Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Death is Not the End ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author's Note:

Obligatory copyright notice, Cowboy Bebop isn't mine, I'm not nearly _that_ talented. I'm just borrowing the characters for a minute. The song "Death is not the End" doesn't belong to me either, it belongs to Bob Dylan, but when I saw the title this story jumped out and throtled me so I had to write it.



Death is not the End
LH-chan 2002


Don't look at me like that. You knew this was coming. From the moment you spoke Julia's name, you knew where this would lead. You knew it would lead me back to Vicious.

Don't stand in my way so desperately. I have to go. You couldn't possibly understand what happened between us.

The look in your eyes. Maybe you could....

Eyes, I tell you something about my eyes...something in a part of my past I feel suddenly detached from. It catches you off guard and I brush past you.

The pistol's loud report...the falling dust from the ceiling...recalls my senses. I catch your eyes one more time.

Are you afraid for me? Do you think I'll die out there tonight?

You don't need to worry. I'm already dead. My soul is just drifting, dreaming, waiting for the right new life to wake up in. If I don't find it tonight, I'll be back tomorrow morning.

If I do, I'll be waiting for your soul in the real world.


...........


Life is but a Dream...