Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Detective Prince ❯ Uninvited Guests ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Detective Prince
Chapter 18
Uninvited Guests

"Hurry and get dressed, I'll walk you out if you'd like." Ran offered.

“Sure...that would be nice.” Conan said as lively as he could.

She smiled before heading into the hall. His head fell from one side to the other, still unsure how to handle the situation. He pushed out of bed, getting into his usual attire. Grabbing the things he felt he’d need, cramming them into the walls of his bag.

“Now to go and meet the Uncle I never knew I had.”

He waited in the kitchen for a good few minutes. Ran came trotting out not long after.

“I see you’ve decided to go to school today.”

“I’m feeling up to it, besides,” Ran said opening the front door. “It beats being cooped up in here all day.”

He couldn’t agree with that any more. The two of them stepped out together. They were met by a black truck sitting at the edge of the sidewalk, the windows all rolled up. The far door opened, a gentlemen dressed in black all black walked around from the other side.

“You must be Conan’s uncle,” Ran said looking him over.  “You look a lot younger than I expected.” She commented.

He cheerfully laughed at this.

“I’m just the butler Ms. Mouri, though your kind words are most appreciated.”

“Butler...he looks a little to young to be a butler.”

This went through his mind as Ran patted him on the shoulder.

“Guess this is it, make sure you behave yourself.” Ran said.

“I will.”

“If you need anything Conan, remember I’m just a call away.”

“I’ll be sure to call.” Conan replied.


She watched as the two of them entered the truck, the doors closing behind them. Conan looked back to see Ran waving  as they took off. They drove a few blocks up, Conan looking to the driver with a casual smile.

“I think it’s time we clear the air here, who are you?” Conan asked.

“I’m just a college boy,” He said turning to Conan. “He said he’d pay for one of my classes if I pretended to be the butler.”

“He?” Conan asked.

“Haven’t actually met the guy, said you’d know what’s going on.”

“I really don’t.” Conan said.

“Guess that makes two of us.”

They drove for another five minutes coming to a stop at a light post just across from a work out facility.

“Why are we stopping?” Conan asked.

“This is the drop point, just head over to that light post there.” He said pointing to one of the street corners.

Conan took a slight breath, gripping his bag around his shoulders. He headed to the light post, the truck taking off as he did. He waited for a few seconds which turned into minutes, cars and bikes flying by, spreading the dust this way and that. Those minutes quickly turned into an hour.

“I really didn’t like this before, but now I’m really getting a bad feeling.”

An alerting sound can be heard, foot steps slowly approaching from behind.
Conan didn’t move, as not to let them know he was aware of their presence.

“Glad you could make it,” A voice spoke. “What do you think about my new shades?”

Conan turned, immediately recognizing the man of the voice.

“Tim, you’re the one who set this all up?”

“What’s wrong,” He said with a tilt of the shades. “You have a difficult time convincing Ran to let you come?”

“Not really, it’s more about how you went about doing this.”

“Sorry, but I just didn’t have much time to come up with anything better.” Tim said.

“Your lies have become humerous at this point,” Conan said with smile. “How’d you fool Ran anyway, did you disguise your voice over the phone?”

“It wasn’t a total white lie,” Tim stated removing the shades from his eyes. “I simply had Richard Grayson call her.”

“Richard?”

“You know... Dick Grayson, also had him call Teitan High to excuse me for a couple days.”

“Guess you two are close like you said.”

“We’re practically brothers, we have eachothers backs when needed.”

“I see.”

“Let’s head to the apartment, Heiji is supposed to meet us there in about an hour or so.”

They kept a casual conversation, making it up to the room within the next fifteen minutes. Conan sat up on the bed, placing his bag to the side of himself. He laid back resting his head upon the soft sheets, looking to the ceiling in daze.

“I forgot to mention I got the results back on that knife.”

“What knife?” Conan asked still looking to the ceiling.

“The one found in the brief case.”

It took a few seconds for it to register in his mind.

“You referring to the one Gin carried?”

“Right you are,” Tim said holding the blade up which sat in a plastic bag. “I found traces of blood, just like I expected.”

“Does it belong to the man who was murdered?” Conan asked sitting up.

