Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Detective Prince ❯ Reversed Set Up ( Chapter 49 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Detective Prince
Chapter 48
Reversed Set Up

He finally stepped away from the wall after standing there for over a minute, deciding to rejoin the others by the couch.

"Who was that you were talking with?" Dick asked.

"Tim wants us to meet him at the apartment." Conan replied.

"Did he say why?"

"I think it would be better if you heard it from him yourself," Conan replied. "It's about that certain surprise he's been hinting at all week."

"Is that so," Dick said playing along. "It's about time we found out what it was."

"He wants us over asap, so we better get going," Conan said before looking toward Ai. "I'll call you a little later to check up on your progress, hopefully you'll be well enough to go to school tomorrow."

"Nothing some good rest can't fix," Dick said. "Works every time I experience any headaches."

"Remember, I'm only a call away if you need anything." Conan said.

"You don't have to worry about me," Ai said laying back once more. "I'll be fine."

"Come on Conan, let's hit the road before rush hour begins," Dick said while looking down at his watch. "Which isn't to long from now."

"Didn't know we were in a rush." Conan said following him toward the front door.

"You're the one who said asap, remember?"

Hiroshi stepped in front of them just as they approached the door.

"Leaving so soon?"

"Sorry we had to cut our visit so short this time," Dick apologized. "But there's somewhere we need to be."

"When will I see the two of you again?"

"I'll try and be over after school tomorrow, pending anything that may come up." Conan replied.

"Bring Tim along if you're able, I want you all to see the improvements on the V-48." Hiroshi stated.

"The V-48," Dick questioned. "What is that again?"

"The metallic hand you saw me working with the other day," Hiroshi replied. "I'm sure you'll find the advancements most interesting."

"I look forward to seeing it," Dick said. "We'll try and stop by tomorrow some time."

With that the two of them made their way out. The doors to the car automatically unlocked as they approached. Once seated Dick glimpsed over at Conan who looked back in return.

"So what did he really tell you over the phone?" Dick asked.

"Some woman was looking for me up at the school today," Conan replied. "Says her name's Teia Njoo."

"And what's wrong with that?"

"She claims she knows me, except for the fact that I've never even heard her name up until today."

"Any idea what she wants with you?" Dick asked.

"He didn't say, only that she wants to meet me at noon tomorrow." Conan replied.

"Where at?"

"Don't know," Conan answered. "We'll have to ask Tim when we get there."

"Maybe you two are just over reacting," Dick said starting the engine. "I'm sure it's nothing to worry about."

"He already ran a background check on her." Conan informed.

"And?"

"Let's just say Ms. Njoo doesn't have much to show for as far as records are concerned," Conan replied. "I'd say that's more than enough to be skeptical."

"I stand corrected," Dick said. "Now the question becomes, why would someone you've never met make something up like that?"

".. I don't know."

"Well don't you worry," Dick assured. "We'll have this figured out in no time."

"Between the three of us, I have no doubt we will."

They drove in silence for the first few minutes. As expected traffic had really picked up from earlier. Conan turned on the radio after they came upon a mini roadblock, switching through three stations before deciding on one.

"Looks like there's been a car accident." Dick said gazing ahead.

"Does it look bad?" Conan asked resting his hands behind his head.

"Not from this angle," Dick replied. "Nor does it look like anyone got hurt, so that's good."

After managing to get past the minor traffic jam, they cruised along the rest of the way there. It wasn't hard to find a parking space upon arriving, the lot being more than half clear. They locked the doors before closing them, quickly making their way through the front doors.

"What if it was you in my shoes," Conan asked as they came to a stop at the elevator. "How would you handle this whole ordeal?"

"Factoring in our different life styles, I'm sure it would be much different than what you would."

"Very true at that."

The elevator door slid open shortly after with the two of them stepping in. They made their way up to his room, knocking twice to have him open up in a matter of seconds.

"Not bad," Tim said inviting them in. "Didn't expect you guys to get here so fast."

"Could have been sooner," Conan said. "If it hadn't been for that street accident."

"Was anyone hurt?"

"Thankfully not," Dick replied. "So what's going on with this Teia girl, did she say why she wanted to meet with Conan?"

"It's not Conan she wants to meet with, but rather Shinichi," Tim corrected. "And to answer your question, no she didn't say why she wanted to meet with him about, only that it was important."

"Where does she want to meet?" Conan asked.

