Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ Brother of the CORPSE BRIDE. ❯ Dreams can come true, if you make them ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
 
Two weeks later…
 
Only three weeks left until my time was up, and I still hadn't found my magic harp.
 
But as the time went by, I didn't really seem to care as much about it. For Victoria and I were enjoying each others company at the lessons.
 
Every midnight we would gather at my piano in the park. Yes that's right, the piano was the city's reward to me for saving the bank weeks ago.
 
However; every Tuesday's lesson was at 11:00pm, because at midnight my gum's magic would wear off, and I would change back.
 
Victoria kept wondering why I would just run off into the woods like that as if I'd seen death.
 
I didn't see death, but she would've.
 
Still over the weeks Victoria got so much better at playing the piano. First she jus played ordinary nursery-rhyme tunes.
 
After a bit improvement, she began playing ordinary songs, and now she was just finishing the Beethoven Fur Elise concerto.
 
She played the last notes, and I handed her a single rose I had gown in my cabin as a well done sign.
 
“Very-good, Victoria.” I said “I don't think I myself could've done better.”
 
Victoria curtseyed, “It's all thanks to you that I can play so well now.” she said to me.
 
“It's not really all that Victoria.” I said, “you've always wanted to be a pianist, am I right?”
 
Victoria nodded and said, “It was my one true dream until my parents stopped me.”
 
“Well that's not how you make a dream come true.” I said, “Victoria, if you have a dream you have to do something about it.”
 
“What do you mean by that?” she asked, “Well… make a plan, and tell somebody… get some help…” I said.
 
“Just do something about it, and your dream can come true. Here I'll explain it more in a song I know.”
 
I sat down beside Victoria at the Piano, and began playing, and she focused all her attention as I sang.
 
“Now listen to me…” I said. “This is a song about dreams, and how they can come true.”
 
* * *
 
[Mykan]
 
-There was a little fruit-tree
With a juicy plumb on top
A hungry Fox sat dreaming
Hoping it would drop.
 
A Little Blue bird snatched the plumb
And carried it away
And as she passed the lazy Fox
The bird was heard to say.
 
(You should've climbed the tree!)
 
* * *
 
Victoria giggled, and I switched the piano so it would continue playing the song on its own.
 
Then I stood up, and danced a little as I sung.
 
* * *
 
-If you've got a dream
Do Something!
It's not enough to dream
Do Something!
 
You can make it happen
It all depends on you
Doing is what makes a dream come true.
 
* * *
 
“Now I understand.” said Victoria, “Very-good, ready for another verse?” I asked.
 
She nodded.
 
* * *
 
-A knight in shining Armour
Sir- Saguaro Depressed
Dreamt that one day he would
Save a Damsel in Distress.
 
But when a woman yelled out “HELP”
A Damsel named Claries.
He was so busy dreaming
She was saved by the police.
 
And as the lovely lady walked away
He awakened from his dream to hear her say…
 
(Where were you?)
 
* * *
 
Victoria giggled again.
 
* * *
 
-If you've got a dream
Do Something!
It's not enough to dream
Do Something!
 
I'd still be in that tower
If it was up to you
Doing is what makes a dream come true.
 
-If you dream of Dancing
(“DANCE”, “DANCE”)
 
If you dream of Flying
(“FLY”, “FLY”)
 
If you dream of Singing
(SING”, “SING”)
 
If it's your dream
Then you have to try.
 
* * *
 
I sat back down with Victoria and stared at her for the next verse.
 
* * *
 
-There is a pretty lady
Victoria is her name
Dreams of being a pianist
And winning at its game
 
Her parents won't allow it
She didn't know what to do
Until her teacher Mykan said
“My advice to you”
 
(Is… GO FOR IT)
 
* * *
 
Victoria hopped off the seat with me, and joined me in my dancing.
 
* * *
 
-If you've got a dream
Do Something!
It's not enough to dream
Do Something!
 
You can make it happen
It all depends on you
Doing is what makes a dream come true.
 
(Sing it)
 
[Both]
 
-If you've got a dream
Do Something!
It's not enough to dream
Do Something!
 
You can make it happen
It all depends on you
Doing is what makes a dream come true.
 
* * *
 
I smiled at her, and almost seemed to be gazing into her eyes. “Mykan?” she asked me.
 
“Next week, there's a Christmas ball being held at the town-hall, and I…was…I… was.” She stuttered.
 
“It's all right Victoria… just tell me.” I said.
 
Victoria took in a deep breath; “Would you be my escort?” she quickly said and braced herself for rejection.
 
Was I hearing things, did Victoria just ask me to be her escort to a ball? Well I knew I wasn't asleep, and saw she needed an answer.
 
“I'd love to go.”
 
Victoria looked up at me with a widened eye expression which turned into a smile.
 
“Thank you Mykan.” She said, “I know we'll have a lovely time next Tuesday night.” She said.
 
Tuesday… Christmas was Tuesday, and the ball was at night…Uh-oh… this was not good at all.
 
What was even worse was Big Ben already striking midnight. I quickly wrapped things up with Victoria, and hurried off to the woods.
 
* * *
 
That was far too close, she almost saw me transform back into my Corpse forum.
 
I checked an old calendar I had found on the street, and sure enough Christmas was indeed on a Tuesday.
 
This was very bad news for me, Victoria doesn't know who I really am, and I just agreed to be her escort to the ball.
 
Obliviously, the ball would be held at night, but at how late at night? I had make sure I would leave by midnight before I change back.
 
Also I seemed to be running a little low on my magic gum balls. There was only three left.
 
All I had left was the blue-one, the violet-one and the black-one.
 
Elder Gutknetch warned me of another side effect of the black gum. He never had tested it before; and didn't what it was supposed to do.
 
If I was to use the black one, I must use it wisely.
 
That was the least of my problems, I still didn't have the harp, I was going to a ball on risky circumstances, and I was almost out of my actual time up here.
 
What was I going to do?