“Not sure yet, should have the results in a few days.”

He laid back once more, his head resting atop his hands. Tim switched the TV on, checking the news for any recent ongoing activities. The two of them waited. An hour rolled by. Conan lye there half asleep. Tim stood from the chair turning off the TV.

“Hey Conan,” He said grabbing his attention. “Almost forgot to mention I went and tracked that van down once again.”   

“Did you happen find Riko?”

“No, didn’t find what I expected to tell you the truth.” Tim said.

“What did you find?” Conan asked sitting up with interest.

“The van had been burned and before you ask, there was no body inside.”

“That figures, must have had something in there he didn’t want us to find out about.” Conan said.

“No doubt.”

Within the next second the door to the room slid to the side, both Tim and Conan directing their attention over.

“Look who finally decided to show up.” Tim said.

“Had a couple loose ends to take care of.” Heiji said steadying his bag along his shoulder.

“Now that we’re all here, when are we going to head out?” Conan asked.

“Flight leaves just a little over two hours from now,” Tim said looking to his watch. “We could head to the airport now, we’ll have to sit for awhile.”

“Might as well, there’s no telling what security will be like today.” Heiji said.

“Speaking of security, how do you plan on getting all your gadgets on?” Conan asked looking to Tim.

“Already sent the things I’ll need by mail, to a secure address ofcourse.” Tim replied.

“You have a plan for everything, don’t you?” Heiji stated.

“I try to anyway, not everything always rolls the way you expect it to.”

“Last one out pays for dinner.” Heiji declared turning for the door.

“But I haven’t even finished packing.” Tim exclaimed.

“Not our problem.” Conan said heading out after Heiji.

Tim shook his head from side to side, a semi smile coming to his face.

“Looks like dinner is on me.”


He joined them not long after, the three of them headed to the airport going through a long security process. Once at the gate they hung for a bit, discussing the events of the previous night. They boarded shortly after, the plain ride being a relaxing one for the most part. Conan was the first to exit the plane, waiting near a corner for the other two to come strolling out which didn’t take long.

“How’d you two enjoy the plane ride?” Tim asked.

“Not exactly my best," Heiji began. “The woman next to me kept rambling on about how much her life sucks, adding very in depth details.”

“Why didn’t you just listen to some music?” Conan asked.

“Try’d that, but she kept tugging at me,” Heiji said shaking his head. “What about you two?”

“The woman next to me kept offering me peanuts.” Conan stated.

“Did you take them?” Heiji asked.

“Kept telling her I wasn’t interested, don’t think she understood.”

“You two had it easy, considering the guy in the next aile from me kept staring over every few minutes.” Tim said.

“Now that’s just creepy.” Conan stated.

“I think it’s clear, Drake got the prize for the worst plane ride.” Heiji said in agreement.

“I’d have taken the peanuts over that any day.” Tim said causing the two of them to laugh.

They found their way out, catching a taxi which took them to a small motel. Tim lead the way as they walked in, getting the keys to their room. They walked down the hall, the door making a screechy sound as Tim pushed it open. The room was dark with a strong, yet unidentifiable odor. They felt around through the dark, feeling for anything they could find.

“Where the heck is the light switch?” Heiji complained.

Conan felt near the wall, grabbing hold of what appeared to be a string.

“I think I found it.” Conan said pulling down on the string.

They looked from side to side. The walls were beat down, the light switch was a shoe string, the carpet had stains, and not to mention the TV had a crack to the side of it. There were two beds, the sheets on both quite wrinkled. Conan and Heiji immediately directed their attention toward Tim, glaring over at him.

“What the hell is this Drake,” Heiji said tossing his bag to the ground. “Surely you can afford better than this dump.”  

“Low profile mean anything to you?” Tim asked.

“Come on Tim, this place is so low budget it’s probably not even on the map of profiles.” Conan added.

“If this is about me taking you to that club for your stitches, I’m sorry.” Heiji apologized.

“Relax guys, it’s only for a night or two.” Tim said assuringly.

“Your depiction of low profile gives the word a whole new meaning.” Heiji said.

“There’s got to be a better option, I’m pretty sure there’s a cheap hotel around we could try.” Conan suggested.

