Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Detective Prince ❯ Aboard The Seawolf ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Detective Prince
Chapter 20
Aboard the Seawolf

The room seemingly began revolving around him, the walls expanding outward. He looked up, gazing into her eyes. The smile dropped from her face.

“What’s wrong with you,” Sonoko questioned standing up straight. “I asked one simple question and you don’t even seemed clued in.”

“It’s just that, I...I.”

“What would Tim do?”

“I what,” Sonoko asked placing her hands upon her waist. “What is it you want to tell me?”

“Got it,” Conan thought to himself. “Tim would Improvise, that’s what he’d do.”

“I....I really want to see you,” Conan said with a gulp. “Model.”

“Model,” Sonoko questioned. “What are you talking about?”

Conan rubbed the back of his head, looking to the ground.

“That came out wrong, what the heck am I saying anyway.”

“Conan, care to clarify to me what you are mumbling about?” Sonoko asked.

He stood in place, his palms becoming moist. He took a step back touching up against the wall.

“Oh, right.” Conan thought with the snap of his finger.

“Fashion, that’s what I’m talking about.” Conan finally answered.

“Fashion,” Sonoko asked with a confused look. “I’m not sure I follow.”

“I was wondering what your latest line of interest is.” Conan said stepping from the wall.

“Let me get this straight,” Sonoko said with the narrowing of her eyes. “You want to see me model in some of my latest purchases.”

Conan shook his head up and down, a smile present.

“Yes, your best looking ones.” Conan added.

“Why?” Sonoko quickly asked.

“Because of..my......school project.” Conan thought up.

“School project?”

“I have to gather information on two different induvisuals dealing with their taste when it comes to fashion,” Conan began. “Ran already gave in her input, so yea.”

“What do you do with the data once you’ve collected it?” Sonoko asked still a little skeptical.

“An in depth comparison on each person, right down to the fabric and color.” Conan replied.

“Oh, I see,” Sonoko said heading for the door. “I’ll be back shortly.”

She slid the door open, looking over at him one last time.

“This better not be some cheap trick to get me out of the house either, if it is,” Sonoko warned. “I’ll make this little vacation of yours is one to forget.”

“Oh no, this is no trick.” Conan said waving his hands around.

“We’ll see,” Sonoko said stepping out. “You better be here when I get back.”

“I will.” Conan said assuringly.

The door shutting afterward. He took a couple breaths knowing he had caught a break, even if it was a small one.

“I wonder what’s goanna be more shattering, me watching and rating Sonoko on her
little dress up,” Conan thought with the rolling of his eyes. “Or Tim finding out she’ll be the one  joining us on our little trip.”

He sat in silence for what he thought would be a short amount of time. An hour rolled by, another following in it’s path. Conan looked to his watch, it was nearing seven.

“What is taking her so long,” Conan stressed from waiting. “I wonder if she forgot she’s supposed to be watching me.”

The door swung open at that very second. She stepped in with a green bag strapped to her left shoulder. Conan waited as she walked over dropping it into the center of the table.

“Sorry it took me so long, had a lot to decide from.”

“I bet.” Conan muttered.

“You ready to begin?” Sonoko asked.

“About as ready as I’ll ever be.” Conan replied.

“Oh kay then, let’s get started.”

“Tim’s plan had fail written on it, better add mine is absolute fail.”

Conan sat at the table, time after time commenting and jotting down notes about each different outfit. He found his eyes becoming tiresome after about the tenth trial, struggling to keep them open.

“Why again did I come up with this?”

“Last one.” Sonoko said coming from the bathroom once more.

Conan looked her over, writing down on the paper once more.

“I give that one a six point five.” Conan stated.

“A six point five,” Sonoko exclaimed. “The highest score you’ve given me all night is an eight, bet you gave Ran all ten’s huh?”

“That’s not true, I’m just very critical on my critiquing.” Conan explained.

She swayed her hair from one side to the other with a huff, taking a few steps toward him.

“I don’t believe you,” Sonoko said continuing her approach. “Let me see that little notebook of yours.”

“No,” Conan insisted pulling it to his side. “It’s confidential, I won’t tell her your scores either.”

“I guess I’ll just have to ask her myself.” Sonoko said turning away with the lift of her head.

Conan looked down to his watch, it was just a little passed nine thirty.

“Thanks for taking the time in your day for my little project,” Conan thanked. “I’m going to head off to bed, I’ll see you in the morning.”

He turned heading for his room.

“Better not sleep with your eyes to tight.” Sonoko playfully called out.

Conan smiled at this, closing the door to his room once in.

“I wonder if I should sleep with an eye open.”

He slipped into his pajamas, walking over, rolling under the sheets. He fell asleep shortly after, part of his mind conscious of Sonoko’s little warning. He slept through the whole night, not a single eye peaked for the door

A scream thrashed through the walls. Conan bounced up, the screams continuing to surface in.

“That’s Sonoko!”

He jumped out of bed striding for the door. Conan came to a stop to see her sitting infront of the TV.

“I heard you scream, are you ok?”

She screamed once more, her full attention still to the screen. Conan looked to see some young shirtless guy surfing.

