Excuse me, your Majesty, allow me", a loud tomboyish voice suddenly interrupted his concentration. He turned to see two women standing behind him, one with a carefree smile on her lips and the one behind her with a serious expression on her face.

The first one had violet hair, done up in an artistic swirl upon her head, with strands dangling beside her face. She wore a set of silks with the colours yellow, white, red, and light green; tied together so intricately it was impossible to tell how she had put them on. She had wide purple eyes to match her hair and an impish smile on her face, along with a beauty mark under her left eye. She was very pretty - more childlike beauty then exotic beauty.

The woman behind her had silver blond hair - Hotohori wondered where she was from - done up in buns on her head and a set of pigtails looped at both ends. It was a simple style, nowhere near as fancy as the first woman, and showed that she was merely a maid. She wore a simple pink dress, tied tightly around her waist with a white sash. But what interested Hotohori the most were her eyes. It was a magnificent shade of sapphire blue with specks of silver in them.

The first woman surged forward and knelt before the pile of rubble. Hotohori reacted to late before the woman picked up a large part of the roof, and flung it over her shoulder. He was too shocked as she took out pieces of concrete even larger then herself and threw it to the side.

Finally, she lifted a piece of concrete and there laid Tamahome, who was on top of a scared Miaka.

"Gosh, I would've thought that would've killed you two off for sure", the woman shrugged and backed off, leaving Tamahome, Miaka, and Hotohori to deal with the situation.

"Miss - your strength! Why - how?" Hotohori stammered before staring at the woman's left collarbone. As if in a daze, he reached forward. One could imagine his surprise when the woman backed off, questioning him rather loudly exactly what was his Majesty doing.

"Excuse me, miss, but I was wondering - do you have a symbol that glows red - "

"Oh, you mean this?" The woman pushed the collar of her dress slightly, before revealing a red kanji that read, "willow".

Hotohori widened his eyes in amazement. "You're a Suzaku Seishi. Excellent! We now have three Suzaku Seishi with us!"

The woman blinked, then turned to Miaka and Tamahome. "And those two are…"

"The girl is Miaka, Suzaku no Miko. And the boy is one of the Suzaku Seishi, Tamahome", Hotohori introduced as Tamahome pulled Miaka to her feet, holding her close to him.

"Uh huh. So according to the legend, I'm one of the Seishi who are destined to protect this 'Miko' with my life", the woman said, her eyebrow elegantly arched in a questioning manner.

"Hey, what's your name, lady?" Tamahome called out.

The woman frowned, then smiled brilliantly and latched herself to his arm. She ignored the surprised look of Hotohori or Miaka, whose jaw had dropped when she had clutched onto him. She gave him a deep kiss that Tamahome was too shocked to prevent and smiled daintily at Tamahome.

The woman fluttered her eyelashes and smirked at Miaka. Then she turned back to Tamahome, who was staring at her strangely, one eyebrow raised. "My name is Chou Kourin, Tama-chan. My Seishi name is Nuriko. And since we're going to be fellow Seishi, let's get better acquainted, hmmm?" Kourin said before dragging Tamahome away.

"Hey! Wait! Waitaminute! I never agreed - "

"Come on, Tama-chan, let's go!" the woman led Tamahome away, grinning away in ignorance to his complaining. They soon disappeared around the corner, leaving Hotohori and Miaka.

They both turned to the golden haired girl left behind, who had not spoken a word from all this. She smiled pleasantly and bowed to Hotohori.

"My name is Yuu Yetou, and if you must see Lady Kourin, your Majesty, please inform me as well. I am her personal maid, and I must accompany her everywhere. Good day, your Majesty, Suzaku no Miko", the golden haired woman smiled graciously and led herself away.

"Wow, she's very beautiful!" Miaka commented, indicating both women. 'But why is that Kourin lady clutching onto Tamahome?'
"At least it's a girl more beautiful then me and not a man", Hotohori said and smiled.

Miaka facevaulted at his reply.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

The Suzaku no Miko gritted her teeth in frustration as she stomped around the room. "I can't stand that Nuriko woman!"

With a sigh, she dropped onto her bed, legs folding beneath her on the floor. She crossed her arms on her bed and let her head drop tiredly onto her arms. "But then I need all seven Seishi together to summon Suzaku and be granted three wishes...I guess I'll have to try to get along with Nuriko..." Miaka thought with great distaste.

"But I wish she'd stop hanging onto Tamahome like that!"

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

"What? You wish to be my maid?" A look of genuine surprised passed over Nuriko's beautiful face.

" It's just 'cause I want to get to know you better and - "

"Stop rambling! If you're going to be my maid, you're going to have to work!" Nuriko grinned wickedly; a smirk began forming on her lips. Yuu Yetou remained emotionless while standing behind Nuriko's seated form.

The man stood up, and headed out to the balcony, gesturing for Miaka and Yuu Yetou to follow him. Grinning at Miaka's questioning look, he pointed to the floor. "I want you to wash the floor. I want it to be clean enough to eat on. You understand?" Nuriko commanded, grinning wickedly.

Miaka seethed with anger but remained quiet, determined to win Nuriko over. She grabbed a wet towel from Yuu Yetou and the blond haired girl stepped back, pity clearly shining in her eyes. Miaka appreciated the sympathy, but what she found weird was that pity was the only thing shining in the girl's bright blue eyes. Not one single emotion could be shown otherwise.

