Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ Brother of the CORPSE BRIDE. ❯ Christmas Dreams come true ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
 
 
One week had passed, and it was Christmas day at last. The snow had settled down. Joyous youth-time was everywhere.
 
What a time to be alive, or in my case, a time to be here, which wasn't going to be for too much longer now.
 
Only less than a week remained before my time would expire, and I would have to go back down below.
 
I no longer worried about the magic harp, as long it was in one piece wherever it was, that was okay by me.
 
Right now it was 6:45pm, and almost time for the Christmas ball to begin in the town-hall.
 
I couldn't very well meet Victoria t the ball dressed in my normal outfit, even if it was still in one piece, and I didn't really have to…
 
Over m out-fit, I was wearing a pure-dark Tuxedo, which was my reward from the dress maker himself.
 
Free of charge, and mine to keep, and my cape actually made the ensemble look more complete.
 
I had eve constructed a wooden cane out of some old wood in my cabin, which really made me look like a Real gentlemen.
 
The only thing that was troubling me was I had only two magic gumballs left the violet, and the black.
 
By midnight tonight I had to make sure I leave the ball before anyone sees me for what I really am.
 
So this time, I took the gum packet with me and headed for the ball.
 
* * *
 
The ball was absolutely fabulous. Crystal chandeliers were hung from the ceiling. Christmas trees and decorations were everywhere.
 
To make it best, there were a lot of famous people dressed some of the finest cloths that inspired me to want to make more gowns.
 
However, as Victoria and I had planned, I was to wait outside on the balcony for her, when the time was right.
 
What relieved me was I saw her before ducking out of sight, and what a sight for sore-eyes she was too.
 
Dressed in a pure-white gown which flowed around her loosely, half her short hair was piled up high and the rest stood out in front.
 
My heart would have been throbbing for joy…That is of course, if I still had one.
 
She did see me, and winked at me as well, meaning we were still attempting our plan later on.
 
* * *
 
As the ball went on, and the people danced, one fat woman accidentally bumped into me and my gum packet fell out of my pocket.
 
I had retrieved, but when I looked inside, the violet one was missing! I had to find it and fast.
 
Suddenly, I spot it, in the hands of a young street-boy; he was raising it to his lips…
 
“NO!!!” I shouted, “Give me that, you ungrateful little worm!” but the boy just snapped at me, “Mine…Gum!”
 
“Mine…Magic!” I snapped back. The little boy just stuck his tongue out at me.
 
I looked around to make sure no one was looking, and quickly spit the gum in my mouth into my hand.
 
I pulled my cape over my face, and pulled away revealing my corpse face frightening the boy away.
 
I quickly popped the gumball back into the packet, and popped the chewed gum back into my mouth.
 
As soon as I had changed back, I walked back to the ball, but didn't hear any music playing.
 
I asked what was going on, and was told that the string playing musicians were off on their break, and the pianist was running late.
 
There was no left to play the next song which was supposed to be a slow one to dance passionately to.
 
I saw this as perfect moment, and she wasn't too far away from me either.
 
I took Victoria by the arm, and we ducked behind a plant, and said to her, “What are you waiting for? Go up there!”
 
Victoria was almost at a loss for words, “But…but I can't go up there! Not in front of all these people!” she cried.
 
“Victoria, Look at me and pay attention!” I said, “Do you why I started teaching you how to play the piano?”
 
Victoria shook her head.
 
“It's because this is your dream! You told me that you've always wanted to be a fine pianist, well now's your chance…”
“Take it, and Take it now. Otherwise, you'll be making the biggest mistake of your life.”
 
Victoria hesitated, and then placed her hand in mine. “I'll do it.” She cried, “For us.” I smiled at her and then we snuck behind the podium.
 
* * *
 
I stood on the stage proud and tall signaling for everyone's attention. “If May Have Your Attention, Please!!” I called out.
 
Everyone quieted down, and one man asked, “And just who are you?”
 
“You don't me my good sir, none of you really do.” I said, “But I will let you know that I am indeed a very fine pianist.”
 
“I am also considered to be an excellent piano tutor, and I have with me tonight, a very fine student of mine, who has become just as good as I am.”
 
“It had been her life long dream to play the piano for others, and she has her chance.”
 
“Ladies and Gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to present to you, Miss. Victoria Everglot!”
 
The crowd applauded as Victoria gracefully stepped onto the podium, and curtseyed to the crowd.
 
She sat herself down at the piano, and softly began to play the concert dedicated to all the birds.
 
The towns-folk thought she was playing absolutely beautifully, and began dancing with their partners to the soft music.
 
Victoria's playing brought tears to my eyes, I had taught her well, and I could not fight it anymore.
 
 
It was final… I was indeed in Love with Victoria, and by the way she was smiling at me, I thought she'd loved me as well.
 
I would however, need more proof than just a smile, for I did not want to take advantage of her.
 
* * *
 
About half-way through the song, the other pianist came back, and offered to take over for her.
 
Victoria wasn't so sure, but then she looked onward through the dancing couples, and saw me standing out on the balcony.
 
She agreed, and with the touch of a single note, she switched places with the other pianist without messing up the tune, and walked over to the balcony.
 
She walked up to me, and placed her hand over my shoulder, “May I?” she asked while smiling at me.
 
I smiled back and said, “You may!”
 
I gently held one of my hands to hers, and placed my other over her hip, and we slowly began to dance.
 
* * *
 
We danced, and danced all the way into the garden right under an arch. “You're so graceful on your feet.” I said to her.
 
“I fell the same about you too.” She replied, “But we should watch where dancing.”
 
“And why must we?” I asked, “Well: for one thing, you're under the mistletoe.” She said looking up.
 
I looked above my head, she was right! “You know what that means don't you?” she asked.
 
I shook my head. Of all the Christmas' I had when I was alive, I have heard of the mistletoe, but not what it means.
 
Victoria moved up and whispered into my ear. “You're supposed to kiss me!”
 
I began to blush. “Did she just ask me to kiss her?” I thought, and then Victoria closed her eyes, and said playfully. “I'm waiting!”
 
I was wrong. She didn't really ask me to kiss her; she wanted me to kiss her.
 
I hesitated, but then remembered that this is whole reason I came up here for a month, to find someone.
 
Besides, I hadn't I said earlier “This is your dream… Take it!” I decided to take my own advice.
 
I closed my eyes, leant forward gently, and pressed my cold lips against hers.
 
And she didn't even mind it this time.