Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Shield Hero ( Chapter 33 )

[ A - All Readers ]

There are many problems with Shield Hero. The biggest one is the main character is a bastard, and I mean that in the most offensive way possible. He went from a big brother to a slaver in two days. He then abused his child slave into fighting monsters for him, which is a war crime. So everybody who likes this is morally the same as a war criminal. Let that sink in. 

The second problem with Shield Hero is that its fairly obvious the starting country is evil, and an adult would flee, get across the border like escaping Nazi Germany for Switzerland. There are countries that actually like the Shield Hero, and have those special shrines so he can improve his level. Staying in Nazi Germany and working for Hitler, or Hitler's ex when the queen takes over, is not ethically okay. It is still helping Nazi Germany. And that is wrong. Flee, take your slave with you, you war criminal! 

Third problem is the popularity of this show justifies distrust around the world towards Japan, because far too many of these Isekai shows embrace slavery and support owning people. And that the Japanese still think owning people is okay and justifiable means that they aren't civilized and cannot be trusted to manage their own international affairs. It is pretty obvious that if the USA shut its bases the Japanese would go back to invading the Pacific again and get nuked by their neighbors almost immediately, so the only reason Japanese people still exist is because we're still controlling them and curbing their evil bigoted tendencies. And how depressing is that? 

In short: do not watch Shield Hero. It starts nasty and gets worse.