“I can’t believe I came running for this.”

Conan took back to his room, dressing into his clothes for the day. He walked back out pouring himself a bowl of cereal. His mind was set on his thoughts, he could have been eating a bowl full of milked down wood chips and wouldn’t have noticed. He washed up his dish when finished. Sitting at the table for the next few hours. His phone finally ringing just past one.

“Hey Tim, did you manage to get tickets?” Conan asked answering his phone.

“It wasn’t easy, but I got them”

“So when are you coming?” Conan asked.

“I’m actually on my way now, what did you tell Ran?” Tim asked.

“Nothing, just like you instructed.”

“Good," Tim said. “Sit tight, I’ll be there shortly.” Tim stated with the two of them hanging up.

“Boy is he in for a surprise.” Conan whispered with a slight snicker.   

Conan dropped his phone to his pocket, rubbing the ends of his knuckles. It was now time for him to let Sonoko in on their little planned trip. She sat with her eyes still glued to the TV. Conan sat next to her, looking to the TV as well.

“You finally decide on what you want to do for the next few days?” Sonoko asked noticing his presence.

“I was thinking maybe we could go on a cruise.”

“A cruise,” Sonoko questioned turning her body to face him. “Do you mean like on a boat?”

“Exactly what I’m referring to, think about it,” Conan said standing to his feet. “We could really have a lot of fun.”

“That stuff costs money you know,” Sonoko said leaning forward. “Besides, you have to make reservations and all that good stuff.”

“What if I told you we already have tickets to go on one?”

“Are you serious?!” Sonoko asked jumping up.

“I kid you not, I’m going to go pack some things,” Conan said standing to his feet. “Tim is on his way now, so we better get ready quick.” Conan added.

As he walked Sonoko stepped infront of him, her arms crossing across her chest.

“What did you just say?” Sonoko asked.

“Dammit, I was hoping she wouldn’t catch that last part.” Conan thought to himself with a laugh.

“I don’t see what’s so funny,” Sonoko striked. “You said something about Tim being on his way, is that true?”

Conan shook his head up and down, smiling as he did.

“He’s the one with the tickets.”

Sonoko began walking in circles, very confused at the whole situation.

“Are you telling me you’ve been hanging out with him?”

“Yea, he’s a real down to earth guy,” Conan said turning off the TV. “He invited the two of us to a cruise, I said yes.”

“Ok, now I’m really confused,” Sonoko said taking a seat once again. “Are he and Ran speaking?”

Conan rubbed the back of his head, nervously looking to the ground.

“Not exactly,” Conan said looking back up. “Ran dosen’t know about me and Tim’s friendship.”

“So you two have been hiding it from her?”

“Yes, but he really wants to tell her,” Conan began. “He’s just a little scared.”

“Scared, scared of what,” Sonoko snapped. “He’s put her through a lot recently in case you hadn’t noticed.”

“Tim’s wanted to apologize, he’s just a little afraid,” Conan said taking a step back. “Afraid Ran might use her karate on him.”

A moment of silence falls between the two. Conan holding his breath for a few seconds. Sonoko bursted out in laughter, tears of humor falling down her cheeks.

“What a wimp!” Sonoko said continuing to laugh.

“If only she knew.” Conan thought to himself shaking his head from side to side.

Conan stood, waiting for her laughter to come to a closing. Her laughs turned into giggles, wiping the tears from her eyes.

“Ok, I’m sorry,” Sonoko said sitting up. “I didn’t let you finish.”

“Tim was wondering if you could talk to her for him,” Conan said. “He’s ready to come clean about everything, the cruise is just to show he cares.”

“Why should I.” Sonoko asked.

“Because he’s sorry.” Conan stated.

“I’m not going, and neither are you,” Sonoko declared. “My mind is made up.”

“Come on Sonoko, there’s going to be a lot of big name people aboard,” Conan began. “I bet  there will be some really cute guys just dying to meet you.” Conan pushed.

She leaned over the couch, thinking about the proposition proposed. Conan headed to his room, almost sure he had tipped the scale in his favor. He packed a swim suit, an extra pair of clothes, and his handy dandy gadgets. He walked back out to see Sonoko holding two dresses up.

“Which one do you prefer, this one or this?”

He looked to the green one, then to the dark purple dress.

“That one.” Conan said pointing to his second choice.

Conan walked up to the window, looking down to see a limo pull up near the street.

“Looks like our ride is here,” Conan said looking back to Sonoko. “I’ll see you down stairs.”

Conan tightened his straps, running for the door.

“Be down in a sec.” Sonoko said just as the door closed.

Conan raced down, darting toward the parked vehicle. He opened the back door to see Tim in the far corner texting. He stepped in closing the door behind him.

“Thought we agreed I was going to come up,” Tim said directing his attention to Conan. “You didn’t tell her anything did you?”

“I see you got the roses.” Conan said noticing them next to his leg.

He pushed up sitting next to him.

“Why did you come down, shouldn’t we both be there when I tell her?” Tim asked.

A couple seconds went by, Tim waiting for Conan’s response. He didn’t get one.

“She is coming, right?”

“She is....just not Ran.” Conan mumbled.

