Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ I Once was a Star ❯ I Once was a Star ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I Once was a Star

I once was a star.

Ha, that's a joke. I never was the star. Never did she look at me and smile, and thank me for saving her. She did smile at me. Yah, she did. But, it wasn't that special smile. No, that smile was saved for him.

I liked to video tape her. Yah, you could even say I was obsessed with it. Why? Because I could stare at her, admire her through the lens and nobody would think me strange. Not that I care what anybody thinks, except her, I care what she thinks more than she'll ever know. But if I stared at her without the lens she would think me strange.

Like mother, like daughter I guess. My mom was in love with hers. I guess I'm following right behind her, in her footsteps you could say. But that doesn't take away the pain. The pain that she likes him. It's worse when they go out. Or when she asks me, oh so politely, to take a walk so they can be alone.

I've liked her since elementary school. That's the worst part about it, that she hasn't noticed. She even tried to set me up with some guys. It won't work. I'm only in love with her. There, I said it, In Love. Yes I'm in love with her, so deal with it.

Sometimes I want to kill him. But then I think about how sad that would make her. So I give up on that idea. And suffer in silence.

You know, it's not exactly like I had a chance to attract her attention. I mean, it was always him in the spotlight. But something has to be said for the person who was always there. But, of course, no one cares about that person. And as always I'm that person, the person who's ignored. The only time that person is truly admired is after they die. Then, everyone notices that they were actually important.

Maybe I should kill myself, I mean I really don't want to live any more. Ha, it's a nice thought but I couldn't do it. If for no other reason than it would hurt her immensely.

My life is really hopeless isn't it? I can't tell her my feelings, I can't get rid of him, I can't make myself an option for her, and I can't even end it all by killing myself.

No, I never was a star.

And I don't think I ever will be.