Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Two Sides of the Moon ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Two Sides of the Moon

By Phoenix Hoshika

Chapter Two



“Yatta!” Sakura yelled excitedly as she ran up the stairs. Touya and me could hear her stomping by as she ran into her room and slammed the door. The sudden outburst of noise startled us out of deep concentration as we were studying for our chemistry final in his room. I didn’t even sense her approaching I was so deep in study.

“That monster, stomping around at a time like this…” Touya grumbled getting up.

“She sounds excited. I wonder what it could be?” I said standing as well and stretched.

“I’m just going to tell her to keep it down.”

I sat back down. I could have tagged along to find out what all the excitement was about, but I don’t want to be a party to Touya’s teasing. “Go easy on her.” I said smiling.

“I’ll go any way I want with her.”

"There he goes again." I thought. "Oh, well."

When Touya came back he seemed more disgruntled than before.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“The ‘brat’ is coming here for the summer with his family.”

“You mean…”

“His whole family.” Touya repeated and we both cringed. Shyaoran’s mother I could tolerate I would even go as far as to say I liked her, but his sisters are another story. At least we are not in their domain so this time we won’t have to put up with all the touching and grabbing.



A week later our finals were over and summer vacation had started. Touya and I were mall trolling. He spent his time in the arcade and I spent mine at the food stands until it was time for dinner. Even though I didn’t need to eat so much as Yukito since Touya gave me his power I still enjoyed it. Cookies, candy, soda, ocha, udon, miso, soba, sukiyaki, sushi if you could eat it I loved it. I just wished I could eat in my true form.

As we approached the Kinomoto residence we noticed a mini van in the driveway.

“Hmmm.” Touya groaned as he narrowed his eyes.

“Were you expecting someone for dinner?” I asked.

“Maybe my father or Sakura, but they would have said something earlier.”

“Then who is it?”

When we got in the door the answer was obvious. All five of Shyaoran’s sisters were in the living room.

“Osashiburi da yo ne?” They said in unison as they came our way.

“I have a part time job I need to get to.” Touya said coolly before he bolted like a rabbit out the door. That was my cue to leave too, but I was stunned to see them there and even more stunned at how fast Touya could run leaving me behind. Next thing I know there were hands and arms all over me.

“Kawaii!”

“Totemo kawaii!”

“Thank you, but please let me go.” I said in a pathetic attempt to get them away from me.

“You’re too cute to let go.”

“Demo, demo, Yukitosan is seeing someone.” Sakura said coming to my defense.

“Awe!!” They said releasing me as they went into the kitchen.

“Arigatou, Sakurachan.” I said gratefully. Then it hit me, she still thought Touya and me were… No one knew about it besides her, but still it bothered me. It bothers me even more that she didn’t know that it was over. At least her ignorance was able to save me. I should've felt happy, not like I was hit by a ton of bricks.

“Sorry about that they followed me here.” Shyaoran said before he too went into the kitchen.

“My dad is making dinner. Since they just dropped by I wasn’t sure if we would have enough food for them, but they brought food with them and Shyaoran’s mother is helping, so it is near done.” Sakura informed as was about to head into the kitchen her self.

“Sakuranchan, before we eat dinner I have to tell you something,” I said in a serious tone.

“What is it?”

“You see me and Touya broke up.”

“I know,” she said cheerfully. “I just told a fib for you so you owe me now.”

“You knew…” I said feeling a little sick. What did I expect, for her to put her heart on her sleeve again for me?

“Un, Touya told me Sunday night after pulling a prank on me…” Her face suddenly went sour.

“Wanna snack before dinner?” Sakura asked holding up a gallon of ice-cream.

“Very much.” I said with eyes watering.



A few days later I decided to stop by the restaurant Touya was working at for lunch.

“Good afternoon, my name is Kinomoto Touya and I will be your waiter. What would you like?” Touya asked me in a very unpleasant monotone voice.

“Touya you don’t have to be so formal with me.” I said teasingly.

“What would you like?” He said in the same tone with a hint of annoyance.

“Whatever the special is.”

“Hai.”

“When Touya came back with the food he still seemed very unhappy.

“You don’t look so good.”

“It’s Sakura, she’s been crying since yesterday. If we try to find out what’s wrong she just says she is fine and pulls a smile. We know she doesn’t want us to worry about her but…”

“Oh.”

“Yuki, maybe if you could stop by once you’ve finished here she might tell you.”

“In that case I can go now. I’ll take this with me.”

“Thank you.”

“Don’t mention it. I care about Sakura too.”



When Sakura opened the door her face seemed a little red and slightly wet. She must have been crying.

“Yukitosan, what are you doing here?”

“I just decided to stop by. May I come in?”

“Hai, sorry about that.” She said stepping aside and letting me in.

“Could you hold this for me?” I asked handing the bag of food to her so I could take off my shoes. “I bought this not too long ago so it should still be hot. There is enough here for the both of us.” I smiled. Still she seemed sad. Food always made me happy while in my barrowed form. I assumed it would have made her happy too, but it didn't. “Is everything okay?” I final asked.

“It’s… Never mind I’ll go put the food on some plates so we can eat it.”

Just when I thought she would say what was on her mind.

We sat in the kitchen and ate the meal in silence. It would have been nice if Sakura wasn’t so upset.

“What’s wrong?” I asked again in an even more concerned tone. Sakura started to cry.

“Shyaoran… Shyaoran… Shyaoran broke up with me. He said within the year he’s been in Hong Kong he found himself still thinking of the Cards and the power I had because of them. He said it was because he thought about that more than me was the reason we shouldn’t be together, because he would be after my power and not my heart but, I don’t want to believe that. He is a good person so why would he say something like that?” By then I had gotten up to give her a hug. She was crying heavily and I could barely understand her through the sobbing.

“Why?” She asked again. “I thought we were really in love. I don’t understand, why?”

Poor Sakura. She has had her heart broken twice in her short life. I wanted to tell her everything, but I forfeited that chance a year ago. Why was I so foolish? Why did I have to be so selfish? She was hurting and all I could think was; "Good, maybe there is still an opportunity for me." Even if there were I needed to focus on cheering her up, and Touya, he would hurt that kid if he found out he was the reason Sakura was so upset all this time. All I could do then was tell her it will be alright and that I would be there for her if she needed anything.



To be continued…