Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Canti Angel ❯ Vol 7: Chap 46: Take the Pain Away ( Chapter 46 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Take the Pain Away

Yugi stood on the edge of the building. His eyes looked so dead. One step over would end it all. He closed his eyes and lifted his foot.

“Stop!” a girl yelled behind him. Yugi opened his eyes and turned around. Elizabeth stood in the doorway. She gripped the edge of door.

“You don't have to do this!” she shouted. He gave her a sad smile.

“She's hurt me too many times,” he said. Elizabeth hurried over to the edge.

“You don't have to jump,” she said. “Just talk to me.” Yugi looked away.

“What was there to say?” he asked. “Anzu betrayed me. She's with a guy who's better than me.”

“Aw, that can't be true,” Elizabeth said. “I do love my brother but you aren't beneath him.” She saw the desperate look in his eyes. The kamimortal could feel her heart breaking.

“Come here,” she said. Elizabeth pulled him into her arms. Tears welled up in his eyes.

“I can't take this anymore,” he said. “Why does it hurt?”

“Shhh,” she whispered in his ear. “I am here. I am here. Just let it all out.” The short boy broke down weeping. Elizabeth kept shushing him. It hurt her just as much.

They sat down on the edge of the building. Elizabeth looked at the sky. The Ogami twins had their hooks deep in him. How could she have slipped up like this? She looked over at Yugi. He looked like a little boy whose puppy had just died.

“She loves him more than me, doesn't she?” he asked. The kamimortal sighed.

“I can't lie to you,” she said. Tears welled up in his eyes. Elizabeth sighed.

“It's not that easy, you know?” she asked. “Sometimes, people can love more than one person at once. It just happens, you know?” Yugi just stared at her. Elizabeth rubbed her forehead. This wasn't working. Nothing she said could pull him out of it.

“I'm not good at this, am I?” she asked. He didn't say a word. Elizabeth shook her head.

“Look, I am not good at this sort of thing,” she said. “But I will not let you kill yourself. Your life is too valuable to just toss away like that. You will upset people.” Yugi looked at her with sad eyes.

“Elizabeth-san?” he asked. The kamimortal lifted her head.

“Hm?” she asked. Yugi rested his head on her shoulder. Elizabeth froze for a second. He looked her in the eye.

“Can you just stay with me like this?” he asked. “Please? I just…” Elizabeth dropped her shoulders.

“Sure,” she said. The kamimortal woman glanced around for a moment. Her eyes focused back on him. “I will stay with you. I am not going to leave you. I will help you get through this. We can get through this. You hear me, Yugi?” He didn't answer. The boy only looked her in the eye. Something stirred her heart inside. Elizabeth turned her head away, blushing. Meanwhile found himself just feeling numb in his darkness. She wasn't Anzu but this would have to do for now. Elizabeth just sat on the edge and just let Yugi rest on her shoulder.

This was just night one of this suicide watch.

Live for Tomorrow