“Get comfortable detectives, my mind has been made up,” Tim firmly stated dropping his bag from his shoulders. “Nothing either of you can do or say to change my mind.”

Conan finally gave in sitting at the end of one of the beds.

“I’ll be back in a bit, you two should be able to manage.” Tim said walking to the door.

“Where are you going?” Conan asked.

“Just have a few stops I need to make, I promise I won’t be long.”

With that he left the room, leaving the two of them sitting, in the silence of the room they had come to despise. Conan reached for the remote, hoping they could find something of interest on TV.

“Why am I not surprised.” Conan said flipping through the channels only to receive static.

“Talk about unreal, this is just ridiculous.” Heiji thought to himself.  

The two of them sat back for the next hour, the only sound coming from the other room where two men could be heard arguing back and forth.

“Did he happen to tell you where the meeting is taking place?”

“No, but I’m pretty sure he’s found out by now.” Conan replied.

“Maybe that’s what he went out to do, find where the meeting will be held.” Heiji thought to himself.

They continued to wait around. Heiji looked to the top of the dresser, noticing a small card box. He walked over taking it into his hand.

“Looks like we have a set of playing cards,” Heiji said sliding the top off. “Interested in a little game Kudo?”

“Anything to help pass the time.” Conan said in agreement.

Heiji reached in pulling out a deck of cards only to find them all blank. He flipped through them all, nothing but blanks.

“What’s wrong?” Conan asked jumping down from the bed.

“They’re all blanks.” Heiji said coming to the last card to see something written on it.

He read over it before handing it to Conan.

“Check that out.”

Conan gave it a look, a message engraved in fine print.

“Nine sets template, ten creates simulation, the test of wits and knowledge,” Conan began rubbing the back of his head. “Only one shall rein at roads end...are you ready to begin?” Conan finished.

Conan looked up to Heiji, both just as confused as the other.

“Sure, why not.” Heiji said answering the question on the card.

At that second the card flourished into flames, Conan releasing it from his hand. It disintegrated before it could reach the ground, the ashes spreading through the air.

“Oh.. Kay then.” Heiji said as the two of them took a step back.

“I wonder what that was all about.” Conan said.

“Who knows, the sooner we get out of this place, the better.”

Heiji looked back to the dresser grabbing the box to the playing cards, stashing it into the side pocket of his bag.

“Love the design on this, take it for safe keepings.”

They sat around for nearly another hour, talking about anything that came to mind. The door to the room finally cracked open, Tim walking in holding a box over his right shoulder.

“How’d you guys cope?” Tim asked walking over and placing the box on to one of the chairs.

“We managed.” Conan answered sharply.

“What’s in the box?” Heiji asked.

“The tools I’ll need,” He answered looking over to Conan. “Hey Conan, you did remember to bring that special tie you told me about, right?”

“Yea, why do you ask?”

“You’ll be needing it.” Tim said.

He removed the tape before placing the box in one of the corners of the room.

“You find out where these guy’s are holding their little meeting?” Heiji asked.

“Sure did.” Tim replied walking over and spreading a map across one of the beds.

Conan and Heiji walked up to his sides giving the map a look themselves.

“Are these blue prints?” Conan asked.

“To the museum where it will take place," Tim said with a snap. “We have every window, vent, stairwell, and most importantly every exit accounted for.”

“Anything else we should be aware of?” Conan asked.

“North/East of the west wall rests a fully functional cannon, it can be used if need be.”

Heiji lifted a brow at this.

“Umm...not to sound disengaged or anything, but why do we need to know all this?” Heiji asked.

“Just in case things go south.” Tim replied.

“Are you implying we’re going to be at the meeting?” Conan asked.

“Right you are Shinichi Kudo.”

“Ok, now you’ve  really lost me,” Heiji said twisting his hat. “How do we plan on getting in without being noticed again?”

“Both Alfonso Franze and and his brother Trent Franze were scheduled to make it to the meeting.”

“Who are they?” Conan asked.

“Members of the Outworlders, Al also planned on bringing along his little daughter Sidney to accompany the eyes of the demon’s daughter,” Tim said with the stretch of his arm. “Thing is they called and implying they wouldn’t be able to make it.”