“What do you mean,” Tim asked. “If Ran isn’t joining us, then who is?”

The door opened, she stepped in taking a seat right across from him.

“Hi Tim,” Sonoko said with a smile. “Heard you wanted to talk to me about something.”

“Yeeaaa....we’ll discuss that later.” Tim said looking to Conan, giving him the ‘we need to talk later’ look.

“Are those for me?” Sonoko asked noticing the roses.

“Hope you like them.” Tim said holding them out.

“They’re nice,” Sonoko said taking them into her hands. “I have a boyfriend remember, I hope this isn’t you trying to gain my interest.”

“Ofcourse not, it’s just to make up for everything that’s happened.” Tim stated.

Conan began giggling, receiving an elbow to the side from Tim.

“Well thanks,” Sonoko said gripping them. “I love them.”

“Glad you do.” Tim said through his teeth looking down to Conan who gulped.

The limo took off shortly after. It was a quiet drive, hitting a couple bumps here and there every so often. They stopped infront of a large building, the three of them exiting out with their belongings.

“Where do we go from here?” Conan asked.

“Just down this block.” Tim pointed.

The streets were busy just like most other days. As they walked both Conan and Tim noticed Sonoko slouching along from behind. They waited for her to catch up.

“Let me get that for you.” Tim said sliding her bag away from her, gripping it into his right hand.

“Thank you.” Sonoko whispered.

The scent became stronger, more clear, nearing the ocean which was just a block away. Suddenly Sonoko cut off their path, walking to a small shop just to the right.

“What are you doing,” Tim asked. “The ship is that way.”

“I didn’t pack a swim suit,” Sonoko informed. “I’m going to see if this little place sells any, I’ll only be a minute.”

“Take your time.” Tim said looking down to Conan who couldn’t help but smile.

No words were exchanged for the first few seconds.

“I can explain.” Conan finally talked out.

“I’m sure you can,” Tim said crossing his arms. “You must feel real proud, how long did it take for you to come up with this?”

“This was not intentional,” Conan explained. “I had given Ran a ticket to an art show.”

“An art show,” Tim questioned. “When did you give her that.”

“About a week ago,” Conan said remembering back. “Had to cover up for the times I spent the night at your apartment.”

“Looks like that came back to haunt us,” Tim said uncrossing his arms. “But I still owe you one for this.”

Give it your best,” Conan said looking to his watch. “You have a plan on what we’re going to do with Knightez?”

“I’ve got an idea, but it’s not what you think.” Tim replied.

“Can’t wait to see what you’ve come up with this time.”

They stood for another minute, Sonoko had not arrived back.

“How much longer do you think she’ll be in there?” Tim asked.

“I’d give it a couple more, three tops.” Conan replied.

The two of them decided to stand up against the wall, watching as others walked down the walk way. The comfort of the shade blocking the sun’s heat from touching down on them completely. Another minute passed, the two continuing to wait patiently. He looked up from the ground, something of beauty coming to his sight.

“Who is that?” Tim thought to himself.

She walked along the other side of the street, his eyes continuing to follow her, admiring her slick long hair, the perfect curbs in her legs. Conan looked up to see him totally out of it. He looked to the other side of the street to see what had got him all blanked out. Conan saw her as well, knowing exactly who he was looking at.

“Tim, hey Tim,” Conan said waving his hand up at him. “Snap out of it.”

He looked down at him, jumping back into reality.

“Oh, hey Conan,” Tim said with a smile. “Sonoko come out yet?”

“Don’t play dumb, I saw you looking over at her.” Conan said ignoring his question.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, I was looking at that fish sign.” Tim pointed.

Conan looked over noticing a fish with an eye patch on. He looked back up to Tim crossing his arms.

“Who exactly are you fooling?” Conan asked.

“Ok, so I got caught in the moment,” Tim said dropping his smile. “It’s not like you haven’t done it.”

“I’d advice for you to wipe her from your mind, she’s sorta taken,” Conan stated with the tip of his glasses. “She and our other partner are kinda....linked.”

“Partner, linked, what are you talking about?” Tim asked as someone stepped up.

“Hi Conan, who is this with you?” A friendly voice said from behind.

Tim turned around. It was her, standing right infront of him, the girl he had been watching from afar. Conan stepped inbetween the two of them looking from one to the other.

“This is Tim Drake,” Conan said introducing him. “He’s come all the way from Gotham on business, and to attend school.”

“Nice to meet you Tim, I’m Kazuha.”

“Nice to meet you to.” Tim said reaching out shaking her hand.

“Partner, linked....he must be talking about Heiji,” Tim thought to himself. “This must be his girlfriend.”

“What are you two doing up here anyway,” Kazuha asked. “Is Ran with you?”

“She’s actually at an art show right now,” Conan said. “So what has brought you all the way from Osaka this time?”

“I’m going on a cruise.” Kazuha replied.

“Maybe we’ll see you,” Conan said. “We’re going on one as well.”

“What does the bottom left of your ticket say?” Kazuha asked.

“Why?” Conan asked looking down.

“It tells you the name of the ship you will be on.”

He gave it a look, the name reading ‘Seawolf.”

