Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Death March To A Parallel World Rhapsody ( Chapter 26 )

[ A - All Readers ]

This is the show that I would rather have been watching than the second season of In Another World With A Smartphone (And No Significant Challenges To My Tourist Lifestyle). Why that show got a second season is a mystery of the ages, but a second season of Death March Kindergarten would have been better. 

The basics are a guy who works for a black company making crappy cellphone games dies on the job and wakes up as a player in an RPG world, without explanation or meeting any gods. He's just there. Immediately he gets scared by attackers and ends up with pretty much ridiculous levels, but saves the points to use as needed on his journey. He's still a tourist, but at least he has a good attitude.

He ends up adopting several children because not having kids of his own is his life's biggest regret. There are several cute kids, and a sarcastic Japanese housewife reincarnated as a princess-witch-loli, who is a famous enchantress criminal that likes to control men with spells, and is kinda bitter she's trapped as a loli because its a long time to wait for sex as an adult again. The banter between her and the hero are funny bits in the story, and she's a good humorous character. 

The high point of the drama in this show involves a giant tree and a quest to rescue a maiden. The low point involves some crappy berghers who want to drive a potions maker out of business, because that was a stupid plot point to follow the tree. The show ends with the potions resolution, but it was unsatisfying. There is plenty more manga, so why they opted to spend two eps on that nothing drama is a mystery. Why the rest of the series isn't getting made is probably a combination of Covid on the studios and that lame ending of season 1. How you do things matters!