Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Old memories seldom fade... ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Boys! Bed!" Meryl said from across the living room. Three boys, one fourteen (Raphael), one sixteen (Alex), and the other nineteen (Delano) looked up from the TV.

"Now? But Inuyasha is about to come on!" Alex wined. Meryl cocked an eyebrow.

"Like some cheese with that wine young man?" Meryl commented. Alex frowned and turned his attention at the TV again. The guy next to him, Delano, got up and stretched.

"Alright, I'm going to bed," he yawned. Meryl smiled and landed a hug on him. "Uhg- Aunt Meryl?" he breathed as she tightened her hug. Delano was the same height as Nicholas, so Meryl had to look up.

"I wish my sons were like you Delano!" she said as she let go of Delano and stared at her sons: Alex and Raphael.

"Right, right. Night," Delano said with a weak smile. He put his hands into his pockets and walked to his bedroom. Meryl put her hands on her hips.

"Boys?" she snapped. They stayed put.

Soon the collars of their shirts were pulled up along with them.

"HEY?!" Raphael yelled as they both kicked. They were separated and Vash's head poked between them.

"Alrighty then! Let's get some sleep," Vash chirped. Both of the boys groaned as their mother kissed them and was carried off by their father. Milly walked by and stopped in the living room.

"Good night Mrs. Meryl!" she yawned. Nick was beside her and led her to their room for bed.

"Night Milly," Meryl said with a sigh. She turned of the TV and just stood there.

Three more weeks and its Aerith's birthday…

"Hi ya Meryl!" Meryl jumped. She spun around to see Vash standing over her.

"Oh, don't doo that!" Meryl snapped playfully. Vash kissed her and picked her up.

"To bed we shall go!" Vash said in his goofy voice. Meryl flicked the lights off and was carried away.

Upstairs, Delano sat on the windowsill of his room. He was shirtless and just wore blue jeans. He thought of how the people he knew have grown so much.

Himself, Delano has grown to be a spitting image of his father Legato Bluesummer. Navy blue hair and gold eyes. His voice even sounded like Legato. When he turns twenty-eight, he will look exactly like his father. He missed his parents…both Aerith and Legato. Even though he only knew them when he was an infant, he still remembers.

Now the two boys he knows, Alex and Raphael, are something different. Alex got his looks from his dad; blond spiked hair and green eyes. Raphael has his mother's looks; black hair and gray eyes. Weird.

As Delano thought his mind away, he spotted someone walking between the church orphanage and the house. It looked like a woman but he paid no mind to it.

The person below was indeed a woman, a young woman. She ran out to the open and behind a cliff. She tried to catch her breath but she froze when footsteps came from behind. Pulling out a gun, she aimed behind her.

"Still aiming at me? You shouldn't be so naïve," a male's voice said to her. The girl reluctantly put down her gun.

"Shut up. I got what you wanted okay? They should be walking by next month," the woman said. The man slapped her and laughed.

"Very good. I'll se to it that you live the longest my dear," the man said as he turned on his heel. The woman aimed her gun again.

"Go the other way! Don't go near that family!" she yelled. The man turned and gave her a cold glare. The woman fell to her feet.

~next morning~

"Delano? Yoh! Time to wake up!"

Delano woke in his bed and sat up. He ruffled his hair and yawned loud enough to the person outside the door.

"Okay Lucia. I'm up," he said as he swung his feet over the side of the bed. He heard the girl named Lucia bang on Alex's door, waking him up. He chuckled.

Getting up, he dressed, combed his hair and brushed his teeth. He then left for breakfast.

Down stairs, Delano could smell coffee and pancakes in the kitchen. He walked in and spotted Vash and Meryl at the table.

"Morning D.," Vash said with a smile. Delano waved lazily with a smile and sat down in the nearest chair. The girl Lucia came from behind the counter and smiled at Delano.

"Whatcha going to have? Pancakes? Waffles? Cereal?" she asked. Delano thought for a moment.

"Uh, banana pancakes?"

"Coffee too?"

"Nah,"

"Okay!" Lucia chirped. She went to making his food.

Lucia D'Ascanio was a worker for Nicholas. She was Meryl's height and had short brown hair and brown eyes. Two bangs in front of her face fell to the middle of her neck, which gave her a rebellion look for a fifteen-year-old. Lucia had a younger sister, Bianca, who was just a year younger.

"Check it!" Lucia said as she spun banana pancakes on a plate with one finger. As the plate spun, she poured honey on it. Keeping her balance, she walked over to Delano and gave him his breakfast. Vash clapped.

"Very good, but could you hold that for more than a minute?" he asked. Lucia shrugged and went back to breakfast making.

~late noon~

After a long day of taking care of 400 or more so children at the orphanage, Lucia plopped down on the couch in the living room. Nicholas walked in and smiled at Lucia.

"Well I'll be darned, you're finished already?" he asked. Lucia nodded and looked at the clock.

"Guess I'll go then," she said as she stood up. Nicholas was taken aback. Usually Lucia would stay and hang around with the boys.

Lucia left and went to a little cottage just a ways down from the house. She opened the door and went inside and locked it. Her cottage wasn't much: a bed, couch, TV, and a mini fridge. She sighed as she stared at a blank wall. Holding out her hand, as if to a keybord, she moved her fingers and it seemed to type in something. Next thing she knew, she was in a cellar type place with computers and two gigantic tubes filled with water lay against the wall.

"Time to wake up," Lucia whispered. She flipped a switch and lights in the tubes came on. Inside the tubes were a man and woman. She approached the man and tapped the glass as if waiting for him to move. He was in a skin-tight black suit. Tubes of all sorts were connected to him and one even went down his throat. The woman had the same thing.

She sighed loudly.

"Don't be a pain-in-the-ass! I know you're alive and can hear me perfectly!" she yelled at the man, banging on the glass. No response.

"Stubborn bastard," she mumbled as she went and sat down at the computer.

"Stubborn bastard? Now really, is that anyway to talk?" a voice nagged at the back of her head. Lucia spun around with a smirk on her face. Her eyes met a pair of amber eyes.

"He speaks!" she said sarcastically. A small box appeared with the man's health records beside his tube. Lucia read it over and spoke to him.

"Alrighty, heart rate seems normal, breathing needs a while more, and you still have your strength. Impressive," she said to him. Another box came up, only beside the woman. She read it over.

"Same here, but she's weak. Damn,"