“Eyes of the demon?” Heiji questioned.

“Brutho Yunge, leader and founder of the Outworlders.”

“Nice going, how long did it take you to find that out?” Conan asked.

“You ask around for a bit, you’re almost guaranteed to find out eventually.”

Tim rolled the blue prints up walking over and placing them next to the box in the corner.

“You never answered the question Drake, how are we supposed to get in without being caught?” Heiji asked.

“That’s simple,” Tim said with a grin. “Al, Trent, and Sidney will be there.”

Conan and Heiji looked to eachother, still not understanding what he was talking about.

“I’ll give you the full scoop later,” Tim said removing his tie. “In the mean time we should get washed up, I saw a place about a mile from here we could go to for dinner.”

The three of them took turns taking a shower. They hung around at the beat down motel for a couple more hours, the sun setting in the distance. Tim lead them up the streets, taking them around corners, taking them to the place he had spoke of. After finishing with dinner they continued to walk the streets, a warm wind circulating in more than one direction.

“If you don’t mind me asking,” Heiji began looking to the night sky. “What do you do on your time off?”

“Crime dosen’t have an off switch, so I’d say my schedule is a little to packed for a break or vacation.”

“Harsh, that must take a lot out of you.” Conan said.

“It comes with the slip.”

“Just out of curiosity, what brought you to Japan in the first place?” Heiji asked.

“Somewhat of an unraveling story,” Tim began placing his hands into his pocket. “I came in search for a criminal known as Deadshot, an extreamly dangerous marksmen.”

“His name defiantly reinforces that.” Heiji commented.

“Do you have any idea where he might be?” Conan asked.

“He’s gone into hiding for the time being, but I’ll find him when he decides to come out.”

The three of them crossed the road heading down yet another street. They walked into a couple small shops, checking out all the different types of merchandise. After a long night of strolling they decided to head back to the motel. Heiji swiped his card pushing the door to the room open, Tim stepping in behind him.

“Where’s Kudo?” Heiji asked turning to see he hadn’t.entered the room.

“He stopped in that small shop just outside.” Tim said.

Heiji walked over to the bed taking a seat, turning his phone on to check his messages. Tim took a seat at the chair next to the desk, reaching over and placing the blueprints infront of him. About a minute later a knock can be heard at the door. Heiji stood up heading for the door.

“He must have forgot his key.” Heiji thought to himself reaching for the knob.


He pulled the door open looking to see two female police officers standing before him.

“Oh boy, what did we do now.”

“Come on in.” Heiji said stepping to the side.

Tim looked up from the table as one of them approached.

“What is this about?” Tim asked as she walked over taking a seat in his lap.

“Relax cutie, no need to say another word.” She teased streaking the side of his hair.

Heiji was about to intervene, feeling himself forced onto one of the beds. He rolled to his back to see the other officer standing over him.

“Stop resisting or you will be punished.” She said pulling out a whip and streaking him across the chest.

She reached down, beginning to unbutton his shirt. Tim grabbed her hand flipping her to the ground, hand cuffing her with her own cuffs.

“Enough.”

Heiji began to push up as she jumped on top of him, placing the whip around his neck.

“You like playing dirty?”

“I, don’t...know what...you’re talking..about.” Heiji said between chokes.

“This is room B:18 right?”

“That’s just across the hall.” Heiji replied with a cringed voice.

“I’m so sorry.” She said pushing up.

Heiji reached for his neck, letting out a slight cough. The two of them looking over to see Tim kneeled down next to her cuffed friend.

“Hey Drake, it’s ok,” Heiji said sitting up from the bed. “They got the wrong room.”

“Ohhh.....ok.”

Tim looked down removing the cuffs from her wrist as the door pushed open. Conan stood there, frozen at what he saw.

“Hopefully you two enjoy the rest of your night.” One of them said zipping up as they headed for the door.

They stepped around Conan, closing the door behind them. He stood, staring over at them. A long moment of silence filling the room.

“So...anybody want to tell me what that was all about?” Conan asked finding his arms crossing.

“Just a little misunderstanding.” Tim quickly replied with a shady smile.

