Code Geass Fan Fiction ❯ Behind Masquerade ❯ Kana Ilion , Transfered Student ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“Class, we have a new student,”
 
Their social studies teacher, Mrs. Lee, stood up front of the whole classroom with a new classmate. She wore a slightly different uniform than all the other girls wore. Instead of the usual Britannian uniforms: yellow jacket, black skirt, green tie and white socks, this new girl wore a black jacket, white tie, a long black skirt and white socks. But what's worse was that not only her clothing seemed different, there was something about her eyes too. Her irises were the color of a beautiful golden auburn. It reflected off of her smooth, black hair.
 
“Her name is Kana Ilion. She was just transferred her. I hope you make her feel like at home!”
 
She stood there, staring at the young adolescents around her. Well, technically, it was not really staring just not directing her focus to something. There was something amiss with her around. Kana looked behind her toward the teacher, or pointed her irises toward Mrs. Lee. She first did not understand what singles Kana was sending and soon realized it. She looked around found Suzaku, another new student but certainly not as new as Kana. She asked a student near the left corner to pass out the testes to the students. He followed and as soon as the tests were passed out, she called Suzaku up.
 
“Suzaku, please come here”
 
Lelouch seemed very surprised but we couldn't say that Suzaku wasn't. He seemed so shocked that at first, he hesitated to stand up he did it anyways. Mrs. Lee brought both students to her desk in the front right corner. Instead of Kana in front of the desk like Suzaku, she stood besides her as she began to sit. She folded her hands and made it overlap. She stared at Suzaku, thinking that he wasn't the right person but it seemed that she had no choice.
 
“Suzaku… I want you to help her to her new seat, which will be next to you”
 
You see, every desk seen had two seats, there would be two students seated there. Suzaku's seat was at the far back second from the left. He seemed confused and was about ready to ask back why. Mrs. Lee looked up with her serious gaze.
 
“Kana may not look like it, but she is really blind,”
 
Mrs. Lee whispered it so low, Suzaku thought that he didn't hear it but it was just that it didn't register quickly enough. When it did, he couldn't believe it. His gaze went from teacher to Kana. She seemed like she was staring at the students in front taking the test but she was just really pretending to stare, or to look for a matter of fact. It felt so tragic to see a person that looks like she can see but at last cannot. Suzaku felt it and nodded to `care' for Kana. He took her hand and led her to her new seat.
 
Lelouch, after finish with his test, took it up front and handed to the teacher. He turned around and saw Suzaku holding onto Kana's arm and gently seating her next to him. Lelouch found it strange to see his friend finally like a girl.
 
`I wonder what's going on between them.'