Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Last Time ❯ The Decision ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This is my first fanfic. I'm not good at this stuff but I think it's fun. It doesn't make sense… still I hope anyone who reads my fanfic enjoys it! ^_- At age13, I don't expect to be any professional writer, but if there's any grammar or spelling mistakes, please tell me so I can improve. Thanks!

Disclaimer: I DO NOT own Detective Conan, all its characters belong to the Gosho Aoyama. I only write fanfics.

Chapter 1: The Decision

Argh, I can never get this right Ran thought. She was sitting at her desk trying to figure out a math problem. I wish Shinichi was herehe's good at this stuff Ran shook her head and tried to concentrate, but she couldn't. Ran sighed. She knew it was no use thinking of Shinichi, but she couldn't help being in love with him. Just as Ran was getting out her chair, there was a knock at her door. Surprised, Ran went and opened the door. Conan was there.

"Conan, is anything wrong? You look very pale." Ran bent down to talk to the young boy.

"No, nothing's wrong, but…" Conan took off his glasses, rubbed his eyes and looked at Ran. He put his glasses back on and sighed. "I'm just tired. I'll get some sleep. I was just checking to see you're okay. Good-night," the boy yawned and turned to walk down to his room.

"Wait!" Ran had the feeling that something was going to happen to Conan. It was just thing feeling that made the hairs stick up on her neck.

"Yes?" Conan asked, turned, and looked at Ran. "Do you need something?"

"No, it's just that I…" Ran hugged Conan and said, "Promise me you'll be safe. I've already lost Shinichi, I don't want to lose you,too."

"What are you talking about, Ran-neechan? You didn't lose Shinichi-niisan, he's just not…here," Conan said looking Ran closely as she let him go. "Did something happen?"

"Nah, it's just that I want you to be safe. Shinichi…I just wish he would come home." Ran sighed and let go of the young boy. "Night."

"Oh, okay. Night…" Conan walked back to his room and closed the door. Argh, this is so hard. I'm so close to her, yet so far. I can't keep her waiting. I've got to find a way to change back. Ahh! Ai, please hurry. I'm driving myself nuts! Conan sighed. There was no use arguing with himself. He flopped down on his mat and lay thinking. What should I do? Ran's birthday's is in about week. I really want to be there for her. Ahh, I'll worry about later. Now, I just need to get a good night's sleep or I'll blow up my brain. Before falling asleep, Conan whispered, "Kudo Shinichi, you're an idiot," to himself.

The next morning, Conan showed up to school a bit early and he sat by a big oak tree in the schoolyard waiting for the others to show up. Suddenly, Ai was right there in front of him. Startled, Conan looked up at the girl.

"Wow, Haibara. You're here early…" he said.

"Yeah, well. How's Edogawa doing under MY tree?"

"YOUR tree? I got here FIRST!"

"You sure are getting used to this 7-year-old thing, aren't you? You sound like a real kid!" Ai grinned as she took a seat by Conan.

"So do you," he grinned for a second, but let the smile drop. "I don't want to be, but there's no other choice. What can I do?" Conan sighed. "I might have to stay like this forever." Conan put his head into his hands. "The thought of that makes me go crazy."

Ai smiled. She took out a small capsule from her pocket. "Here, this will cure you."

"What?" Conan laughed. "Yeah, cure my headache, probably."

"No, I'm serious. This will return you to your normal body." Ai held the capsule out to Conan.

"Come on, you said so yourself that you couldn't find a cure. How come you suddenly come up with one? This has got to be a joke. I'm not letting you play God with my life anymore. I'd rather watch Ran like this than to die." Conan leaned back against the tree. "I know that a while ago I said I would do anything to return to my body, but after turning back so many times…I can't stand it. It's not the pain of my body changing, but the pain of having to leave Ran. Maybe all I want right now is to be able to see her and let her know I care."

"I said it WILL work. I know I said I couldn't find a cure and I'm sorry for lying and everything. I only said that so that you'd stop bothering me about it so I could concentrate." Ai sighed and leaned back. "This is your only chance, Kudo. Don't you want to be there for Ran?"

"Yeah I do, but I…" Conan looked away.

Ai knew Conan was making a hard decision. After all, she wasn't the easiest person to trust. "Here, take it. Use it if you want to." Ai thrust the pill into his hand and stood up. "I'm going to class."

"Wait…Ai…what if I do return to Kudo Shinichi? How will I tell everyone?"

"You don't have to. Just say you were gone. The Conan stuff we'll deal with later, but don't say anything." Ai started walking, but stopped. The girl turned with a worried expression on her face. "Please. I'll be glad if you don't spill the beans on us, especially me. You know how tense I get." She smiled and said, "You know you and Agasa are the only ones I can trust…" Although I'm not exactly so trustworthy myself, Ai thought.

"Don't worry, I understand. Just tell the teacher I'm out sick today. Thanks!" Conan said as he grabbed his bag and ran out of the schoolyard.

Hhm. Kudo, have fun. I wish you the best. I knew I could never win your heart over Mouri Ran. I hope you're happy now. Ai smiled as she turned and continued the walk to her classroom.

~to be continued~

So, how's that? I know this is all lame, but I'm trying to do my best. Hope you enjoy it. Anyways, everyone email me feedbacks so the next chapter will be better! ^_-