“They had the wrong room.” Heiji added.

“Yea, I bet.” Conan muttered heading to the bathroom.

He went in, washing his face and brushing his teeth. Conan walked back out slipping into his pajamas before heading over to the far bed. He jumped up onto the bed placing the covers over himself. They were very thick, and a little scratchy at that.

“You can have that bed if you want, I’ll sleep over there with Kudo.” Heiji offered.

“Don’t worry about it,” Tim said still looking to the map. “One night without sleep won’t kill me.”

“You’re not serious are you?”

“I’ll be ok, I do this quite often back home.” Tim said looking up.

Heiji nodded heading off to bed. As the hours went on, he played out the many different scenarios in his head, making sure he had every little detail in sync with his plan. The night was long, people could be heard coming in and out, traffic storming by outside of the motel. Conan woke up early that next morning, rolling over to see Tim still sitting at the table.

“Did you get any sleep?” Conan asked.

“Not really, but I did pick up some stuff for us to wear to the get together.” Tim said placing a bag onto the table.

“When did you find the time to go shopping?”

“About two hours ago.” Tim replied.

“You still haven’t told us your master plan.” Heiji said stepping out from the bathroom with his tooth brush in hand.

“I’ll let you finish up, then we’ll discuss that.” Tim said.

Conan pushed down from the bed, getting into his clothes for the day. He then walked over to the side of the desk waiting for Heiji to join them.

“All done Drake, I think we’re entitled to knowing what the plan is .” Heiji said walking over.

“Very well,” Tim said zipping the bag open. “This is what you will wear.”

Heiji took the crisp clean suit into his hand, turning it from side to side, observing every sharp crease and solid color.

“Not bad Drake,” Heiji said looking away from the suit. “So what are you going to wear?”

“This.” Tim said reaching into the bag.

He pulled out a dark blue suit, a black tie coming with it.

“Not to shabby Drake, it almost compares with mine.” Heiji commented.

“What about me, what am I going to wear?” Conan asked anxiously.

Tim reached into the bag for a third time, pulling out the final pair of clothing. Conan’s eyes flashed wide. Heiji’s suit fell from his hand, finding himself consumed by uncontrollable laughter. It was clear, they knew exactly what his plan was. Conan looked to Tim, horror flashing across his face.

“Tim...please don’t make me do this.” Conan plead.

“Sorry, but this is the only way.” Tim rejected handing him his clothes.

“You heard him Kudo, it’s the only way.” Heiji said continuing to laugh.

“The meeting isn’t until this evening, let me give you both an in depth analysis on how we’re going to play this.”

The day went smoothly, the evening bringing a clear sky. They sat around, talking amongst themselves. As the time went on more group members began to enter, every minute or so.

“Alfonso, glad you were able to make it.”

“As am I Frank, had a lot on my plate but still found the time for this.”

“I see you brought along the girl,” Frank said looking down. “Didn’t know she wore bowties, but hey, it goes good with the pink dress.”

“She loves to travel, don’t you teddy bear?” Alfonso asked looking down to his daughter.  

“Of course.” Sidney said with a laugh.

“Where’s Trent, did he decide not to come?” He asked.

“He’s just over there, messing around with that cannon.” Alfonso pointed.

“Trent’s always been a questionable one, I’m going to go see who else has arrived,” Frank said turning to walk. “I’ll see you around.”

“Sure thing, hope to speak with you a little later.”

Alfonso looked down to his watch, it was just a little passed seven.

“Sidney come, let’s go have a seat at one of the tables.”

“Yes father.” She said with the roll of her eyes.

They took a seat, waiting for the rest of the group to arrive. Trent walked over joining them shortly after.

“Have fun with that cannon boy?” Alfonso asked.

“More than you could imagine.” Trent said taking a seat across from him.

“Is everything set up my good man?”

“You know I always see that everything is in place.” Trent replied.

“How long until we can leave?”

“After we speak with the big man himself, Brutho.” Trent answered.

“Good, the sooner the better,” Alfonso said with a slight giggle. “We both know how much my daughter hates wearing dresses.” He said causing the both of them to laugh.