“I guess we’re on the Seawolf.” Conan said.

“So will I,” Kazuha stated. “Maybe we could all hang together.”

She turned to see Tim smiling over at her, causing her to slightly blush. Tim noticed turning his head to the side. Conan looked up at the two of them shaking his head from side to side.

“Can’t say I didn’t try.” Conan thought to himself.

“Just out of curiosity, why are you two going on a cruise?”

“What can we say, nothing better to do with our little time off.” Tim replied.

“What about you?” Conan asked.

“My father insisted I go,” Kazuha answered. “There’s supposed to be a lot of public figures attending, and I don’t mind meeting new people.” She said turning back to Tim.

“I guess we all share that in common.” Tim said resting his hands in his pocket.

“Have you made any friends since you’ve been here?”

“Sure have, thanks to Conan.” Tim replied looking down to him.

“Hope you don’t mind me asking,” Kazuha said taking a step at him. “Do you have a girlfriend?”

“Why is she asking...?”

“No, I’m currently single.”

“Is that so, tell me...what do you look for in a woman?”

“She’s obviously up to something, gotta shake her some how.”

“That’s a tough question you present,” Tim said thinking up something. “I tend to go for girls with shorter hair.”

“Why’s that?”

“I don’t know,” Tim said looking to the sky. “Long haired women just tend to turn me off.”

He continued looking to the sky for a few seconds longer, directing his attention back down when she didn’t reply. Kazuha stood with her fists clenched, anger very apparent across her face.

“Kazuha, are you ok?” Tim calmly asked.

She stomped one of her feet to the ground, glaring over at him.

“So being around me turns you off!!” Kazuha exploded.

Tim jumped back, touching up against the wall.

“It’s not like that.” Tim explained.

“Then what!” She yelled cornering him.

He put his hands to her shoulder, trying to calm her down. She quickly slapped them away, becoming even more enraged.

“Don’t touch me!”

Sweat ran down the side of his face, looking from the corner of his eye to see Conan struggling to contain his laughter.

“What’s going on?”

The three of them turned to see Sonoko holding a few bags in her hand. Kazuha anger quickly dropping.

“Sonoko, what are you doing here?” Kazuha asked.

“I’m with them,” She replied walking over. “The three of us are going on a cruise.”

“So am I, atleast I’ll have someone to talk to,” Kazuha said looking back to Tim. “You should really teach your friend here how to talk to a lady.”

“Tim,” Sonoko said flashing her attention over to him. “What did you do this time?”

“I...I, I didn’t mean it like that.”

“Sure you didn’t,” Kazuha said turning to walk. “I’ve never been into arrogant hairists anyway.”

“Cant you be polite for once,” Sonoko asked rolling her eyes. “Can you hold these?”

She handed him the bags before taking off after Kazuha. Tim stood in place with his hands out, not fully sure on what just happened.

“I’ve heard of racist and sexist,” Tim stated. “But hairist....is that even a word.”

“I guess now it is.” Conan said walking on after them.

“Nice going Conan, I thought you were supposed to be my backup.”

“Guess you were mistaken.”

Tim shrugged reaching down grabbing the other bags, trailing behind the rest of the group. The beach came into view as they continued to walk. Four large ships could be seen floating near shore.

“I wonder which one’s the Seawolf.” Conan thought to himself.

It didn’t take long to figure out which one it was, the name being painted on the side. They walked up a pair of extended stairs, which took them up. With each step a crack could be heard beneath their feet. They made it on deck to see a couple others standing around. The four of them took to the right, finding an empty space to stand.

“Where do you think the captain is?” Conan asked.

“He’s probably in the cabin making last minute adjustments.” Kazuha guessed.

Everyone talked for the next few minutes. Conan and Tim the only two who waited in silence. A loud whistle can be heard, everyone directing their attention to the left. No one spoke a word, a man dressed in a full body suit and matching hat approached. He came to a stop, looking the whole group over.

“Hello everyone, I am Remuir Naoki,” He stated with the tip of his hat. “And I will be your captain for the next few days.”

“I guess we’ll be taking off soon.” Conan thought to himself.

“If it isn’t to much to ask, I’d like for you all to form a circle,” Naoki instructed. “When I come around to collect your ticket I want you to tell everyone one thing about yourself.”

With that everyone formed a circle. Conan looked to his right to see two children his age. Tim tapped him on the shoulder a second later.

“Looks like you have some potential friends.” Tim said.

The captain counted everyone off, then looking back to his clip board.

“We’re missing one person.”

At that second the sound of someone trotting up the stairs can be heard. Everyone looked over to see a young woman step up, the soft wind blowing the ends of her skirt. Conan immediately recognized her. Captain Naoki walked over bringing her to the circle.

“I’m glad you could join us, I’ll be your captain for this trip.”

“I look forward to it.”

“If you don’t mind, could you start us off,” Naoki said taking a step away. “State your name and one thing about yourself.”

“My name is Nakamori Aoko, daughter of inspector Ginzo.”

Sonoko waved over, Aoko waving back.

“They must know eachother.” Tim thought to himself.

The captain collected her ticket moving to the next person.

“And you are?”