"Central Park," Tim replied. "So you're sure you've had no prior run in with this woman?"

"Positive," Conan said assuringly. "I would have remembered a name like that."

"Where did she say she met him?" Dick asked.

"A library."

"Sounds generic enough," Conan commented. "When you spoke with her, how did she seem?"

"What do you mean?" Tim asked

"What kind of vibe did you get from her," Conan clarified. "Did she seem calm, distressed maybe?"

"Good question," Tim said bringing a hand to his chin. "From what I can recall, she seemed at ease for the most part."

"So how are we going to play this," Conan asked. "Obviously I'm not going to meet with her, so there must be something you have planned up."

"To be fair we really don't know anything about Ms. Njoo, let alone what she hopes to accomplish," Tim said. "With that in mind, I think it would be best if we started from the ground up."

"From the ground up huh, what did you have in mind?" Dick asked.

Tim reached over onto the desk, handing a slip of paper to Dick who read over it.

"Let me guess," Dick said looking up. "This is the address to where Teia is staying."

"I want you to go check it out," Tim confirmed. "Conan and I will wait here, that lowers the chance of any suspicion if we're spotted."

"I know you two can find something to keep yourselves occupied while I'm gone," Dick said sticking the paper into his pocket. "I won't be gone long."

"My phone will be on, so keep us updated on anything you come across."

"You got it."

With that he left the room, closing the door behind him. Conan made his way toward the bed, jumping up to have a seat.

"Before I forget," Tim said looking his way. "Did you ever get the chance to head back to the theater."

"According to Dick the place was completely surrounded by the media along with anyone else who was curious about the whole thing," Conan replied. "I don't think I would have had much luck getting in."

"Not to mention trying to investigate," Tim added. "The scene's probably been altered by now."

"That to," Conan said in agreement. "Not to switch gears or anything, but you said there was something you wanted me to do in regards to the Outworlders."

"Don't worry, I didn't forget about it," Tim said. "It's jut something we don't have to worry about until Sunday."

"So what's going to be happening on that day?"

"They're having a little get together at some small inn called Branneys Den," Tim informed. "They've been importing some heavy goods from out of state, stocking whatever they have into one of their many registered hideouts."

"So what's the catch," Conan questioned. "Am I supposed sneak in or something, because I don't see it taking them very long to notice a small child hanging around."

"I already have something in mind," Tim said. "We'll be just fine."

"Last time we talked you said they had four places of operation," Conan said. "Have you been able to locate anymore since then?"

"Three to be exact," Tim confirmed. "They've been keeping busy for these past two days."

The room became quiet for the next few seconds, neither saying a word within that time.

"How far is Njoo's place from here?"

"About three miles," Tim replied. "It won't take him long to return if that's what you were wondering."

"What do you think he's going to do when he gets there?"

"Set up shop of course," Tim answered. "That gives us a better chance at finding out what's really going on."

Conan laid back, closing his eyes as he did. He occasionally opened them to glimpse over at his watch to check the time. Thirty minutes quickly passed by, which then turned into an hour. He sat back up with the adjust of his glasses, looking over to find Tim analyzing something that laid upon the desk.

"What's with the dorky goggles?"

"Explaining all its capabilities would take some time," Tim said shifting them up from his eyes. "I'm still trying to distinguish the affects of the components that were able to transform you."

"Isn't it a little dangerous to be doing that in here," Conan questioned. "What if you accidently repeat the process, who knows what would happen this time."

"It's all stuck in this container, I can assure you there's no risk in it getting free," Tim said. "Unless I unscrewed the top of course."

Conan gave his watch another look, turning on the TV as he continued to wait. It wasn't until another twenty minutes passed that the door opened.

"I see you guys left the door unlocked," Dick said walking in. "That's a first."

"What took you so long," Conan asked hopping down from the bedside. "I thought for sure you would be back in under an hour."

"I set up surveillance videos outside of her apartment, not to mention setting up four more around central park," Dick informed. "I even managed to hook a bug to Njoo's phone, any calls she makes from here on out we'll be able to listen in on."

"How were you able to do that without her seeing you?" Conan asked.

"Strangely enough, she wasn't there," Dick replied. "I even waited around awhile and she still didn't show up."

"And I doubt she's out grading papers," Tim said. "Being that she's a gym teacher."

"Don't you mean undercover gym teacher?" Conan asked.