“You both are so immature.” Sidney said turning away from the two of them.

Soon after someone began playing the piano up near the stage, everyone listening on for the next few minutes. Trent tapped the table with one finger, creating rhythm in flow with the musical notes being released. Suddenly a hand came to his shoulder, he turned looking up to see Brutho.

“Glad you two could make it.”

“It’s good to see you as well.” Trent said standing to his feet giving him a firm hand shake.

“I’m certain you’ve heard of our little problem.”

“You mean the Black Yangs, haven’t they always been.” Trent said.

“This is something new, an outsider I presume.”

“An outsider?”

“Took down nearly a dozen of my men, Knightez was the only to escape before the police arrived.” Brutho informed.

“Think he’s under the Black Yangs pay roll?”

“I don’t know,” Brutho said roughing up his knuckles. “But his attempt has been well noted.”

“Any idea what he looks like?” Trent asked.

“Not exactly, but Knightez did manage to get a hold of this.” Brutho said holding out a bird disk.

They stood in silence for a few seconds, the tune on the piano being played changing to a more calming one. Alfonso stood from his chair walking over along with Sidney at his side. A smile coming to Brutho’s face as he kneeled down infront of Sidney.

“How’s little Ms. Franze doing,” He asked placing a hand on her shoulder. “Didn’t know you were coming, or else I’d have brought Reina along.”

“It’s ok, one day hanging with my dad isn’t all that bad.” She replied with a big smile.

Alfonso rested his hand on her other shoulder, a smile coming to his face as well.

“Indeed it’s not.” Brutho said standing back to his feet.

“So what are we going to do about this problem?” Alfonso asked.

“He was nothing but a one night wonder, we’ll be ready for him the next time he shows.”

“I’m pretty sure this meeting wasn’t just set to tell us about that,” Trent said tightening his tie. “What is the real reason we’re here?”

Brutho smirked at this.

“Always business aye, I’ve always loved that trait about you Trent,” Brutho began. “The real reason I’ve set up this meeting is to gather all members for the shipments in three days.”

“Shipments?” Alfonso questioned.

“Hardware, jewels, weapons, and most importantly the diamond of mercury.”

“The diamond of mercury,” Trent questioned bringing a hand to his chin. “What is that?”

“An important gem my comrades,” Brutho said rubbing his hands together. “With it we will be one more step closer in building the ultimate weapon.”

“Where is this little thing going down?” Trent asked becoming more interested.

“Tokyo Japan.” Brutho said handing the two of them a card.

They read over them, the exact location imprinted on them. A few minutes passed, the tune changing once more.

“I’ll be seeing you two around.” Brutho said.

“In defiant.” Trent said shaking his hand once more.

Brutho reached, shaking Alfonso’s hand as well. An awkward look coming to his face. Brutho grabbed his wrist, turning it to the other side.

“Where is your scar, you’re not Alfonso.” Brutho said coldly.

Brutho is knocked from behind sending him crashing through one of the tables. Everyone directed their attention over.

“Run!!” Trent yelled pressing down on something on his watch.

With that Alfonso, Trent, and Sidney took off.

“Dammit Drake, I told you this wasn’t going to work!!” Heiji yelled removing his fake mustache.

“This is your fault,” Tim exclaimed as they continued to run. “It was your little wus hand shake that gave us away!”

“How do you know that?!”

“These guy’s are mercenaries, to fit in you’ve got to meet them beat for beat,” Tim said as they turned the corner. “Which by the way you failed to do with your dead fish hand shake.”

“Could you two stop arguing for once?!” Conan asked removing the wig from upon his head.

“West!” Tim yelled as they turned yet another corner.

They went down another hall, coming to a dead end.

“Woh, nice going leader.” Heiji stated with a challenging laugh.

“I never said I was the leader.”

The three of them turned as the men chasing them came to a stop, blocking their path back. Sweat rolled down the side of Conan’s face, not only was he frustrated for having to dress up as a little girl, but now they were surrounded by a lot of men who wanted to kill them. Everyone stood, no one moving a muscle. Within the next few seconds Brutho can be seen pushing to the front, a sinister smirk on his face.