Blinking confusedly, she wiped her mind of such thoughts and began washing the floor. Snickering, Nuriko, behind her, dumped at least two bowls full of leaves, grass, and mud - anything he could find outside - onto the floor.

Miaka widened her eyes at the mess Nuriko had just made. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" she shrieked, jumping out in outrage and throwing down her towel.

"My my, Miaka, such a temper. Come on, Tama-chan, let's go!" Nuriko dragged Tamahome off as Tamahome grumbled all the way. He knew he couldn't escape the supreme strength of the woman (man).

Yuu Yetou, however, stayed behind. She watched Miaka quietly, as Miaka furiously scrubbed the floor, muttering angrily under her breath.

Suddenly, the blond haired woman knelt down and grabbed another towel and started to help Miaka. Miaka looked up in shock. A maid as beautiful as Yuu Yetou was actually helping her - and staining her lovely pink dress.

"Why're you helping me, Yuu Yetou-san? I'm sure you wouldn't want to dirty your dress to help me wash the floor!" Miaka protested, eyes wide in innocent curiosity.

Yuu Yetou smiled, looking up as she continued to scrub the floor. "You are the Suzaku no Miko, and I find it rather disrespectful to leave you alone and let you wash the floor, when it should be my job. I cannot bear to see you in such terrible terms with Lady Kourin, Suzaku no Miko-sama", she explained patiently.

A huge smile split across Miaka's face. She suddenly hugged the blond girl, startling her as she dropped the towel. For the first time in years, Yetou was surprised and felt a warmth inside her as she was hugged. She had never felt it before.

"Arigatou, Yuu Yetou-san. I believe you're my first female friend here. I know you're older then me, I think I want to think of you as an older sister. Is that okay?" Miaka pulled back to stare at the shocked face of Yetou.

Yuu Yetou let a tiny smile escape her cold facade, and nodded.

With a squeal of delight, she hugged Yetou again.

"Suzaku no Miko, I think we should continue with the floor", Yetou advised, gently hoisting Miaka's arms off from around her neck.

"Hai!" Miaka chirped cheerfully

They worked silently until Yuu Yetou glanced up to meet Miaka's curious gaze. The girl immediately blushed and smiled cheerfully to cover her embarrassment. "Yuu Yetou-san, what does your name mean?" she asked quickly, immediately thinking up a question.

She smiled slightly, cocking her head to the side. "Yuu is moon, Yetou is 'of the rabbit'. Basically, if you put them together, you'll get rabbit of the moon", she explained patiently.

Miaka frowned as she sought to translate that to Japanese. "Tsuki...no... Usagi!"

"...Excuse me, Suzaku no Miko, but what did you just say?" the golden blond haired woman raised an eyebrow to indicate her question.

"Your name. In my native language, it would be Tsuki no Usagi. You know, Usagi is a lot shorter then Yuu Yetou. Can I just call you Usagi?" Miaka asked, eyes shining with hope.

"If you wish, Suzaku no Miko", Yuu Yetou nodded, blinking her large orbs of blue in familiarity as she heard that nickname. 'Where have I heard it before?'

"Great! 'Usagi-niichan!' I love the sound of that!" Miaka chirped cheerfully, and then turned back to the floor, scrubbing it furiously with a large smile on her face that stretched a mile.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

In her own room, Yuu Yetou brushed her own hair. She observed the shiny silky strands that tumbled over her shoulders as she released them from the restraints of her buns and looped pigtails. Sighing, she shook her hair out and stared at herself in the mirror.

Thinking about her current situation, she scowled. 'That lady Kourin is a real bitch. God, imagine, taking this Tamahome away from Miaka just because she - or should I say, HE is in love with the emperor. I absolutely hate jealous men', she thought with anger burning in her like a flame.

She hated this mission. To think, having to protect a monk. Never the fact that he hadn't even appeared yet. Why the Higher Ones made her arrive before he had even entered the story (literally) was beyond her.

Suddenly, she softened, a small smile gracing her face. "But…that Miaka girl was quite sweet. I saw that devoted look in her eyes when she looked at Tamahome. Maybe that is what mortal love is", she thought out loud and she laughed at the absurdity of this.

'To think, the most feared Shinomegami of Hell is contemplating about mortal emotions', Yuu Yetou shook her head with a small smile to herself and continued brushing her hair.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~


(*) Yuu Yetou (or Yuut Yeh Tou) is the name the Chinese dubbed version use for Usagi from Sailor Moon. For future reference, these are the chinese names I'll be using for the Shinomegami:

**...** is the anime the character is in.

Yuu Yetou = Serenity (Tsukino Usagi)
**Sailor Moon**

Ying Fa = Mistress (Kinomoto Sakura)
**Card Captor Sakura**
Okay, this name was made up. I have never watched the Chinese version of CCS and since Ying Fa also means cherry blossoms, it fits really well.

Mou Dan = Deity (Botan)
**Yu Yu Hakusho**
This is the Chinese name for Botan. And if you don't know the pronounciation, it's (mow-dahn).

Haichoi Li = Psyche (Kanzaki Hitomi)
**Escaflowne**
This is also made up. Never watched and never will watch the Chinese version of Escaflowne. I'm not sure if there is such a thing. Haichoi Li just sort of sounds like Hitomi, though I'm not sure. I'll have to think of a way for Miaka to rename her to Hitomi...