"Either way works."

"It's getting late for a school night," Dick said catching sight of the time. "Only ten more minutes until seven, would you like a ride home Conan?"

"Sure," Conan accepted. "My bags still in the car on top of that."

"You coming back later?" Tim asked.

"Most likely not," Dick replied. "As soon as I drop Conan off I'm heading back to my place to make sure everything feeds back to me correctly."

"Call me if you gain anything of importance." Tim said.

"And you try to get some sleep tonight," Dick said with a nod. "You look like you could use some rest."

With that Conan and Dick made their way out. Once they arrived back to the car they rolled the windows up, feeling the cool chill of the night breeze.

"So what do you plan on doing once twelve hits tomorrow," Conan asked. "Do you plan sending someone else to meet her in my place?"

He shook his head from side to side while pulling out from the parking lot.

"I only plan on observing," Dick informed. "No action needs to be taken at this point, especially since we still don't know what her intent of this whole thing is."

"I guess he makes a good point."

The traffic had mellowed down by this time, making it easy for them to pave their way along the road. Before he knew it they found themselves parked just outside the agency.

"Thanks for the ride." Conan thanked before tossing his bag over his shoulders. "Whenever you get the chance, be sure to call me to tell me what happens."

"Wouldn't have it any other way."

He closed the door on his way out, waving  back to him before heading up the stairwell. Dick nodded, driving off as soon as he could no longer see him. He came to a stop once reaching the door, opening it to see Ran standing over the table.

"I was just about to call you," Ran said looking his way after hearing the sound of the door. "Dinner is just about ready."

"I knew I smelled something." Conan smilingly said.

It only got cooler as the night progressed, the sky darkening from clouds traveling in from far north. She sat in the darkness of the room, watching as the clock hit twelve. The phone rang seconds later just as expected. She reached over to answer it, standing to her feet as she did.

"So what's the verdict?"

"He'll be there," She said assuringly. "I had a talk with a classmate of his."

"Good."

"Is there anything else you need me to do, or is that all you require of my services?"

"Just make sure you're at the park, I'll see you then... Teia."

"Don't be late."

He nearly over slept, the sound of the door slamming in the other room being what awoke him.

"Saved by the door." Conan said slouchingly getting out of bed.

After dressing himself for the day he made his way into the bathroom where he brushed his teeth, washing his face after doing so.

"I have approximately twenty minutes until class begins," Conan said looking at his watch. "I didn't wake up as late as I had originally thought."

Conan grabbed his bag before heading out. On his way down the stairs he could hear him laughing from within the office.

"Somebody must be having a good start." Conan thought glimpsing in to see Kogoro at his desk.

Not even five seconds after arriving out onto the sidewalk that he heard a loud honk from his side. He turned to see a car pull up with the door swinging open.

"Get in."

"Dick, what are you doing here?" Conan questioned.

"I'll explain on the way."

"But I have school remember?"

"I had you excused," Dick informed. "Now get in will ya."

He tossed his bag into the back before hopping in, securely closing the door behind him.

"Is this about that woman who wants to meet with me?"

"It seems this whole thing has just gotten just that much more complex." Dick confirmed.

"More complex, that's usually never a good sign."

"Teia received a call from someone just after twelve last night," Dick informed. "It looks like our suspicions about this whole thing were well noted."

"Any idea who she was talking with?" Conan asked.

"Whoever was on the other line was using a voice changer of some kind," Dick said. "You could tell from the way they sounded."

"So why do you need my help," Conan questioned. "Couldn't you have just asked Tim."

"He already is," Dick stated. "After that call was made last night I was able to trace back to where it came from."

"Let me guess," Conan said. "Tim's on his way there as we speak."

"That's right."

"That must mean you're going to head up to central park," Conan said. "So where does that leave me."

"Hold on, we're almost there."

He turned to look out the window, wondering exactly where it was they were going. It didn't take long for him to realize just that.

"We're here." Dick said bringing the car to a stop.

"Why did you bring me to Central Park," Conan asked. "I thought you were going to come alone."

Dick reached into the back to grab a black bag, zipping it open to reveal two laptop computers.

"What are these for?"

"The one you will be using has all the camera footage linked to it," Dick replied. "It has four different angles that cover a one hundred yard radius."

"Sounds simple enough."

"Here, put this in your ear," Dick instructed. "You'll be able to contact me if you see anything out of the ordinary."