“What’s happening everyone, I’m Nou Shoji,” He said with the flick of his hair. “For those who haven’t heard of me, I’m the MVP dancer of the year.”

Kazuha and Sonoko began to bounce up and down. Tim raised a brow looking to Conan.

“What’s with these two?” Tim whispered.

“He’s a hot item these days.” Conan replied.

He headed to the next person in the circle as they took a step forward.

“My name is Takeo,” He said introducing himself. “I’m a freelance writer, love working with children’s books.”

“Never heard of him before.” Conan thought to himself.

“Glad to be aboard the Seawolf, I’m Déwu,” He said with the wave of his hand. “I’m a professional chef, a lot of you might have caught my show which airs just after noon.”

“I’m just a friend of Déwu,” The man next to him stated. “I spend my days chopping down trees.”

“And your name is?” Captain Naoki asked.

“Hiroki.” He replied.

He walked to the next passenger as both Déwu and Hiroki whistled out. She turned to the side ignoring the two of them.

“I’m Kim, professional diver.”

“I’ve seen her on TV, she’s actually pretty good.” Conan thought to himself.

“Guess it’s my turn, never really been good with introductions,” He said with a smile. “My names Tsuneo, I manage a wide spread food company throughout all Japan.”

Conan and Tim looked to eachother as he approached the next passenger.

“I’m Bondo Salvonte, and this is my secretary Ladislav,” He said pointing to the woman next to him. “We do a lot of traveling, for the expansion of my business ofcourse.”

Ladislav had long brown hair, with imposing forest green eyes. She wore a full body uniform, a gun attached to her leg just below her skirt. Conan gulped at this.

“She looks like she means business.” Conan thought to himself.

“Sexy....but dangerous.” Tim said to himself.

It was finally his turn, the man that had brought them to this very place.

“Omah Freil, computer programmer for the newly created company Star Ruffs.” He said proudly.

“So we have a last name, that’s a step in the right direction.” Tim thought to himself.

“The names Norio, I was known as one of the best snipers back when I was in the military.”

The captain took another step, nearing their group.

“I’m Setsuko,” She introduced. “I take pride in my job as a pianist.”

“We have a piano just outside the casino room,” Captain Naoki informed. “If you’d like to use it, feel free to do so.”

“That would be great, I’ll even listen.” Aoko said.

Naoki kneeled down looking to two of the youngsters, a smile coming to his face.

“And who might you two be?” He asked.

“My names Yuji, and this is my sister Kamiko.” The boy stated.

“So who are you both traveling with?” Captain Naoki asked.

He turned to see Shoji approaching.

“They’re with me,” Shoji claimed. “I’m friends with there parents, agreed to bring them along for the cruise.”

Naoki nodded, directing his attention to Conan.

“I’m Conan, junior detective.” He said handing Naoki his ticket.

“Welcome aboard young detective.”

He stood back to his feet, stretching out his legs.

“Hello captain, I’m Timothy Wayne,” He said handing him three tickets. “Though most of my friends address me by Tim Drake.”

Sonoko and Kazuha both looked to see their tickets were missing, a grin coming to Tim’s face.

“I can’t find my ticket.”

“Nor can I.” Kazuha said.

The two of them froze when he stepped infront of them. He looked down, then back up.

“You two must be Kazuha and Sonoko.” Naoki said looking to the tickets then toward them.

“How did you know that?” Sonoko asked.

“Mr. Drake already handed me your tickets.”

He had his back turned to them, but he could feel both girls glaring over at him. He walked past the two of them heading for the last passenger.

“And you are?”

“Takako,” She answered. “My brother being a high class general in the military.”

Captain Naoki took to the middle of the circle, giving every person one last look.

“Now you all know eachother to a degree, feel free to chat amongst yourselves,” He said. “I’ll have your rooms assigned shortly.”

“About how long are we talking?” Tsuneo asked.

“Have to reset all the clocks, we had a power outage a few hours ago.”

“Won’t that take a long time to go through each room?” Freil asked.

“Naturally, but all our clocks can be controlled manually from the engine room,” Naoki informed. “It has a one minute delay when changing the times, so I always set it one minute ahead to keep everything in proportion.”  

“Interesting, didn’t know they had anything like that.” Tsuneo said.

“You’d be surprised.”

Kim approached, coming to a stop to the side of him.

“Where would the bathroom be located?” Kim asked.

“Right that way.” Naoki pointed.

She headed in that direction. Everyone else waited. Captain Naoki walked for the main cabin, reminding everyone he’d have their rooms ready soon. Conan pulled out his phone, deciding he’d give the Packman game another chance. Tim looked over his shoulder, watching him play.

“What level are you on?” Tim asked.

“Eleven, it was no cake piece getting here either.” Conan replied.

Within the next few seconds Yuji and Kamiko stood to the side of him.

“What did you say your name was again?” Yuji asked.

“Conan,” He repeated closing his phone up. “It must be cool to be able to travel with Mr. Shoji.”

“It’s always a lot of fun.” Kamiko cheerfully said.

“If you’d like we’d love to be your friends.” Yuji stated.

“You know, I’d like that.”

