Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ The Revenge of Lord Barkis ❯ The End of Lord Barkis ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
Hi, Mykan again…
 
Just the heads up… Writing a sequel is much more difficult than writing a first story. So if things may start to get a little out of hand, it's all because I have little to work with.
 
Who knows… maybe it won't be so bad at all.
 
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
 
 
Victor could almost actually feel the mixture of sadness and anger running through his body. His wife, Mykan, and Victoria… all of them; Gone!
 
“Ha, ha, ha! Three down, and now only one remains.” chuckled Barkis. He began pacing himself towards the downed corpse, playfully tossing his reliquary up and catching it. “And now, the final ordeal!”
 
Victor knew Barkis was coming right at him. He shut his eyes tightly and gritted his teeth as the three images of myself, Victoria, and Emil passed by in his mind. “My friends… With all my might, I will avenge you all!” he said to himself.
 
Barkis readied his reliquary with a huge blast. “This is where we say goodbye!” he swung down his arm but before he could fire the shot--
 
Victor took off in a hot tempered rage and thrust a huge punch right into Barkis' stomach sending him backwards off his feet and his reliquary went flying.
 
Barkis got up unable to believe Victor had just done that.
 
“Lord Barkis…!” Victor snarled. “You have brought nothing but great horror and fear to all those not like you. I cannot and will not allow you to continue on this path!”
 
Barkis stood and brushed the dirt off his suit. “Allow me?!” he snarled. “You dare put yourself against the most powerful being on earth!”
 
Victor just put his foot down. “I wouldn't care if you were the most powerful in the universe.” He said angrily. “That's no excuse for all the horrible things you've done.”
 
Barkis just fired another shot from his hands. “I've done it before and I will do it for years to come… ONCE I AM THROUGH WITH YOU!!!”
 
He fired another shot directly for Victor's reliquary, but Victor grabbed it just in time, and the shot missed it entirely. “Got to be quick if you want to catch me.” Victor chortled and he kept right on running.
 
From up in the castle
 
Barrack had freed all the prisoners and told them of everything. Including having to explain to Nell and William about their Son.
 
Nell was horrified to learn about Victor. That he was dead… married to dead woman, and he was the one out there fighting Lord Barkis. The only thing at risk, was Victor could get permanently destroyed forever.
 
“Oh… I--I feel faint.” cried Nell, and she fainted with a huge splat on the floor. After she came too, it became clear that they had to help Victor somehow.
 
True he was being a little braver now, Nell never though he had it in him, but the way the battle was going there was no way he could triumph alone.
 
But what could they all do. Barkis was so powerful, “Why he'd just crush us all like peeled grapes washed in water.” Said William.
 
Barrack's head suddenly perked up. “Water?” he asked to himself. Then he suddenly had it. “Water, of course. That's it.”
 
“What's it?” asked a Rich man in the dungeon.
 
“No time to explain.” Replied Barrack. He cut open the cells and freed the prisoners. “Come everyone… this is going to take team work.”
 
Back outside
 
Victor had been dodging the blows for a while now. “Stand still you little pest!” shouted Barkis as he fired again. The blast merely gave Victor a burn on his coat, but no damage whatsoever.
 
“Missed again!” Victor called. “What's wrong Lord Barkis, afraid you'll kill what already has been killed.”
 
“I'll make you wish you hadn't mocked me!” Barkis yelled as he armed another shot ready, but before he could fire it Scraps leapt out from behind a bush so suddenly.
 
He barked angrily as he head butted Barkis right in the gut, and sent him flying backwards into a Water trough by the walls. “Good boy Scraps… Good Boy!”
 
“Water!” Barkis said. “I'm crusting… I can't do anything now!”
 
It didn't matter if he had skin or not. When a corpse, deformed corpse or skeleton got all wet and soaked… it would make them really grow weary.
 
“Well… it looks like we found his weakness, we did.” Said Barrack. “Right then… tip it over chaps!” he called.
 
The others nodded, and tipped over several more buckets down from the windows and into the trough… right on Barkis' head.
 
“GAHH… No… Not more!” he squealed. “I'm… getting… weak!”
 
As Barkis crawled out from the tub, he started up at Victor who was smiling wickedly. “Look at what else Scraps had found.” He said as he grapes the Green Reliquary Scraps recovered.
 
“Ah… Oh, No!”
 
Victor dropped it on the ground by his foot. “THIS… is for Emily!” he shouted as he stomped on the glass causing it to crack.
 
“GIVE IT BACK!!” growled Barkis as he tried to reach for his reliquary.
 
“THIS… is for my family, and friends!” replied Victor, and he stomped on the glass again. The reliquary was glowing madly and lights were shoot out from it. Just one more stomp…
 
“NO!! I SWEAR… I'LL TEAR YOU TO PIECES!!” shouted Barkis, but he still could not reach for it.
 
Victor cast a look dead in his eyes. “And THIS… this is for YOU!!” he growled. “This is where we say… GOOD-BYE!!!”
 
He raised his foot as high as it would go and shoved it down with full force onto the glass. The reliquary glowed more violently than before and finally… IT IMPLODED!!
 
“NO!!!” cried Barkis as he and Victor were thrown back by the blast. The island began quaking as Barkis looked up. “What-- AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”
 
There n the sky… all the smoke demons began flying round and round as a mysterious vortex appeared in the sky, and conjured up a huge burst of energy.
 
“EVERYONE… GET DOWN!!!” cried Victor. Everyone ran for the nearest cover and hid out of sight.
 
BOOM!! the Energy fired from the vortex and slammed right into Barkis' body. He screamed and yelped in pain as all his flesh disintegrated in the flames he was consumed by.
 
His skeleton then shook and quivered as it vaporized into a pile of dust and blown away into the wind… He was gone!