"What is it, some kind of communications codec piece?"

"You could call it that," Dick replied. "I'll be on a roof overlooking looking the whole park."

"How far out?"

"No more than two hundred yards," Dick answered. "Not to close, not to far."

He pulled the second computer from within the bag, stepping out from the car after doing so.

"If I'm going to be monitoring the surveillance videos, what will you be doing?"

"The computer I will be using is linked with Tim's communications system," Dick said holding it up. "With it I'll be able to watch everything that goes on around him, similar to that of a RTLS, a type of tracking system."

"That must mean he's suited up," Conan said. "And here I thought it was strictly a night job."

"Birds aren't nocturnal."

"Point taken."

"I'll contact you as soon as I get situated on the roof," Dick said. "In the meantime keep an eye on that camera footage, Teia should be here any time now."

"I thought she wasn't coming until after twelve," Conan said looking down at his watch. "That's not for another few hours."

"Trust me, she'll be here a lot sooner than that," Dick said. "Just keep your eyes peeled, you'll see what I mean."

He closed the door from there, disappearing after heading up a hill.

"He might be right," Conan thought to himself. "After all this isn't a normal meeting, she'll probably need time to set up whatever it is she plans on doing."

The temperature continued it's ascend as he made his way through the hot forest. He pushed past several hanging branches, avoiding any sharp edged ones. After over an hour of walking he finally came to a stop, looking down into a wide spread ditch to find a small facility.

"So this is where the call came from, seems secluded enough."

He took this time to give the surrounding area a look, locating three surveillance camera's which were located near the roof.

"This is defiantly not your ordinary business place."

He then directed his attention toward the path leading up to the entrance. It was faint, but he could see it. There was a noticeable margin of dirt laying across, hinting that the ground might have been tampered with. He then noticed separate stacks of leafs laying five yards apart from one another.

"Could be landmines, better be careful moving forward," Red Robin said. "This is a lot of security for an already well hidden location, what is this place exactly?"

He gave the area one last look, nothing else jumping out at him.

"Need to play this safe." Red Robin said pressing down to his ear piece.

It took a few seconds for him to receive a response, kneeling down behind a tree as he waited.

"Are you there yet?"

"I'm here alright," Red Robin confirmed. "I need your help pin pointing any explosives."

"Explosives," Dick questioned with a long pause. "I don't see any explosives near you, or anything for that matter."

"Try double checking the connection."

Moments of silence ensued. He peaked out from behind the tree to see the video cameras rotating from side to side. Figuring out how to get in was going to be tricky.

"I checked the wiring for connectivity," Dick finally radioed back. "Everything's a go, it must have something to do from your location."

"Wouldn't doubt it," Red Robin said. "They might have a jamming system sitting around somewhere, that would explain the signal problems."

"Good thing we're using boosted transmission, or we'd really be in for it."

"I'm going to let you go," Red Robin said. "I need to start figuring out a way to get in without being seen by those cameras."

"Is anyone inside?"

"Can't tell from here, but I'll keep you posted," Red Robin replied. "RR out."

Nearly an hour had passed since arriving at the park. He looked down at his watch which read fifteen after ten.

"Less than two hours until twelve," Conan thought. "I wonder how early Dick expects her to come."

His phone buzzed from where it laid at the side of him. He reached over to see he had two missed calls.

"Ayumi called, guess I better start thinking up something to explain my absence."

Just as he placed the phone back at his side someone appeared on the bottom left screen, a woman at that.

"Looks like we might be in business," Conan said sitting up. "I wonder if she's alone."

He continued to look on, watching as she dropped from one screen only to reappear on another. After a half minute of walking she came to a stop in front of a bench, deciding to have a seat.

"Hey Dick," Conan radioed. "We've got company."

"Yea, I can see her from here."

"Do you think it's Teia?"

"Can't be too sure." Dick replied.

"How did she get here, did you happen to see how she arrived?"

"Negative," Dick answered. "She must have caught the bus and walked the rest of the way here."

He watched her every move, noticing when she glimpsed down at her wrist.

"She's checking the time," Conan thought. "It's looking more and more likely that this is our girl."

After a little patience and some handy maneuvering he made his way past the first line of security. It was dark throughout the hall, prompting him to switch his cowl to night vision mode. As he walked forward he noticed many spider webs hanging around as well as something clamped on the lower side of the left wall. He kneeled down to see what it was.