Tim smiled down at the three of them, looking up to come into eye contact with Bondo who stood a few yards away. He slowly made his way over.

“Nice to see you again, Timothy." Bondo said.

“Good to see you as well, hows business been?" Tim asked.

“Very prosperous, we’re making great strides," He said with a smile. “I see young Conan is with you."

“How’s it going Mr. Salvonte?" Conan asked looking up.

“Quite well," Bondo replied tapping him on the shoulder. “I looking forward to engaging with you both in the near future, take care now.” He said before walking off.

Tim then turned to see Aoko chatting with Kazuha and Sonoko.

“We need to keep a clear eye on the task at hand.” Tim thought to himself looking to Freil.

The captain came walking back to the group a few minutes later, holding key cards in his hand. He passed them out, heading to their group last.

“I see Ms. Kim has not arrived back,” Naoki said looking over his shoulder. “Would you mind giving this to Kim, her room is just across from yours.”

“No problem.” Kazuha replied taking the card into her hand.

He gathered everyones attention once more, directing them to the location of the rooms. Tim grabbed hold of all the bags once more, Conan walking to the left of him.

“Are your arms tired yet?” Conan asked.

“I wouldn’t say so,” Tim replied looking to him. “Not that I’m enjoying it either.”

As they continued to walk Kim came running back to the group. Kazuha walked over handing her the card to her room.

“Find the bathroom?” Kazuha asked.

“Not exactly.” Kim said looking to the ground.

“What happened?” Sonoko asked.

“I opened the wrong door.” She said shyly.

“What did you see?” Kazuha asked with concern in her voice.

“Some naked guy standing in the corner of a room, getting dressed.” Kim said looking back up.

“Did he see you?” Sonoko asked.

She nodded.

“Must be one of the staff members.” Conan thought to himself.

They opened a pair of doors which lead into a large hall, a new set of doors on each side. Sonoko looked down to the key card.

“We’re room fourteen.” She said looking back to Tim and Conan who weren’t  far behind.

She slid the card pushing the door open. The three of them walked in, the bathroom be located just to the right near the entrance. Sonoko switched the light on as the three walked into the heart of the room.

“Green carpet, it’s not every day you see that.” Tim commented dropping the bags to the ground.

“I’m going to see if I can find something to put these flowers in.” Sonoko said heading for the bathroom.

Tim took a seat at the side of the bed, Conan jumping up next to him. The walls were gray, pictures of sea life hanged from different parts of the wall. The TV sitting near the front wall on top of the dresser.

“I saw you put something on the side of Knightez’s door when we were walking, what was it?” Conan asked.

“Motion censors,” Tim replied. “It records any activity he may have, feeding it back to my computer.”

“Nice, let’s hope it comes in handy.”

Sonoko walked out the next second, the flowers sitting in a large cup of water.

“What are you two doing sitting around for,” Sonoko exclaimed throwing her hands up. “We should be out there hanging with the others.”

“Cut us some slack Sonoko, we just got here.” Tim replied.

“I just want to get one thing clear.”

“And what might that be?” Tim asked.

“You holding true to your promise, by telling Ran everything you’ve lied about.” Sonoko answered.

“About that,” Tim said rubbing the side of his head. “I kinda changed my mind.”

Conan looked at him in surprise as Sonoko walked up, standing over him.

“What do you mean by that?!” Sonoko shouted.

“I’m not ready to tell her just yet,” Tim said laughingly. “I was hoping you could give me a little more time.” Tim said adding a smile.

Sonoko took a few steps back, a smile of her own appearing.

“I think we might be able to come to a certain, how should we put it,” Sonoko said looking them both over causing them to freeze. “Agreement.”

“What did you have in mind?” Tim asked hesitantly.

She took another step back, having a seat on the bed across from theirs. She placed her hands to the side crossing her legs, looking to the both of them with a large grin on her face.

“You both have to treat me like a queen for the next few days, doing anything I say.”

“Agreed,” Tim said. “Under one condition.”

“Name it.”

“You can’t ask us to do anything you wouldn’t ask a little brother to do.” Tim replied.

“Deal,” Sonoko said standing back to her feet. “I don’t know about you two, but I’m going to go take a swim.”

She reached down for one of the bags, heading into the bathroom to change. The two of them sat in silence, staring down at the grass green carpet. Sonoko walked back out a few minutes later whistling out to grab their attention.

“How do I look?” Sonoko asked standing in her new bikini.

Both Tim and Conan gave her a thumbs up. She looked more than displeased by their poor efforts.

“I know you two can do better than that.” Sonoko said springing her hands to her waist.

“You look beautiful.” Conan coughed.

“So sexy.” Tim quickly added.

“That’s better,” Sonoko said in satisfaction. “I’ll see you boys out there.”

She headed out the door. Conan looked to Tim with the roll of his eyes.

“It’s incredible how you managed to get me involved in all of this.”

“Sorry, but I had to.”

“Why the sudden change,” Conan asked. “I thought you were ready to be real with her.”

“I have my reasons, let’s just stay focused on the task at hand.” Tim replied.

“This guy is way to into his job.” Conan thought to himself.

