Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Uncalled For ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
[Disclaimer and Author's Notes| This fic is made by a fan, for fans. No profit is being made from this, so please don't hurt me, physically, mentally, financially, etc., because it was all in fun.

10.15.2| Wrote this a while back to get back into writing in general. It works. ^_^]


Uncalled For
By Tyrne J


"Hey, Spike!" Jet's voice echoed throughout the corridors of the Bebop, pausing a moment, then continuing. "SPIKE! GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE!"

"Mmmph," The man in question gave a half-hearted glance in Jet's direction, glaring a little at the scratched and dirty bulkhead preventing his partner from feeling the force of the "Spike Spiegel Squint of Annoyance", patent pending. "What is it, Jet?"

"Just get over here!"

Grumbling, Spike unplugged the teapot and carried it with him as he trekked to the back of the Bebop, using a pair of chopsticks to drag out a curtain of noodles for him to munch on while Jet blathered on about... whatever he was going to blather about. He passed Ein, who immediately took interest in the dragging plug end and followed him back.

"Hey, Jet," Spike called out, shoving noodles in his mouth as he entered the bay. "What's - " And here he paused, noodles still hanging out of his mouth as he stared at the sight before him.

"Isn't it great?" Jet waved from the back of the bay, near the large docking gates, beaming proudly.

"Eh..."

Standing before Spike, in all its luster and fully-armed glory - not to mention taking Spike's favorite parking space - was a rather large, rather shiny, still-yet-to-be-tested -

- robot mecha.

Jet nearly preened. "Built it myself, while you guys were out chasing down that dead guy. It's a suit; you can pilot it from the inside. And I packed all the latest sensor and guidance systems I could find into this baby. Whaddaya think?" He turned his back and continued to admire his piece of handiwork. *It took him a long time to reform all the junk pieces they picked up in travelling.*

Spike was not amused. "Oi, Jet."

"Hrm?" The ship's owner didn't notice the "Spike Spiegel Squint of Annoyance," nor did he feel the impending "Spike Spiegel Glare of Death, Kung Fu Version" that was building with each second.

*Slurp.* Of course, the green-haired bounty hunter had to finish his noodles for it to work fully. "Just one question..."

"I can show you around, if you like."

"That's not it."

"Hrm?"

Finished eating, Spike tossed the cup into the nearest open receptacle (a worn-down cardboard box). "Just one thing..."

"JUST WHERE THE HELL DID YOU PUT MY SHIP?!"

"... Don't worry, it's safe..."

"Hey, guys, what's with all the racket, I was trying to... uhhhhh..."

"Why didn't you use Faye's spot?!"

"It's great, isn't it, Faye?"

"It's... pink."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Oi! Stop ignoring me!"

"Ed's not ignoring Spike. Edward knows where the Swordfish is!"

"Woof."

And so, the relatively-legendary ship Bebop sailed on through space, to face new adventures, meet old and new enemies and friends, with two separate ships, a giant pink mecha suit -

- and a red Swordfish tethered to its rear.

End