"Motion censors, how original."

He stood back to his feet, taking a deep breath as he pinned himself up against the wall. With the close of his eyes he side flipped over it, landing to the other side with a light tap.

"So far so good," Red Robin said. "Good thing those censors were of low quality."

Everything seemed to intensify with each passing minute, keeping his binoculars tight in hand as he scoured the whole park from his position. She hadn't moved from where she sat. Only hour remained until noon, and they were still no closer to finding out what she had in mind. The sound of his ear piece ringing could be heard in the next second.

"What's up," Dick answered. "See anything note worthy from your end?"

"Besides a few bike riders and a jogger, nothing here," Conan replied. "What about you, have you seen anything from up there?"

"I've checked all other roof tops," Dick informed. "No one in sight, so that pretty much rules out a sniper unless they plan on striking from somewhere else."

"A tree could be a possibility."

"Thanks, I'll give all tree's in the surrounding area a look."

"Glad I could help."

The signal got stronger and stronger with each step taken, as did his suspicion. From the time arriving up until this point, he hadn't come across a single person. He came to a stop once reaching the room, peaking in to see a phone laying on a desk in the far right corner.

"That must be the phone the mystery man used to call Teia last night."

He slowly stood back to his feet, readying himself to head in. Just as he was about to take a step he noticed a wire at the right side of the wall inside the room. He then looked to the left to see the exact same thing.

"I wonder where these wires lead to."

It didn't take long for him to realize they were linked to a computer which also sat on the desk.

"Now I see what this is all about." Red Robin said with a smile.

He dropped to a knee while clicking down to his ear piece.

"Hey Dick, we've got a problem."

"What's wrong, don't tell me you haven't found where that call was made from."

"I have," Red Robin said. "That's not the problem."

"Then what is it," Dick asked. "Have you been sighted?"

"This whole thing was one big set up."

"Set up?"

"The room the call came from is wired," Red Robin informed. "If I hadn't noticed the wire this place would have went up in smoke."

"Are you sure?"

"There's no one here but me," Red Robin said. "That's the only thing that makes sense."

"Well if that's the case, then hurry and get out of there."

"Not yet."

"What do you mean not yet?" Dick questioned.

"Keep an eye on Teia," Red Robin said. "I'll see you soon."

"Wait, what do you plan on." Dick began only to be closed off.

He directed his attention toward the room once more, standing back up as he walked forward. He carefully stepped over the wire, slowly making his way toward the computer.

"Now it's my turn." Red Robin said taking a seat in the chair.

It was down to the last thirty minutes until twelve O'clock was to come. He watched as she reached into her purse to pull out her phone.

"Looks like we're finally making some headway." Conan said.

He couldn't tell what she was saying by just looking. The conversation only lasted for a few seconds. She stood up from the bench after hanging up, smiling as she walked toward the road.

"What's going on," Conan exclaimed. "Why is she leaving, it's not even twelve yet."

None of it made any sense. Why go through all the trouble of setting this all up only to leave before the planned time. Conan radioed Dick who didn't respond. He tried for a second time only to gain the same results.

"Why isn't he answering?"

Over five minutes passed as he continued to wait. He tried calling Tim as well, who also didn't answer. Just as he was about to get out, the driver door swung open with Dick hopping in.

"I tried calling you, how come you didn't answer?"

"Was to busy watching our suspect drive off." Dick replied.

"Did she take the bus?"

"Someone picked her up in a black car this time," Dick informed. "Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the license plate number."

"I wouldn't worry about it to much, let's not forget Tim's working from the other end."

"Well that's also a problem," Dick stated. "He's not answering."

"Why's that?"

"Not sure," Dick said. "The last thing he told me was that the facility he was in was wired to explode."

"You don't think that he..."

"Defiantly not," Dick replied. "If he didn't think he could handle the situation he would have left."

"So what now?"

"We go back to the base," Dick replied. "Tim said he'd see us soon, so I'm assuming that's where he'd want to meet."

"Good call."

Even though they had come up empty, they didn't let it bother them too much. Just like the previous day, they found themselves packed in yet another traffic jam. It took them an hour to finally break free of it. Once they reached the forest, he parked directly across the street by the roadside.

"Any idea why she might have left so early?" Conan asked as the two stepped out from the car.

