Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Powerplay ❯ Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Powerplay"
A Sailor Moon/Cardcaptors crossover fanfiction
By "Myst Lady"
mbmflips@yahoo.com or fics4fun@yahoo.ca

Disclaimer: Sailor Moon and Cardcaptors belongs to respective companies.

Dedicated to a wonderful group of people here at ff.net: K-Money, Chibizoo, Black Ninja Star, Quincy-chan, Gd-chan and VOL-chan. Thanks for the inspiration and support! A toast to my newly acquired muse! ^_^

To my good friends: JD and Tin-Tin

Opening notes: This is my last and final attempt to do an SM/CC story. An AU-ish type of story and this will mostly deal with Raye Hino and Yue. Other secondary characters such as Lita Kino, Ami Mizuno, Mina Aino, Julian Star, Tori Avalon, Ruby Moon and Clow Reed will have a chance to interact as well. As for Serena /Darien and Sakura/Lee, they will likely be mentioned but not too much.... I haven't abandoned my other SM/Cardcaptors fic "The Perfect Equation". It's still on the works! (Writer's block) -_-

Warning: Please keep in mind, rating from PG 13 to R is subject to change. Dubbed version and this fic is in slow progress. No Lemon will be featured in this fic!

Summary: Lust, power and fortune. The ultimate price of high society... But how far can a person exceed to its limitation? And even with one devastating secret enough to destroy a person's morality? Explore the lives of four individuals... An SM/Cardcaptors x-over!

Powerplay
Part one

For the past sixteen years, Raye Hino had a peaceful and stable life with her eccentric grandfather at the Cherry Hill Temple in the district of downtown Tokyo. She had the affection and respect from her doting grandfather despite the absence of her parents. She did not know her mother very well, assuming that she died during Raye's early childhood. She was a virtual stranger to her non-existent father. A successful, elite politician driven to his ambition.

She still grew to be a remarkable young lady, developing a rare gift called "ESP". She was a normal teenager and devotedly following the traditional ways of a Shinto priestess. Her grandfather hoped that one day, she will oversee the family temple operating in the past generations. All, he wanted was her happiness and a bright future ahead for her.

They remained a very close knit family. He meant a whole world to her. They certainly had their "moments" during their disputed battles. She had a legendary fiery temper and he was an old, stubborn mule. Their personality often clashes with one another. Neither both side becomes the lead winner in the end. No matter what the outcome maybe, they could still find a way to forgive each other. She still loves her grandfather very much. Until, it was already too late...


The funeral took place in the late afternoon. No one would have suspected this tragic day came. Her grandfather recently complained of a chest pain. He had been advised to see a medical doctor immediately. He wasn't too fond of hospitals and proudly rely upon on the old medicinal practices. In his opinion, they were far more effective than the technological advances. He ignored Raye's plea and her warnings. He attempted to heal himself and died. The doctors later concluded that he had died from a heart attack.

She was alone and the pain was still there. She had all the love and comfort from family and friends. But, she spurned them all. She hid herself away in a quiet, solitude of the fire room. Away from the prying eyes of the world to see, she began to cry.... Why? She asked herself.

There was a constant knocking on the door. She was immune to the noise, only to herself. A light footstep entered through the doorways and paused. A man's voice cleared his throat. "Miss Raye Hino?" He asked lightly.

"Who is it?" Raye was slightly infuriated on the intrusion.

"I do beg your pardon. I was told to find you here. My name is Toshiba Yamaro, family lawyer. We have much to discuss." His voice sounded urgent.

"I can take care of myself. I don't need anyone!" Raye exclaimed in anger.

"But...but...." The lawyer was flustered.

"Calm down, Raye. Let the man do his job!" Another voice interrupted in the room.

"I wasn't talking to you! Who are you to eavesdrop in the matter of a private conversation?" Raye demanded. Her steely eyes gazed upon a cold, domineering man.

"I'm your father." He responded.

Raye was speechless. She stood there, looking dumbfounded.

"I'm taking you with me," Her father spoke at last.

To be continued...

Please R/R. Thanks