“If it isn’t dummy, dumb, and dumber.” Brutho said looking the three of them over.

“That must make you dumbest.” Tim remarked.

One of the men nearly jumped at him, Brutho signaled for them to stand down, laughing as he did.

“I see you’ve got spirit, you played your role quite well I must say.” Brutho began. “But if anyone is going to be declared the dumbest, it should be him.” He said pointing to Conan who still wore the pink dress.

“Fair point.” Tim said as Conan nudged him on the side of the leg.

“Who are you three anyway?”

“I bet that’s a question you’d like answered.” Heiji stated with a gin.

“That would be nice, but killing you will be much sweeter,” Brutho said cracking his knuckles. “Then I’ll spread your remains across the sea.”

“That’s well said and all,” Tim said looking down to his watch. “But you’re dangerously running out of time.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Brutho asked as the side of the wall exploded.

Everyone flipped to the ground, trying to dodge all the wall pieces flying around. Tim quickly grabbed both Conan and Heiji by their wrists as they headed for the opened wall.

“This must have something to do with that cannon he was messing around with.” Conan thought to himself.

“Conan when we jump press down on the middle of my belt!” Tim instructed.

“Drake, are you sure about this!!” Heiji yelled as the three of them jumped out, falling toward the streets below.

Conan reached over with his free hand, pressing down on the belt just as Tim said. In that moment a parachute boosted out. Heiji breathed out in relief. They landed a few blocks away, next to a drug store.

“This way.” Tim said leading them into the sewer, closing the top once in.

They walked on, the thick liquid beneath them making squish sounds around their shoes. Tim turned on his phone, giving them a source of light.

“Why exactly are we down here again?” Heiji asked.

“They’ll be looking for us up top.” Tim replied.

Conan found himself struggling to breath correctly, the foul odor causing him to feel a little light headed.

“Do you even know where we are going?” Heiji asked.

Tim reached into his jacket, handing Heiji a map.

“Studied that last night, I’m taking us in the direction of the motel.” Tim answered.

“Drake....” Heiji said softly.

“Yes?” Tim asked while they continued walking.

“You’re paranoid.”

This caused both Heiji and Conan to laugh out, helping them to forget about the circumstances they were in, even if it was just for the moment.

“I’m not paranoid.” Tim muttered as the two of them continued to laugh.

It was well past ten when they finally arrived back. The three of them took turns washing up. They sat around the room, thinking about all the events that had filled the previous hours.

“We’ll remember this as the day we never speak of, ever again.” Conan said sliding on his night shirt.

“I don’t know Conan, I thought it was a lot of fun.” Tim said.

“Right,” Conan said sarcasticly. “Dressing as a girl had to be one of the most disturbing events I’ve had to endure in my life.”

“If it means anything, you made a great daughter.” Heiji stated patting him on the shoulder.

“Don’t even go there.” Conan said with a glare.

“Good thing I got a couple family shots.” Tim said holding out his phone.

Conan’s eyes sprung open, looking to see an image of himself disguised as Sidney.  

“Give me that!!!” Conan yelled darting forward.

Conan jumped at him. Tim just laughed, holding the phone well over his head.

“Even if you managed to delete them off the phone, I already sent them to my computer.” Tim informed.

“What?!”

Heiji began laughing as well. Conan’s shoulders dropped as he headed for the far bed, pouting as he did.

“What do you say Heiji,” Tim said scheming up an idea. “How about I blow one of these up and send it to Ran for her birthday.”

“That sounds like an awesome gift, she’d love it.”

“We could even title it 'Detective Conan Gone Wild’.” Tim came up with.

“I love the way you think.”

“What a pack of idiots.” Conan thought to himself jumping into bed.

“Are we heading back to Japan tommarrow?” Heiji asked.

“Not sure yet, we’ll see,” Tim said pulling out the business card received from Brutho. “One thing is for sure, we’re making headway.”

“As expected, I will say though,” Heiji said removing his hat. “I wasn’t sure about our little trio at first, but I think we’ve proven to be more than just a competent team.”

“And to think, we’re just getting started.”

“Right you are, Red Robin.”  

To Be Continued



Converting /tmp/phpLgQTXu to /dev/stdout