Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi Trail: Shin Heart ❯ Vol. Three, Chapter Thirty-Two: Muse ( Chapter 32 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Muse
Sakura rose to her feet.
“It is nice to see you again,” she said. Spike looked between the two women.
“Uh… who’s this?” he asked.
“She’s maid of my mother’s,” Sakura replied. The woman looked over at Spike.
“It is good to see you again my lord,” she said.
“Right…” the cowboy said. Sakura shook her head at the woman.
“Who are you?” Spike asked. The woman pressed her hands together.
“Do forgive me,” she said. “I am called Pancha.” Small sparks rose their heads in Spike’s head. Sounded vaguely familiar. Yet, he couldn’t exactly trace where.
“And what do you want?” he asked.
“Come with me,” Pancha said. “I will explain everything.” Spike opened his mouth to speak when a beach ball landed in the space between them. Cherry jogged over to them, soaking wet.
“Hey! Could you throw that ba…” she began to ask. The cupid-in-training paused when she saw Pancha.
“Oh…” she said. “And who is this?”
“Apparently, a friend of Sakura’s,” Spike replied. Cherry blinked at Pancha’s long sea green heart.
“Okay…” she mumbled. Spike turned back to the woman.
“Look,” he said. “Just spit it out already! If you have something to say, than say it already!” The woman’s face didn’t change.
“Very well,” she said. “I have information about Sakura’s shin heart.” All three of them looked up with stunned eyes.
“What?!?” they asked. Spike sat up on the towel.
“What about it?” he asked.
“You can say it is her fail safe,” Pancha said.
“Fail safe?” Sakura asked.
“That’s right,” the woman said. “I can’t fully explain it to you, but there is someone that can do a better than I.”
“Who?” Spike asked.
“You will need to come with me,” Pancha said. She held out her hand and closed her eyes. In flash, a soft, hazy light swallowed them up. Spike looked around. He had become used to this by now, but still…
Pancha stood before them in her robes. The red sash drew attention to her waist. She gave them a quick bow.
“My mistress will see you now,” she said. Spike just looked at her with no emotion on his face.
“Right…” he mumbled. Sakura reached out for his hand. He grabbed on just to humor her. Pancha looked behind her when she heard the footsteps. She turned her body completely to see Kaze-san standing before her. The maid bowed to her.
“My lady,” she said. Shock washed over Sakura’s face.
“Mother?” she asked. The deceased angel walked over to her.
“My child,” she said as she took Sakura’s face into her hands. “You still have a long way with your development.”
“What do you mean?” the tenshi-chi asked. Kaze-san didn’t answer and turned her attention to Spike. The cowboy only gave her an apathetic way. The ghost bowed her head at him.
“There isn’t much time,” she said. “So I will be brief with you. Sakura’s shin heart is like a time bomb.”
“I know that!” Spike cut in. “I’ve been told this many times.”
“Well do you know that Hell is aiming to awaken the shin heart?” Kaze-san asked. The couple stared at her on that question.
“Say what?” Spike asked. “Now why would they want to do that?” Kaze-san shook her head.
“We do not know at this time,” Pancha replied. Sakura turned to Spike with a worried look in her eye. Spike finished up his cigarette and threw the butt to the ground.
“Damn,” he mumbled.
Meanwhile, Hell’s new catalyst had just woken up.
Watch Out, Cowboy and Angel