Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi Trail: Shin Heart ❯ Vol. One, Chapter Eight: Old Friend ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Old Friend
Sakura's shin heart wasn't the only thing being on the verge of activating. In the depths of Hell, KuroSakura was sleeping in her bed when she felt a heavy thud in her chest. She tried to ignore it, but the thud kept coming back stronger and harder each time. The oni-chi was forced sitting up awake in bed. She gasped hard for air. She seemed so pale all over. The oni-chi wanted to scream out, but her voice was trapped in her throat. This could only mean one thing. She snapped her eyes open at that thought.
The dip-fairy's shin heart is developing!” she thought. That was not good for her. Her meek heart, the counter part of the shin heart, was developing itself piece by piece. She had to move quickly to kill the tenshi-chi to prevent this from coming to pass. A wicked smile came across KuroSakura's face.
“Oh yes!” she said aloud. “Pay back is here!” KuroSakura leapt right out bed and flew over to the dark springs. She stripped down and dove into the water. She emerged out feeling like a new demon. The oni-chi summoned the dark flames to consume her body to dress her. When she emerged from that, a brand new kantana was in her sweet corrupt hands. The mission was back again. It was time to kill Sakura and Spike again.
Meanwhile, Faye was doing some plotting of her own. She had a card of a tree in her hands and was showing it to Sakura.
“Okay Sakura,” she said. “What is this?” The tenshi-chi stared at the card for a long time. Faye waited patiently. Sakura's lips trembled nervously
“A tree!” she called.
“No,” her idol replied. Then she out another card. This was one of a fish.
“What is this?” Faye asked. Sakura stared at with lips trembling.
“A fish!” she blurted out.
“No,” the bounty huntress replied. She drew out a card of a camel.
“What is this?” she asked. Sakura's lips trembled again as she stared at the card.
“A camel!” the tenshi-chi called. Faye sighed and rolled her eyes.
“Come on Sakura,” she said. “If you want to survive in this world, you have to try and lie.” The tenshi-chi trembled all over.
“But I can't!” she called. “I'm a tenshi-chi! We were created not to lie.” Faye sighed aloud again.
“This is why you have to learn how to lie!” she said. Sakura looked at her uneasily. Faye noticed her face.
“Now what's the matter?” she questioned.
“Does Spike think this is a good idea?” Sakura asked. Faye smiled at her kindly. She leaned in close to her little project. The tenshi-chi did likewise.
“There are some things Spike does not have to know,” her idol whispered. Sakura looked surprised at that one.
“Really?” she asked.
“Yeah,” Faye said nodding in fake innocence. Sakura thought about that for a moment. Then, a smile came onto her face.
“Okay!” the tenshi-chi replied. Faye smiled at her proudly. There would be work, but hey! It was all worth it in the end after all, right? Faye pulled out the tree card again.
“Now, what is this?” she asked. Sakura's lips trembled again.
“A… a… a…” she began to say. Faye waited in anticipation. “Come on!” she thought. “Lie to me, Sakura! I know you can do it!” The tenshi-chi's lips trembled again.
“A tree!” she called out. Faye sighed aloud.
“Oh boy,” she mumbled to herself. “This will take a while!” But yet, it would all be worth it in the end. Or at least that was what Faye hoped for.
Meanwhile, Spike was just coming back to the Bebop. He had just got his reward from catching a pedophilic murderer on Mars. That turned out to be such a hefty pay. 1,000,000,000 wolongs for a baby killer. Sweet Jesus! Maybe he should go after baby killers more often. Anyway, Spike put the money in and set aside a portion into Sakura's bank account. He had to give his lover some money in case something happened to him. Independence would have to come later. But right now, Sakura wasn't ready to grow up yet. She still needed the skills to survive. The man hated to admit it, but her spending some time with Faye would do her some good. She just needed some moderations…
However, that plan would just have to wait. For Spike was about to meet an “old friend.” The bounty hunter had just made it straight to the ship when who to his wandering eyes did he see? KuroSakura was sitting on an old stack crates near the Bebop. She was armed with her kantana and smirked at him coldly.
“Hello Spike-kun!” she said in a cold and ironic way. The cowboy rolled his eyes at her. Why was he not surprised?
“You again?” he asked. KuroSakura smirked at him again. She stood up straight to her feet. The oni-chi pulled up the sword ready for battle.
“Sorry,” she said sarcastically. “But I have a job to finish!” Spike smirked back at her. He drew out his loaded gun as a reply.
“I know,” he replied. “But I can't let you do that.”
“Oh really?” KuroSakura challenged him.
“That's right,” Spike answered her.
“We'll see about that!” the oni-chi challenged. The duel began right away. Spike fired the first shots. The oni-chi deflected the bullets with her sword. She took a swing at him, but the cowboy dodged the blade just in time. He hit her right in the stomach. KuroSakura sailed backwards towards the ocean. Spike raced over to her. The oni-chi shot back up from the water and sailed forward to him. The cowboy kicked her in the stomach again. KuroSakura sailed back at first, but then she flew back again to attack. Spike countered against her right away. The fight went on until KuroSakura sat back tired and almost out of strength. She was panting fiercely. Spike looked over at her.
“You had enough?” he asked her boldly. “Or are you stupid enough to come for more?” KuroSakura glared at him crossly. She refused to lose to Amadeus' reincarnation. But yet, she didn't have much strength left to fight back. The oni-chi was stuck at the moment. However, an idea came right into her head. She snickered to herself wickedly. Spike caught that and looked on in suspicion.
“What the Hell is so damn funny, you crazy bitch?!?” he yelled out. “Can't you see that fighting like this anymore is pointless?!? You're just being a pest now!” KuroSakura looked up at him with pride.
“Oh,” she replied. “It's not over yet! I just remembered that I have friends that I haven't reached yet. So, this is far well for now!” Then, the oni-chi sank into the ground back to Hell. Spike stared on confused at her words. Something told him this wasn't over by a long shot. In the mean time, he would be ready for her when the next battle came.
Meanwhile, KuroSakura found herself at Vicious' door. She swallowed her pride and knocked on the door.
See You in Space, Oni