Chobits Fan Fiction ❯ Defective Imperfection ❯ Despair ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: HoLa! Since people seem sort of picky about Chobits fics, I thought I'd just tell you guys that I've read the entire series and this…is just fiction!! I'm not quite sure why I would be writing if it were exactly like the series, with CLAMP making money off it and all...
...and I know the title makes no sense. XD That's why I like it.
See?? Now I've saved you the trouble of flaming! Yae!!
Ummm...this will inevitably have sexual references (It IS Chobits) and probably swearing. Maybe violence. Not sure yet. Sooo I dunno if the rating will change to R later, but whatever. Nyah.
Despite all that…Happy reading! ^^
Summary: Chi hates being a persocom. Not only is she considered, "Just A Machine", but she is always treated differently than humans she sees. When Hideki starts to get..."friendly" with Yumi, Chi starts to worry. After an awkward situation, Hideki gets angry at Chi for ruining his love life. Devastated, Chi figures that if she is a human, Hideki will get over his anger and love her in return. She goes to Minoru, the wisest man she knows, and begs his assistance. Minoru, being the genius he is, discovers a way to make her human. The only problem is, she could die. Will Chi forget caution and go for it?
 

-Defective Imperfection-
Chapter One

Chi gazed longingly out the large window overlooking the bustling city. Glancing down at the book cradled in her lap, she sighed. Chi stroked the cover, her luminous amber eyes filling with tears. A City With No People:A Warm Heart. She touched a hand to the left side of her chest; where her heart was…or at least should be. She slowly opened the thin cover and began reading for the fourth time that gloomy afternoon…
“This city has no people...but the light burning in the homes is warm and bright. I am in a city with no people...but I am not sad or lonely. I am one of “them”, but I still feel warm inside.”
She choked back a sob, covering her face with her small hands. The book fell, closing on impact, back into her lap.
Upon hearing the noise, Sumomo gradually opened her wide, violet eyes and gasped at the sight of Chi, sitting in a lonely corner…sobbing.
“Miss Chi!” She cried in a worried tone as she hopped off her perch on the kitchen table. “What is the matter? Sumomo has never ever seen Miss Chi shed a tear!”
Chi lifted her lovely head from her hands and looked at Sumomo with an expression of pure anguish. She clutched at her heart again, and squeezed her eyes shut.
“Chi is cold here! Chi is not warm! Chi is …sad! The book said I should be happy!” She whimpered pitifully through her weeping.
Sumomo blinked. “…Sumomo has never seen Miss Chi sad before. Why are you sad?”
“Because…Chi-is-not-Hideki's-special-someone!R 21; She hiccupped. “Hideki has Yumi! He does not need Chi!”
“But…Sumomo thinks Master likes Chi!” She grinned winningly and did a little jig. “Master likes all of us!”
Chi only sobbed harder. “But Chi loves Hideki!!! Hideki does not love Chi!”
“Then let's exercise! Exercise helps everything!”
“…Chi does not want to exercise.”
“Come on! We'll start with the legs-“
“-No.”
Sumomo pouted a bit, before brightening up. “Why does not Miss Chi go to work? Make Master proud!”
“Chi does not feel like working.”
“…But if Miss Chi works, Master will be happy!”
Chi cocked her head cutely to the side and placed a finger to her lips. “Hideki will be…happy?”
“Yes! The utmost happiness he will experience!” The bouncy persocom hopped happily onto Chi's knees.
“Hideki will be happy…with Chi?”
“Yes!”
Chi abruptly leapt up, not bothering to retrieve a flailing Sumomo and the precious book that clattered to the floor. She pumped her fist into the air and smiled. “If it will make Hideki happy, Chi will go to work today!”
Sumomo moaned from the floor and mumbled, “That's nice, Miss Chi.” while sending her reproachful glances. Chi paid no heed and skipped cheerily to the door and opened it before turning and giggling. “Tell Hideki where I am should he come home!” She said, smiling.
And so she left, all traces of the despair she experienced only moments before, gone.

A/N: Wow. That was SO short. Sorry.
Since I'm not familiar with Anime Spiral, I'm not sure if anyone ever gets many reviews. XD But I'll be evil anyway, and proceed with the usual torture!
I already have chapter two written up (Which, might I add, is longer than chapter one…actually, I think entries in my journal are longer than chapter one @_@), as I post stories in many places, so therefore…! I'll post it when I get 7 reviews.
:CACKLE: Hearts, my darlings!
 
…And for those of you that can't be bothered with author's notes…(As I've discovered by things people say in reviews…=_=)
<b>I WILL POST CHAPTER TWO WHEN I RECEIVE SEVEN REVIEWS.</b>
XD No sooner! I'm horribly stubborn.