The two began storing their clothes clothes into the drawers. Once done they tossed on their trunks. Tim threw on a white T-shirt as well, causing Conan to look up.

“What do you need a shirt for,” Conan asked. “It’s nice out.”

“Just keeping my upper body concealed, you know,” Tim said looking down to him. “To keep anyone from becoming suspicious of my extra features.”

“Almost forgot about that.” Conan said.

“It happens,” Tim said reaching for his card key. “What do you say we go out and see what Mr. Omah is up to?”

“Sounds good to me.” Conan said in agreement.

Tim held the door open, the two of them heading to the other side of the deck where the pool is located. They stepped out to see many of the others standing around.

“I don’t see Freil anywhere.”

“Nor do I.” Tim said as Takeo approached.

“Timothy and Conan, am I right?”

“That’s correct, how’s the drink?” Tim asked looking to the liquid in his hand.

“Not bad I must say, you can ask Fred to whip you up something if you’re thirsty.” Takeo said.

“Who’s Fred?” Conan asked.

“The bartender.” Takeo pointed.

“Thanks for the heads up.” Tim said.

“No problem, hope to see you two around.” Takeo said before walking back through the main doors.

Conan headed for the pool, Tim one step behind him. They looked to see both Yuji and Kamiko swimming near the shore. They smiled when seeing Conan approaching.

“You going in?” Tim asked.

“Don’t see why not,” Conan said tossing his towel to one of the chairs. “What about you?”

“I think I’ll just sit.” Tim replied.

Conan stepped in, allowing the coolness of the water to relax his muscles. Kamiko and Yuji swam over next to him, bringing a water ball along.

“Want to play a game?” Kamiko asked.

“Sure, I’d love to.”

“Someone has to keep score.” Yuji said.

“I’ll keep score for you guys,” Tim said taking a seat at the edge of the pool. “Just tell me what you’re going to play.”

He sat keeping score of their game, an hour passing by. Their was still no sign of Freil. After another thirty minutes of playing Conan stepped out as Tim handed him a towel.

“Did Freil happen to walk by?” Conan asked.

“No,” Tim replied sitting up. “He must be keeping to his room.”

“Think he’s up to something?”

“Wouldn’t doubt it, on a side note,” Tim said looking around. “Where’s Sonoko, I thought she was coming out to swim.”

“Who knows, maybe she found a hot date.”

At that second the sound of glass shattering can be heard. Both Tim and Conan turned to see Kim standing over a broken cup.

“Dammit.” She hissed.

“What happened?” Conan asked as he and Tim walked over.

“The cup slipped from my hand,” She said looking up. “You know where a trash is?”

“I’ll get it.” A voice said from behind.

The three of them turned to see a young man drive up in a mechanical wheel chair. Kim blushed as he approached. Conan noticed.

“Looks like she has the hots for him.” He thought to himself.

He drove over the glass and spilled juice, sucking it all up with a device connected to his chair.

“Nice, that is some neat stuff.” Conan stated.

“That I can agree on.” Tim said.

“Thanks guys, by the way,” He said looking up to the three of them. “I’m  Remuir Kenji.”

“Remuir," Tim questioned. “You wouldn’t happen to be related to the captain would you?” Tim asked.

“Indeed I am, he’s my uncle.” Kenji replied.

“I’ll be right back...I...I’m going to go get another drink.” Kim said.

The three of them watched as she ran toward the main doors.

“She sure took off in a hurry.” Conan thought to himself.

“So Kenji how does that thing of yours work?” Tim asked.

“It’s rather simple actually,” He said pointing down to a tube. “That there sucks everything up, filtering into this bag here.”

“I wish I could have one of those for my room.” Conan said.

Kenji laughed at this.

“How long have you had it?” Conan asked.

“The accident happened about two years ago, got it a month after.” He replied.

“Accident?” Tim questioned.

“Use to be a sea diver, my legs got jammed inbetween a couple crates one night.” Kenji said with a smile. “Always loved to go under, just to observe the sea life.”

“Looks like you chose a job which keeps you close to your element.” Conan said.

“I’ll never leave the sea,” Kenji stated. “I breathe and live it.”

The three of them stared to the ocean, listening to it’s waves, breathing in it’s fresh scent. They found themselves standing their for a times length. Tim looked down noticing a long bag connected to the side of his chair.

“What do you keep in their?” Tim asked.

“My fishing pole and meds,” Kenji replied zipping it open. “I never take them out unless in use, that way I know where everything is.”

“Smart plan.” Tim acknowledged.

“Well I better get back to work,” Kenji said turning in his chair. “It was nice talking with you two.”

They watched as he drove off.

“He’s a guy with high spirits, gotta respect that given his situation.” Tim thought to himself.

The two of them spent the rest of their day hanging out near the deck, looking to see if Freil would ever come from his room. He never showed. The sun set in the distance, the two deciding to call it a night. They walked through the hall, the sound of the piano being played could be heard.

“Not bad, Setsuko’s got a good tune going.” Tim said as they walked past the piano room to see Aoko listening on.

Conan and Tim looked to one another, deciding to join her. She sat at one of the tables alone, her head rested. The two of them took seats to the side of her.

