Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Canti Angel ❯ Vol 1: Chap 7. Temptation ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Temptation
Canti sat alone in a Zen garden. Everything was serene. But, something wasn't right. It was too quiet.
“You love her, Canti.” an akuma whispered. The young kamimortal froze. He knew that voice too well. Every time a mystic falls for a human, the common problem awakes rudely. Humans all die eventually and that breaks a mystics heart. Then, that old akuma arrives. It's very sneaky and plays on mystics' emotions. It finally caught up with him.
“Give Anzu the immortal blood.” the akuma hissed. “Yes She'll live forever. You and her can be together forever. And Arestil would give up on trying to kill her.” Canti shut his eyes tightly. “No!” he thought. “This should never be done!
Canti awoke in a cold sweat. This was the first time he had been tempted to turn a lover immortal. He vowed himself never to do so.
Canti looked down at Anzu. She was in a peaceful dream. Kami, she was beautiful. Her skin was glowing in the moonlight. Her hair was perfect. Her mouth was the best feature of her face. Canti held Anzu close. He kissed her on her head. “Don't worry my love,” the kamimortal whispered. “I won't turn you.” Canti held on to Anzu tightly.
The trouble with the akuma is it never goes away. It just gets louder and louder. It won't shut up until the mystic complies. Canti was determined to fight it. He eased his mind with thoughts of Anzu. She was a gentle and strong soul. The girl could hold off against Arestil easily. Even more, if she was immortal.
There it was again! That old akuma just doesn't quit! It keeps coming back. “I won't do it!” Canti thought.
It was now two in the morning. Sleep was not an option anymore. That akuma would come back fast. It always did.
Canti looked down again. Anzu was still asleep. She was an angel. The kamimortal found it consoling to watch her sleeping. Anzu was so childlike in her sleep. Then, she nuzzled against his bare chest closely. Canti was taken-aback by her sudden movement at first. But then he smiled. Canti lightly stroked her hair. “Mmm, I love you, Canti-kun.” Anzu murmured in her sleep. Her boyfriend lightly kissed her on the head. “I love you too.” he whispered back.
“Just think Canti,” the akuma spoke again. “You can have this every night. Just give Anzu the immortal blood and you can have nights like this forever. Just turn her immortal.” “No! I can't do it! I won't do it!” Canti thought. He held Anzu tightly and shut his eyes. He wondered if he could win this battle. Now he was in two battles. Arestil and this akuma. No! He couldn't give up now! He would fight to keep Anzu alive and keep her human. It would be deadly, but anything for love!
In the morning, Anzu awoke to see Canti a bit worn out. “Canti-kun,” she said. “What's wrong?” The kamimortal shook his head. “Nothing, my love,” he answered. “Nothing.” Anzu watched her lover as he got dressed. “I'll be back again tonight, love.” Canti said once he was done dressing. His girl became excited. So much that she could barely speak. Canti smiled to himself coyly. Then he walked over to her and lightly kissed her on the lips. Anzu fell into bliss. “See you at school, Anzu-chan.” Canti whispered. Then he walked away. Anzu blushed as she watched him leave. Yes. This would be a risky battle. But it was all worth it. All worth it!
Fight on love!