"Bet it had something to do with that phone call," Dick said. "That might be a question we can't answer."

"Not yet anyway."

The two of them made their way down into the base, surprised to walk in to find Tim was already there.

"What took you guys so long?" Tim asked looking up from the computer.

"Heavy traffic," Dick replied. "How'd things go on your end."

"Let's just say things went out with a bang."

"You mean to tell me you tripped the wire," Dick asked. "I thought for sure you had everything under control."

"What if I told you it was intentional?"

"Why would you do that?" Conan asked.

"Like I told Dick before, this whole thing was a set up," Tim said. "I should have known from the moment I came across all those death traps, not to mention the many hanging spider webs which would suggest no one has been around much."

"Well if that's the case, wouldn't that mean they knew about the bug Dick planted on her phone," Conan asked. "That's the only way we would have found that facility in the first place."

"Right you are Shinichi."

"Now the question becomes who would know Conan would be smart enough to trace everything back to that place," Dick said. "And more importantly, why they want him dead."

"Why did you let that place explode anyway," Conan asked. "You could have just left undetected."

"That was the plan."

"So what happened that changed it?"

"I wanted to try and figure out who was behind all of this," Tim stated. "So I had a look in on the computer which was in the room."

"What were you able to find?" Dick asked.

"There were over ten thousand different networks hooked up to one server, including the computer I was on," Tim informed. "From what I can tell it was used for getting in contact with other groups or members for different tasks."

"What kind of tasks?" Conan asked.

"Drugs, money, paid hits, you name it."

"Sounds dangerous."

"Here's the fun part," Tim said with a grin. "I set up my own little virus within the main system, in a few months from now anyone who has or does have access to the network will find that their computer will internally implode on itself."

"Damaging their business for a period to come," Conan said with a clap. "Wow Tim, I'm impressed."

"What about the explosion," Dick asked stepping forward. "Why did you do that?"

"After installing the virus I tried hacking into the main file to see where everyone in the system was located," Tim stated. "An alarm went off in the room after a failed attempt was noted, luckily I escaped through a vent a few feet away from the door that lead to the sewer."

"That's what you call a narrow escape." Conan said.

"I even left the cowl and cape behind," Tim informed. "They might not find a body if they decide to search, but that should drop any suspicion of anyone surviving the explosion."

A brief silence filled the room, taking in the days events up to this point.

"That would explain why Teia left after receiving that call," Conan said. "Whoever was on the other line must have told her about the explosion."

"Now I see," Dick said. "They must have thought Kudo was the one to fall into their little trap."

"And they failed, because we reversed what they threw our way." Tim said.

"And we'll continue to do so," Conan added. "I'm going to head home, there's something I want to do."

"Would you like a ride?" Dick asked.

"Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll walk this one out."

"Suite yourself."

They watched as he left the room, the door sliding shut in the moments that passed. Dick looked back to Tim who had already found his attention back on the computer.

"You know leaving your cowl behind was a risky move right?"

"Yea, I know," Tim said. "But I wanted them to be assured no one escaped."

"But they thought it was Conan who was there, not you."

"I didn't know that at the time, It's something I didn't really think about," Tim said. "What about Teia, was anyone with her?"

"No, but I did see the car she left in," Dick replied. "Someone picked her up in a black car."

"What kind?" Tim asked.

"A Porsche," Dick answered. "A 356A Porsche if I'm not mistaken."

"You must be good with your cars," Tim commented. "Because I wouldn't even be able to begin to give you the names of certain brands when we go past the main name."

"What do you have planned for tomorrow?" Dick asked.

"Why do you ask?"

"I thought it would be a good time for you to go and give Salvonte a visit."

"Might have to hold off on that," Tim said. "I'll be getting off school a little later than usual."

"Why's that?"

"We're going on a field trip," Tim replied. "Other high schools are coming along as well, one of them being Ekoda High, so it should be make for an interesting day."

"Oh yea, you told me about that," Dick remembered. "That's why you bought those new shoes."

"What about you," Tim asked. "Anything planned for tomorrow."

"I'll find something to keep myself busy," Dick said heading for the door. "I always do."

"Where are you going?"

"Back to my apartment," Dick replied. "I have something to work on just like you."

"You plan on coming back later?"

Dick looked back at him one last time after stepping out past the door.

"We'll see."

To Be Continued














Converting /tmp/phpHmNK8E to /dev/stdout