Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ What It Means To Trust You ❯ That Good Chinese Food ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hallo again! Miss me? Heh. Sorry for the lack of updates... I just could not concentrate on writing! Maybe once I get back to school I'll get more out. Then I'll be writing instead of doing my homework haha. Gomen again! And thank you for all your kind reviews! If it weren't for them I probably wouldn't continue this, so keep reviewing! Arigato gozaimasu!!!
~KawaiiAyu

-----

What It Means To Trust You
Chapter 3: That Good Chinese Food


Faye stood silently in front of the full-length mirror in her room. She had on a plain black dress. It was the nicest thing she owned. Nicest, of coarse, meaning the least sluttish. She had taken to "normal" clothes a lot lately. Replacing jeans with the yellow hot pants. She had just gotten tired of them. And figured she might as well change now before she got huge. It wouldn't look all that great, being pregnant in hot pants and a short shirt. Not that she couldn't pull it off or anything.

She was getting ready for her dinner with Jet. He was gonna take her to a very classy place. She was surprised to hear Jet was going to pay so much money just for her to eat. When she stated that to him he just said he wasn't doing it for her, it was for the kid. And with that said he walked away. But not before she saw him blush. She knew he cared for her, but being the macho big man he was, he was not about to admit that. She cared for him too. Almost in a father daughter way. He took care of her, she had to say that. She was very glad that he was willing to let her stay on the Bebop.

She put the finishing touches on her makeup and brushed her hair once more. Her makeup wasn't heavy, just slightly noticeable. She let her true beauty shine through. To add to it, she left the headband behind. She let her bangs flow freely onto her forehead. She had to admit, it looked good on her.


She closed the door to her room and walked out into the lounge. Jet sat on the old yellow couch watched Big Shots. He turned his head toward her when she entered and smiled.

"Well well well. Look who's looking civilized."

"Can it Jet." She said back, but with a smile on her face.

"Ooooooooh! Faye Faye PRETTY!!!" Ed jumped up from her Tomato and was running circles around Faye. Ein barked.

Ed had come back after the whole Spike incident. Her father died. He had tried his hand at bounty hunting. Let's say the bounty won. Ed came back, having nowhere else to go, and she missed the old gang. She was upset about her father for a while but nothing big. That thought kind of saddened Faye. Ed never knew her father all that much. Then again, Faye didn't really know her father now.

"Heh, well she does have a point. You look very nice Faye." Jet commented.

"Thanks." She replied quietly, and tried not to blush. She couldn't remember the last time she got a sincere compliment.

"Well, shall we hit the road?" Jet offered his arm.

"'Kay." Faye giggled slightly at him but took the arm.

"BYE BYYYYYYYE! Bring Ed back souvenirs!!!" Ed screamed after them, waving those arms that seemed to have no bones.



About 15 minutes later Jet and Faye pulled up to Mandarin Gourmet. A high class Chinese restaurant. Jet knew Chinese was Fay's favorite food. How could he not when she always complained about not getting any of it? It was a very busy night but Jet had reservations. They had to wait for a hostess first though. As they stood at the front of the restaurant Faye looked at Jet for the first time. He was wearing that old tan suit. She figured it was the only thing he had that was reasonable to wear in a place like this. Finally a hostess came up to them.

"Hello!" She gave them one of those sickening fake smiles that they all wear. "May I help you two today?"

"Uh, yeah. I have a reservation under the name Black." Jet told the lady.

"Hmm... Okay, let's see." She ran her finger down the list she was holding. "Ah ha! Here you are. Follow me please." She led them to a small table near a window. They sat down and she handed them their menus, took their drink orders, and left.

Ten minutes later, Faye looked at the list of entrees, her eyes smiling. She just couldn't decide. It was all so good. The waitress came and Faye decided on one of her favorites, the Szechwan chicken. Jet got some shrimp plate Faye had never heard of.

They made small talk until their food got there, 20 minutes later. As the plate of chicken was set down in front of Faye she just stared at all the food and licked her lips. She picked up the chopsticks and started shoveling it in. Jet stared at her for a second before politely coughing. She looked up mid-shovel and looked at him with question in her eyes. He laughed slightly at the sight of a piece of chicken sticking out of her mouth. She realized her mistake and ate slowly. They ate quietly for 5 minutes, before Jet decided to say something.

"So, uh, I see you got your appetite back."

"Yup." She nodded, barely paying attention to him. "Eating for two now."

:Glad she's realized that.: Jet thought.

"Um... Faye? Can we talk?" She looked up at him, a mixture of shock and surprise slightly evident on her face.

"Sure." She set her chopsticks down and took a sip of her drink. "What 'bout?"

"Well, about your kid..." He said hesitantly.

"What about it?" She said, slightly angry.

"Um, well I was just wondering, what's your plan for him, or her?"

"What do you mean?" She crossed her arms and looked at him.

"Well, are you gonna keep him, or you know, give him up for adoption. Or... there's always abortion. It legal now, I know that it was an issue in your time and all-"

"Well, there's no question about it, I'm definitely not killing my own flesh and blood before it has a chance to live!" She slightly raised her voice.

"Okay, okay. Calm down. I understand. So what are you going to do then?"

She relaxed a little and pushed her food around with her chopsticks. "I'm not exactly sure. I wanna keep it, but then I don't, you know?" She continued at his nod. "I mean if I do, it would always be a reminder of what...*he* did to me. And there's always the chance of him coming back and trying to steal him or her. If I don't, I won't ever see them grow up or anything. I'll miss out on everything. And Vicious can always go get them if they're with someone else. In fact, it'll be even easier. I dunno... I'll probably keep it."

Jet smiled at her showing of feelings. "Good. It's for the best you know." She nodded still looking down at her food. "And Faye," She looked up at him. "I'll always be there for you, you know that?" She smiled back at him, tears welling up in her eyes. :Damn hormones getting at me already.: She thought. They finished their dinner in a comfortable silence.



-----

Heh sorry if it sucked. And sorry if it was short. I'm getting back into the groove, ya know? ^_~ Mandarin Gourmet is a real restaurant also. I went to it during my trip to California this summer. Dunno if it's anywhere else but Cali.
BTW, check out my Faye/Spike website... Link is in my profile. ^^

AIM: KawaiiAyu