“Conan, I think she’s asleep.” Tim said looking to see her eyes shut.

“Can’t blame her, I’d be to, listening to her play.” Conan said looking over to Setsuko.

Tim gave her a couple shakes, awaking her. She looked from Conan then to Tim.

“Oh, it’s you two.”

“Hi Aoko, I’m Tim.” He said stretching out his hand.

“Kazuha warned me about you,” Aoko said turning in her chair. “She said you found long haired girls to be extreamly annoying.”

“Now she’s just bending things out of context,” Tim said standing from the chair. “You look tired, let me and Conan escort you to your room.”

“Yea, we’re heading back to ours anyway.” Conan added.

“I don’t see why not,” Aoko said standing from the table. “I am feeling a little sleepy.”

They headed down the hall once more, passing the casino to see Bondo at one of the pool tables along with Déwu and  Takeo. They came to a stop when they approached her room.

“Thanks for waking me,” Aoko thanked as she pushed the door to her room open. “I’d love for the both of you to join me by the pool tommarrow.”

“We’d be delighted,” Conan said with a bow. “See you then.”

She nodded before closing the door. As the two of them continued to head to their room Norio came darting down the hall. Tim and Conan jumped to the side barely dodging him.

“Jeez, I wonder what’s got him so worked up.”

“Nearly crashed into us.” Conan added.

Tim stepped up to the door sliding his card. They walked in to see Sonoko sitting at the end of the bed watching TV in a black night dress.

“Where have you two been all day,” Sonoko asked sitting up from the bed. “Trying to ignore me.”

“The same could be asked of you,” Tim countered. “Conan and I were at the pool for the whole day, where you said you’d be.”

“Ooohh......guess I forgot,” Sonoko said. “I was with Kazuha, Aoko, Shoji, and Hiroki for most of the day.”

“How’d that go?” Conan asked.

“We had a lot of fun,” Sonoko said with a half smile. “Shoji even invited me to spend the night with him.”

“Looks like Conan wasn’t the only one who made a friend or two,” Tim said walking past her to the top drawer. “So what time are you going to his room?”

“What do you think, ofcourse I’m not going, Sonoko yelled. “I’m not just some hop on the pony one night girl.”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to.” Tim began.

“Goodnight!” Sonoko interrupted switching off the TV.

“Just let me apologize.”

“I said goodnight!”

Sonoko flipped the covers up, sliding into bed. Tim looked down to Conan who smiled up at him.

“Nice going sucker.” Conan said as he headed for the bathroom, giggling as he did.

“How do I keep putting myself into these situations.”

Tim tossed his shirt to the ground, throwing on a pair of night shorts before getting into bed. Conan walked out of the bathroom in his pajamas a minute later, switching the light off before climbing into the bed as well.  The three of them falling asleep not long after, a gusty fog flowing by just on deck.

Silence filled the ship, the sea in a calming state with only the wisp sound of the furnace being heard. That is until the scream, the scream calling through the darkness, ravaging throughout the Seawolf. At first he thought it was a dream, but when it happened again his eyes were opened to the light of the truth. Conan pushed up, the clock reading one twenty four A.M.

“What was that....did I hear a scream?”

The scream could be heard once more, this time awaking Tim and Sonoko as well.

“What was that?” Tim asked pushing up.

“Someone is screaming.” Conan replied.

“Let’s go see what the deal is.” Tim said jumping out of bed.

“I’m coming to.” Sonoko stated.

The three of them quickly dressed, heading into the dark halls of the ship where the scream could be heard once more.

“It’s coming from the deck.” Conan said.

They pushed the doors to the side running out on deck, they arrived to see Takako screaming over a chopped up body.

“What happened?!” Tim asked walking over.

“I don’t know,” She exclaimed. “I just went on a midnight walk and found him like this!”

Conan felt for a pulse, nothing.

“Do you know who he is?” Takako asked.

“It’s Tsuneo.” Conan replied holding up his wallet.

The two looked the body over, examining the cuts.

“The cuts are deep and wide," Conan said. “The weapon used must be rather large."

“Not to mention with good leverage, it took some power to get cuts that deep.” Tim added.

Within the next few seconds Naoki, Kenji, Fred, and all the passengers arrived, one by one.

“What happened?!” Captain Naoki asked.

“We have a killer aboard.” Sonoko replied.

“What?!” Kenji yelled.

“This can’t be happening.” Shoji said in disbelief.

He began pacing from side to side.

“Where are the kids?” Captain Naoki asked.

“I told them to stay in the room.”

“Good, I think it’s better that way.” Tim said.

Conan and Tim looked to eachother, then to Freil. He was their prime suspect, but they needed proof.

“Conan you see that?” Tim asked looking around the body.

“He wasn’t killed here, there’s way to much blood missing.” Conan replied.

“Exactly...but I see no blood trail leading here,” Tim said looking from side to side. “How did they get the body here without leaving a track of blood?”

“Guess it’s time for us to go to work.” Conan replied.

The two of them looked to all the passengers, knowing the killer was amongst them. But who?

To Be Continued



Converting /tmp/php8yTTp4 to /dev/stdout