Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Side of the Moon ❯ Firefly ( Chapter 53 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Firefly
*Torii*
I wandered around the campus looking for neighbors in the gay community. Stef's nice, but there's got to be others at this school. I like talking to people in the gay community. It's more fun to associate with someone you can relate with. Straight people are good. (Heck I grew up with them for a lone while!) But it's much easier for me to find someone gay and hang out with them. Anyway, I decided to take a break from trying to get Stef to talk to me. (I keep getting no where with this guy. He seems to be the most anti-social person I have ever met! But I'm not done yet! Just need to come up with a better strategy!) I was walking around the campus looking for some fresh meat when I saw him.
My target was sitting on the bench under the cherry tree. I studied the boy for a long time. He was a shy-looking boy. His hair was short and white-blonde looking. He looked to be about sixteen or seventeen years old. My target was tall for his age. The boy looked pretty skinny. I wanted to feed him so badly. His hands were big looking. I focused hard at his nails. They were polished and neatly cut. His clothes were neatly ironed and pressed. His t-shirt was black and his shorts looked like a soccer player's. His brown sandals looked new. He seemed to be out in a daze. He moved his head to look down at his feet in silence. Poor soul! He must lonely. My gay-dar went off like crazy. I could tell that he was gay. I smiled to myself. Perfect! He'll do just fine!
I kindly made my way over to my soon-to-be new pal. He was staring at the ground at his feet. He still didn't look up when I stood over him. I smiled at my pr- er new friend. “Hi!” I called. The boy still looked at the ground. “Hi.” he mumbled as if talking to himself. I slowly reached down and lifted up his chin to face me. Wow! Pretty powder blue eyes for a boy. I smiled at him.
“May I join you?” I ask slowly. The boy grew even more nervous. He didn't know if this was a trick or not. He looked away from me and said, “Okay…” I smiled brightly at him. “Great!” I called out. Then, I sat right down next to him.
Ah! Easy so far. Just do most of the talking and he is as good as mine. I turned to my new pal. “I'm Torii!” I called out. “What's your name?” The boy slowly looked up at me. He looked as if I was going to bite him. I kept smiling at him. “Cooper.” he answered softly. My eyes lit up brightly. “Cooper,” I called. “Cute name!” My pal turned away from me. I have him now. Time to ease into the point. “So,” I spoke up. “What all do you like?” Cooper didn't answer at first. “Planes.” he mumbled out. “As in airplanes?” Cooper nodded. “Oh!” I called. “Interesting!” My pal seemed a little confused. “I like to practice yoga!” I said. Cooper's eyes grew big in shock. “Really?” he asked. “Yep!” I called. Cooper finally began to smile.
We talked on for a long time. Cooper's a nice guy once you get to know him. He likes sailing, music, anime, manga, and playing cards. My gay-dar was right! Cooper is gay. He has been gay since he was twelve. The boy's kept it a secret for all of these years. He was afraid about how his family and friends would accept him if he came out of the closet. “Please don't tell anybody I'm gay!” my pal pleaded. I smiled at him gently. “Of course I won't!” I replied. Cooper smiled and hugged me tightly. I'm not used to being hugged by anyone. But anything to get him to trust me. *Sigh* One down, a few more to go! Wish me luck!
If I Died Today