Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Ouran High School Host Club ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ouran High School Host Club is the story about a girl who is on a scholarship to a fancy rich-kids prep school in hopes of getting another scholarship to college where she can study law like her dead mother. She wants to do good deeds and defend the weak. Haruhi Fujioka is so serious about this goal that she pays no attention to her appearance at school and gets mistaken for a boy by most students. This is an accident. She is NOT making a statement. She's pretty indifferent to boys and dating because her end goal is so important to her. Instead, her studies are interrupted and she is forced to pretend to be a pretty-boy in a host club that sells overpriced coffee, cakes, and male fawning to female clients of the club, all of them high school girls of the upper crust. They are rich, and mostly act like it. Haruhi is poor and resents them, but possesses common sense so ends up frustrated by their thoughtless idiocy much of the time, thus comedy happens. It is a comedy anime. The art makes them pointy, but you'll understand Commoners Coffee as referenced by every anime fan in the world is because they have seen this show. Yes, it is that important. And its well done and has some good storylines exploring the characters she interacts with, and her own weaknesses and blind spots. Haruhi Fujioka has been ignoring her maidenly desires, to the point of making her father upset with her, but the boys of the club want to get her full attention. More comedy ensues. 

This is a classic from 20 years ago and deserves to be watched by every single anime fan more than 12 years old.